Darkspell: Shattered Legacies page 72

1794 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knoob85687:
Originally posted by Rosate:
I know I have some problems. But never compare me to Dev, you mo-

Not even going to go there, just don’t compare me to Dev. Ever.

[:/]

[You do realise you’re not quite there, yet, right?]

So, that’s why I don’t plan plots. When we figure out the timeframe, you guys can feel free to plan and collaborate on some plots. The only reason you guys should rely on me early game is to make sure nothing goes wrong. As everybody gets settled in and the plots come together, then I’ll need to intervene with the plot more often, but it’s an equal spread, and it all starts with you guys.

[I don’t mean RAILROAD the game. I mean decide what the Hell your major organisations are doing. Their short, mid and long term goals, how they’re going to accomplish them, etc. Sivis Sasis randomly popping in to kill people is entertaining the first time or so, but it eventually becomes dry.]

Set up a darkspell chat at: http://us7.chatzy.com/74696125742163
Password is darkspell (case sensitive)

[Can’t use Chatzy.]

What I’ll probably do is introduce a few factions, and my own plotline will only focus on one or 2. The rest will be mainly passive, and people can include them in their plotlines or get new factions approved.

Hell, I might even give some people control of certain factions, and they can plan their goals and such to fit some plotlines, if they’re responsible to follow the factions temperament and general idea. I’ll just have these reported to me through like google docs or something, and then that can be freely updated by the FM’s.

[And what about making a group to discuss Darkspell history and general background, or at least laying it out in a document?]

That can also be done, if you so wish.

Flag Post
I know I have some problems. But never compare me to Dev, you mo-

Not even going to go there, just don’t compare me to Dev. Ever.

[:/]

[You do realise you’re not quite there, yet, right?]

So, that’s why I don’t plan plots. When we figure out the timeframe, you guys can feel free to plan and collaborate on some plots. The only reason you guys should rely on me early game is to make sure nothing goes wrong. As everybody gets settled in and the plots come together, then I’ll need to intervene with the plot more often, but it’s an equal spread, and it all starts with you guys.

[I don’t mean RAILROAD the game. I mean decide what the Hell your major organisations are doing. Their short, mid and long term goals, how they’re going to accomplish them, etc. Sivis Sasis randomly popping in to kill people is entertaining the first time or so, but it eventually becomes dry.]

Set up a darkspell chat at: http://us7.chatzy.com/74696125742163
Password is darkspell (case sensitive)

[Can’t use Chatzy.]

What I’ll probably do is introduce a few factions, and my own plotline will only focus on one or 2. The rest will be mainly passive, and people can include them in their plotlines or get new factions approved.

Hell, I might even give some people control of certain factions, and they can plan their goals and such to fit some plotlines, if they’re responsible to follow the factions temperament and general idea. I’ll just have these reported to me through like google docs or something, and then that can be freely updated by the FM’s.

[And what about making a group to discuss Darkspell history and general background, or at least laying it out in a document?]

That can also be done, if you so wish.

[It’s your game, not mine; But one of your Co-Hosts is woefully uneducated as to what happened, unfortunately, and he does more work than you and BC put together. The history of Darkspell is also mostly ‘people tried to kill each other’, so it could probably use some more refinement. And as for general background, even the experienced players have little clue what is going on.]

Flag Post

[My game is for the players. If multiple people express an interest in a documented history of Darkspell, that can be done. However, Knoob, I’m charging you with the task of writing it down when we figure it out, as you ARE still chief editor of the Darkspell Wiki, and I still need to deal with mechanics after the debate over whether Huras/Nuras said Shall or Shalt.]

Flag Post

[Me and B_S are racking our brains over the mechanics of magic right now… ugh, this hurts. XD]

Flag Post

[My game is for the players. If multiple people express an interest in a documented history of Darkspell, that can be done. However, Knoob, I’m charging you with the task of writing it down when we figure it out, as you ARE still chief editor of the Darkspell Wiki, and I still need to deal with mechanics after the debate over whether Huras/Nuras said Shall or Shalt.]

[Sure, whatever. It’s not like I actually have to do any work-I just have to paraphrase and type out a bunch of text.]

[And seriously, if people are comfortable with the world and know what they can do, they can RP better and do various things.]

Flag Post

[Me and B_S are racking our brains over the mechanics of magic right now… ugh, this hurts. XD]

I would advise against that. Things become considerably less fun once you let B_s reach them. At least this kind of things.

Flag Post

[Me and B_S actually agree on quite a few things… we were trying to figure out how to keep conservation of matter and energy in place via deconjorations, without having myserious things happening 100s of years later, or a human dying because their water was conjured, as well as preventing someone from deleting the water in a human.]

Flag Post

[There are loopholes in the game’s mechanics, Minnakht, loopholes that people like you can exploit to horribly break the game. It seems that like me, Rosate is not content with simply disallowing people from exploiting these loopholes. No, we want to fix them. If by “considerably less fun” you mean “considerably less exploitable”, then yes, I suppose things do become considerably less fun when I reach them.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[There are loopholes in the game’s mechanics, Minnakht, loopholes that people like you can exploit to horribly break the game. It seems that like me, Rosate is not content with simply disallowing people from exploiting these loopholes. No, we want to fix them. If by “considerably less fun” you mean “considerably less exploitable”, then yes, I suppose things do become considerably less fun when I reach them.]

By making and documenting mechanics that destroy these loopholes, we don’t need to deal with them later.

Flag Post

By making and documenting mechanics that destroy these loopholes, we don’t need to deal with them later.

[Why don’t you just ban Minnakht instead of this]

[He’s the problem anyway, and he’s not likely to play given the new mechanics and his Darkspell history]

Flag Post

[He’s the problem anyway, and he’s not likely to play given the new mechanics and his Darkspell history]

Knoob, you have a really bad habit of assuming the worst of people. These new mechanics will be put up to the public before we launch, and they can post their argument on it.

Flag Post

I’ll be doing some work on the wiki, the theme change is about to go live if anybody is interested.

Flag Post

Knoob, you have a really bad habit of assuming the worst of people. These new mechanics will be put up to the public before we launch, and they can post their argument on it.

[Minnakht is one of the reasons Blood_Shadow is so guarded]

[Lucinda was incredibly borken and so Blood_Shadow was like-I never want this to happen ever again]

[And so he strives to always make sure it NEVAR happens EVAR again]

[Also I generally think negatively]

[Or maybe it could be called logically]

[Risk assessment is always easiest when you look at the bad things that could happen, rather than the good ones]

Flag Post

[But I personally like Minn, and perhaps they both changed after that.]

[See above point for 2]

[See point 1 for point 3]

[I noticed]

[True]

[But you don’t need to comment negatively. Assess risk internally.]

Flag Post

[But I personally like Minn, and perhaps they both changed after that.]

[See above point for 2]

[See point 1 for point 3]

[I noticed]

[True]

[But you don’t need to comment negatively. Assess risk internally.]

[Haha you really don’t pay any attention]

[It is true yes]

[But if I don’t comment negatively, then how will people know of the APOCALYPSE that is to come]

Flag Post

Back from my weekend. Time to get back to work, but I have AC, Halo 4, this, and a book report competing for time, so I might be a bit slow.

Flag Post

WE have a general overview of things so far! Please help us out here!

Flag Post

Well, things have been going slow. I’ve given BC and BS a bit of time to put in their input without my moderation, but that hasn’t happened.

But, for everyone who’s in a country that celebrates it, Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll be going somewhere, then to my weekend place early, so this will be my last post for a while.

P.S. It was also my birthday on the 17th. Blame Halo 4 for my inactivity.

Flag Post

I’m not privy to Halo 4. Past experiences in the Halo series turned me off to it entirely.