Confirm k.

Flag Post

Fried corn.

Flag Post

[CONFIRMED]

Flag Post

Conrolefirmed

Flag Post

Can someone get the ball rolling? All we’ve had so far was confirms.

Flag Post

FoS everyone.

Flag Post

Confirmed.

FoS RIM

Flag Post

WHY? Jesus. If you’re suspicious of someone say WHY you think they are suspicious; merely stating it is of futile use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

WHY? Jesus. If you’re suspicious of someone say WHY you think they are suspicious; merely stating it is of futile use.

becoz he be bad purson and fos me when i be gud person and not have bad roll D:

Flag Post

Confirmed

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

FoS everyone.

Because I seriously have no idea who is who and so I can’t cross anyone off the suspicious list just yet.

Flag Post
Because I seriously have no idea who is who and so I can’t cross anyone off the suspicious list just yet.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Flag Post

Jask, not necessarily. There is a school of thought that says guilty until proven innocent. There is a third school of thought that says guilty until proven innocent. If proven innocent, it’s a godfather/paranoid cop/insane cop/bastard mod giving out false info.

Still, policy lynching RIM to get discussion started and because he’s playing noobishly is not a bad idea.

Flag Post

Role Confirmed

Jesus. If you’re suspicious of someone say WHY you think they are suspicious; merely stating it is of futile use.

This. Though I believe this game is still in the “joke phase”, when everyone just randomly says random stuff and points meaningless fingers at others. It usually lasts until someone makes a scumslip, and then the game progresses in one of the million ways it possibly can.

While I don’t want to argue with the GM, since he did mention it:

Still, policy lynching RIM to get discussion started and because he’s playing noobishly is not a bad idea.

Policy lynching is only a valid strategy when someone is apparently quite brain dead, or seems to be an obstruction to discussion (flaring up against anyone with votes and FoS’s for expressing a benign opinion, kicking up a massive shindy for no comprehensible reason, voting someone meaninglessly outside of the joke phase etc. etc.). The most important characteristic of policy lynching is that it USUALLY doesn’t help town, as the person lynched is almost DEFINITELY town, so lynching them is like throwing away a day phase.

Also, normally, lynching VIs is an abysmally stupid idea. They are useful as meatshields.

With that out of the way, what’s the most effective topic starter in D1, in your opinion? I have often found these pretty little surveys quite effective in injecting some life into a dead topic (and before anyone goes “Corrupted!” in a decidedly ominous voice, I will have you know that even though I was scum there, I deserve some kudos nevertheless for conducting CPR on the dead topic full of lurkers).

1) How much experience regarding mafias would you say you have, both on this site and out of it?
2) What’s your timezone?
3) What do you think of helltank’s ideas regarding policy lynching?
4) “Innocent until proven guilty”, or “Guilty until proven innocent”? Why, even if neither?
5) Scumtells, scumtells. D1, what is the most “convincing” scumtell, in your opinion?
6) Would you consider NL D1, with all the power roles available?
7) Do you think this survey is a good discussion starter? Whatever the answer, would you include any other questions in it? What would that question be?

My answers:

1) Quite a bit on this site, and a wee bit in another random site that I used to go to. Eerily familiar, eh?
2) BST, or GMT +6
3) See above.
4) Innocent until proven guilty. There are too many pro-town roles in this game to consider multiple people as scum, so the most logical answer seems to be a combination of elimination and suspicion, with suspicion being the most important step due the ability of the scum role to NK.
5) Not very sure. There isn’t any specific criteria for scum D1, and the few tells that suggest themselves to me are equally weighted.
6) Not really. NL stagnates discussion D2, unless the suggestion of it causes enough ruckus to cause discussion. I’d say it is risky enough to avoid, though. Since the number of scum is very low, discussion is the best way to identify scum.
7) I myself have no problem with it.

Flag Post

1) I sign up to as many mafias as I can on Kongregate; I’ve probably played 50+ and won about 10 or so. On other sites I have played but do not do so anymore as I do not find them as enjoyable as on this websites. In terms of real life mafias, whilst those being the best, they rarely occur and it’s been about ten months since my last real life mafia.
2) UTC+12, although from 30 September it’ll be UTC+13 because of daylight savings.
3) I believe it rapidly creates a mob mentality and easily drives towards bandwagoning. In some mafias I have seen and played, players bandwagon every day but do pretty much nothing in terms of getting rid of the bad guys.
4) The first. The second one leads to people screenshotting their role or lieing—both of which piss Jaume off.
5) I don’t even know what that means.
6) And I don’t know what NL stands for here.
7) I guess it’s an alright survey, though it is basically more about the process of mafias rather than discussion of who could be the mafia in this game. But then again, it is the first day so we have little to no evidence in anyone’s favour or otherwise.

Flag Post

NL stands for “No Lynch”, meaning nothing happens on that day.

I’m the host, but I figure it wouldn’t be a bad idea to complete the survey.

1)I have lots of experience with mafias on this site. I signed up for one mafia on mafiascum.net but promptly went inactive.
2)Singapore, I think it’s GMT+8
3)I’m biased on this count, but I will say that Adeeb’s ideas make sense. I will also say that VIs can hurt the town, because their vote is often way off mark. For example, say you’re in a 3 person endgame. One Serial Killer, one Mafioso and one Townie. And say the VI is the SK. Statistically, this is a win for townie, but the VI screwed up and targeted you instead of the Mafioso(which is the statistically best option). Then the Mafia would win instead of the Town.
4)Actually, I assess each person based on a sliding scale of 1-5, where 1 is Confirmed Town and 5 is Confirmed Scum. Everyone starts at 3. A scumtell gets you plus 0.5 points. Evidence(such as cop investigations) gets you 1 point. 4.5 is the point where I vote someone, excluding RNGs and jokevotes. You get points minused off by helping to keep discussion alive, exposing several mafia members with clever gambits etc. etc.
5)Bandwagoning. Most scum have the temptation to hop on the first bandwagon they see on D1, hoping for an “easy” townie mislynch. Also, badly pulled of bussing/distancing. It’s funny how one player suddenly screams accusation of mafia at another with no apparent reason. At that point I just post “bussing” in the thread and they both get lynched.
6)NL gets you no info whatsoever, and come D2 you’re in the same situation, except that one more townie is dead due to NK. Roleflips are one of the biggest sources of info the town has, which is why I find games in which roleflips are made private very annoying(such as in SW. Luckily, as the Vigilante I received all roleflips. Townies didn’t, though.)
7)Why not?

EDIT:SecretsofSorrow has kindly informed me that Singapore is GMT+8, not +4.

Flag Post

{ 0_o Text walls! Anyways, confirmed. }

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sierrasama:

You haven’t seen real text walls.

Flag Post

a game with adeeb is sure to have millions of text walls.

Flag Post

YOU THINK THOSE ARE TEXT WALLS?

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING NAIVE PADAWAN

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Flag Post

{ … I is slightly scared with all those responses…. 0.o" Adeeb makes lots of text walls? DX I’m stuck skimming; I have school in the mornings. I’m not reading those. XP }

Flag Post

1) None except for one mafia by JaumeBG(on kongregate), which I was lynched in day 1, mainly because I acted like a retard. Never really been to a site which plays a mafia on it.

2) GMT +5:30, why do you ask, do you plan to stalk me? You ass D:

3) They’re bad, nothing else.

4) “Innocent until proven guilty”, as I said earlier even before your post. You can’t just go around your walkway suspecting your neighbor is a killer, “That man who is in a car is a killer”(well you can but w/e) and mainly because I don’t want anyone who was innocent to be punished because he wasn’t proved guilty.

5) None which is the most convincing.

6) No idea what NL means so yeah.

7) Yeah. Yeah. Y U NO USE FULL FORMS?

Flag Post

Not just Adeeb. If I was a player in this mafia, you could expect some serious walls from me coming your way. And veterans like Bluji or Jaume are no jokers at the Art of Text Wall either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Not just Adeeb. If I was a player in this mafia, you could expect some serious walls from me coming your way. And veterans like Bluji or Jaume are no jokers at the Art of Text Wall either.

{ You know, I think I like FGF. }

Flag Post

Can we get some discussion started around here?