Island of Avarona [RP Game]

271 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Lock.

Flag Post

The Backstory

The Warriors. A powerful sect of trained fighters dating back 4000 years ago. With their powerful, unbeatable armies and strong leaders, they disciplined and conquered all the lands. Legend says that not a single country who opposed the Warriors survived the conflict.

The Warriors have operated on a single government throughout the entire era, from the start to now. It operates with the Warrior Victar at the top, then to the Nine Supreme Councilors, then to the Commanders, then to the Officers, and finally to the Warriors who stand at the bottom. The empire’s capitals stand on one small island big enough to contain two huge castles. These two castles are known as: Pride, the White Fortress, and Power, the Black Fortress.

Warriors ranged from magicians, to tricksters, to archers, to swordsmen, and to many other aspects of battle. The Warriors stand with a strong method of taking over territories, and defending their own from invaders. Yet all stays the same, these proud fighters of the strong sect.

You have always wanted to be a part of the proud empire that they have built among these years. But now is your chance. After 5 years of grueling training from the expectant trainers of the Warriors, you have finally become a Warrior. Maybe not a great one (yet), but still one.

After receiving orders from the commanders, you have been sent to the Island of Avarona. A small island to the west of the Warrior continents that is the largest of a tiny island chain. You aren’t sure why the Warriors haven’t conquered this small strange island, even if little is known about it. You will soon, though.

Heavy storms battered your boat as you crossed the dangerous sea path to Avarona. There was too much fog and bad weather for you to know whether you were going to the island, or not. You were too focused on keeping the ship together to even think about where you were going. You were lost.

Finally, after two months of bad weather and heavy storms, you finally reach the shores on your (what used to be) boat. You had remembered from your Commander that two Warriors were on the island beforehand, waiting for you. However, they did not specify who.

Flag Post

Gameplay

You are a a group of nine hardly trained Warriors on the Island of Avarona. The island is is large, and is home to monsters, enemy groups, villages, and mysteries. In a first person point-of-view, you will describe the adventures of your character in the RP. Remember to keep all of it reasonable.

Rules

1.) FGF rules apply
2.) NPCs are controlled by me
3.) Story-skipping strictly not allowed
4.) Those who do not post once every 1-2 days will be marked inactive, and those who do not post for a week or more shall be killed off in the game. Exceptions apply.

Flag Post

The team

1.) Helena Grey: Level 1 Trained in the blade, she wields a dual-edge blade and has knowledge on first aid. She wears plate mail over chainmail, and has long black hair and blue eyes. Helena enjoys a good book, and is well-educated.

2.) Vorem Delperi: Level 1 Skilled in melee battle, Vorem wears a cloak over a wealthy man’s vest, obscuring his face and concealing his weapon. He has messy short black hair and red/blue eyes, with many scars from battle. He keeps his past a well-secret.

3.) James Miller: Level 1 Trained in the bow and some magic, James makes a good hunter and conceals his appearance with a hooded cloak. He has no hair, with blue eyes and pale white skin, and finds it strange that a persn like him was accepted into the Warrior ranks.

4.) Vinyl Scratch: Level 1 Skilled in melee battle, he was a rowdy child who always acted first and thought second. He has always wanted a goal, and he has joined the Warriors to be known.

5.) Nathaniel Sye: Level 1 Skilled in Deep Magic, he has been raised by a few Officers of the Warriors and has been studying under the magicians of the Warriors. He has been trusted enough to learn Deep Magic, therefore he must keep a slim steel dagger to open up his connection to magic.

6.) Koil Ardor: Level 1 Trained in melee and tool use, Koil was born in royalty, so he had much training with swords from his father. One day, when enemies invaded his home, his father died and he went to live with his grandfather for the rest of his childhood. He wishes to avenge his father.

7.) Eridian McAmprey: Level 1 Trained in Magic and some ranged weaponry, Eridian had a childhood of high royalty, and had an extreme classist view of people, as one of his bad habits developed. He has created his own wand and is very interested in the origins of magic.

8.) William Wonder: Level 1 Trained in weapons and magic, he was born into a family of magic performers, but he sought for more practical uses of his talent. He lost his eye in a magic duel and has had a replacement glass eye even since.

9.) Chris Marshall: Level 1 Skilled in melee battle, Chris has had a wealthy childhood and has trained for two extra years under the Warriors. He is highly ambitious of his goals.

10.) Marconus Krepta Blakhart: Level 1 Trained in Magic and Weapons, Marconus has had a childhood of magical training, but he later abandoned his village due to magic reforms. He is now searching for a new place to gain power.

Flag Post

[Reserved for any means to use more space.]

Flag Post

[Reserved for any means to use more space.]

Flag Post

Alright, let’s get started.

Info

As you reach the coasts, you take a good look of what’s on the island. Forests, and mountains behind in beautiful scenery was all you could see.

You walk onto the shores, with soggy clothing and a destroyed boat. Uphill, you see a Warrior waving at you. He appears to be of a high status, judged by his clothing. You walk up the short hill, and approach him.

???: “Hello! I am pleased to see you have arrived here in one piece! My name is Nagi, and I am one of the Nine Supreme Councilors.”

Nagi: “…I know, you’re probably wondering why a Warrior of such high rank is doing here. I have come here to research and study. Now, the first thing we need to address is you. Hroll, may you get some clothing for these wet trainees?”

Nagi: “In the meanwhile, I would be happy to answer any questions you have before we begin.”

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Yeah, question, when are we going to be able to kill something?”

[]

Flag Post

Info

Nagi: “Of course you’ll get the chance at killing something. But first, we need to address our priorities. After Hroll fetches some dry clothes four you nine, I will teach you PMT. (a.k.a. Psychic Mind Telecommunication)”

Flag Post

Helena

“Wait… Are we the subjects in this experiment, because it definitely feels like it.”

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
‘Wwoah, wwait a moment,’ I interject, ‘nobody said anythin’ about any experiments. I wwas under the impression that wwe’d be able to do most wwhatewer wwe wwanted, so long as it got us closer to conquerin’ this island. Or is that a’ experiment in an’ of itself, an’ nobody saww fit to tell me a somethin’?’ .

Flag Post

Koil Ardor
“I got a question, wend can i kill my teammates?

Flag Post

Info

Nagi: “Oh, you may have gotten the wrong idea! I am performing my experiments by myself and will rarely ask you to be guinea pigs. Oh, and Koil, I’m pretty sure that the quests that Hroll will give you are enough to keep you in line.”

Hroll: “Here’s the clothing.”

Nagi: “This, is Hroll. He will be your Commanding Officer from now on. Anything else you’d like to ask me before I teach you PMT?”

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

“Why did you think it was a good idea to let Koil be a warrior?

Flag Post

Vorem
I walk over to where the group is standing, and sit on a rock.
I make a mental note to keep an eye on Koli. It may sound like a joke now, but jokes can often reveal much about the man who says them.

Flag Post

Info

Nagi: “Well, I’m not exactly the person to ask if you want to know, because I don’t handle affairs such as training and whatnot. Now, I will teach you the art of PMT.”

Nagi: PMT means Psychic Mind Telecommunication. PMT occurs when a Warrior sends a mental message to another Warrior by picturing a tunnel-like magical path to the Warrior that he/she wishes to speak to.”

Nagi: “I’m pretty confident that you all have had at least a little bit of magical training. That will be sufficient enough to use PMT. If any of you have forgotten, the heart is the magical core, and the brain is the magical shaping center. Now, use the method I have taught you to send a short PMT to me.”

Flag Post

Vorem
I send a short message that says "What next?’ to the guy, not even moving from my rockchair.

Flag Post

Koil Ardor
“I sent a message to Vorem saying you are next*.
I think I am gonna like this.

Flag Post

OOC:
You couldn’t have heard Vorem talking because he WASN’T TALKING TO YOU. LRN2RP.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I send a message to Nagi saying “let’s go on with this already!”

[]

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
Okay, let’s see… how about that Helena girl? I bet I could come up with something really raunchy to say to her…
Hey there, Helena. Wwanna fill buckets wwith me?
…wow. What the fuck was that nonsense, Eridan? And Jesus, my stutter even goes through mental communications… that’s just messed up.

Flag Post

William I wave away the clothing Hroll offers, instead using my magic to dry myself.
“Wonderful. We’re here ten minutes and already we’ve learned something useful” I send a message to Eridan: “This is starting to pay off already. Almost worth losing our boat.”

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

I send a message to Nagi. “I don’t even know why some of these people passed training. Can we continue?”

Flag Post

Info

Nagi: “Alright, so you all know how to PMT. You may not have sent the message well, but it will improve over time.”

Hroll: “Now everyone, I want you to listen carefully. Nagi and I will be at the Academy Building, which is a hundred kilometers west of this location. I want you nine to venture there on foot, and we will meet you there. Along the way, there will be dangers, such as monsters and enemy societies. I hope you can do this task fairly easy, because this will be very easy compared to the next tasks I want you to do. See you there.”

Hroll and Nagi magically disappear.

Flag Post

Helena

Before walking away, I turn to Eridan.
“Not a chance in the world, although your stuttering problem is kind of cute.”
Realizing the clothes in my hand would fit under my armor, I spot a secluded area surrounded by trees. I’d wait until everyone else took off, then go back there to change.