[Continuous] Hangman Reborn (Post-game discussion)

4096 posts

Flag Post

So… looks like ajx’s got deleted, so I thought of remaking it with better description of rules, and better formatting. Hope you guys will like it.

Basically, this is the Hangman we all know and love, FGF style!

The rules:

1. A person thinks of a word (or words), then posts how many letters are there in the word(s) along with some basic clues (eg. I thought of an animal).
2. The players must guess the word, one letter at a time. You can also guess the word without waiting for all letters to be guessed, but that involves taking risk.
3. The player who made the word must say if the guessed letters are in the word or not. If yes, (s)he must put the letter where they belong. If no, (s)he must put the letter in a list.
4. If someone guesses the word, and (s)he’s wrong, (s)he can’t participate in guessing that word, but can come back when a new word is made.
5. If someone guesses the word, and (s)he’s right, (s)he gets one point and the right to make up the next word.
6. If eight mistakes are made, the player who made the word gets one point and makes up a new word.
7. If a person doesn’t make a puzzle or doesn’t pass the right of doing so to someone 3 day after (s)he answered a puzzle correctly, his/her point is taken back and anyone can make a puzzle. If a temporary puzzle is still being solved, and the 3 days pass, the point is taken back from the solver of the previous puzzle and the person who solves the temporary puzzle has the right to do the next one or pass it. If there isn’t a temporary puzzle and the 3 days pass, either me or Jask will make a word.
8. Any kind of cheating, hindering the progress of other players, breaking of the rules or large amounts of trolling may result in a warning, or in worse cases, a temporary or permanent ban from this game.

Leaderboards:

devourer359 – 7
Pulsaris – 5
funiax – 5
Louweed – 3
racefan12 – 3
MaistlinRajere – 2
AdeebNafees – 2
hamuka – 2
WillItBlend – 2
reaper765 – 1
Serpentes – 1
ajx30009 – 1
Woon1957 – 1
puzzledan – 1
afklol – 1
simeng – 1
V0idGuard – 1
SilverEvil – 1

This thread now has a spreadsheet! (credits to funiax)

Banned people:

No one yet, thankfully.

Warned people:

BloodScourge – August 28, 2012

ajx30009 – December 10, 2012 (final warning)

There are two three new additions to the game that you guys asked for: temporary words, anagrams, and words with accented letters!

1. Temporary words are made when the person who guessed the word right/made a word no one could guess correctly is inactive or needs some time. Making anagrams or words with accented letters as a temporary word is strictly forbidden and instantly result in a warning or a temporary ban. Also, they give out 0.5 points each.

2. Anagrams are a bit harder than normal words, both in making them and guessing them. You need four rows instead of three; one for the number of letters, one for the incorrect letters, one for people with wrong guesses, and finally, one for correct letters. They work like this:

• Firstly, the anagram is made.
  • Then, the players guess the letters (all of them!).
  • Finally, the players try to reorder the letters to spell the correct word.

These anagrams give out 1.5 points for guessing them, and 1 point to the creator of it if the word’s not guessed.

3. Words with accented letters work like normal words, expect with, well, accented letters. However, players can make 12 letters, and get 2 points if the word’s guessed. If the word’s not guessed, the maker of it gets 1.5 points.

Please note that you must point out if the word you made is an anagram or if it has accented letters. Failure to do so results in a warning/temporary ban, or if repeated offenses occur, a permanent ban. Also, making anagrams with accents are prohibited for now in order to keep everyone’s sanity.

I know, this gets a bit complicated, but based on your opinions, I think these were good ideas. If you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask me or my awesome co-host, Jaskaran2000. :)

Understood? Yes? Okay, then let’s begin. Good luck!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hint: He’s a FGF regular.

Flag Post

Jimbo14

Flag Post

A, please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

Jimbo14

Nope. Sorry.

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

A, please.

Incorrect.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

List of incorrect letters: A

List of people who can’t guess the word: SiverEvil

Flag Post

E

Flag Post

I, next.

EDIT: Ninja’d D: If there are no E’s, go for I’s.

Flag Post

No, and no.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

List of incorrect letters: A, E, I

List of people who can’t guess the word: SilverEvil

sigh C’mon, it isn’t that hard!… Right?

Flag Post

Go for O. If no O’s, take a U.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Go for O. If no O’s, take a U.

There is an O!

Oh, and I probably failed more than RaceBandit in 2013 Mafia… There are, in fact, two E’s. Ouch.

_ O _ _ EE _

List of incorrect letters: A, I

List of people who can’t guess the word: SilverEvil

Flag Post

Louweed

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

Louweed

ding ding We have a winner!

Now, reaper765 has the freedom of choosing a word.

Flag Post

Unsurprisingly, I’m going to go with music, don’t worry, he’s well known.

_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hint: Musician

Flag Post

H

Flag Post

1 H

_ _ _ _ / H _ _ _ _ _ _

Flag Post

A. Yay for random guessing :P.

Flag Post

Nope

List of incorrect letters: A

_ _ _ _ / H _ _ _ _ _ _

Flag Post

E

Flag Post

_ _ _ _ / He _ _ _ _ _

Flag Post

I

Flag Post

_ I _ I / He _ _ _ I _

Flag Post

Jimi Hendrix

Flag Post

Yeah, I thought Devourer has it on the H for some reason.

Flag Post

Alright, here we go.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hint: Sport

Flag Post

A

Flag Post

E, if no A’s :P