[Round 47: Destroy Ivalice] World Wars 2

1152 posts

Flag Post

Rent
Forty
Lettuce

(Heres a copy of the map. Trying diffrent sizes of the map, tell me what you think..)

Flag Post

After the ruler of Ivalice, Zzzip50, conquered the world when the Earth began. Sparks began to rise within the regions, they had split apart and started to split off into diffrent colonies and lived the way they wanted to, with their own rules, just like states today. This angered Zzzip50, he tried convincing them to come back, he tried kidnapping, he even tried forcing them. None of this worked, the world was seperated. Kings of the diffrent colonies took this opportunity to rule the world, just like Zzzip50 had before, who will stand on top and claim all 51 regions?

How to Play

The game will go in turns, each player start out with $200 to spend on units and supplies. Every region you have means more money, your cash comes in at the start of your turn. For every region you have you get the income shown on the region at the start every round. Your goal is to capture all 51 regions in the world, to do so, you must kick everybody out. To kick somebody out of a region you have to have units, lets say you have 50 units and the region you’re trying to take over has 45, you can take over this region because you have more units then that region does. If you choose to raid the region you will take over that region and have 5 units left after the raid. If you have 20 units and your trying to raid a region with 30, you will have 0 units and the region will have 10 units. If you have 100 units and you choose the option attack (notice how I said attack not raid) a region with 150 units, you can attack the region with 20 units, after the attack you will have 80 units and that region will have 130 units.

Move Options

Every turn you have 4 moves to spend. The options you have to spend these on are listed below.

Pass: You may pass your turn, you will gather your income but nothing else will happen.
Move: Moving units to another region you own costs 1 move point. Moving units is good for when you know a big attack is coming in a region and you want more units to defend that area.
Attack: Attacking costs 2 move points, to attack you set a certain amount of units that you have to attack a region, lets say you have 20 units,and you want to attack a region with 30 units, you want to attack that region with 5 units, so your move would be “Attack (region here) with 5 units”, you now have 15 units and the region has 25 units. If you have 50 units attacking a region with 50 units, you may attack but both will have no units, nobody claims any land, just the region attacked has no units.
Raid: Raids cost 3 move points. Raids are similar to attacking, but instead of lowering the amount of units the region has, you take it over. If you have 60 units and the region has 20, if you say “Raid (Region here)” your 60 will become 40, that region will have 0 and you will gain that region as territory, but you may want to move units over there since it starts out with 0 units.
Gift: Gifting takes 0 move points, gifting is where you give another region a certain amount of cash or units.
Buy: Buying costs 0 move points. To buy just say “I buy (Object you wish to buy) for (Amount of gold is costs)”, What can you buy? Look below!

Flag Post

The Store

The store is where you buy units, without units, you have 0% chance of winning.
Warrior $80 – Worth 1 Unit: Hire a Warrior to charge into battle swinging with a blade, bad alone but effective in groups. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking

Knight: $130 – Worth 2 units: Hire a knight mounted upon a horse to assault anybody. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking

Mercenary: $180 – Worth 3 Units: Hire a Mercenary with a rifle to kill anyone who stands in your way, will work for anybody as long as the price is right. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking

Grenade: $600 – Worth 7 units: Buy a Frag Gernade to toss into a region to kill others. Can “hop” over 1 region when attacking

Missle: $1,205 – Worth 16 Units: Buy a remote controlled missle and explode a region to bits!. Can “hop” over 1 region when attacking

Assault Dogs: $1,250 – Worth 38 Units: Buy a rabid pack of dogs to rush into a region and literaly rip your oppenents apart. Can “hop” over 2 regions when attacking

Torpedo: $1,600 – Worth 15 Units: A unique weapon that cant be used on land, only in the water. You must use it on a coastal region and you can only hit other coastal regions.

Sky Bomb: $2,850 – Worth 85 Units: Buy a bomb to drop down from the skies and blow the land into another realm! Can “hop” over 3 regions when attacking

Explosive Mines: $5,900 – Worth 190 units: Buy 100 mines to place in a region turning that region into a mine field, let the soldiers explode on one step! Can “hop” over 3 regions when attacking

Nuke: $15,000 – Automatically Takes over any region and 5 other regions of your choice adjacent to targeted area, any units in that area is now gone. Can hit any region on any island or continent.

Infected Dog: (7) $80,000 – Worth 500 units: This dog has been mutated due to heavy pollution from nearby factories, it has grown to the size of a 3 story house with razor sharp fangs. As soon as this dog is purchased, his intimidating roar is enough to take over 10 regions around the bought area, his roar can hop over 1 region.
Due to the heavy amounts of radiation this dog has taken in he cannot be harmed by a nuke. The 500 units CANNOT be broken up, the 500 units must stay as a whole. The dog can hop over 5 regions when attacking.

NOTE: If you have a mercenary and a warrior, (equalling 4 units) You can move 2 units to one region and 2 to another region. You can also move 3 units to one region and 1 unit to another, or 4 all into one region.

Water Units

All boats allow access to docks. If you own a dock and a boat you can sail to the other continent, you may only sail to any other region regardless if it has a dock. Your units MUST be in a region with a dock to move the units over to another region. You must raid the region once you enter it UNLESS the region is occupied with a member of your alliance.

Raft: $100 – This boat made of twigs and branches can only hold a mesely 10 units without breaking.
Boat: $700 – This small fishing boat allows 30 units to board on it.
Carrier Boat: $1,750 – This long boat allows 150 units to board.
Battle Ship: $7,500 – This boat is loaded with cannons and guns, this ship will ALWAYS have atleast 50 units on it, excluding your own units. This boat can hold 200 units.

Alliances/Truces

Alliances can be made! If you form together and team up agastint one person, thats totally acceptable, but the people in your alliances may want cash for helping you out. Alliances can have up to 2 people in them, so no forming all together and no war goes on therefore the game ends, thats the only reason why I have this rule.

Taking Over Regions

You can take over regions two ways, force, or economically.

Force: By forcing ruling kings out of their regions you can attack them as described in the how to play section. If you have 30 units taking over a region with 10 units. You will get region 2 and region 1 will have 20 units left over.

OverSeas/Force: If you own a boat and a region with a dock, (orange squares), you can sail to another continent and forcefully take over the region. Before you ask “Let’s say im attacking OverSeas, do I have to raid a region with a dock?” and the answer is no. Any coastal region (A coastal region is a region touching water) is legal to attack/raid. Once your ship lands, you must raid that region UNLESS the region is occupied with an allianced country, then in that case, your units will bunker down in the allianced region.

Economically: When you economically (or buy) sombody out of a region. You gain any units that region has along with the territory. Buying can be the best thing to do in some regions, but it can be the worst options because just buying the units to raid the region would be alot cheaper. Each region has its own price, value configuration is $85 for every unit, $15 for every income, and if the region owns a dock then the value of the region is increased by $500. Quite pricey to buy a region but some of the time cheaper!

OverSeas/Economically: Later in the game a green dock will appear, this green dock is an economic dock. In most cases this will boost the income of the region gaining this dock. If you have a region with an economic dock, then you can Economically force out anybody with a economic dock.

Water War

(Idea by WiiWonder and SimenG. Gears, Most Mechanics, and Words by Zzzip50. Some Mechanics by SimenG.)

When you buy a boat, you assign it to a dock, and it can only hold up a maximum of 30 units. Number of Boats are stackable in each dock. When a dock is destroyed, the Boats are lost as well. Sailing a boat to another region takes 2 turn, 1 turn to send it, and 1 turn to sail. When the boat reaches its destination, its action is determined by what you have ordered it to do. If you said “Raid Bay of Beld with Boat docked at Half Moon that currently has 25 units” A boat will leave half moon, then next round the boat will show in the water making its journy. Then the next turn the boat will have taken over Bay of Beld. Let’s say Bay of beld sees the incoming ship and wants to attack Boat 1 before it arrives. Bay of Beld will say “Raid Boat from Half Moon with Boat docked at Bay of Beld that has 30 units.”, A ship will leave Bay of Beld and attack Ship 1. The ship has been sunken but the ship from Half Moon now only has 5 units. The ship will return back to Bay of Beld, victorious in stopping the attacking fleet.

Once a region with a boat gets raided or gets raided with a torpedo, the boats will sink.

Flag Post

Natural Events

Natural Events may happen to a specific region, country, continent, or world. Anything can happen, such as tornados, earthquakes, indians, gold rush, anything. These can be bad or good, bad as natural disasters, which effects units negatively. Good as Gold Rushes, RNG will roll a random region which will automatically give the owner of that region amount of gold that is named in the event title. If nobody owns the land that the gold rush appears, the person who captures that region the same round that the event occured in, will get said amount. If nobody claims the land in that round then the gold will be dried up and taken by the indians.

Signs

1. S_98, Janmere
2. MysteryMason, Ivalice DESTROYED
3. Myhome16, NOT YOUR COUNTRY
4. SimenG, Parasitius DESTROYED
5. Devourer359, Destroy Ivalice

Reserves

If you sign after the fifth spot has been filled, you will be put here. Note, that if a player wishes to drop out, you will be put in starting with the first reserver. The player before the reserver could quit when he has 1 region and everybody else has 10, making it almsot impossible for the reserver… there is an unlimited amount of spots for reservers.

1. Wercooler
2. ZombiestookmyTV

NOTE: Before you sign, give your country a name! Also, select where you want to start out at! You may start out at any region labeled with “Units: 0” (Nevod, Tonk, North Kul, Beld, Pink.)

Flag Post

Sign. I shall call my country… em.. hold on… Janmere.

Flag Post

After the ruler of Ivalice, Zzzip50, conquered the world when the Earth began. Sparks began to rise within the regions, they had split apart and started to split off into diffrent colonies and lived the way they wanted to, with their own rules, just like states today. This angered Zzzip50, he tried convincing them to come back, he tried kidnapping, he even tried forcing them. None of this worked, the world was seperated. Kings of the diffrent colonies took this opportunity to rule the world, just like Zzzip50 had before, who will stand on top and claim all 51 regions?

My fuxing beautiful nation!!!! FUX THE UNIVERSEEE!!!!!!!!

I SHALL COMMENCE THIS REQUISITION AS….SOON TO BE UNITED IVALICE!!!! OR IVALICE FOR SHORT!

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Sign

MY COUNTRY NAME SHALL BE not your country, but in all caps.

Flag Post

I forgot to add, you may select where you start out at, but your starting region has to be a region with “Units: 0”

Flag Post

enlarge map, pls. I meant make it clearer to see.

Flag Post

Re-sign! The original was the best game on FGF I’ve hitherto partooketh. I think I’ll remain as Parasitius this time.

EDIT: Hevod

Flag Post

Zoom in map, I can’t read it at all.

Flag Post

Alright, when I used imgur, it made it very large… so I tried image shack and made it smaller… what do you think about the next size thats coming up soon?

EDIT: Its up..

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

Zoom in map, I can’t read it at all.

FYI: You can actually enlarge the entire screen (effectively zoom-in) by using the combination: [(Ctrl) + (+)].

Flag Post

Okay, I pick Beld

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

Re-sign! The original was the best game on FGF I’ve hitherto partooketh. I think I’ll remain as Parasitius this time.

EDIT: Hevod

BTW: Its a N :P

Flag Post

My starting place shall be North KUL.
I rename the region of North KUL to Kittens (of DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM).

Flag Post

My starting place shall be North KUL.
I rename the region of North KUL to Kittens (of DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM).

What the hell, maaaaaaaaaaan?

Flag Post

I will play all the way if you add a turf upgrade system. Its simple.

Base cost is 1500, increasing by 500 each time. Any actions involving attacking and defending are increased by 25% per stage on the chosen territory.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

I will play all the way if you add a turf upgrade system. Its simple.

Base cost is 1500, increasing by 500 each time. Any actions involving attacking and defending are increased by 25% per stage on the chosen territory.

I think I like my idea better..

Flag Post

I suppose water battles are out of the question?

Flag Post

Pink.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Pink.

You dare settle on the same landmass as me? This can only mean two things: war or alliance. Pick your poison…

Flag Post

I also wish to be red on the world map.

Flag Post

I suppose water battles are out of the question?

Intresting idea, but I don’t see how that would work.. if a ship sailing from one region to the other takes no time at all, I don’t see how it could happen. But very intresting..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Pink.

You dare settle on the same landmass as me? This can only mean two things: war or alliance. Pick your poison…

I was the winner of the previous World Wars. How about you pick your poison. Do you wish to ally with me or do you wish to be my first target?