Burn Down Village Huts - Mafia (End-game) (locked)

246 posts

Flag Post

Burn Down Village Huts – Mafia

Welcome to Burn Down Village Huts, a mafia. I’ve noticed quite a few Nightless Vanilla type games, but I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a Mountainous. As such, I decided to host one as it’s simple to host and relatively balanced. As this is my first time hosting a mafia, feel free to point out any mistakes that I’ve made in the OP or comment on something.

Roles

Peasant x12: Just an ordinary peasant, the Peasant’s only abilities are to vote for a lynch during day and hope and pray for survival at night.
Win Condition: Lynch all the Village Idiots.
Lose Condition: Die or allow the Village Idiots to fufill their Win Condition.

Village Idiot x2: Once a simple peasant, the Village Idiot has since discovered the wonders of fire. He retains his ability to vote, but also receives a factional NK. The Village Idiots know each other and may communicate during the night to decide whose home to set on fire, killing the target.
Win Condition: Have a number of Village Idiots equal to the number of Peasants.
Lose Condition: Die.

Flag Post

Rules

Note: These rules were shamelessly ripped off of Bluji, with some alterations, grammar changes to fit my style, and additions. Please drown him in elephants or give him a gift as thanks, whichever one he prefers. As alterations and additions have been made, I suggest you read them even if you have played one of Bluji’s mafias.

1. Votes and unvotes must be in bold, like this: vote [insert username]. In the event of changing votes to a new target, you must first unvote before you revote. Note that votes that don’t follow this rule will probably be ignored.

2. Discussion about this game must be contained inside of this thread, unless stated by the role PM. In most cases, role PM’s that allow communication will restrict you to certain people and to using PM’s; these limits must be followed.

3. Dead people lose their ability to speak, only managing to utter out some dying words as one “Bah” post directly after their death. This post may not contain any information relating to the game.

4. Night actions are all optional, but please PM me stating your hatred towards the use of night actions even if you don’t plan to use it. If you know that you will be gone during the night phase, your action can be PMed to me during the corresponding day phase.

5. Days end after about 48 hours, but only if a majority of the town is voting. If this majority is not reached, 24 extra hours will be added to the final deadline.

6. Nights last about 24 hours. If all actions are submitted, the night will end directly afterwards.

7. Ties in the votes are resolved by lynching the person who got the most votes the quickest.

8. During day, players are allowed to vote for a No Lynch. Players may not vote themselves.

9. If you aren’t a part of the game, please don’t post in the thread.

10. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

11. I trust that none of you would be despicable enough to use alts, but alts are strictly forbidden.

12. Don’t be inactive without a good reason; excessive inactivity would make me depressed enough to replace or modkill you. Before I resort to such measures, warnings will be posted in-thread and sent by PM. Whether or not you’re inactive will be left to my personal judgment and common sense. If you play the game actively and dedicatedly, you have nothing to worry about. If you happen to have a reason for inactivity, please PM me before you go into the inactive.

13. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages is highly prohibited. Claims are fine, but quoting or “exchanging a few words for synonyms” is forbidden.

14. Do not post any pictures. This isn’t the General Thread or Spamville. Similarly, try to keep spam to a minimum.

15. This is not a rule, but a personal preference. Please post using grammar so that your posts will be decipherable by both me and other players. It really means a lot to me.

16. Dead members on the winning team can still receive wins if I deem their efforts as worthy. This means that they must be active and that they must play well. To eliminate any bias on my part, I’ll also allow people to argue that they deserve a win and for others to support them.

17. Any breaking of the rules, especially 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, and 13, will result in a mod action. This may mean modkill or temporary or permanent ban from my games.

Flag Post

Player List
1. SilverEvil Peasant lynched on Day 1
2. Woon1957 Peasant NKed on Night 3
3. GotterakaThing Peasant
4. JaumeBG Peasant NKed on Night 2
5. CowFriend Village Idiot
6. REALinsanemonkey Peasant
7. ilovekirby12 (Replaced arkenarken) Peasant lynched on Day 3
8. Hyped Peasant modkilled on Day 3
9. helltank Peasant lynched on Day 2
10. DragonArcherZ Peasant NKed on Night 1
11. Jaskaran2000 Peasant lynched on Day 4
12. TwistedCakez Peasant modkilled on Day 4
13. AdeebNafees Peasant NKed on Night 4
14. Bluji Village Idiot

Reserves

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

Sign

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign sign sign

Edit: GAEM NUT FAIR, VI SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIN BY ACTING LIKE A RETARD

So seriously, VI wins if the game’s left with only two peasants, right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Sign sign sign

Edit: GAEM NUT FAIR, VI SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIN BY ACTING LIKE A RETARD

So seriously, VI wins if the game’s left with only two peasants, right?

If there’s one VI, they win with one peasant left. If there’s two, they win with two peasants left. Naming the scum VI makes this somewhat entertaining for me :P.

Flag Post

[SIGN]

Flag Post

Insert gibberish here to emphasize on my happiness.

Sign

Flag Post

What is a Mountainous?

Sign

Also, can you change the lose condition for peasants so that they only lose if VI win? Most mafias make it so that you can win the game even if you’re dead, as long as your team wins. That way, spectacular sacrifices and reckless gambits can be carried out, making the game more fun. (eg. get a townie to display all doctor tells. Have second townie start a bandwagon on the decoy doctor. Mafia jump on it immediately. Rest of players lynch everyone on the bandwagon. The decoy doctor will die, but he will win.)

Flag Post

What is a Mountainous?

It’s a mafia set-up with no townie power-roles. I only know this because I’m a perfectionist, and therefore, I can’t start something without prior research and dissection of statistics.

Most mafias make it so that you can win the game even if you’re dead, as long as your team wins.

If I remember correctly, most mafias here only give wins out to the survivors, which I’m not planning to do. I’m also not planning to hand out wins to the entire team, as the idea sort of bothers me.

What I’m doing is a middle ground, which I probably should have mentioned. Of the winning team, all survivors will win. If I feel that they did a good enough job, I’ll also reward wins to some of the dead people (hopefully, this will encourage more activity). And so that I don’t monopolize the wins, I’ll also allow people to win based on popular voting. Note that only the winning team is allowed wins.

I probably should have included this in the rules; I knew I was missing something. Any comments on this system or objections?

reckless gambits can be carried out

This would be beneficial to my own entertainment, but not for the town.

get a townie to display all doctor tells. Have second townie start a bandwagon on the decoy doctor. Mafia jump on it immediately. Rest of players lynch everyone on the bandwagon. The decoy doctor will die, but he will win.

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing this working in an actual game. The problem with gambits is that the only one who knows about the gambit is the one who starts it. There are the possibilities that town would be completely confused by his plan and the fact that voting someone suspicious with legitimate reasons doesn’t make a person mafia, even if the dead person turns out as town.

Edit: See rule 16 for the wins system. I decided not to use votes, as I can’t decide on a proper and reasonable system for that because there’s no guarantee that everyone would vote. Instead, a debate type system will be used.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

That gambit doesn’t work unless you have a PM conspiracy, I was just using it as an example,.

Flag Post

Sign

Link to my profile for easy use: http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Jaskaran2000

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Sign

Link to my profile for easy use: http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Jaskaran2000

we can just click your name on your post to go to your profile.

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Sign

we can just click your name on your post to go to your profile.

>Scroll down
>See post saying “Sign”
>Going to my profile
>Wait till it loads
>Copy URL
>Come back.

Other situation where I post my URL:

>Scroll down
>See post saying “Sign” and has prof. link
>Copy link

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Sign.

Flag Post

>Right click name
>Copy link address

Flag Post

Sign, if possible. I’d hate to miss out on a mafia like this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Sign, if possible. I’d hate to miss out on a mafia like this.

On a dev359 maf, that is.

Flag Post

An extra peasant has been added to incorporate Bluji without disturbing the game’s balance (it might even be more balanced, but that’s another story).

Roles are now being sent out. Please do not start voting or playing until I announce the start of Day 1. Anybody who signs up from here on will be added to a reserves list.

Flag Post

Barrel Roll confirmed.