Island of Avarona [RP Game] page 5

271 posts

Flag Post

James
Okay, I really don’t like this place. I hadn’t exactly gone far into the temple before the octogon thing rose out of the ground, so I start slowly backing up to the entrance. If this is black magic something tells me it isn’t something I want to mess with. I put the arrow I got out into the bow, but I don’t pull back the string just yet. Having a wand would help if I need magic, but I guess I’ll just go without it. Now lets hope the guy protecting this island isn’t really big and powerful and doesn’t want to kill me.

Flag Post

Info

Gusts of air started blowing around, even inside the temple.

BEGONE!”

The temple emitted a huge aura of lightning that struck everyone in it and ultimately killed them.

It wasn’t long until the octagon-shaped platform started raising, and stopped at (aprox.) 6.5 feet. It then suddenly broke apart, and then the rubble formed a large, towering earth golem.

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE…”

All the available exits sealed with ancient stone.

Flag Post

Helena

“Damn, look at the size of that thing!”
I back up a few steps, not wanting to come into contact with any of the leftover rock.
“I’m obviously no mage, so I’ll let those of you who are handle this one.”

Flag Post

Vinyl
I shout a battlecry and start charging the golem, “Come on guys, we can do this!” I say throwing a javelin at it following it up with my spear in my left hand.

Flag Post

Vorem
I back up a step, searching for the ancient word of life inscribed somewhere on or in its head. It will die if we pull that out, and only by that, but how to get to it?
I suddenly appreciate my schooling in Golems.

Flag Post

(this is deja vu for me in another forum XD)
Koil Ardor
Holy shit we must kill it.
I charge at the golem with my swords and hit him but didnt deal any damage.
I dont think weapons can hurt it.

Flag Post

WilliamAGH! BLOODY BALEFIRE!” (magus swearword) I poke Vorem. “What magic can destroy it?”

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
Well, having still been considering my options outside the temple when it locked itself up, I am now trapped outside the place, totally wandless. Fucking asshole kicked it in there… damn it all. I suppose I’d have to go in now, except the DAMN TEMPLE LOCKED ITSELF WITH ME OUTSIDE. If Chris gets out alive, I’m going to have words with him.

Flag Post

(Yeah I remember that sirasa, nice.)
Chris Marshall

“Oh great, you guys pissed off a rock golem, good job. Now we should focus on dodging it’s attacks until we find it’s life source. Vorem? Do be of help and find that source.” I run behind one of the pillars for cover and attempt to PMT Nagi.

Flag Post

William I turn to McAmprey. “Damnit, McAmprey! You studied how magic worked, right? How do Golems work?”
[]

Flag Post

[wiiwonder, BCLEGENDS’ character is still outside]

Flag Post

(so is mine.)

Flag Post

Vorem
The Golem advances forwards.
I suddenly see a little bit of paper sticking out of the back of it’s head. Bingo. Without warning, I charge at the Golem, stabbing my Sabre into it’s stomach, distracting it and allowing me to use it as a platform, jumping on the handle, grabbing it’s rough shoulder, and vaulting onto the back of it’s head. Before it can react, I rip out the piece of paper, tear it in half, and jump off the falling, lifeless Golem. I draw my Sabre from it’s lifeless corpse and spin it into my sheath.
“And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to deal with Golems. Now, let’s get back to this obelisk.”

(Killing a Golem simply requires pulling out the magic that animates it, a slip of paper with a magic word for life written on it in his head. Vorem knew that, so killing it was easy.)

Flag Post

[Then how did you see the golem?]
Chris Marshall

“Good job, now to get out of here. If any of you can contact Nagi, that would be great. Until then, we have to sit here until the doors open.”

[]

Flag Post

[Firespread, I’m claming godmod. It’s obviously supposed to be a boss or something, so killing it in one post without permission from the host is probably a dick move.]

[Due to Firespread’s probable godmod, I will not do anything until the host arrives and fixes things, because that would screw up the canon.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

[Firespread, I’m claming godmod. It’s obviously supposed to be a boss or something, so killing it in one post without permission from the host is probably a dick move.]

(I doubt the first opponent we face was a boss. Golems are usually pretty easy foes, and just knowing where to kill them makes them really easy to kill. If you want to call godmod, fine, but I can’t see it in my post.)

Flag Post

Oops, had forgotten to post yesterday.

The golem fell apart to the ground. The octagon platform reformed,and on top of it lay a book, titled “Book of Hermits”.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I quickly snatch the book and open it.

Flag Post

Eridan McAmprey
‘Wwell, Wwilliam, the golems usually hawe some form of power source, like a piece a’ paper wwith instructions on it, or the magical wword or rune for “life” wwritten on the paper. If you just remowe the paper…’ .
I am interrupted by the successful-sounding voice of Vorem.
‘…it collapses. Any more questions, o student?’ .

Flag Post

Koil Ardor
I guess I should say good job?

Flag Post

[Hey sirasa, the Book of Hermits. It’s back.]
Chris Marshall

“Vinyl, give me the book. It’s not a good idea to open something that came out of something that was trying to kill us. We should give it to Nagi.” I lower my axe and step towards Vinyl.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Just hold up a tick, I just want a peek.” I say before walking a little away from him as I opened the book.

Flag Post

Chris Marshall

I lift my axe up a bit. “Vinyl, give. Me. The. Book.”

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Dude, calm down.” I say as I read the book.

Flag Post

Vorem
I step towards Vinyl.
“Vinyl, put the book down. Now.’