2013 Mafia - Town Win - Doom will have to wait... (locked)

159 posts

Flag Post

Story Arc: Tales of Zephyrios
Previous Game: Has not been hosted yet. That’s right, this is the last game in the arc, but in the future, I’ll be hosting some more! In the meantime, What the Hell?! can be considered the previous game. (That’s right, I’m writing SBM out of the canon unless I decide to rehost it with 835% less suck.)

The date is June 25, 2013. The Huge Wave of Nothing (AKA 12/21/2012) was only supposed to do psychological damage, but some people lost it and nuked the world. Neo Zephyrios has been cleansed of nuclear fallout since then, but like in the Fallout series, mutants now roam the wild. There’s also been word of a Mafia ready to attack Neo Zephyrios, which is the most shocking news, as you thought the Mafia was wiped out during the Huge Wave…

Rules
1. During the day (These will either last 2 or 3 IRL days.), the players will vote to lynch a player or not hold a lynch that day.
2. During the night (These will also last 24 hours.), the players that were given power roles will decide whether or not they will use their powers (and if their power targets someone, who their target will be). If you are going to use your power during the Night, PM me. (If it targets a player, I will obviously want to know who’s being targeted.) Alternatively, if you wish to withhold your power, you may PM me with such a statement. Players may not talk during the night.
3. You may only talk about this game in this thread. This rule exists so mods such as myself know what everyone’s saying.
4. This setup does not give anybody night chat. It does, however, give the Mafia (and ONLY the Mafia) PM chat.
5. If you are not a living player in this game, you may not post in this thread except to make a simple “Bah, you got me” post that reveals nothing about the game.
6. Do not lurk. If you no longer want to (or can’t) play, ask me ASAP for a replacement.
7. Do not post your role PM or quote verbatim from it. If you must mention it, paraphrase.
8. Anybody caught playing to lose will be dealt with severely. Expect a modkill and maybe a ban from my next game if you try to throw the game for your faction.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.
10. Votes, unvotes, and day actions must be posted in bold, EG Vote: Tessinda_J
11. Questions may be posted in bold or PM’d to me. However, role-specific or role-regarding questions will NOT be answered if submitted via a public post. Instead, they must be PM’d to me.
12. Dead players caught breaking these rules will be exiled.
13. If you are modkilled or exiled, your role will be immediately and publicly revealed, any win conditions you might’ve had are null and void, and further rule violations will result in a ban from my next game. This ban can stack if you prove to be a repeat offender.
14. Reserve players must be willing to watch the thread as if they were players so that any replacements can hit the ground running. Not all reserve slots must be filled before the game starts. Reserve slots will remain open while the game is running.
15. Don’t sign multiple accounts up for this game. If I catch you using alts, you’re gone. Forever. Cheatroach. (Thanks stone667!)
16. If at most half the players are voting, rounded down, the first relevant vote will break ties. If at least half the players are voting, rounded down, Random.org will break ties.

Cast
● Consigliere (x1) – The Godfather’s main man and the captain of the attack on Neo Zephyrios. Whenever he doesn’t command the nightkill, he can rolecop another player. Alignment: Mafia.
● Caporegime (x1) – Whenever he doesn’t control the factional kill, he can administer protips that allow the killer to bypass one layer of doctoring or bulletproofing… but not both. He has to choose which to ignore, too, since the protips come in two different sets. Alignment: Mafia.
● S.C.U.M.D.O.C. (x1) – The Mafia has a sense of humor and decided to give their medical divison an acronym that summed up their role in games such as this. While I don’t know what this should stand for, I do know that a S.C.U.M.D.O.C. can doctor one player per night, excluding themsleves… whenever they aren’t busy with the factional kill, that is! Alignment: Mafia.
● Vice Mayor (x1) – This man is second only to the Mayor when it comes to commanding the town. When he reveals himself, his vote counts as three votes. However, he cannot be healed by Doctors after he has revealed himself. Alignment: Town.
● Chainmail Townie (x1) – Chainmail became a feasible form of protection from mutant attacks. That being said, this player cannot be killed by mutants. He can, however, be hit by the Mafia. Alignment: Town.
● Kevlar Townie (x1) – Even in a post-apocalyptic future, kevlar is feasible as protection from a gun, such as the ones the Mafia will be using. The wearer of this vest will be immune to the Guard’s NK and any Mafia hit that doesn’t ignore bulletproofing, but can still be killed by mutants. Alignment: Town.
● Sheriff (x1) – One of the enforcers of the law in Neo Zephyrios. This player may investigate someone else at night. I will tell them whether their target is Town, Mafia, or Mutant. Alignment: Town.
● Medic (x1) – Before the apocalypse, this guy ran the Zephyrian Ward. When the Huge Wave hit, this man was the first person the citizens of Neo Zephyrios turned to for first aid. Once per night, he may protect another player from one kill. Alignment: Town.
● Guard (x1) – Neo Zephyrios has had to deal with mutants the hard way… once per night, the Guard may NK another player. Alignment: Town.
● Exotic Dancer (x1) – Who says mutants can’t have a good time? That being said, the ED is human… but this roleblocker is equally effective against man and mutant: There is a 100% chance of this role’s nightly roleblock working, regardless of the target. Alignment: Town.
● Mutant (x2) – The Huge Wave didn’t just kill people; it mutated some of them. They aren’t always friends with each other, either, but that doesn’t stop them from each commandeering a nightkill. Alignment: No comment

Factional Kill submission priority: Consigliere > Caporegime > S.C.U.M.D.O.C.

Flag Post

Player List
A number with strikethrough represents a dead player.
1. Woon1957 (Vice Mayor, survived)
2. devourer359 (Exotic Dancer, NK’d N1)
3. Stone667 (Kevlar Townie, lynched D1)
4. WiiPlayer113 (Caporegime, NK’d N3)
5. Mendacium (Mistrusted Mutant, lynched D2. Alignment: Town.)
6. Bluji (Guard, survived)
7. S_98 (Oh lawd, you said you were lynch-immune and then you actually DID die to a lynch D3. Medic)
8. Sabin7 (S.C.U.M.D.O.C., replaced AdeebNafees D1, modkilled D3 for Rule 9 violations)
9. TwistedCakez (Sheriff, NK’d N2)
10. BCLEGENDS (Chainmail Townie, survived)
11. walfordking (Consigliere, NK’d N2)
12. CowFriend (Murderous Mutant, NK’d N1. Alignment: Serial Killer.)

Reserve List
(As a disclaimer… this isn’t hard-capped at three.)

Flag Post

Sign because mafia.

8. Anypony caught playing to lose will be dealt with severely.

So since I’m not a pony, can I play to lose?

Flag Post

DERP!
I have Ponify installed on my Firefox browser, so it replaces some terms with MLP terms. It doesn’t help that I C&V’d this from the draft posted in FGF without going into the “Edit Post” prompt.
I went ahead and edited the rules to have the, uh, human term in place of the pony term.

EDIT – I reworded Rule 4 since I derped out again and forgot that this setup has a scum faction with more than one player.

Flag Post

Because . Sign Mafia

Flag Post

:D

Flag Post

Sign because… um… Idunno

Flag Post

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been quoting you all when putting you on the list. If you want to set or change this quote, you may bold/parenthesize what you want me to post.

IE if I were to sign up to this game, I could say Sign (I knew I should’ve turned right at Chrometown!) and then the signups could read “#. RaceBandit (I knew I should’ve turned right at Chrometown!)”.

Flag Post

I Will Rape You All. This Is Not a Threat, but a Fact.

I’m not feeling creative right now.

Flag Post

Sign (Kinda somehow a bit maybe scum.)

Flag Post

Sign (although I have no idea will I be able to play this actively. I can’t get onto a computer on weekends. Although, I might be getting a computer this week (or maybe not)).

Flag Post

Sign! (Impervious to Lynch)

Flag Post

Signature placed (This ain’t a dead pool. Not yet, anyway.)

Also, processing S.C.U.M.D.O.C because melikesacronames.

Flag Post

Sign. insert clever quote about why I want to here

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

TBH I settled for that because I couldn’t think of a proper name for a Mafia Doctor and I didn’t want to use … well, Mafia Doctor … because I thought that was boring. So, uh, yeah. If you strike gold, awesome.

Flag Post

Only 3 more!

(This is not a horribly disguised bump)

Flag Post

It’s probably just being slow because I didn’t bother to check how many Mafia games were already up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

TBH I settled for that because I couldn’t think of a proper name for a Mafia Doctor and I didn’t want to use … well, Mafia Doctor … because I thought that was boring. So, uh, yeah. If you strike gold, awesome.

Mad Doctor?

Flag Post

That sounds like it would have a chance of killing its target instead of doccing it.

Flag Post

Should I try to host a different setup if I don’t get three more sign-ups by the 23rd? The other thing I’m thinking of is a bit of a “sequel” to “What the Hell?!”.

Flag Post

I’ll sign up to this. You useless sons of b!tches.

Flag Post

I’ll sign. Extermiate!

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

That sounds like it would have a chance of killing its target instead of doccing it.

Better for the mafia amirite.

Flag Post

Uh, no thanks. I’m already pushing the acceptable amount of nightkills via two Mutants, a Guard, and the Mafia. Factor in a D1 lynch and if no kills are stopped, D2 will start with only seven people.

Flag Post

Let’s make an alt have them sign up