[Mafia] ytIVitca // GAME OVER! Congratulations... page 5 (locked)

414 posts

Flag Post

AN, I mean that everything that you wanted to be explained would’ve been obvious if you throughly read all posts. That took 15-30 minutes for me, it isn’t that hard.

But, I’ll explain all of them.

arken listed 3 possibilities about djrockstar, and dj voted arken because he acted like a VI or SI would do. And BC couldn’t quote all reasons, I guess.

Related, I wonder how you drew that conclusion, since your post only comments on posts from 3/6 people that have posted so far, with the bit against NL saying virtually nothing regarding the game and I admit that I don’t even know what your bit regarding me has to do with anything. I’d like more posts from you to clear that up if possible.

I only quoted things that suspicious, IMO.

Which part made you think that?

These:

Explain, please.

Explain, please.

Er, what? AKA explain please.

Explain how.

Quote those reasons, please.

I could answer these questions in minutes.

Flag Post

Confirmed.

ITT: People being butthurt about getting voted after posting a joke vote.

Flag Post

Answer them, then, please. -Whatanwouldsay

Flag Post

Finger of Suspicion: Hamuka
For attempting to avoid interrogation. This is what got me killed in Yti3.

Flag Post

I confirm.
Vote: [arkenarken]
Reason(s): He seems not so much like scum, but he votes for people for simply insulting or being suspicious of him. I would NL, but I dont think Arken is cheery enough to be either a mime or a jester.

Flag Post

inb4 arken is a jester and wins the game on day 1.

Jesters are kind of annoying to deal with if they’re in the game (unless you’re the Jester), so honestly don’t know if people are just dumb or trying to get lynched to win.

Flag Post

Role Confirm. Bluji, y u nerf mai weakest role submission.

(Host)

I had already hoped we could skip this phase in my mafias.

Until we find something to replace the joke phase, it’s the only thing that can keep a mafia alive early on. That being said, “joke phase” is not synonymous with “spam phase”, and the joke phases now seem worse than they used to be. I don’t know; maybe I’m just grumpy recently.

(Taiboss)

It’s day 1. We have no knowledge on who is evil and who is good.

No. I know that an argument against this has been mentioned already, but I just feel the need to comment on how annoying this stigma is. There’s also no point in voting NL, as if no votes pop up, NL will happen automatically.

(djrockstar)

Even though it looks like Jaskaran just hopped onto the bandwagon, I will not vote him

One vote is not a bandwagon; in addition, bandwagons are not always suspicious. Why would you find someone suspicious for agreeing with you? Is this some sort of crappy, horribly executed gambit?

(Jask)

Also, a FoS doesn’t really have any effect, you could just say “but he seems suspicious”, FoSes really are what I regard as useless.

What’s with the recent hate for FoS’s? Despite the current belief, FoS’s, from personal experience, really do add extra pressure to an attempt to interrogate scum. I honestly have had moments where I overreacted to a FoS and almost got myself killed as scum.

(djrockstar)

Yep, a dead VI is better than an alive VI, which is why I’m voting him.

I don’t think that arken has emitted any scumtells. A VI with no scumtells is a meatshield and extra townie that should be kept instead of wasting day. In addition, a VI with no scumtells has the possibility of being a jester or mime.

don’t really make sense and distract us(the distracting is why I considered he would be a burden)

It’s not distracting if you don’t let it distract you.

I was the first vote then he voted, its not a big wagon but its still something

That’s not a wagon.

(Jask)

I’ll just honestly place my bet on arken is scum, without any real evidence, but I am still doing it.

And that helps the town, how?

(djrockstar)

I’ll just honestly place my bet on Jaskaran2000 is scum, without any real evidence, but I am still doing it.

I assume that this is a joke.

(Jaskaran)

You’re trying to lynch dj out so (if you’re scum) you can NK me and the people who voted for you will be gone.

Because that would be such a wise decision for scum to make, especially against one vote with practically no substance (referring to the beginning of this).

You will come into suspicion but you’re planning on escaping it

You think that he’s behaving like an idiot, yet you think that he’s still smart enough to escape suspicion?

Oh, and would you please stop those annoying so-called "Action"s?

This. It’s spammy and annoying.

(hamuka)

No lynch = Giving mafia a free night = Bad. I learned the hard way.

Why do you feel the need to restate a point already stated?

A great mafia player like you, is too lazy to read though 2 pages? Seriously? I don’t think this is enough for a vote, but this is certainly suspicious. FoS AdeebNafees

I interpret it as him asking them to elaborate, which could reveal scum if they aren’t competent enough to respond correctly. He couldn’t have formed his text wall if he hadn’t read, now could he?

If you don’t have an IQ over 120, you will probably not understand it.

You mean understanding the stupidity of the post?

and you’re 10000000x more suspicious than anyone here, just so you know.

Stupidity makes him suspicious? If you’re trying to imply that he could be trying to fake a VI, he’s doing it horribly.

(AdeebNafees)

Arguably, lynching scum is better than lynching VIs by some amount of margin.

Horrible, horrible lies. Lynching VIs is always beneficial to town.

(DrMartian)

but I dont think Arken is cheery enough to be either a mime or a jester.

What makes you think that jesters have to be cheery? Elaborate on why you feel that arken is worth voting.

FoS Jask and DJ for neglecting to think about mimes and jesters, which could count as selective scumhunting, and for feeling that lynching arken, who they have admitted as displaying no real scumtells is a good idea. Further suspicion lies in Jask’s statement about voting arken:

I’ll just honestly place my bet on arken is scum, without any real evidence, but I am still doing it.

FoS Arken. While I am of the opinion that arken is a jester or mime, further scumtells may appear later in the game that would change my mind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

inb4 arken is a jester and wins the game on day 1.

Jesters are kind of annoying to deal with if they’re in the game (unless you’re the Jester), so honestly don’t know if people are just dumb or trying to get lynched to win.

And suddenly, the NK!Jester originally used in SBM sounds like a hilarious role for Bluji to include in EM3. I’m a bit curious about how someone would play that with a competent mod around (SBM doesn’t count since game balance went down the shitter right off the bat.)

Flag Post

And suddenly, the NK!

I don’t know, some mafia still continue even after the Jester wins. So it’s good and gives the townie another day to discuss if the scum decides to target Jester instead of other alliances.

Flag Post

In theory, the Lynch!Jester would keep town on their toes while the NK!Jester keeps scum on their toes. Mindgames all around.

Flag Post

Confirm.

So far:

Arkenarken is just OMGUSing every person he sees and trying to hammer dj so he doesn’t get lynched. (You can only lynch one person a die, so if dj gets lynched, he doesn’t).

Dj is also OMGUSing and is policy lynching arkenarken for not knowing about the joke phase. This sort of policy lynch has been done lots of times in mafia(eg. in Super Werewolf). He could be trying to use this, along with the precedent following it, to get an easy mislynch.

Everyone else is a null read for me.

Flag Post

(hamham)

These: (my italicized questions followed)

I believe you misunderstood me.

I am NOT asking arken what made him say that. I am asking him WHY he said that. My question DOES NOT relate with the game, but how he perceives mafia and its mechanics. As a new player, I want to at least get a feel of how arken plays before thinking anything. If he can’t explain himself, that might make me more suspicious than an explanation that I don’t personally believe in, but might actually be logical from some other, weird POV.

In other words, could you answer them as well, please, preferably from your POV? I admit that I’d like to know how you can say what arken would say about game mechanics. I haven’t really been paying a lot of attention to FGF due to exams and stuff, so chances are that you have joined a mafia with arken and got some insight on his playstyle, and genuinely meant that the answers should have basically suggested themselves to me.

(RB)

I might be missing something badly this time, but can you show me where hamham tries to avoid interrogation?

(devourer)

Until we find something to replace the joke phase, it’s the only thing that can keep a mafia alive early on. That being said, “joke phase” is not synonymous with “spam phase”, and the joke phases now seem worse than they used to be. I don’t know; maybe I’m just grumpy recently.

You aren’t the only one who thought that, you know. And I think the reason is that people are actually being more careful during the joke phase no matter what their alignment is (because they got lynched over something stupid they said in a joke phase and haven’t recovered yet).

Horrible, horrible lies. Lynching VIs is always beneficial to town.

Arguably.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Please sir, where do you see this?

Flag Post

Comfirm

Blu wai yu no giv meh plant role like I want?!?! :(

Flag Post

Vote Count 1.1

Bluji tried to get used to the darkness, the heavy darkness floating in the room, but it surrounded him so tightly he could barely breath. It was like a dream, no, not a dream, a nightmare to come true. But he was stuck to the chair while the twirling, dancing shadow artists gave him a terrifying show to watch.

(Voter / Voted)

SilverEvil / djrockstar
Taiboss / No Lynch
djrockstar / arkenarken
Jaskaran2000 / arkenarken
BCLEGENDS / djrockstar
arkenarken / djrockstar
hamuka / arkenarken

djrockstar (3) — got votes first
arkenarken (3) — got votes second
No Lynch (1)

You need nine votes to end the day tomorrow. You are at 7 votes. Keep the RPing and massive quotes away — instead, take everything out of the quote and only keep the "Originally posted by X" in to prevent massive page lengthening.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Please sir, where do you see this?

The end of hamuka’s most recent vote.
An excerpt from hamuka:

Which part made you think that?

These:

Explain, please.

Explain, please.

Explain how.

Namely, this. Lampshaded by Jask saying Adeeb would want Hamuka to answer them:
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Hell, Adeeb even asked that right before addressing my FoS!
An excerpt fromAdeebNafees:

In other words, could you answer them as well, please, preferably from your POV?

Flag Post

And that I gave you a variable PR.
Looking through stuff now.

Flag Post

I thought the PR part was my fault since I kept switching up my style without asking Bluji for specifics beforehand.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Okay.

From the above quotes, I do not think arkenarken will be any use to town and will in the end, end up as a burden, which is why I Vote arkenarken

Explain how.

His posts are no use to town in 90-100% of the situations due to their extreme stupidity (pardon for this). His useless RP “actions” and off-topic posts are halting town’s progress and make arguments, helping scum, and making him a burden for the town.

Confirm role. And, for previously stated reasons, I believe I’ll vote for djrockstar.

Now, the only reason was that dj wanted to start a joke phase, and arken deeply and truly misunderstood it. Here:

Originally posted by arkenarken:

[CONFIRMED]

Originally posted by djrockstar:
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

confirm

You have “Evil” in your name…Obvious scum
Vote SilverEvil

The is hardly a good reason. Vote: [djrockstar]

Reason: he had a bad reason for voting SilverEvil.

you are a noob scum and should be lynched.

Explain, please.

He may think that trying to policy lynch someone (especially himself) = being a noob scum.

you have come up with some plan and this helps you in someway.

Explain, please.

A second possibility could be that dj has made a plan about taking out arken and that plan helps him. (see also: Lyncher/Lynchee)

you are just joking and i have made a fool out of myself. (Most Likely situation).

The last possibility is that arken just misunderstood dj’s joke, made a fool out of himself, and made himself a target. (I also deem this the most possible one out of the three.)

Flag Post

Vote: [arkenarken] Also, when I said that arken isn’t cheery enough to be a jester or a mime, I meant that as humor because traditionally, jesters and mimes are cheerful and happy and joking in meatworld. I’m done with my post of the joke phase.

Flag Post

IT’S HAMMER TIME!

Vote:Arkenarken

One less VI for us to deal with, eh?

Flag Post

Devourer359

Because that would be such a wise decision for scum to make, especially against one vote with practically no substance (referring to the beginning of this).

Okay, fine, enough with your sarcasm, I guess that is a bit idiotic. However, every possibility should be considered, for mafia may use this same point to their advantage just because you have mentioned that it is stupid.

And that helps the town, how?

It helps it in such an obscure way, that you would never realize if I don’t tell you so, the way it helps the town is that it does nothing.

You think that he’s behaving like an idiot, yet you think that he’s still smart enough to escape suspicion?

If he has partners he can contact with, that could/would happen. So yes, I do think so however I do not think he is smart enough and it will be his partner’s(if any) intelligence.

Flag Post

I’m bored. There’s nothing more to discuss until host comes in and gives death scene.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

I’m bored. There’s nothing more to discuss until host comes in and gives death scene.

Discuss why you’re innocent and not scum.

Flag Post

(Jask)

for mafia may use this same point to their advantage just because you have mentioned that it is stupid.

True, but I prefer not to play around with reverse psychology, and my current impression of his play style tells me that he’s not going to pull an attempt so stupid and convoluted.

It helps it in such an obscure way, that you would never realize if I don’t tell you so, the way it helps the town is that it does nothing.

A town player should never do anything that damages the town more than it helps unless it concerns his survival. And even then, the faction must stay with survival as a priority.

If he has partners he can contact with, that could/would happen. So yes, I do think so however I do not think he is smart enough and it will be his partner’s(if any) intelligence.

If I was his partner, I would be trying to bus him instead of trying to save him. If a partner set him up to act like an idiot, there would be no safe or realistic way to save him. And if this is truly deliberate, he couldn’t have possibly come up with the idea himself if he, or anybody else in his position, wouldn’t have a way to save himself.

(helltank)

Any player that prefers the night phase over the day, even with low activity, is suspect. If you’re discontent with the current level of activity, create activity.

Do you get any scum vibes from arken, or are you purely lynching him to get a VI?