[Trivia] Duel II: Duel 10: SilverEvil vs. Firespread (locked)

369 posts

Flag Post

Ninjas will be brutally murdered.

This is Duel II. This is a continuation of Duel. There are going to be few signups, let’s say 8, as all the players remaining from Duel are already playing.

Signups will close some time Saturday night PDT.

This is a trivia game, but with a twist. Each Duel consists of two players, who each begin the game with 10 poker chips, which each have the value of £1,000.

Contestants will be asked multiple-choice general or not so general knowledge questions each with four possible answers, one of which was correct. The players are asked to select the answer they believed to be correct; if they are unsure, however, they are permitted to cover up to all four answers with their chips, to ensure that they have a chip on the right answer when revealed. Once satisfied they had done so, each player will confirm their answer. If a chip is placed on the correct answer, the player will get that chip back, but will not regain the other chips if they placed multiple chips. If a player runs out of all of their chips, they are out of the game. Players have 48 hours to answer a question and if they do not in this time, they will be eliminated; however, each player also has ONE accelerator which allows them to rush an opponent for an answer, giving them just 24 hours to answer. Each chip placed on a wrong answer is eliminated and adds £1,000 to the jackpot, which begins at £100,000.

When a player wins a duel, they will pick from three other contestants of who they want to face. If they win two duels, they will have a chance to leave the game with 10% of the jackpot. If that is not taken and the player survives three duels, you can leave the game with 20% of the jackpot. If that is not taken and the player survives 4 duels, you can play for the jackpot.

All questions will be answered in PMs please and you MUST post in the thread signifying in some way that you have sent me an answer.

If you are using an accelerator, this must also be posted in thread. If I find that anyone cheats (by searching for answers on the internet, in books etc), they will be banned from the game. The winner will be the person with the biggest amount of money after the game is over.

A major difference from Duel is:

You MUST post in the thread signifying in some way that you have sent me an answer. This is so that your opponent knows not to use an accelerator. If you send me an answer and do not post in the thread signifying in some way that you have answered, and your opponent uses an accelerator, you will be fined 4 chips, and they will get the accelerator back! Also, at the expense of 4 chips, you may destroy your opponent’s accelerator!

I think I have all the rules down there, if you are unclear of anything, please do ask. Now go forth, and get duelling!

Oh, and watch out for trick questions :)

Flag Post

Players

coolo2011
Firespread (Duelling)
LouWeed
bjjdude
Aedan210
TailsChao99
ty38 (Duelling)
wiiwonder

New signs:
SilverEvil
devourer359
SamsterSamster
racefan12
Woon1957
wercooler
S_98
puzzledan
t6salt/tttttt

Flag Post

Results

Duel

Duel 1: racefan12 (4 chips) beat dragonrider1234 (0 chips)
Duel 2: racefan12 (7 chips) beat Hyped (0 chips)
Lixes resigned
Duel 3: racefan12 (4 chips) beat gaminguru (0 chips)
Duel 4: racefan12 (0 chips) and Kidudeman (0 chips); both lost
Duel 5: HappyYay (8 chips) beat Mysterymason (0 chips)
Duel 6: HappyYay (3 chips) beat coolo2011 (0 chips)
Duel 7: HappyYay (9 chips) beat stone667 (0 chips)
benbo12 didn’t post
Duel 8: HappyYay (10 chips) beat myhome16 (9 chips)
JACKPOT: HappyYay wins £108,500.
Duel 9: ocelot beat Taiboss (forfeited)
Duel 10: ocelot beat S_98
OCELOT TAKES 10% OF THE JACKPOT: £13,150.
Duel 11: gio500 beat Metepod
ocelot didn’t post
Duel 12: tttttt beat LucasBurgel
Duel 13: Woon1957 beat tttttt
Duel 14: MaistlinRajere beat Woon1957
Duel 15: MaistlinRajere beat hiperson134
Duel 16: MaistlinRajere beat TwistedCakez
Duel 17: MaistlinRajere beat puzzledan
JACKPOT: MaistlinRajere wins £106,175.

Duel II

Duel 1: LouWeed beat racefan12
Duel 2: devourer359 beat LouWeed
Duel 3: devourer359 beat Woon1957
Duel 4: devourer359 beat wercooler
Duel 5: devourer359 beat coolo2011
Duel 6: devourer359 beat T6salt
Duel 7: devourer359 vs. SamsterSamster. Both players lost
Duel 8: bjjdude beat puzzledan
Duel 9: SilverEvil beat bjjdude
Duel 10: Firespread beat SilverEvil (default)
Duel 11: Firespread beat ty38 (default)

Winner: Firespread

Flag Post

You forgot your reserved for lock. I’m sure you’ll host this a lot more organised than me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

You forgot your reserved for lock. I’m sure you’ll host this a lot more organised than me.

Say what?

Flag Post

I swear that wasn’t there earlier 0_o

Ignore me xD

Flag Post

I swear that wasn’t there earlier 0_o

Ignore me xD

It wasn’t there earlier. I worked a little bit of Maist magic :)

Flag Post

lets’a Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign! I swear you previously weren’t allowing new signs >.<

Flag Post

Sign! I swear you previously weren’t allowing new signs >.<

I wasn’t. I decided to change my mind.

Flag Post

I don’t suppose I could try again?

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Sign

Flag Post

I’m guessing (because I can’t be bothered reading) that I don’t have to resign? And thanks for continuing this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I’m guessing (because I can’t be bothered reading) that I don’t have to resign? And thanks for continuing this.

You’re listed under the list of players…so I take that as a no.

Flag Post

I’ll sign for this one.

Flag Post

!!! I can sign again!!!
I shall get a chance at redemption! Huzzah!
To my brethren, we can claim our share once again!

Flag Post

If I Sign up again Sign me up again

Flag Post

I wanna sign again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

I don’t suppose I could try again?

Originally posted by S_98:

!!! I can sign again!!!
I shall get a chance at redemption! Huzzah!
To my brethren, we can claim our share once again!

Originally posted by puzzledan:

If I Sign up again Sign me up again

Everyone is welcome to sign, even if they already played.

Originally posted by LouWeed:

I already signed up everyone who was still remaining in Duel.

Originally posted by t6salt:

I wanna sign again.

The amount of signs allowed was 8, but I’m feeling nice, so I’ll let you join.

Considering that the signup slots are full, signups are closing early. I’m going to start soon.

MAKE SURE TO READ THE PARAGRAPH AT THE END OF THE OP

Flag Post

Thanks Maist at least there not any pressure on me this time not naming anyone coughs Sam.

Flag Post

I have checked the profiles of all the players who are remaining from the original Duel, and according to their Latest Activity, a couple of the players have not logged on in over a month, so I have removed them. They were Drovoxx, FabulaUltima, tracymirkin123, gamelover13, and fartwall.

OK, so we will start now. The first duel is random! The all powerful RNG has determined who gets chosen. PMs are being sent to the contestants.

Duel 1: LouWeed vs. racefan12

Both users have 10 chips and an accelerator. The jackpot is £100,000.

Question 1: Which tennis player has held the postion of Number One males singles player for the most consecutive weeks?

A. Bjorn Borg
B. Roger Federer
C. Rafael Nadal
D. Andre Agassi

Flag Post

easy, this is

Flag Post

Sent.

Flag Post

Isn’t it spelled Borg, not Bord?
And sent.