[Trivia] Take It or Leave It: Game 3 - coolo2011 and SilverEvil vs. devourer359 and t6salt (locked)

456 posts

Flag Post

I’m giving Rockbusters a break (but it’ll be back, don’t worry) and this is Take It or Leave It.

Each game will be played with four randomly selected (from the players list) users, split into two randomly selected couples. Couple #1 begin in control of the game.

The idea is to make it up through the ten sections of the path answering a question on each section. If they’re right, they earn money for the bank and move on up the path. If they are wrong, they are relegated to the Sin Bin and the other couple get to continue the journey. No money is won. Whoever is in control of the game after the tenth and final question is the winner and get to play for everything accumulated thus far.

The questions are general knoweldge, and with each question they are shown an answer. The couple must decide between them whether it’s the right answer, meaning that they wish to take it or whether it is wrong, so they leave it. In this case, they will be forced to accept the second answer as their own.

When a correct response is given, a wall of 20 safes are brought up. In each safe, there is one of either eighteen contain cash amounts ranging between 1p and £15,000 or one of two Booby Traps meaning that when chosen, the other couple automatically take control. Each teammate selects a number. The contents of the first safe are revealed – once again, they must choose to take it (and add the money in the bank) or reject it for what might be in the second chosen safe. If they take the first safe, the contents of the second one are revealed anyway.

Whichever team survives question ten moves on to the final where they can win the money that’s been accumulated throughout the game. It’s hiding in one of six different coloured safes. The contestants are asked a further five questions, but the answers aren’t revealed until after they’ve done them all. The computer then reorders the questions, randomly placing all their correct responses first followed by their incorrect ones. The contestants go through the questions in the order the computer gives them. If they are confident of an answer, they can lock it in. If they’re correct, one of the safes is taken out of the game – it definitely didn’t have the money in and it’s eliminated. The contestants continue in this vein until a) they’ve validated all five questions, they’re all correct and there’s only one safe left. They’ve won! b) They’ve decided to stop validating. In that case, they must select one of the remaining safes. If the money is in there, they’ve won, and if not, they leave empty handed. c) They validate a question, but they’ve given the wrong answer. The game ends there, they’ve lost without even picking a safe.

I think that’s everything. Sorry if it takes you a while to read, it may sound complicated at first but it’s easy when you get going :D

I’m looking for 16+ signs and if I end up with an number of signs that is not a multiple of four, I will randomly select from players that have played already to fill the numbers.

Any questions? Feel free to ask. Let’s get on with the game!

Flag Post

Players/Teams

hamuka
AdeebNafees
DodgeryArc
SilverEvil
coolo2011

puzzledan
Metepod
Mysterymason
Stone667
t6salt
myhome16
racefan12
REALinsanemonkey
TwistedCakez
LouWeed
devourer359
Woon1957
therealsirmark4
Zzzip50
CowFriend
S_98
WillItBlend
Bluji
DragonArcherZ
Jaskran2000

Flag Post

Current Round

http://tinyurl.com/8h592r5

Results

Mysterymason and Metepod won £44,810.

Woon1957 and WillItBlend won £34,500.

Flag Post

Just in case

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by DodgeryArc:

Ninja

I’m sorry, but you didn’t ninja me >:D

Flag Post

I remember this one! It was in TV a year ago.

Sign.

Flag Post

Is this the incarnation of Feuding Families? If it is, a coupla people from outside FGF might like to join it.

Sign, by the way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:
Originally posted by DodgeryArc:

Ninja

I’m sorry, but you didn’t ninja me >:D

What ninja? I only signed D:

You blackmailing me? D:<

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Is this the incarnation of Feuding Families? If it is, a coupla people from outside FGF might like to join it.

Sign, by the way.

Nope, that is to come next. Still waiting for more answers to the surveys.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sigun

Also, I hate you now. I was going to make this D:<

Flag Post

Reserved for sign, is this like family feud? And about how long will this game take?

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

Reserved for sign, is this like family feud? And about how long will this game take?

Nope, nothing to do with Family Feud. Also, not sure how long it will take :P

Flag Post

Meh, I’ll sign.. I just don’t want it to be a 2 month process ><

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

Meh, I’ll sign.. I just don’t want it to be a 2 month process ><

lets make it a 3 month process then!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

Sign.

Flag Post

Not interested in this but, I’m gonna sign up for the future rockbusters

Flag Post

If the team in control selects a Booby Trap with their first safe selection, do they automatically lose control, or do they get to reject that safe and open the second?

For each of the questions, I’m assuming that if the first answer shown is wrong, then the second answer is right (and vice versa). Is that right?

The last question isn’t really a question about the game—but how are FGF wins going to be awarded from this game? The couple that earns the most money?

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

If the team in control selects a Booby Trap with their first safe selection, do they automatically lose control, or do they get to reject that safe and open the second?

For each of the questions, I’m assuming that if the first answer shown is wrong, then the second answer is right (and vice versa). Is that right?

The last question isn’t really a question about the game—but how are FGF wins going to be awarded from this game? The couple that earns the most money?

1) If the booby trap is picked on the first selection, they lose control automatically.
2) Yep, if the first answer is wrong, the second answer is ALWAYS right and vice versa.
3) That’s probably a good way to work it :)

Are you signing up?

Flag Post

I shall sing until I am signed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Are you signing up?

Yes.