Darkspell: Shattered Legacies page 66

1794 posts

Flag Post

[Ugh…theoretical sciences are not something I could go through with. I mean I already know what a theory is. I don’t want to prove or disprove it though. By being a medical examiner, I get to be in a lab, running autopsies. Some people would be put off by the dead and the fact that they would have to cut them open. I don’t see what the big deal is though. It’s basically like dissecting a frog or baby pig.]

Flag Post

[There’s something about cutting a human open that makes it different, I guess it’s like killing a frog or a pig, and then killing a human, it feels different]

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

[There’s something about cutting a human open that makes it different, I guess it’s like killing a frog or a pig, and then killing a human, it feels different]

[Killing a human would be extinguishing verified sapience for no good reason. The removal of intelligence from the world, I guess. There’s likely to be some other moralistic argument against murder of humans too, but I’m not someone who’s good at delivering or countering ethics-based arguments. On the other hand, we have no proof that slaying a pig or a frog – say, for food, if one wanted to eat a frog – involves the same loss of sapient life as does killing a human (along the same lines, cutting open a dead human doesn’t do anything involving removal of sapience, and can be useful to us).
…moving on, I’m still completely lost regarding current occurrences. I expect people are going to shout at me for not keeping track of what’s happening in the thread… but I digress; let’s try to make sense of the last few pages, and see what’s actually happening here, me.]

[EDIT, roughly 20 minutes later: Right. I’ve read through a fair amount of the thread, and I’m still confused as to what’s actually happening. This is a bad thing for me.]

Flag Post

[Frogs actually taste almost exactly like chickens. In fact, in China they’re colloquially called “field chicken” presumably because of the taste.]

[I disagree with some of BC’s arguments, but let’s not get into that; we’ll just go around in circles. If you want to talk about morality, do so inside the game.]

[BC, if you read my last few posts, you should know that it’s currently about midnight in-game. Vinyl and Jarad are asleep in Jarad’s house. Lucius, Drake, Wolf-Kin, Alden, and Alex are in Jade Forest, presumably finishing up the battle against the hunters’ guild. No idea where Rae is, but presumably he’s in the forest too. James and Optic are presumably still in Optic’s base. Richard is in an inn, presumably sleeping. Rosalyn and Christopher just ran into each other, and are fighting Number 12 and Number 13 somewhere away from the inn. Sting and Damian just met in some sort of cave-church thing, I think; I’m not sure about that either. That’s as much as I can remember right now.]

Flag Post

[…right. So basically, everyone’s running around when they should be sleeping, except for about three people. Gotchaaaa… also, I didn’t know that about frogs. Or maybe I did, and I just completely forgot. How interesting.]

Flag Post

[Well to be fair, Vinyl and Jarad are both used by me, and Vinyl just worked up and put himself back out like a dumbass]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

[With school/work starting I won’t be active at all in this game, I might poke my head in every once in a while though. Ros, BC, or BS, It’s up to you, you can kill me in whatever way you want or you could put me in a coma or whatever and when I can become active (1 month prox.) I could wake up and let that be a chapter, the awakening or whatever. Im fine with either desicion.]

[“Alex is in Jade Forest”.. This made me think that you didn’t see this, but yet again, you might have been saying my location to make everything easier.]

Flag Post

[Richard is getting drunk in his inn room (awake) and Alden is with Lucius in the forest. I would post in character, but I don’t really have the time for that.]

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

Rosalyn is a girl whom I find extremely attractive.

It only becomes even more painfully obvious now it’s the second time that I’ve met her. The fluffy pink nightgown she’s wearing, exposing much of her legs, arms, shoulders, and not an insignificant amount of cleavage, does not help. Presumably she has been sleeping and woken up by Number 12 and 13’s attack; I shudder to think what could’ve happened if she didn’t wake up in time. And I shudder again when I imagine what kind of thoughts the Destroyer would be thinking if he sees Rosalyn’s beautiful face, her delicious curves… No, dammit, this isn’t the time to be thinking about such things. We have two psychopathic killing machines on our hands, who will do just exactly what they’re designed to do unless we do something about them first. But I can’t exactly help it, not when I’m holding her so close… The only comforting aspect of these feelings is that now I know I am more than just an emotionless killing machine; a killing machine has no need for sexual attraction like this.

Now that I’m holding Rosalyn very close to me, I’m noticing a few things. No, not just her cup size, dammit. C-cup, I think, quite perfect for her build… Ahem. Anyways. Her skin is perfectly soft, smooth, and flawless, like porcelain, which means either she’s from a wealthy family and have experienced no physical hardships at all, or she’s been constantly using extensive magical skin care which should still only be affordable if she’s from a wealthy family. This is interesting, as the clothes I’ve last seen in were quite plain, not something I imagine a rich girl would wear. Her physique is slender, but lithe and flexible, like that of a dancer or gymnast. That kind of body is rarely obtained without intensive physical training; it’s even more obvious when I feel her breathing and heartbeat, excited but not agitated, definitely a sign of a trained person. Considering all of this, plus her powerful magic, it feels even more likely that Rosalyn is a member of some rich family, trained to be strong and worthy of her position or lineage. She may very well be someone important. Shit, if this gets me even more wanted attention…

When our eyes meet for a second, I see red. And I feel the Dark magic from her, so the personality currently in control of her body must be Lynn. If I remember correctly, she’s the more aggressive, impulsive one, which may be both a good and a bad thing… I should be careful not to anger her, for a few different reasons.

“Hey, you can put me down now,” Lynn demands. A part of me curses myself for forgetting to put her down earlier, for possibly offending her by making such a mistake. But before I can put Lynn down, I feel Number 12 throwing herself at us, her body of a little girl melting and transforming into a mass of liquid metal blades. Almost instinctively I turn around to put my back between Lynn and the blades, and wrap my arms tightly around her. The blades begin to dig into my psionic armor, but I release a powerful burst of yellow electricity, careful to not let any of it touch Lynn; it blasts Number 12 off of me and paralyzes her. But I don’t expect the effect to continue for any longer than a moment. I telekinetically lift us into the air, away from Numbers 12 and 13.

“Hey, can you fly?” I ask Lynn.

“Damn well I can,” she replies, tone a bit annoyed, but flashes me a fierce smile at the same time. I try not to be stunned, and quickly remember to actually let go of her as she demanded. Pushing herself free of me, Lynn sports a pair of very impressive batlike wings of dark energy, remarkable in both visuals and actual magical power. “So. ‘Number 15’, huh?” She asks, casually, but it’s evident that she’s now suddenly upset about something.

A former killing machine, I am not exactly the smoothest with the opposite sex. “Don’t call me that!” I manage to instinctively blurt out, much more harshly than I intended, cringing at the same time. “It’s… Christopher! Christopher Thunderblade!”

Lynn literally bursts out laughing. “‘Thunderblade’? That… That’s gotta be the cheesiest name I’ve ever heard!” She practically guffaws. “Is… Is that why you didn’t tell me your name earlier? I mean… Haha… ThunderbladeIt’s so bad that it’s… it’s awesome!

“We’re in a life or death situation here!” I hiss. “This is not the time to laugh at my lack of creativity regarding names!” Seriously, “Thunderblade” was the best I could come up with, and it seemed like a good name at the time! I curse my lack of creativity anyways. The Order of Resurgence encourages and teaches creativity, but only in combat; most other fields of knowledge are of little use to their killing machines.

“You… You know what?” Lynn is still laughing almost uncontrollably. “I’d almost marry you just so I can get that name!”

I blink. “Wait, really?” Then a massive spiked ball of stone and ice hits me on the left of my body. Annoyed, I blast it away. “Ow.”

“If we can get those psycho kids off our backs!” She shouts. “What the fuck is their problem anyways?! What’d I ever do to them?!”

Shit, I was hoping that we wouldn’t come to this… I don’t want to think that Rosalyn is targeted because of me! Fuck… I’m not sure what to say. I don’t want to tell her the truth.

“We have no reasons to tell you our motive,” Number 13 says as he levitates himself to my height using ice and earth control. Not even confirming that they want Rosalyn dead; I bet that it’s to trick her into having the slightest hope that things can be resolved in a non-lethal way, and thus making her hold back.

But wait. If they are truly targeting Rosalyn because of her association with me, then surely they’ll tell me about it, gloat even, exploiting our human emotions that they don’t have. It’ll make Rosalyn angry at me, and me feeling guilty, forcing us to fight at suboptimal efficiency. There is no way they’ll waste an opportunity like this. Which only means…

They’re targeting Rosalyn not because of me, but some other reason. What reason, though? I’d try to pry it from their minds, if I don’t already know that mental attacks against them will most likely just waste my effort. Damn. I guess I’ll have to explain to her as much as possible. She’s probably dragged into this as well, but at least I know it’s probably not my fault…

Flag Post

[Fun Fact: I was going to use Octavia as my first character in this game, however I ended up using Vinyl, thinking to make Octavia Vinyl’s adopted daughter. Now I’m going to use Octavia as a way to push the whole “Vinyl is strong fighter that gets into big stuff like Order, and uses a Jester’s mask to hide his pain” thing that’s going to happen once Jarad dies.

Another Fun Fact: Octavia’s second weapon was to be called the Thunder Blade, for obvious reasons I renamed her weapon The Lightning Rod ,damn you Blood Shadow!]

Flag Post

[Been trying to play some of my favorite songs on alto sax lately. Suffice to say that the songs don’t sound hard until you actually try to play them yourself.]

Rosalyn Grayson

Lynn

Lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynnn!

Okay, the guy’s last name is awesomely cheesy and funny, but Rose’s expression when I said that I’d almost marry him was even funnier! If she’s in control of the body now, she’d be so flustered that she’s redder than a tomato! Come on, he’s hot! I say, giggling. You want to marry a hot guy, don’t you?

But but but but but but but…

Isn’t that the reason you healed him that day? I smirk.

No, that’s not…! Not… Not the only reason, okay?!

Hehe, who knew that teasing yourself can be so fun? Especially since I automatically know all of her weaknesses.

…then a giant rocky ice ball slams into Christopher. Well, that sort of ruins the mood. Christopher… Nah, that’s too long. I’ll just call him Chris. Yeah, Chris. Hmph, should’ve told me his name earlier.

Wow… Rose says, as I look at Chris blasting the spiked ball away. He… He just shrugged that off. He has to be strong. Like, really strong.

Hmph, at least he won’t die on us like a wimp. “What the fuck is their problem anyways?!” I shout at Chris, indicating those two psycho kids. “What’d I ever do to them?!”

“We have no reasons to tell you our motive,” the boy says in that same creepy monotone.

Oh, for… Life’s never gonna be that easy, huh?! So they do have a reason for attacking us, but they won’t tell. Okay, now I’m getting seriously pissed here. Fine. If they won’t tell me, I’m gonna pry it from their minds. I thrust my thoughts toward the boy…

…ow! It feels like I’ve just bashed my head against a stone wall! Holy shit… This guy’s mental defense is crazily strong. Without Psychic magic, even. And…

There’s something… wrong with their minds, Rose says, shivering a little after the mental contact.

Tell me something I don’t know! I growl, and send my mind at the girl instead. Ouch, same result. Goddammit!

I see you’re enjoying the Psychic magic I’ve taught you, I suddenly feel Chris’s mind touching mine. His mind feels… I dunno how to explain it.

There’s… something going on with his mind too, Rose whispers to me. Instead of the fearful shivering at those kids’ minds, she now feels concern, worry, and sympathy. He’s… troubled, to say the least…

Well, now’s not the time to be troubled, I say to her, then turn to Chris. Mind telling me what the hell’s going on? You seem to know those kids. Rose says they’re basically batshit insane.

That’s… one way of saying it, Chris says. I don’t exactly have a lot of time to explain now. But in short, they’re basically assassins. Someone must’ve send them after you.

Assassins?! Who the hell would send two assassins after me?! Alex? If that little piece of shit sent fucking assassins after me, I’m going to kill him slowly. Very slowly.

But… Aren’t they… children? Rose asks Chris with telepathy. She’s still shy about this, twitching a little when her mind touches Chris’s.

You know those two assassins? I add in. They after you too or something?

Uh, about that… Chris sounds hesitant and… afraid, as Rose notes. Remember the last time we met?

Yeah, I reply. Why’d you leave without a word, you jerk?! I’m getting pissed at him again. What kind of teacher or patient are you?!

Chris’s thoughts become almost pained. Okay, in a nutshell… I used to be one of them; they have an organization. Then I left. They got pissed, which is why those two are after me; there’ll be more if I take them down. I’m running from them; I didn’t tell you when I left because I didn’t want to get innocent people involved. Sorry about that.

But someone sent them after me anyways? I say incredulously at this coincidence. Can’t exactly avoid getting involved now, can I. But you should’ve told me something before you left! I fume a little. I could’ve helped you, you know!

You could’ve tried to help, he replies in a bitter tone.

Back when we first met – or wait, was it the second time we’ve met – Rose offered to heal him, saying she can help. And he responded with almost exactly the same thing as he just said, with exactly the same bitter tone. It instantly pissed me off back then, and it’s still instantly pissing me off right now. Can’t you show a little goddamned gratitude?! I snap. And it’s offensive that you underestimate me so much!

Just as I finish my sentence, the boy sends a large glowing blue icicle at me. Having no time to dodge, I respond with a bolt of force infused with dark magic, blasting the icicle into tiny ice shards. But just as the icy spike explodes, it releases a huge burst of cold energy, splashing everywhere and freezing everything it touches. Luckily the aura of corrosive dark energy around me destroys most of the icy blue energy before it can freeze me solid, but the coldness that manages to seep through makes me feel chilled to the bone. “Fuck!” I swear, teeth clattering a bit.

No offense, but you underestimate them, Chris says, again sounding bitter. At first it only makes me angrier, but Rose stops me.

I… I don’t think he’s kidding, Rose says. He’s… afraid. Um… I think he doesn’t want to involve us because he, um… doesn’t want us to get hurt.

Listen to her, Chris growls. Remember, I’ve dealt with those people before. My experience is a little more valuable than your opinions, don’t you think?

Fine! I growl back. Geez, I’m not about to argue with myself as well as a near stranger, though a handsome one.

The boy begins to conjure up four giant golems of stone and ice, each one just as freakishly spiked as his armor. And they’re all floating. Dammit, it just doesn’t feel right! Something that big shouldn’t be able to fly! They… They have to have a lot of magical power to lift themselves that easily… Rose says. Geez, how comforting.

At the same time, the little girl throws herself at me again, making a huge number of blades from her hair and limbs. I shoot a large blast of dark energy at her, intending to give her all sorts of nasty plagues and curses, and the magic does sink into her as intended, but… as it hits, countless tiny droplets of water ooze out of her, blackened water carrying off my harmful dark energy. I didn’t spot it right away, but Rose points out that the girl is also absorbing water from the atmosphere presumably to replenish herself. Dammit, she’s literally washing away my magic from herself; shooting at her would be like pouring ink into the ocean! Her blades are continuing to reach at me with an alarming speed, my aura dissolving parts of them but not stopping them completely. Crying out, Chris conjures a glowy yellow sword to cut off the blades from the girl, but their momentum still carry the blades toward me. Shit…!

Everything seems to slow down for an instant. Lynn! Switch! Rose calls out desperately.

Rose

Everything is a blur as I frantically try to conjure my strongest telekinetic force barrier and infuse it with my strongest Integrity Charm. One hear-pounding moment later, I let out a huge breath as I see that the blades are stopped, and plummet toward the ground; it seems that they lose their extreme waterjet-like pressure if disconnected from the girl herself… The girl grimaces in pain as electricity from Christopher’s sword arcs to her, causing her to rapidly withdraw.

I look at Christopher, and instantly blush. He… He just looks so cool, wreathed in golden energy like that… And that elegant longsword… He’s like a knight in shining armor, except more glowy. Knight in glowing armor? Yeah, about right… I shake my head. No, now is not the time to act like a teenaged girl!

Hey, you all right? Christopher looks very relieved that I’m okay. Is he… worrying about me? It makes me blush even harder.

Um, y-yeah, I stammer out. Oh, no… How did I manage to talk to him last time? That time… He just looked so hurt, in so much pain, that I had to go and try to help him… But now, he’s giving off a different vibe that makes me all nervous and flustered… I look at my wings of white light. They’re glowing very brightly, making me an extremely obvious target at nighttime like this. But Christopher is glowing too, so I guess it can’t be helped…? At least I hope I can draw some attention away from him and…

Before we have a chance to do anything else, the golems the boy just created all charge at us at the same time. I let out a squeak, but Christopher is already moving fluidly to counterattack one of the golems. I must look very awkward and pathetic next to him… But I have to try to help him in any way I can, maybe healing him again…

Flag Post

[i have been thinking of what to do in drakes/wolf-kins move but out of all the possibilitys i have thought of the best leaves both drake and wolf-kin with too many injuries to do anything else. does anyone have any ideas?]

[These are the ideas i have had already.]

[i thought i could try to use my scythe to get dalet away from his brother but the scythe would be too far from drake and would have disappeared by now.]

[next one i thought what if they try to get out of the way but assuming the attack is going to be hard to avoid only wolf-kin could escape the blast by going underground which would leave drake dead.]

[the idea that is so far the best is that wolf-kin runs over to drake and creates a defensive earth dome around them and drake creates a sene barrier to help protect them but the assumed strength of their attack can’t be blocked by these defensive abilitys leading to the best case scenario being that the attack causes wolf-kins barrier to brake up and have rocks fall at faster then normal speed at us causing injuries.]

[Does anyone have any other ideas that could play out better?]

Flag Post

Jarad
I wake up with my stomach rumbling, I walk into the kitchen and grab some of the left-overs from last night. After I finish the burger I check on Vinyl and Chrisopher. Chris left and Vinyl is in the closet, why does he never sleep in the guest room, or at least tell our guests there’s a guest room? I think for a while and take Vinyl’s phone out of his pocket, weird he usually sleeps lightly, an ant can’t enter his room without him waking up. So a dial a number and wait for the other person to pick up. “Yeah, I know what time it is, come over to my house real quick… I’ll tell you why later… Yes, Vinyl is here…. Yes… Just bring whatever you think you need, money, cellphone, you know… Okay see you in about half a hour.”

[]

Flag Post

[Well, here’s the thing, Arken. I had Selwyn and Dalet kill themselves as part of a spell. I plan on having the melded wind and poison magic come back down to bring them back to life with a catch: When Selwyn takes a hit, Dalet feels it. When Dalet takes a hit, Selwyn feels it. That’s kind of my thing with twins. It applies with wounds as well. If Selwyn takes a slash, the marks appear on Dalet’s body instead and vice-versa. To add to it, their strength and defense will increase, Selwyn’s hands will be replaced by the two daggers in the sky and Dalet’s hands will become double-bladed axes. Sound like good idea, B_S? Arken? They are still capable of dying. Kill one and the other goes with him.]

Flag Post

[ok then]
Wolf-Kin
I see the opponents up in the sky doing something, fearing an attack i run over to drake and create an earth dome around us both. as it is dark inside the dome i create green luminescent stones coming out from the inside of the dome to make it possible to see.

Drake
As dalet and selwyn go up into the sky, wolf-kin runs up to me and creates an earth dome around us with parts of them having a green glow to them. the height that dalet is at is now too far away from me and so my scythe that was in him when he went up is automatically destroyed. i use sene to create a barrier around the outside of the earth dome to make it harder to be destroyed.

Flag Post

Lucius

Selwyn and Dalet finally descend after a green ring of wind magic and a purple ring of poison magic emanate from them. They descend to the ground completely mutilated and wait for the dome to disappear. Dalet’s eyes are gone and his hands are replaced with double bladed axes. He steps back and raises his new hands up, lets out a fierce roar and plants his hands into the ground as if he were splitting someone’s skull open. He pulls them out and readies himself. Selwyn’s hands are replaced by his daggers protruding out from the muscle and bone. He has a strap over his mouth, covering the teeth but not the lips. He performs a jumping spin kick, lands and then lets out a left jab followed up with a right ground strike before putting his left side to the back, raising his left blade above his shoulders, elbow bent while his right blade is at chest level, elbow bent with the body leaning in. They are ready to fight serious.

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

Muttering a curse, I bring my blade up to intercept one of the golems’ huge spiked fist. The blade digs in, but stops after only a few centimeters; Number 13’s semi-crystalline lattice of magically enhanced stone and ice is really quite hard. Yellow electricity streams out of my blade and courses into the golem’s arm, destabilizing some of the magic that reinforces the golem’s toughness, allowing me to gouge out a chunk but only a chunk of its arm. I quickly jump out of the way as its other fist comes at me from another direction.

When I move toward Rosalyn, I take this opportunity to examine her fighting style more thoroughly. Rose has to be in control now, judging from her wings and aura that suddenly turned from Dark to Light. She seems slightly panicked, hinting that though she must’ve been highly trained, she has little experience in actual combat; that sounds about right for a member of some rich, prestigious family. Nevertheless, she responds reasonably well, bringing her wings close to herself to block a golem’s punch.

Hey, um… Her mind touches mine. We should, you know… work together and…

Our eyes meet for a moment. Her irises are a beautiful, clear shade of soft blue. Despite the fear and uncertainty, I can see intelligence and kindness gleaming gently in those eyes. And when I looked into Lynn’s alluring dark red eyes, I could see strength, determination, and a true sense of justice rarely found in any human being. Knowing that Rose and Lynn are but aspects of the same person…

If they’re to merge into one complete whole, Rosalyn would be a remarkable woman indeed.

I shake out of my reverie after an instant. Good idea, I say, glad that fear hasn’t blinded her capabilities of rational analysis and judgment. You’re a Light mage. Can you strengthen my magic in some way?

Um, yes, she says. One of her wings reaches out to bathe me in a shower of intense white light, a light that reveals everything in perfect clarity rather than blinds. I instantly feel the magic sinking into me, an invigorating power that makes everything I do more potent; my psionic armor and sword turn from merely gold to a brilliant golden white. Raising my hand, I unleash a volley of electrified force shards in a shotgun-like burst, the shards too glowing golden white and leaving bright streaking trails as they soar through the air. They blast into and through one of the golems, releasing bursts of electricity and light that totally disrupt the magic animating the golem and causing it to crumble to countless fragments that fall to the ground.

Very nice, I say. The final golem, the one that hasn’t done anything yet, breathes a beam of freezing energy at me. With a wave of my hand I conjure a telekinetic force barrier, normally translucent and colorless, but it comes out white and infused with Light magic like the ones Rose conjured earlier. It stops the cold beam easily. Even nicer.

T-Thanks, she stammers, blushing once again. I force myself to stop thinking about how cute she looks like that. Dammit, one of the reasons I especially don’t want to drag her into this is because of how beautiful she is. But she’s involved now anyways, and… No, am I glad that she’s involved?! I shake my head, a little disgusted at myself. I will do everything in my power to make sure no harm befalls her. It’s not like I can do anything more, be anything more with her; she is a person, but I am a machine that knows only how to fight and kill…

Number 12 is recovering from her paralysis, and that doesn’t escape her notice or mine. But this time Number 12 does not attack immediately, instead staying behind with some caution. Um, she can wash away harmful magic with Water magic, right? Rose asks. So, um, what if I used a very concentrated attack so she can’t wash it right away? Or… an attack that impedes her ability to wash it away in the first place?

Yeah, the latter is what I’d do, I say, sending her a mental image of Number 12 not able to mitigate the paralyzing effect of electricity from my sword. I’m impressed that Rose is able to figure it out so quickly. If she and Lynn merge into a complete person… She’ll be a formidable woman.

And her blades… They’re pressurized cutters, like waterjets? If you cut the blades off of her body, they lose power… But the blades she shot at me didn’t behave like that. I could barely stop them…

Her projectile attacks have their own power, I explain.

Just at that time, the three remaining golems begin to shoot a large number of ice and stone spikes at us, from many different directions at once so they’re practically impossible to dodge. Mixed among them are Number 12’s pressurized liquid metal blades. For an instant I’m filled with panic; Rose said she could barely stop those projectiles! Without thinking I pull her into my arms, hold her tightly, and attempt to, for the first time in my life, extend my psionic armor to protect a second person. Enhanced by her Light magic, the golden yellow of my armor rapidly extends outwards, dyeing her wings the same shade of golden white. They close around us, and become a tight sphere of the same material as my Light-enhanced psionic armor, perfectly blocking all the spikes and blades launched at us.

When the sphere dissipates, I take a look at Numbers 12 and 13. And I curse. There’s a reason they’re put in a team… Shit. Looks like they’re fighting serious now.

Flag Post

Octavia
I knock on the door of Jarad’s house, he’s an old friend, he opens the door and let’s me in. “Okay, where is he?” I ask, a little grumpy, who the hell calls someone at midnight?

Jarard
“He’s in the closet,” Octavia snickers, “literary, I will never know why he likes sleeping in there so much.” I open the closet door and Vinyl is there, slumped against the wall.

Octavia
“Vinyl, wake up, wake up!” I shout into his ear before kicking him a little. “Five bucks says he woke up earlier, hit something hard, and went back out.” After Jarad asks how, I point at a small bump on his head. I take out The Lightning Rod a poke him with it. Lightning magic travels through it giving Vinyl a shock.

Vinyl
“Ahh, mother fuc-” I get out before I hit my head on something. Wait was that… Aww shit.

Jarad
“I think we should’ve brang him out of the closet first.” I say pulling him out.

Octavia
“I know, I know, at least I get to shock him again.” I poke him with my sword again.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Grayson

Rose

I squeak a little when Christopher suddenly hugs me, pulling me tight against him; my heart pounds furiously and almost jumps up to my throat. Then I feel his powerful magic envelop me, infuse me, and suddenly remember the mass of spikes heading toward us at the very moment. My wings feel solid, impenetrable, as I wrap them around Christopher and I, turning it into an infallible protective sphere. And I feel the impact of the spikes, but luckily none of them penetrate… It’s over after a moment, and I let the sphere retract.

I take a look at our enemies. And stare. The little girl… She’s turned herself completely into liquid metal, and is coating the boy like armor; slivers and shards of ice and stone are threaded into the glossy flowing silver. All the remaining golems around us just collapse without doing anything, and I can feel that the magic in them is being rerouted back to the boy himself. In a moment the boy and little girl seem to have completely fused, resembling a silver metallic golem decorated with stone and ice spikes. W-What… I ask Christopher, trembling slightly.

That’s the reason they’re partners in the organization, Christopher says gravely. They’re linked now, and fight as a single unit. Watch out.

Um… I murmur quietly, psychic voice almost a whisper. Can we…

He must have sensed my surface thoughts and doubts. I… I don’t think so, Christopher says, with such agony and reluctance that it makes my heart twist in pain and sympathy. It’s… kill or be killed, Rosalyn. T-Trust me… They may look like kids, but they’re cold-blooded murderers… We have no choice.

My heart feels as though it’s been squeezed and torn in half. Does killing murderers make it right…? And to make it worse, we have to kill some people that look like children… I suddenly remember my dream earlier tonight, the one about when Christopher and I seemed to have met when I was six; he said that he killed that bear simply because it threatened him… Does he even remember…?

Hey, hey! No time to be spacing out now! Lynn gives me a yell and a mental poke. Sharp and pointy objects incoming!

I snap out of my reverie and look up, to see the apparent fusion of the boy and little girl sprouting not blades, but saw blades and drills, each one lined with something that looks like glittering crystal lattices of ice and diamond. I’ll almost bet that those drills and saws never overheat due to the Ice magic, and the coldness only makes the crystals harder… With a wave of its limbs the golem shoots a multitude of saws and drills at me. I turn one of my wings into a barrier of light and force, but the attacks quickly bore through; seems like they have the pressure of waterjet cutters too… Panicking again, I unleash a burst of white energy used to disrupt and dispel enemy attacks, then use all my concentration to make an extra dense barrier strengthened by a large amount of Light magic. It cracks slightly, but manages to stop the drills and saws mere centimeters away from my face.

Try to make your shields regenerative, Christopher says.

I curse myself for not thinking of it earlier. Christopher’s armor probably works like that, regenerating from damage as well as being super tough… My family would be disappointed at my lack of-

Hey, can you give me another shot of that Light buffing thing? He interrupts my thoughts.

Um, sure. I hit him with another burst of invigorating white light, which he absorbs. His whole body is surrounded by golden white energy, making him look more like an angel from heaven than any member of my family… As he gets ready to attack, his whole posture perfect and hinting at years of combat experience, I can’t help but to feel very woefully inadequate next to him… But at least I can make him stronger, and I’ll do that if nothing else.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I receive a zap and spring up, I flinch, expecting something to hit my head. When nothing puts me out cold again, I look around.

Octavia
“Hello July.” I say helping him up.

Vinyl
“It’s Vinyl, we only used that name when we still… there, come on Octavia, please tell me you stopped using those name.” I say making my hands into fists.

Octavia
“It’s June, remember?” I said putting my tongue out, taunting him. I throw a quick punch to his face.

Vinyl
I evade to my right, dodging the punch and backing up, Octavia starts following me slowly. “One last fight to see who takes May?” I say, backing out of the house, I do not want to destroy and of Jarad’s property.

Octavia
“Yup, hey if you beat me, I’ll let you call me Octavia again.” I say giving a high kick to him.

Vinyl
I put my arms up to block round house kick her in the face.

Octavia
I get knocked down to the ground but get up and recover quickly. “You and yur damned round house!” I say before taking out The Cello’s Bow, using it with The Lightning Rod. “Now let’s do this.”

Vinyl
I take out my katana. “Let’s.” I charge Octavia, one sword vs two. She attempts a cross swipe across my chest, but I block with my sword and counter, I thrust my sword towards her but she dashes backwards.

Octavia
After dashing backwards, I charge The Lightning Rod with electricity and point it at Vinyl.

Vinyl
Seeing what Octavia is about to do, I get my sword and tilt her sword with my own upwards, pointing it at the sky. Lightning shoots upwards and lights up the sky for a split second. She swipes at me with The Cello’s Bow but I let go of my sword and dash backwards. I take out my yo-yo and smile as it a red flame surrounds it.

_ Nigel_
Now Octavia, remember that the yo-yo has explosive properties, he almost beat you last fight by knock both of your swords out of your hands.

Octavia
I know, I know Nigel. I see a fireball come my way and I instinctively put my Cello’s Bow up and it absorbs the fire magic. Weird, he knows about my sword. I point my sword at him and get ready to throw a fireball at him. However his yo-yo swipes down, hitting my sword, the explosion is too much and it drops down to the ground.

Nigel
I warned you. I say happily.

Octavia
Shut up Nigel.

Vinyl
“That was easy.” I say as I start rolling my yo-yo up and down. We wait a while and I swing my yo-yo at her and she rolls to the side dodging it. I roll my yo-yo into my hand and charge her.

Octavia
Wait- wha? Oh god he’s charging me! I put my sword up and our weapons clash. The explosion knocks our weapons out of our hands. They land quite the ways from us. We have eye contact for a couple seconds. He looks at The Cello’s sword, I look at his katana.

Vinyl
I lunge for her sword as she lunges for mines. I grab her sword that spit lightning at me and spin around. My sword sword stops right before it thrusted into her neck, her sword stops before it gets thrust into my neck.

Octavia
“Hehe, draw, you can call me Miss June for now on.” I say as I smile. He didn’t put his sword down, so I didn’t either. Why hasn’t he- “Fuck.”

Vinyl
The sword in my hand fires a ball of fire, she would be dead if it wasn’t for the fact I aimed the sword away from her before shooting. “I win, Octavia.”

Octavia
“Damnit, Vinyl.” I say as i return his sword to him, he gives me the Cello’s Bow and Jarad throws me The Lightning Rod. A blue magical string appears between Vinyl’s finger and the yo-yo, and it returns to him. “Good fight, mister May.” I say, sighing after my defeat.

Vinyl
“Drop that Octavia, we’re way beyond that stuff now.” I say, trying to forget bad memories.
[]

Flag Post

[School just started for me. Don’t worry, I can still come to FGF and co-host this game and everything, but I probably won’t be able to post as frequently compared to before. I don’t have time to write anything today; sorry for halting the story like this.]

Flag Post

[Story was quite slow in the first place, no worries!]

Flag Post

[The hell you be at, arken? Selwyn and Dalet are waiting for you.]

Flag Post

[sorry about the delay, i got my xbox 360 fixed finally so i have been on my xbox.]
Wolf-Kin
After some time had passed and nothing had hit the barrier wolf-kin uses earth magic to move his head out of the barrier to see if the balls of light in the sky are still there or not. when wolf-kin noticed that the brothers where no longer in the sky he removed the barrier to allow drake to get out. he then created 2 earth golems in the shape of wolves and had them charge at Selwyn. while the 2 wolves charge at him he jumps up aided by wind magic in order to land behind selwyn.

Drake
when the earth barrier disappears i see dalet and selwyn standing there but looking different, as wolf-kin charges selwyn i decide to re-conjure my scythe and throw it at dalet again. while the scythe is heading to dalet i run behind the original earth wall that wolf-kin made.

Flag Post

Lucius

Selwyn, not having a voice, manages to laugh and upon the wolves’ arrival to his very being, he steps forward with his right foot, planting his new right arm into the skull of the left wolf. He then turns slightly right to continue to the second. He steps forward with his left and brings his left arm from his side up and bending back, bringing a quick upward slash on the second wolf. He turns to his rear, knowing it was a diversion and has this Bring it on gesture going.

Dalet, understanding Drake’s tricks, feels the change in the winds from the thrown scythe since he can’t see. He brings his axes down on the scythe with a mighty roar and sniffs the air afterwards for his target.