Darkspell: Shattered Legacies page 70

1794 posts

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

A quick mental scan shows that there is now another presence in Vinyl’s house, other than Jarad and himself, though this presence doesn’t seem hostile. But I still curse under my breath.

I stand outside, and reach out to touch Vinyl’s and Jarad’s minds, but not the newcomer’s. Hey, it’s me, I say. Did you get another person involved without talking to me first? I ask them with a slightly accusatory tone.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Uh…” I say, I say in a uncertain tone, “Yes?”

Octavia
“Hello!” I say with a optimistic tone, waving my hand to the person I bet is Chrisopher Thunderblade.

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

Hm, another psychic. And a girl. And one wracked with a great number of split personalities, from the feeling her mind gives off. Unless you want me to break it down, you might wanna open the door, I say drily, this time not bothering to hide the telepathic communication to the newcomer. And yes, the obvious issue at hand. Why did you get another person involved without talking to me first?

Flag Post

Haha Thinderblade? What the hell? Five bucks says he made that name himself, another five bucks says his real name sucks.

[motherfucker]
[DUOBLE MOTHER FUCKER!]

Flag Post

Vinyl
It’s not like you gave me a phone number or anything I think while opening the door.

Nigel
’Octavia I suggest that you listen into that conversation, this Christopher Thunderblade character has something off about him.

Octavia
‘Agreed.’ Wow, this guy isn’t to nice is he?

Joker
‘Haha Thinderblade? What the hell? Five bucks says he made that name himself, another five bucks says his real name sucks’

Lance
’You’re on’

Octavia
‘You guys don’t even have money…’

Joker
’That’s what you think.’

Octavia
‘You know what? Forget it’

Dtizy
‘Ooohh, maybe he can shoot thunder… out of his blade!’

Joker
‘That sounds so wrong’

Blood
’You’re mind is so disgusting’

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

Entering Vinyl’s house again, I look at the girl. She would probably be fairly attractive, if not for her extremely pale complexion. It somewhat reminds me of Number 4’s deathly pallor, which… isn’t a pleasant thought.

“Phones are too easily traceable,” I say to Vinyl. And it’s not like I ever needed one before. The Order of Resurgence manufactures its own communication devices, which suffice in all situations that matter to them, and are less of a liability and potential security weakness than conventional cellphones. I destroyed mine when I left them, though it probably wasn’t absolutely necessary, as the Order is confident enough in its mental conditioning that it does not waste effort placing any sort of surveillance on its own agents. But still, paranoia is not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to an enemy as dangerous as this.

I look at the girl. “Seems like you already know my name.” I briefly consider shaking her hand, but decide against it. If she offers a handshake herself, I’ll take it, but I don’t think I should actively seek to befriend anyone; those hands of mine are stained with too much blood… “Who is she, Vinyl?” I turn to him. “You believe that she is trustworthy and can take care of herself in a fight, I assume.”

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Her name is-”

Octavia
“My name is Octavia.” I say, interrupting Vinyl.

Vinyl
“She’s an old friend, the day she back stabs me, is the day ice burns. As for fighting, I can say I wouldn’t want to fight her in a no holds bar fight, there is also very little people left,” opps. "I mean, there is very little people in the world that’d I’d rather have fighting next to me than her.

Flag Post

Christopher Thunderblade

“You sure about that? ‘Cuz I’ve seen ice burn at least a couple of times…” I look at Octavia, and call up again the bundle of information concerning the Order of Resurgence and everything. Being a psychic, she shouldn’t have any problems accepting a packet like that. “Here’s a briefing of who wants to kill us, and why. Now please, next time you want to drag someone into this mess, tell me about it first! I’d rather not have too many innocents die because of me, okay?!” I suddenly realize that I’m almost shouting, and quickly lower my voice. “All right. I’ve got some good news. First, long story short, I ran into another one of the Numbers just now, and managed to kill him. Second, we might be able to get help from the Order of Paladins, which means we might actually have a chance of living through this. But, well…” I sigh. “I’m tired. I think we can spare at least one night of acceptably good sleep?”

“Ugh… No… AAAARGH…” The owner of Barbara’s Barber Shop whimpers, her eyes wide, blank, unseeing. Months, years, decades, she isn’t sure, but she has lost the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality some long time ago. The insidious witch is inside her head, assailing her mind with a myriad of agonizing sensations, while secretly replacing Barbara’s thoughts and instincts with her own. She is slowly but surely losing the ability to resist, like a pebble being eroded away by the inexorable tide, and for a while now it has been hard to remember why she is even trying to resist. The world is not real. Everything she has experienced since the moment of her birth is all just a horrible, horrible dream. She should just let it all go, and…

The astral projection of Number 1 smiles as her victim’s mind finally gives way. Barbara’s muscles slacken, as she ceases to whimper or struggle entirely; her eyes become even duller and more lifeless than before. Streams of information and psychic energy begin to course from her mind to the barber’s. Moments later, the barber’s eyes quickly snap into sharp focus once more, but they are now almost as inhumanly dispassionate as Number 1’s own.

Do you understand everything that you are required to do? Number 1 asks.

Yes, Barbara answers. I will begin the analysis as soon as possible.

Good, Number 1 says, satisfied. Do not disappoint us. Then her astral projection is gone, as though never there to begin with.

Barbara blinks, eyes returning to her previous human state; but that is a mere facade. Standing up, she begins to walk toward the bag containing the yet-undisposed hair of her customer today, a simple genetic analyzing apparatus already forming out of her Plant and Water magic.

[So should we just timeskip to the next morning? Not much can be done at past midnight.]

Flag Post

[Why not?]
Vinyl
“Why not?” I rub the back of my head, it still hurts a little. I walk calmly into the closet and fall asleep.

Octavia
“Why doesn’t he ever use the guest bed…” I say as I go to the guest room and crawl into the bed. I look at the roof and say to myself, “Actually if I remember correctly, he doesn’t have a bed in his own house…”

Jarad
I shrug as I go back into my room and fall asleep.

Flag Post

Lucius

That drugged out man overheated last night. He collapsed so I had to get some help. A medical team came and took him away. Naturally, they will find traces of the drug in his system so I’m sure he will be confined to a cell after he’s fully recovered. Naturally, I needed a place to sleep but with no money on me, I felt out of luck. At least running errands for an innkeeper got me a place to stay for the night. As I’m about to fall asleep, a spirit of the forest nudges me. As I look over, I get startled at the sight of three skulls on a staff, adorned with black and red feathers.

…Good lord, Hanna. Don’t scare me like that…

Soulkeeper Hanna is the only spirit whose job is to take the souls of those who have died in Jade Forest to a better place. She is sort of like this story’s Ferryman of the Sanzu or St. Peter.

Hanna: My apologies, guardian. I’m just here to let you know that the spirits have gotten the gifts ready for Lynn, Rose, Alden and Drake. We just need to finish cleaning up the forest of all these corpses. The bears and wolves won’t be going hungry anytime soon because the bodies are being brought to the various dens and caves for all sorts of carrion feeders to dine on. Shall I send out a message beacon to Rose and Lynn?

…Yes but not right away. We should be able to celebrate our victory with a good dinner. after the forest is cleaned and the necessary tools for cooking are ready, then you may send the invitation. We do owe it to those two, for saving my life when I was on the brink of death…

Hanna nods her head and crosses her arms.

Hanna: Very well then. The forest is almost done though so it won’t be long.

As she vanishes into black smoke, I crawl back into bed and fall asleep, not putting thought into waking up.

Flag Post

[Things have kind of slowed down to a halt. Rosate has been seriously neglecting this game, and I’ve just started an RP of my own so I’ll have relatively less time for this. What do you guys say we put this on hiatus until Rosate comes back?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[Things have kind of slowed down to a halt. Rosate has been seriously neglecting this game, and I’ve just started an RP of my own so I’ll have relatively less time for this. What do you guys say we put this on hiatus until Rosate comes back?]

[Sounds good to me.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

[Sounds good to me.]

Flag Post

[Sounds good to me.]

[Agreed. In any case, due to there being no suitable cues, my character’s been pretty much absent for a long while now. I assume it’s still dark at this point?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

[Sounds good to me.]

[I don’t have too much time for lengthy devotion anyways. And if we continue, eventually we’ll get to a point where plot holes appear due to the absence of his characters and factions.]

Flag Post

[I would also like to make it so that if Rosate doesn’t come back, the events of this game are made non-canon in the Darkspell universe. I’ve made some elaborate plans regarding my characters, and I’d rather see those plans not carried out at all, than half carried out and ruined midway.]

Flag Post

[Well then… I seriously neglected and forgot about this game, and I’ve been meaning to come back for a long time. But I’ve been stuck.]

[I’m stuck on what to do in the plot, and I’m stuck in real life with a ton of new responsibilities. I’m also stuck with my weekend absences, with no chance now to post during those.]

[So, again, I’m stuck. The first one is a real problem, the second and third I can deal with.]

[For the second, I’ve decided to make this my third homepage, so every time my internet starts, I can instantly check and post.]

[As for the third, if the pace goes to what is has before, I’ll need someone to help brief me so I can still post and read the detail without rushing.]

[As for the first… you guys need to help me. Where do you want the plot to go in general? Is there anything you guys would like to do or see? Any antagonist or anything that you have ideas for? By all means, B_S’s plot isn’t the only one, and I don’t plan to make it the majority of the main one. If we all want to converge into that at one point, that’s fine. Or, people could be battling 3, even 5, 7, 9, 10, ect depending on how many people we see with different interests in who they fight. I’m basically really understaffed and stuck, and it’s high time I truely made this game about YOU! As we need to wrap up, we’ll converge into a main plot, but we can have as many main plotlines as we have people to support them (At least 2 people for major plotline.) So, really, nobody HAS to be involved with B_S’s (And my own, I have a few plans for some divergence) plots, except for the occasional rare encounter, and some possible merges.]

[And since I’m sure you all have some secret things you want to go on, all plot suggestions should be kept to PM’s. They go to my Gmail (Homepage 1) so I’ll instantly see them, and especially good one’s I’ll help refine and such, while smaller ones I’ll only respond if it’s deffinately not going to happen or there’s a major flaw or plot conflict.]

[So, that’s one way you can help. The other way? Spread the word that Darkspell is back, and we’re recruiting, and always recruiting! I’ll also need some staff to keep me organized, so I may open positions to keep track of the Wiki and such.]

[And, finally, I’m really, really sorry about my hiatus. I hate doing this, and I’m glad to finally have made the decisions on how to improve the situation so I can return.]

Flag Post

[Hmm… First, we should get a list of who still wants to be involved in this game. Second, us hosts and co-hosts should get a private chatroom that we can use to discuss the plot. As for the plot itself, I have little to say at the moment, as my plotlines have already been established.]

Flag Post

[Srsly, Rosate, SRSLY?]

Flag Post

(Looks like it’s time to come up with ideas. Our burnt out players will need to brainstorm. A collection of minds, preferably with vivid imaginations or at least a form of autism will be necessary. After all, mods shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help from the players.)

+10 Morale

Flag Post

[bluh bluh, huge motivational speech]

[Seriously, though, Ros, B_S and I have a whole crap-ton of questions for you regarding the setting.]

Flag Post

(Why do I get the feeling BC is mocking me because I’m trying to be positive?)

Flag Post

B_S, if you want to set up a chatroom and stuff, give me a link. Also, we may want a Darkspell Chat for the general public.

As for a list, if you’re still interested, PM me, and I’m getting the word of my return out.

As for the plot, remember, also PM me with ideas, and the mods and I will sort them out.

Flag Post

[I’m sorry, but did anyone does go, "Rosate, you better have a great-ass explanation for your absence. Also, I think we should restart the whole thing, just an idea]

Flag Post

(Restart? Why not make a part 2 of this?)