Of Light And Dark[CYOP] page 3

70 posts

Flag Post

Hopelessly flash the torchlight on every single spot of the wall, searching for a weak point. If there is one, flash the torchlight at it until a hole forms. If there isn’t, choose a random spot and flash the torchlight at it until there is a hole, even if it takes some hours.

Flag Post

Check all the walls, floors and ceilings again and flash the Torchlight at all spots, seeing if there is a secret room.

Flag Post

Nothing interesting happens. The wall of dark rears malevolently, and thrashes against you, knocking you out of the room. As you stand up, a nauseous sensation grips your mind, and you stagger backwards into the pit you made earlier to kill the swordsman.

You fall for a long time, and land in yet another room. Wisps of darkness mark the swordsman’s place of death, as well as his broken sword lying on the floor. The door ahead of you has a large dark padlock on it. Torchlight attacks, you quickly find out, do not work against this padlock. Neither does attacking it with the sword.

[The solution was to go into the previous room and jump into the pit. The hint was referring to the fact that I never mentioned the pit was fatal.]

Flag Post

Look around, see if there’s a key. If not, use the sword to put in the padlock.

Flag Post

A block of stone is loose from the wall. When you heave it away, you find a small key lying there, shrouded in shadows. However, the tunnel is too narrow and long for your hands to reach it, and when you try to stick your sword in, the shadows converge and thrust it out again.

Flag Post

Use the Torchlight to try and keep it open, then use the sword to get the key.

Flag Post

You flash your Torchlight at the crevice. The shadows flee, scurrying away, and you use your sword to hook the key and fish it out.

You put it into the padlock and turn, thinking that this was much easier than the previous puzzle. But instead of popping open, the padlock starts to glow, words appearing on it.

Two words of light, two and one more,
That and the key to open the door.
If the padlock sits there, cold eyes mock;
Remember this, stranger:
The key is the key and the lock is the lock.

Flag Post

Turn the key in the lock while shining your flashlight on it, which has the attachment on.
if that fails, do it again while touching the sword to the lock.

Flag Post

When you turn the key, nothing happens. The Torchlight doesn’t do anything to the lock. The sword’s touch doesn’t help either.

[Hint:What does the poem say to do?]

Flag Post

Say ignite, illumine while putting the key in the padlock and turning it

Flag Post

Nothing happens.

Flag Post

i turn around and look at the wisps that mark the swordsman’s place of death and examine the wisps.

Flag Post

As you bend down to examine the wisps, they shift around, making it harder for you to see them. However, you didn’t see anything else unusual about them.

Flag Post

I use the modded light then the un-modded light on the wisps.

Flag Post

Wtf…I’ve forgotten to participate in this…good thing this game has no signs.

Flag Post

The wisps disappear when you shine your light on them.

[ARKENARKEN HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY AVATAR]

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

Necrobump.

Also, examine the entire room for anything unusual, other than the fact that there is a whole load of weird shit going on.

Flag Post

There is the key, the lock, the hidden compartment(now empty) which the key used to be, some lingering wisps marking the swordsman’s corpse, the swordsman’s broken sword and a lot of shadows and darkness flowing everywhere.