[Round 47: Destroy Ivalice] World Wars 2 page 2

1152 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by stone667:
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

I suppose water battles are out of the question?

Intresting idea, but I don’t see how that would work.. if a ship sailing from one region to the other takes no time at all, I don’t see how it could happen. But very intresting..

Currently, it’s impossible to formally accommodate. However, if you would be so kind as to implement a certain grid in the system of the water-mass, then such a procedure could be officially actualized.

Flag Post

Could make sea regions. The ships would then go port>sea region>other port over 2 turns. Like the sea region is a place with 0income that just takes movement.

It would also take a turn to move from the port to the sea, and from the sae to the other port, giving the defender time to defense his or her coastal territories.
EDIT:
Something like Simeng said. Doesn’t quite have to be a grid, but could make it a bit more organized. The grids would also have to be somewhat large.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

I also wish to be red on the world map.

By default your green and WiiWonder is red… switching colors changes the turn order.. if WiiWonder is willing to trade colors, that’d be fine. All that would happen is that WiiWonder Would go third and and myhome16 would go first, and of course wiiwonder would come up as Gross Green and myhome16 will come up as Radical Red.. Do you want to switch WiiWonder?

EDIT: Sounds intresting, though it would majorly affect gameplay… could be a possibility… depends on what others thinks of this idea

Could make sea regions. The ships would then go port>sea region>other port over 2 turns. Like the sea region is a place with 0income that just takes movement.

It would also take a turn to move from the port to the sea, and from the sae to the other port, giving the defender time to defense his or her coastal territories.
EDIT:
Something like Simeng said. Doesn’t quite have to be a grid, but could make it a bit more organized. The grids would also have to be somewhat large.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Pink.

You dare settle on the same landmass as me? This can only mean two things: war or alliance. Pick your poison…

I was the winner of the previous World Wars. How about you pick your poison. Do you wish to ally with me or do you wish to be my first target?

Any ally is welcome. The last thing either of us needs is to be fighting over land early in the game. I suggest banding together and securing the island.

Flag Post

Pink.

You dare settle on the same landmass as me? This can only mean two things: war or alliance. Pick your poison…

I was the winner of the previous World Wars. How about you pick your poison. Do you wish to ally with me or do you wish to be my first target?

Any ally is welcome. The last thing either of us needs is to be fighting over land early in the game. I suggest banding together and securing the island.

Choice, good you make.

~Yoda

Flag Post
I rename the region of North KUL to Kittens (of DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM).

This^.
I propose a pact between myself and Simeng. An alliance, it would be. I say the terms should be no attacks on each other.
EDIT: Stone, I could whip up a quick picture for this if you want?

Flag Post

Cool. A water battle system would be good. Like you could have sea units attacking with artillery, increasing attack. Air units like bombers could be used too.

Flag Post

This game is getting more complicated by the second..

With all these player suggestions.

Flag Post

I also wish to be red on the world map.

By default your green and WiiWonder is red… switching colors changes the turn order.. if WiiWonder is willing to trade colors, that’d be fine. All that would happen is that WiiWonder Would go third and and myhome16 would go first, and of course wiiwonder would come up as Gross Green and myhome16 will come up as Radical Red.. Do you want to switch WiiWonder?

EDIT: Sounds intresting, though it would majorly affect gameplay… could be a possibility… depends on what others thinks of this idea

EDIT:

No thanks, I won’t switch.

Flag Post

No duh, who would want to give up the privilege of the first move?

Flag Post

This^.
I propose a pact between myself and Simeng. An alliance, it would be. I say the terms should be no attacks on each other.

Haha, you can make the picture if you want, but I don’t want to change any of the names.. they have refrences in a couple of them, alot of them infact..

Flag Post

Cool. A water battle system would be good. Like you could have sea units attacking with artillery, increasing attack. Air units like bombers could be used too.

I vote to keep this on the ground and oceans.

Flag Post

This^.

Of course I agree upon this pact! However, this general layout/format probably might discourage a 5th party from showing up as there can only be 2 nations per alliance and there can only be two alliances. Such a contestant would be by him/herself in this race for dominance.

EDIT: With aforementioned hindsight, would it be wise to introduce the concept of a 6th slot? I know that it would mess up the map, but it would- given some modifications- definitely improve compatibility.

Flag Post

I vote to keep this on the ground and oceans.

I mean not air battles but using bombers on land battles. Air battles is going too far.

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

This^.

Of course I agree upon this pact! However, this general layout/format probably might discourage a 5th party from showing up as there can only be 2 nations per alliance and there can only be two alliances. Such a contestant would be by him/herself in this race for dominance.

I was pretty much alone. My other 2 allianced members did nothing for the remainder of the game, except one of my alliances which recieved all the money from the last 2 enemies I defeated.

Flag Post

Boats.

When you buy a boat, you assign it to a dock, and it can only hold up a maximum of 30 units.

Number of Boats are stackable in each dock.

When a dock is destroyed, the Boats are lost as well.

Who supports.

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

This^.

I was pretty much alone. My other 2 allianced members did nothing for the remainder of the game, except one of my alliances which recieved all the money from the last 2 enemies I defeated.

Ah, but even though their absence of conduction wasn’t directly beneficial (if at all), they didn’t attack you and presented themselves as barriers protecting you from invasion. Also, only once you had amassed quite the artillery did you fight completely independently (even then you were at a huge advantage imo). This person will have to start alone and finish alone. As for what happens in between.. let’s just say it won’t be very egalitarian.

Flag Post

Alright, so its settled… Water battles and Ground battles can appear…

Ocean Battle

Never mind this, im stealing zzzip50’s words :P

Flag Post

reserved for map with added sea regions.
Here it is
I was thinking that you could edit your map to be something like this, as mine is a bit distant.
NOTABLE THINGS:
Concave is completely inside the Concave gulf, but Shard of hell can be attacked from the gulf and sea region 1.
A few others can be attacked from 2 regions, and some can’t. Use your judgement.
EDIT: this looks a bit lopsided now.Either 4 & 6 should be combined, or 1 should be split.

Flag Post

Alright, so its settled… Water battles and Ground battles can appear…

Ocean Battle

When a ship leaves the dock (orange square) they must stop in the mid ocean. Lets say Region A is attacking Region B. Region A sends out Boat A to attack Region B. Region B gets frightened and sends Boat B to attack Boat A, if Boat B has more units than Boat A, it will return to dock.

I know its short and complex, anybody think im missing out key points? Im getting writters block..

Maybe including specific ocean units, like battleships I suppose, to help counter it better. And maybe certain ocean units can be used in coast battles. (like using artillery.)

Flag Post

Might need to add a variety of boats now. Each with a base unit and the amount of units it can carry.

The amount of units inside also contribute to the power of the boat.

Boats in the same regions may challenge each other immediately.

Place a marker inside a region marking all the boat types and its units.

When a boat is destroyed, all units are lost.

Some boats might also have certain special functions.

Like U Boats that is hard to detect and Battleships that may add a .25x multiplier to the number of units on board but that multiplier is removed when unloading.

Flag Post

Might need to add a variety of boats now.

I was already going to do that.

This im confused about, I was going to add a section for boats on the stat screen.. (Shows the income, current cash, etc.)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Might need to add a variety of boats now.

I was already going to do that.

This im confused about, I was going to add a section for boats on the stat screen.. (Shows the income, current cash, etc.)

This feature would prove to be for strategy and therefore stability in the long run. If you were to show what boats a certain dock has, then other factions could have formulate about how/when to attack due to different ships having different units etc. obviously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

YOu may as well make virtually a clone copy of civilization 5 for all i care. Its almost like it in many ways, just forum game format.

No buildings, wonders, improvements, tech, great people, or fog of war. There IS stacking military units, no settlers, air units, leaders, or terrain.
NOT a copy of Civ V. I know, I have it.