The Convention of Characters[Post-Game Discussion]

130 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Clock.

Flag Post

Today is the first Convention of Characters. All the characters invited there are excited. They march into the house, look around, have a peek. The door swings close. It does not open again. It soon becomes clear that the house is a deathtrap, for there is a murderer killing them all one by one.
The annoying thing is, most of them have the power to smash down the door, but the power of Plot Device means they can never get out of the house. But that’s the price you pay for being a character.
-
For those not “in the know”(shame on you), the Convention of Characters is an annual meeting of characters from various games in FGF. If it is still confusing, read the role list and everything will become clear.
Maybe.
-
ALEx
The pinnacle of technology, ALEx, who is a self-improving robot(a WISP) had his brief life cut short in an incident involving a bank, a shotgun and gratuitous use of the Short Circuit ability. His violent tendencies means that he knows a lot about combat and is able to survive one night kill.

Sir Courtney Penrose
Widely known as the man who went insane in his quest for the Master Crystal, Sir Courtney Penrose still rules Australia with an iron fist. His diplomatic wrangling means he convinced everyone to let him have two votes, the manipulative bastard.

Netherlance Fear
The third leader of the Unbelieve has by far overshadowed the first two, whose names are lost to the sands of time(incidentally, they were Zephyr and Skybolt). He was officially declared a martyr by the Unbelieve after he sacrificed himself to take Nightmare Prime downtown. He can use the Dream Catcher to fuse his dreams with others and therefore probe their minds. He likes to use this trick to discover the identities of others.

Koil Ardor
Recently evicted from the Island of Avarona for being a douchebag, this nasty piece of work stole a CoC invitation from Ros of Darkspell. If he gets killed at CoC, it will just prove that karma’s a bitch. Though an asshole he may be, Koil Ardor was trained well by the Warriors, and as such, he can choose to guard one person every night, using his skill as a swordsman to ward of the killer.

However, due to Koil Ardor being Koil Ardor, he refuses to protect the same person on two consecutive nights. I’m not sure why he refuses to do so, but every time I bring it up he just mumbles something about balancing the game and someone called AdeebNafees.

Lynchmeister
He’s an idiot who has a deep love of lynching. He hails from the town of Lynch and used to be a killer, but has since turned over a new leaf. For some perverted reason, he gets a kick out of locking people’s doors at night so they can’t go out and do their night stuff.

To avoid suspicion, he always locks different people’s doors, and never locks the same guy’s door two nights in a row.

Minnakhsmobster(x6)
They used to be innocent playing cards which liked mobbing other innocent playing cards. The other Warcards were only too glad to let them attend the Convention of Characters. Something they didn’t realize was that they only had great power when in playing card form. When they posessed physical bodies, they lost the use of all their old abilities, so all they can do is vote.

Super Werewolf
He is the one that is slowly killing off all the other characters. He used to reside in Super Werewolf, a game named after him, but left in pure awe when he realized the true brilliance of the Vigilante’s plan to get himself lynched. He can hunt down people and Texas Chainsaw Massacre them every night. Only one guy per night, though.

Flag Post

Signs
1)Jaskaran2000
2)arkenarken
3)Woon1957
4)REALinsanemonkey
5)AdeebNafees
6)ocelot
7)SilverEvil
8)CowFriend
9)JaumeBG
10)GotterakaThing
11)Sierrasama
12)TwistedCakez

Flag Post

Bump. The mafia has now been updated.

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post
FGF Guidelines:

6. Don’t bump

I is disappoint, helltank.

Sign.

Flag Post

Everyone has bumped at one point or other.

Flag Post

[SIGN]

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Everyone has bumped at one point or other.

Not me(at least on FGF).

Flag Post

Ignsay.

Flag Post

Sing.

Flag Post

Seems like a Cop claim D1 is the way to go with this mafia.

Cop roleclaims D1, and all Townies claim.

1) SW pulls a Cop claim gambit.
1) > SW gets lynched next day
2) SW claims Townie. All named roles are completely safe.
2) a) Follow the Cop occurs. Doc protects Cop everyday, while SW must relentlessly hunt the Doc.
2) a) > SW is borked, bigtime. 3 investigations enough to reveal him, while good chance of being blocked by stupid Roleblocker.
2) b) Follow the Cop occurs, with Doc protection and Bulletproof Townie drops massive doctells.
2) b) > SW has even more chance of being borked.
3) SW doesn’t bother claiming.
3) > Gets lynched for inactivity

If you want to solve the problem, simply preventing the Doc from protecting the same person on consecutive nights balances the setup.

Sign if Follow the Cop is prevented as above. Also, maybe you should get a better ruleset JIC.

Flag Post

BTW Helltank, most people from six hours ago are either:

BRITAIN: Getting ready for work/school/occupations of said day.

AMERICA: Asleep, it would have been around midnight for them I think.

MAINLAND EUROPE: Already at work or otherwise occupied.

ASIA: Already at work or otherwise occupied – Returning from work – Checking FGF/ Leisure time.

AUSTRALASIA: Checking FGF/Leisure time – Going back to bed.

Therefore: You really didn’t have to bump it, we are blessed with a wide variety of time zones which means you should probably wait until either 12-24 hours have passed before expecting activity at such times of day.

Anyways… Sign

Hoping for my old insane Australian friend.

Hopefully his second vote is PM’d to you and announced anonymously as Sir Courtney Penrose.

Flag Post

Sign of Evil

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

Hoping for my old insane Australian friend.

Is that me?

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

{ Sign. I hope I don’t screw up. Tips are nice. }

Flag Post

AMERICA: Asleep, it would have been around midnight for them I think.

True

Also

Originally posted by arkenarken:

[SIGN]

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

Sign if possible, for biased reasons. I would correct the spelling of Minn’s name if I were you :P.

Flag Post

I think all spots were just filled…
Devourer you just made it in.

Flag Post

Spelling Minnakhtsmobster incorrectly is a tribute to Warcards in and of itself. Also, I hate the damn thing. They whacked all my Straitjackets.

Adeeb, Doc can now no longer protect one guy two nights in a row. Same with roleblocker, he can’t block one guy two nights in a row.

ilovekirby and devourer, sorry, but you guys signed too late. To preserve game balance I have to leave you out.

Flag Post

Spelling Minnakhtsmobster incorrectly is a tribute to Warcards in and of itself.

I was half-expecting this; even I confused them multiple times :/.

To preserve game balance I have to leave you out.

No problem.