Darkspell: Shattered Legacies page 2

1794 posts

Flag Post

Name: Lucius Brule
Element: Plant
Secondary Element: Earth
Weapon: Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifle with detachable scope and a choice of two types of rounds, Tranq rounds manufactured through nature and plant magic and Spike rounds manufactured through rocks and earth magic. For close quarters, a Kukri (The blade the Royal Gurkha Rifles carry, a group of British-Controlled elite units who are Nepali in descent.)
Description: Due to the punishment of accelerated aging, he has gray hair on the sides and back of his head while the top is bald with dark coffee marks on him. He stands at 5’5 with blue eyes and is slightly wrinkled like an old man. When blending in with nature, he appears dead if discovered. When engaging in battle or necessary activity involving movement, he loses his coffee marks and becomes more energetic. He wears adaptive camouflage according to the environment he is in. In other words, if he is in any environment, depending on where he hides, camouflage will change in color and pattern to match.

Bio: Lucius became one with nature at an early age and was a natural at plant magic since childhood. He wanted to learn how to fend for himself and learned through proper training how to use a rifle both for hunting prey and hunting for food. In his adolescence, he started learning earth-based magic, eventually learning how to make bullets for his rifle. To defend himself in close quarters, he self-taught himself how to use a blade with ease. He plucked the kukri off of a hunter out of necessity to defend himself in close quarters. He eventually came to learn through the combination of plant and earth magic how to change camouflage patterns and colors and photosynthesize with nature when necessary but as a side effect, was subjected to accelerated aging, meaning he looks much older then he actually is. Instead of looking like a thirty-five year old man, he looks to be twice his age. Due to practice with his rifle and experience with the rifle in battle, he has never been defeated in a gunfight. He is incredibly patient and unnerving.

(Keep in mind that I modeled this almost completely off of The End if not completely off of him, period from MGS 3: Snake Eater. That old man was a tough boss.)

Flag Post

[My character’s profile is now finished. Hooray for long biographies! :D]

[When am I allowed to have a second character? And are we allowed to have nonhuman or partially nonhuman characters?]

[Oh, and I know practically nothing about the Darkspell universe. Anyone mind giving me a brief overview?]

Flag Post

…Hooray for long biographies! :D]

[Pfft, yeah right.]

[ Goes to last page and checks it out. ]

[Yea- HBWHAAAAAAAAAAA?]

[Anyways, about that overview.]

[Here’s my incredibly useless rundown of what I’ve gathered from my two short encounters with Darkspell.]

[The universe is filled with a bunch of crazy superpowered assholes who blow things up for absolutely no reason, the end.]

[I’m talking to you, Marth! :D]

[@devourer, a bit of flavor text never hurt anybody (except Daniel Defoe’s… shudder).]

He creates whatever weapons he needs with his ice element.

[Ok, that’s nice and all…. but here’s a version which offers a bit more depth in terms of RP amazingness.]

He fabricates whatever makeshift tool or weapon he may need by condensing and freezing moisture out of the air around him.

[Yes, it creates a potential weakness if we were to place your character in, say, the void of space where there’s no water vapor to utilize. But then again, it didn’t make sense for him to create ice out of thin air to begin with.]

[I’m not totally sure whether the water element allows you to control ice.]

[Logically, it would: because ice and water are comprised of the exact same thing on a molecular level.]

[But then again — logic dictates that their are no crazy superpowered assholes flying around blowing things up with blimp-sized fireballs.]

[ MARTH ]

Flag Post

If you have two elements, is the second weaker than the first?

Flag Post

[As a general rule, yes.]

[This is because, as Ros stated, the first one is generally one which the character had a natural affinity for since birth, and which your character nurtured and cared for to become stronger: and the second one was born from Rocky Balboa training montages somewhere along the line.]

Flag Post

[…]

[:(]

Flag Post

[LURKER!]

[And one with a pointless post, at that.]

[Ros, I encourage you to make a separate game thread — just this once. Because obviously this OOC (Out of Character) is OOC (Out of Control).]

Flag Post
Originally posted by InfiniteExpanse:

[LURKER!]

[Ros, I encourage you to make a separate game thread — just this once. Because obviously this OOC (Out of Character) is OOC (Out of Control).]

[I only just got up you twit]

[How could I lurk]

Flag Post

[OH, SO I’M A TWIT, NOW AM I?]

[It’s true, I am…. Sorry, Knoob]

Flag Post

(I finished, bitches. Blendy is back. What’s everyone been up to?)

(Shit, 25 years before the first D-spell…no Basil or Alessia there.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by WillItBlend:

Name: Bazyli Oberon/Alessia Oberon
Element: Plant/Fire
Secondary Element: Darkness (For reason of Hellfire and the like in the previous episode.)
Weapon: Cane with rapier hidden inside (Basil)/Hair (Alessia)
Description: Basil stands at 5’6 with dark brown short hair and blue eyes. He used to wear old, classic clothing such as suits with cravats. Now, he wears short-sleeved button-ups with khakis or jeans. Alessia typically wears a black, red and white croupier’s uniform but can change clothing with her hair. She stands at 5’4 with brunette hair and amber eyes. Her breasts are sized up at 34E. The ones who actually made contact with them were Basil and one of Knoob’s characters.
Bio: Basil used to be well known for his talents as the doctor of a small town. He still holds on to his knowledge as a doctor of natural medicine and herbalist as it was taught by his stepmother, Amanda. His stepfather, Winston taught him about the fine art of combat, enabling Basil to use any bladed weapon in an advantageous manner. His wife, Alessia had died some years ago in an island nation filled with cat people. Her spirit now inhabits Basil’s body and mind, enabling the body itself to turn into that of a woman from time to time and back. In combat, he prefers to set the stage before beginning the fight.

Alessia loved exploration and was somewhat devious in behavior, leading sometimes to rather interesting conversations sometimes. She is trained in an art that allows her to use her hair in many ways, growing it and utilizing the growth as she sees fit. It’s not just limited to combat either. She inhabits her husband’s body, allowing for transformation to happen when deemed fit. Communication between the two makes the body look like its talking to itself but communication can be made easier when a mirror is nearby for the reflection of the other party inside the body.

The both of them, having studied how to access the darkness within them have gained the ability to enter their other forms. Basil becomes like that of a dried out zombie of sorts with pale, brown skin and dirty, gray hair with glowing green eyes. He gains control of “Corruption” magic, a combination of darkness and plant elements. Alessia gains control of hellfire magic, a combination of darkness and fire elements. In her dark form, her hair is pitch black, her eyes are pitch black as if there were no eyes there to begin with and her skin is gray like burnt-out charcoal. Blood begins running down from her eyes and head in this form. She is the epitome of fear and chaos but her body might be distracting as the breasts and butt maintain their good shapes.

[I just began to read through the profiles.]

[This is a prequel, and I think it’s… 20, 25 years before the original Darkspell?]

[When am I allowed to have a second character? And are we allowed to have nonhuman or partially nonhuman characters?]

[From my experiences with the first game, it was a short amount of time. I can’t imagine it’d be more than a week at most. You’d have to ask Ros, but I’m sure he trusts you not to abuse the freedom of multiple characters anyway.]

[Oh, and I know practically nothing about the Darkspell universe. Anyone mind giving me a brief overview?]

[Well, I think the game takes place in a city called Imperis. It did before. The members of Sivis Sasis, the main antagonists and the other guys that worked with them (Ros’ father, Platnis) should be quite young. Because it’s a prequel, most things from the original don’t carry over. Ros and several other characters haven’t been born yet. The games only focused on some small groups of players trying to kill each other. Everyone has magic, and the PCs tend to be especially talented with it. There is both magic and modern technology; But no cars. One of the bigger organisations is The Order of the Paladins, who are a force of elite peacekeepers created by BC, and all his characters seem to come from that.]

The Order of the Paladins is a group of magic-wielding knights, along with some archers, gunmen and the like, dedicated to exterminating evil across the lands of Darkspell. There is a variation of this order under various different names in every version of Darkspell; this particular version has a main base in the city of Imperis, and works as follows.
Initially getting into the order requires a fairly good knowledge of Ligia magic from any source, or Divine magic of any type – this basically means that those wielding Prophacia, Necrolia, Heavasia, Shadesi and Ligia will be accepted if skilled enough. Heavasia users are particularly prized, as they fulfil both requirements, and may be used as conduits for the creators to boot; Shadesi and Necrolia users are not accepted as frequently as other types of Ligia/Divine users, as they have a higher tendency to become corrupted by their arts and betray the order, although they can become some of the most powerful members of the order, given enough time. Dracim and Reifac users are also, on occasion, accepted, as they are technically light magic wielders, although due to the general use of all natural magic forms by Dracim, and the potential focus on any natural element for Reifac, it is very rare that they will attain enough basic knowledge of Ligia in order to be accepted; so far, the highest rank such a user has reached is six, by a Reifac user.
There are ten ranks to attain overall. New members start at rank one, with the most basic armour and weaponry of the order, and work their way up from there based on how quickly they learn and how well they do in missions set for them. For obvious reasons, the more dangerous missions, such as the raid against the dark overlord Irunda Imedos on Entropy Isle, are reserved for the more powerful Paladins, usually in groups of five to fifteen based on the group’s average rank and the danger of the mission; along the same lines, the most powerful spells are learned only by the highest ranked Paladins, as they may cause severe harm to lesser ranked Paladins or Paladins who would be considered unworthy of wielding such spells in the first place.
Attaining higher ranks is not just about sheer physical or mental power, though, but about willpower too – starting at rank two, Paladins begin to make various vows to better themselves as people. For example, the vow of celibacy common with holy orders such as this is made at rank five. It is, in theory, possible for one single Paladin to wield reality-warping power, yet be virtually incapable of reaching the highest common rank of eight, simply due to how much must be sacrificed to reach it.
The second highest rank of nine is rarely reached by any Paladin, as it requires huge amounts of power to be wielded and vows to be made before consideration can even begin; the highest amount of rank 9 Paladins ever recorded to be active at the same time is eleven, and since then, the amount has rarely gone above six or seven. Rank ten is held solely by the current leader of the order – the grandmaster. His duties include personally training each of the current rank nine Paladins, as well as leading the utmost dangerous of missions against the darkest of evils. Upon his death, but before his body is cremated, a specific rank eight necromancer will be called in to temporarily bring his spirit back, in order to choose a new grandmaster from the current rank nine Paladins. This will usually be a Heavasia or Ligia user, although other types of rank nine Paladin have also reached rank ten before, either due to their power or the strictness of their moral code.

[There’s BC’s original description of The Order of the Paladins. Oh, and Darkspell was created by six ‘Creators’ (hurphurphurphurp) who aren’t Gods or anything silly like that, one for each Divine/Void Element. It’s apparently one of several worlds, but that concept’s never really been explored. Sadly, there wasn’t too much expansion of the backstory of Darkspell-It was mostly Marth’s attempts to kill everything and then other people stopping him or Sivis Sasis’ attempts to kill everything and the PCs stopping them.

(I finished, bitches. Blendy is back. What’s everyone been up to?)

(Shit, 25 years before the first D-spell…no Basil or Alessia there.)

[Goddamn ninjas]

Flag Post

(Tis fixed)

(I was in Florida for two weeks and let me tell you that when you go to Disney World as a person in your twenties, you finally realize how hot the chicks dressed as Tinkerbell, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella and her stepsisters, etc. truly are. I boned Tinkerbell and gave her some magical baby batter. I then went to Epcot’s areas around the world attractions to get shitfaced on Asahi (Japanese beer), Amstelbock (German bier with complimentary stein) and Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and some sort of beer from the Morocco region. It had a peppery taste so I had that initial feeling that since it went down smooth, it was going to burn like hell on the way back up.)

Flag Post

(Tis fixed)

(I was in Florida for two weeks and let me tell you that when you go to Disney World as a person in your twenties, you finally realize how hot the chicks dressed as Tinkerbell, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella and her stepsisters, etc. truly are. I boned Tinkerbell and gave her some magical baby batter. I then went to Epcot’s areas around the world attractions to get shitfaced on Asahi (Japanese beer), Amstelbock (German bier with complimentary stein) and Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and some sort of beer from the Morocco region. It had a peppery taste so I had that initial feeling that since it went down smooth, it was going to burn like hell on the way back up.)

[Y’ew]

[Make like a tree and leave the sex out of your stories]

Flag Post

[It was Tinkerbell though. How can you deny a life-sized version of the pixie?]

Flag Post

Knoob, thanks for helping clear all these questions up. Now, let me put in my two cents:

[As a general rule, yes.]

[This is because, as Ros stated, the first one is generally one which the character had a natural affinity for since birth, and which your character nurtured and cared for to become stronger: and the second one was born from Rocky Balboa training montages somewhere along the line.]

This is pretty usual at the beginning of the game.
Pretty much, and I love the rocky reference. But the first one is deeper than a natural affinity: You were born as a (insert element here). The magic is rooted in the soul, which is your energy source. When you run out of energy, your soul is cutting you off. Your body depends on the energy. Now, technically you can set yourself into overdrive, but not only is that extremely hard, but also extremely dangerous.

[LURKER!]

This usually happens around the beginning of the game. It’ll become more people-posting soon.

As for water controlling ice: Water users can move ice, but cannot shape it. Ice is more specialized than water, allowing for more offensive, but water is a bit more flexible in terms of use. As for water vapor, you can condense it, and use the water that comes from it, but an Air uses could stop you and control the actual vapor.

willitblend, fix your gender to male or female.

Everyone else is accepted, although B_S is the only one who’s done the elements right, so you may want to fix that yo make it easier on everybody.

Flag Post

[I didn’t ask you to]

[I just asked you not to talk about it in a pubic-I mean public place]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knoob85687:

[I didn’t ask you to]

[I just asked you not to talk about it in a pubic-I mean public place]

No pubic in public. Thank you for complying.

Flag Post

(Fixed yet again)

Flag Post

(Fixed yet again)

Accepted.

EDIT:

I’m going to get a team together to help me make a full summary of all the cannon content of Darkspell so far… although none of it affects this game much.

EDI2:

You guys need to add your info to the player list on the wiki using the proper format.

Flag Post

Rosate, am I accepted?

Flag Post
Everyone else is accepted, although B_S is the only one who’s done the elements right, so you may want to fix that yo make it easier on everybody.

Love the yo-yo by the way.

Flag Post

You posted that after I finished my sign.

Edit1: and the yo-yo would kinda look like this. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=7I70FbloQ4k

Flag Post

James

“What else but Ros? Just because there was an accident doesn’t mean I won’t name it!”
My whole group starts laughing. We had been talking about what we would name our kids if we had them.
“Daniel, what would you name it?”
“Um… Shit.”
“I think we all know the rules.”
Everyone but myself and Daniel start chanting “Chug, chug, chug!” The bartender puts a mug of his strongest booze on the counter. I levitate it over.
“Thanks J.”
J was the bartender. Now, everyone know me, and everyone knew him, and since we’re both named James, he has people call him J while I’m called James.

This was a drinking game we had. We’d ask some stupid questions, and anyone who didn’t have an answer had to chug the bars strongest.

Daniel gets drunk off his ass every time. He had joined the group about a month ago, after certain events caused someone to leave us.

I watch him drain the mug. He was the last person we needed to ask as well. I start the next question.

“Ok, who’s had to chug tonight? Odd one out needs to chug!”
Everyone starts laughing. We all stop dead when we hear a shattering. Daniel had grabbed a beer bottle from another table and smashed it on the table. He throws his mug at the wall, making an even deeper silence.

“I have had enough of your shit, James!”
The guys back off. They know not to get in my way.
Daniel lunges across the table. I use psychic to push him down into the table. I then grab his bottle and throw it behind me.
“Ah, new guys to the group. Tell me, Daniel, did anybody tell you my track record? Well, thats too bad, because the last three people who tried this shit on me were killed.”
I levitate him over near the shaft to the furnace in the floor.
“Because of that, I think you can be considered legally dead!”
I levitate him into the shaft, head first, and drop him. I catch him a second later with, and levitate him out. He’s crying. I put him on his feet and punch him in the face.

“Don’t ever consider coming back to this bar, or else my power just might not be able to save you next time.”
I push him to the floor, and return to the table.

Flag Post

[James is like that douchebag James Potter]

[Good sir Ros, y u steel Harry Potter]

[Also I was thinking of posting a picture of Tink and saying Blendy was getting aroused but I decided against it]

Flag Post

[I can’t believe this thread evaded me for 12 hours.]

[Lol I love the fact that everyone is racing to get the multi-elements or the Void/Divine elements so they can feel more powerful.]

Name:
Carson Florent

Element:
Aquim (Water)
2nd Element:
Ener (Fire)

Starting Weapon:
On first sight this gun looks like a flintlock musket, but on the side is a steam outlet. The weapon on the inside is a composite steam rifle that is fueled and made much more powerful than Carson’s abilities with magic.

Description:
Carson is desceptively tall, which is made less obvious by the slight slouch in his build that comes with a long career of slumping over machines or a desk. Carson has black hair which is usually seen slick back out of the way, along with his pale complexion the only thing stopping him from looking like some kind of vampire is the fact that he has a less bony thin face and his constant snarl reveals a distinct lack of fangs on the right side.

Clothes:
He wears a long grey duster coat but rather than open, he keeps it mostly buttoned up, mostly concealing a grey shirt and black cords underneath. Out of the front pocket of the duster coat hangs a single silver chain that joins onto a stopwatch. Over his slick back black hair he wears a pair of fairly modern but still quite old fashioned style aviator goggles, modern in that if dropped down to the eyes it has fairly good night vision and a sight. He wears normal black shoes.

Bio:
Carson has been an engineer and training to be one since he was a young child of five, his father was obsessed with the power of steam, upon finding his young son had a quite considerable affinity with the power of Aquim, he hired an Ener tutor to hone in him the powers that combined would give his son control and understanding over the works of his favorite thing in life, steam.

When he started to come of age, the constant exposure to the art of engineering and the affinity of water and heat combined showed a massive improvement in his skills. The young apprentice constantly tinkered on making devices, creating small things made of clockwork, such as pocket watches, and progressing as he grew into a great many devices, most prominently of late is the weapons.

Now Carson owns a business passed down from his father upon death, and he has begun to use the Florent mark on his goods. He is known commonly in the engineering and magic communities as the “Glass Cannon”, a running joke combining the weapons and the goggles he so often makes.