Island of Avarona [RP Game] page 4

271 posts

Flag Post

Info

The scriptures remain the same. A bird chirps by in the distance.

Flag Post

William “Bah. What we need to do is enter the temple. who’s with me?”
[]

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

“Not me. This place isn’t natural. We should keep going to the academy.” I take out my axe and cautiously step away from the ruins. “I’m telling you, there’s something just wrong about this place.”

[]

Flag Post

William “Alright, who wants to investigate the temple, who wants to peg it?”
[]

Flag Post

Petition signed.

Vorem
I walk over to the mouth of the temple.

“Danger’s always fun. I’ll explore into the temple.’

Flag Post

Petition signed
Vinyl
“I say we go in head first!” I shout as I charge in.

Flag Post

Alright, I will consider it.

Info

Vorem and Vinyl were the first to enter the temple. The walls were covered with even more scriptures, and there were eight obelisks surrounding a slightly raised octagon platform. At the end of the temple lied eighteen candles on three rows, with six candles on each row. All the scriptures were illegible, except for one line, which was carved in modern Scripton*.

“I protect the island.”

*Scripton, the written language of this RP.

Flag Post

Helena

“Count me in.”
My hand reaches behind my back and draws the sword. One could never be too careful, especially in unknown territory.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I ignore the warning and keep charging in, spear in my left hand, shield in the other.

Flag Post

James
Well I guess I should follow them. I pull an arrow out of my quiver just in case. I take a look inside the temple before cautiously walking inside. Now here’s hoping that the entrance doesn’t close behind me. That’s usually the sign that this was all a huge trap.

Flag Post

Vorem
I follow Vinyl, sticking to the sides and the shadows.

Flag Post

Info

As James enters the ruins with his teammates, a candle falls from the third row. A whispering voice echoes through the temple.

“I protect the island.”

The octagon-shaped platform slightly raises.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I keep on running forward.

Flag Post

Nathaniel Sye
Unfriendly fingers reach out and brush me.

“Black magic around. Probably something designed to activate when someone enters the temple, tries to read the scriptures or something. Anyone who knows even the slightest bit of magic, get ready. Black magic usually strikes magic users first. Put up force shields, prepare counter-spell, cast a cloak of invisibility so the spell doesn’t detect you.”

Flag Post

Koil Ardor
Wath is happening!!?

Flag Post

Info

Magic warps around the temple, energized to the point of visibility. The whispering echoes once more, but is less understandable. One of the obelisks around the octagon platform lowers to the ground.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I actually stop charging forward and put myself in a battle stance.

Flag Post

Koil Ardor
Does anyone know wath this means? If not I guess we gotta prepare for the worse.
I take my sword up ready to fight anything that might be coming.

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
Well, because I’m not a complete idiot, I’ve decided to stay outside the weird temple place, rather than blundering into what is probably a deadly trap-type place set up specifically for this occasion. I’d call to the other to get their stupid behinds out of there, but I doubt they’d listen to me. Like as not, though, I’m probably going to get forced into the temple regardless, through some random coincidence or something; that being said, I pull my wand from its holster and remain on guard outside the temple’s entrance.

Flag Post

William (just to make this clear, I suggested going in but never did.) “Who are you?” I call to the strange voice declaring itself the guardian of this place. “We mean no harm. Who are you?”
[]

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

“Eridan, guess we have to make sure nothing sneaks up on the others. Keep your eyes open.” I stay outside too. I don’t trust this place. I yell inside, “Guys! What’s going on in there? What’s that light?” I raise my axe and look back at Eridan. “Think we should go in?”

[]

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
‘Okay, look. You just fuckin’ said that wwe should stay outside and guard the others in the wweird death temple. Regardless, I’m not goin’ in that place. Like, come on, wwhy’d eweryone else hawe to go in either? It wwasn’t doin’ anythin’ to us, so wwhy did wwe need to say “oh, let’s fuckin’ enter the building like FUCKIN’ IDIOTS!”’ The last words are yelled at the group in the temple. That should show that I’m expressing some goddamn displeasure.

Flag Post

Vorem
Even from inside the temple, I can hear a scream of "FUCKIN’ IDIOTS’. Someone might be dead when we get out.
I draw my sabre, take a defensive stance, and lightly brush my fingers along the obelisk, trying to see if I can understand any of it.
“Black Mage, come over here. Can you translate any of this?’ I ask, knowing I probably won’t be able to.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Hey, Fuck you too!” I shout back at he person shouting frOm he outside.

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

I punch Eridan in the arm, causing him to drop his wand. “Hey, entering the temple probably wasn’t the smartest move on their part, but that doesn’t deserve calling them idiots.” I kick his wand into the temple. “Come on, you magical bastard. I’m not being a coward. I going in and making you come with me.” I raise my axe menacingly, and walk into the temple grabbing his wand on the way past it. “Want it back? Then come on, I’m not being left out here to be killed. Trust me, there’s something wrong here, and staying outside is more likely to get us killed than going in. Think about it, who would you kill first? The stronger and larger group, or the smaller, therefore weaker group standing a distance away?”