Big Brother: Season 1 [GAME OVER -- WHO WON?] page 17 (locked)

482 posts

Flag Post

What’s the point of having a deadline if it’s not enforced? It seems pretty obvious that if you miss the deadline, your pm won’t count. The only question is: what happens if more than two people miss the deadline? Does the second person take the win?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Do you get eliminated if you somehow miss the deadline?

That’s what I’d do if I were Bluji. (Of course, knowing me, after I say this, I’ll forget to send in the PM.)

Of course, all of us could have already sent in the PM and this could all be a moot point.

Flag Post

Of course, all of us could have already sent in the PM and this could all be a moot point.

Doubt it.

The only question is: what happens if more than two people miss the deadline? Does the second person take the win?

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Some people might be too intent on getting the PM in at the last moment and accidentally forget or something. Then we get only 1~2 people who PM’d.

Flag Post

You must send in your PM before the deadline hits. Period.

- BB

Flag Post

HoH #8 Results

I only received three PMs. However, that is enough for me to award the winner. Let’s see…

CowFriend did not PM me, which means he auto-forfeits.

LouWeed was the first to PM me. Too early, maybeh?

AdeebNafees… he was the second to PM me. Meaning…

Congratulations racefan12! You have won HoH #8!

It is now your task to nominate two of your fellow Houseguests into this week’s Eviction Ceremony. Your decision is expected to be received before 8th November, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +3).

- BB

Flag Post

Holy cow I actually won something

I am going to nominate LouWeed and CowFriend for eviction.

Flag Post

Fu, didn’t send in my PM. Thought I would have enough time to wait another day.

and CowFriend for eviction.

u srs race

Flag Post

PoV #8: Minority Rules

There are five of you left. Below are fifteen opinion choice questions and you guys will be answering them. Your task is simple:

In order to score a point, be in the minority of the answerers. After all 15 questions related to current Houseguests and a tiebreaker, the person with the most points wins the Golden Power of Veto. Simple enough? Your deadline is 10th November, 2012 at 3:00 PM (GMT +2).

1. Which of these two is the least similar with yourself? (AdeebNafees / racefan12)
2. Which of these two would you go to dine with? (LouWeed / CowFriend)
3. Which of these two would you not like to have as company in a stuck elevator? (Woon1957 / AdeebNafees)
4. Which of these two would more likely give you a box of chocolates as a christmas gift? (racefan12 / LouWeed)
5. Which of these two would you take to a rock concert with you? (CowFriend / Woon1957)
6. Which of these two would you like to travel to the moon with? (AdeebNafees / LouWeed)
7. Which of these two would you like to have as a prison cellmate? (racefan12 / CowFriend)
8. Which of these two would more likely support you through a divorce? (Woon1957 / racefan12)
9. Which of these two would more likely betray you in an alliance? (AdeebNafees / CowFriend)
10. Which of these two would you prefer to sing a duet with? (LouWeed / Woon1957)
11. Which of these two is more likely to win this challenge? (AdeebNafees / racefan12)
12. Which of these two is more likely to be evicted next? (CowFriend / LouWeed)
13. Which of these two is your least favourite player? (Woon1957 / AdeebNafees)
14. Which of these two is more likely to reach the final two? (racefan12 / LouWeed)
15. Which of these two is more likely to win Big Brother: Season 1? (CowFriend / Woon1957)

Tiebreaker: DO NOT LOOK BACK IN THIS THREAD!!!
How many total votes have been casted so far in this game?

- BB

Flag Post

Laments the demise of the skill-based challenge

Flag Post

These games aren’t about skill, they’re about psychology.

Of course, there isn’t any good way to simulate that on the Internet… but this is about as good as it gets.

Flag Post

Answer to #15 should be obvious.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Answer to #15 should be obvious.

It is.

Maybe not to you, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

These games aren’t about skill, they’re about luck.

There ya go.

Flag Post

It is not about luck. If it were a luck-based challenge, I’d use an RNG to decide which side gets a point, the majority or the minority. Instead, you just need to consider what the other people could choose and make a wise choice.

Flag Post

PoV #8 Results

AdeebNafees and CowFriend tied… but CowFriend forgot the tiebreaker question. Thus, AdeebNafees wins the tie and now has the power to remove either LouWeed or CowFriend from the eviction ceremony OR not use the Power of Veto. Houseguest AdeebNafees, please note that if you choose to use the Power of Veto on one of our nominees, Woon1957 automatically moves into the eviction ceremony due to no other remaining Houseguests. You have time until 11th November, 2012 at 2:30 PM (GMT +3) to post your decision.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Oh well, couldn’t have gotten it anyways.

Flag Post

Seems like I and Louweed would make fine companions on a lunar voyage. On a happy note, my net connection works again, but it is slow as hell.

I’ll repay Woon for earlier by repeating what she said.

How about no

Flag Post

I haven’t been in this thread but I saw the title and thought “Nothing out of the ordinary here.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

I haven’t been in this thread but I saw the title and thought “Nothing out of the ordinary here.”

It is only the Power of Veto challenge, buddy :p

Er, actually, on second thought, I like the sentiment associated with this comment ;D

Flag Post

Eviction Ceremony #8

Houseguests, welcome to your eighth Eviction Ceremony. racefan12, as outgoing HoH, you do not need to submit your Diary Room answers, but it would be highly recommended to be done, still. Same goes for our nominees, LouWeed and CowFriend, you do not need to submit your Diary Room answers, but it’s highly recommended. Where as the rest of you (Houseguests AdeebNafees and Woon1957) must submit your Diary Room answers and votes or you will receive an activity strike. The person evicted this week will also become our fifth Jury member. Your deadline for Diary Rooms is ASAP.

Question #1: How has wercooler’s eviction affected your game?
Question #2: How certain are you of the fact you will make it to the final two? Why?
Question #3a: Are you happy with racefan12’s nominations? If yes, why? If no, why not?
Question #3b: If you answered no to the previous question, who would’ve you nominated if you were HoH?
Question #4: Who is the strongest player in the game at the moment? Why?
Question #5: If you had to choose one player from the remaining five to become the winner of Big Brother, who would you choose? Why?
Question #6: Who are you voting this week, and why?

- Big Brother

Flag Post

God damn it, I’m in the eviction again.

Flag Post

Eviction #8

CowFriend, LouWeed, one of you is about to be evicted. With votes 2 – 0…

HOVER OVER has been evicted from the Big Brother House. Congratulations to the final four, but your work is nowhere near done. Two more weeks and then one of you will win an imaginary $500,000. Good luck on your upcoming challenges.

- BB

Flag Post

Big Brother Announces: You’re All In This Week’s Eviction Ceremony

You’re all in this week’s eviction ceremony. More information will be provided to you in the Diary Room. All discussion is prohibited.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Woooh

Flag Post

I’m going to be away until Saturday. (That isn’t okay, is it? Could I get on my knees and beg, as well as apologize?)
Yeah, please quote this in all the games I’m in too. If I can finish this today it would be great(please happen)