[Mafia] ytIVitca // GAME OVER! Congratulations... page 7 (locked)

414 posts

Flag Post

Nluji didn’t say in the rules you can’t un-vote during twilight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Nluji didn’t say in the rules you can’t un-vote during twilight.

It’s a standard mafia rule, like not talking during night or not quoting role PMs.

Flag Post

As you very well would know if you actually bothered to read my rules, I use a majority + deadline mechanic. Day 1 ends at the deadline of 5th October, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +3) if you have 9 votes to anyone active. Please, helltank, I’m the host and I take care of whenever you may or may not vote.

Flag Post

What do you think is your position in this mafia?
How much chances do you think you have of winning this?
Who do you currently find the most suspicious?
Do you think dj may be scum?
Do you find hamuka’s answers satisfying?

My position? 1337 pr0 scum huntar! I dunno, my playstyle is usually hunting scumtells, EVEN if I’m mafia, and even if the scumtells make 0 sense.

I can’t say, this mafia has too many teams, the chances of town winning are low IMO

Jaskaran2000[Gonna explain this later]

YES Not really, I was originally choose scum so I could how other people’s playstyle is when they are scum, but I said meh to it since Many people were gonna pick scum and ran with the town and a special ability.

No comment.

Flag Post

EBWOP, I derped a herp. There was suppose to be a huge wall of text explaining how I didn’t consider that ark may be mime/jester, and him trying to make AN look like his partner made it obvious his jester/mime and a bunch of other stuff, now I gotta re-type again.

The only thing I wanna say in this post is:

SilverEvil, BCLEGENDS and ark please explain your reasons for voting me.

Flag Post

When will it be ‘later’? For I really do want to see this vote against myself explained, and I will thoroughly read through it just in case I find holes in your so-called vote. Then you’d have a FoS from me towards you.

No comment.

Why must you give a “No comment”? It’s a simple Yes/No question. No additional info required, yet you still give no comment on it. I find that weird and a bit VIy (not scummy though). This might be good proof for possible future scumtells against you, though.

Flag Post

The “Everyone is voting arken” Unofficial Votecount 1.2

hopes that racefan won’t sue me

arkenarken (5) – djrockstar, hamuka, DrMartian, helltank, AdeebNafees
djrockstar (3) – SilverEvil, BCLEGENDS, arkenarken
No Lynch (1) – Taiboss

We reached 9 votes, but we can still change the final result.

(Jaskaran)

I would suggest most of you answer these questions, it’s a survey like adeeb did in some other mafia, not necessary but appreciated, plus it gives you something to discuss.

What do you think is your position in this mafia?

Not sure what you mean by position…

How much chances do you think you have of winning this?

Very, very small. Since I’m a mafia newbie, and I simply act suspicious, regardless if I’m a townie, SK, cult or whatever else role game leaders can give me, I don’t think I end up winning like in the prequel of this mafia.

Who do you currently find the most suspicious?

arkenarken, by far.

Do you think dj may be scum?

I’d say that it’s possible that he tries to frame arken. He’s not so suspicious ATM, but if arken ends up being a townie, I’d keep a close eye on him.

Do you find hamuka’s answers satisfying?

I’m sure they could be improved, given that I would have enough time, which is hard due to the huge number of private classes I have in the afternoon.

(AN)

He may think that trying to policy lynch someone (especially himself) = being a noob scum.

I will quote what policy lynching is:

Most commonly, it describes the lynch of a player who is not found to be particularly scummy, but because the player’s bad play will hurt the town later on.

arken found Dj scummy. This reply doesn’t make sense to me.

Oops, I messed up with the order of posts. dj voted arken after he posted the three possibilities. Sorry. :/

Now, I think arken meant that dj’s jokes could indicate a noob scum.

Flag Post

JESUS CHRIST HAMUKA

Originally posted by Bluji:

As you very well would know if you actually bothered to read my rules, I use a majority + deadline mechanic. Day 1 ends at the deadline of 5th October, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +3) if you have 9 votes to anyone active. Please, helltank, I’m the host and I take care of whenever you may or may not vote.

Flag Post

I’m half-expecting a modkill to be issued to the next player that assumes this setup allows hammering.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

I’m half-expecting a modkill to be issued to the next player that assumes this setup allows hammering.

Sure wynaut

Flag Post

JESUS CHRIST HAMUKA

IKR? I’ll go and delete that part that assumes hammering is possible.

Flag Post

OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE. You’re not allowed to edit or delete your posts either.

8. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

Flag Post

Facepalm @Hamuka

I’ll post up my whole anal-ysis soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE. You’re not allowed to edit or delete your posts either.

8. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

OH MY FUCKING GOSH

facepalms so hard I break my face

Flag Post

hamuka has received his first strike. Two more, and you’re modkilled.

Flag Post

hamuka has received his first strike. Two more, and you’re modkilled.

continues facepalming

At least it’s not an instant modkill, but I need to remember the rules now…

Flag Post

Notable things according to me:

Game is in presigns.
Everyone’s sending in.
Bandit mentions an xkcdian
Bandit says something about him being lynched on day 1, and cowfriend getting NK’d on N1.
Dev asks what he is talking about
Helltank explains
Cowfriend said to screw the mimes, and he had a new strategy. I personally think this is false, and he just went with the mime role.
A few people join.
Dev says he’d rather have an awesome post, well formatted rather than one rushed to meet the deadline.
Game starts.
Everybody start’s confirming.
The joke phase also starts.
Arke votes on a joke vote.
Dj hints that he may have laid a trap. I personally think this is just a bluff, but I cannot be 100% sure of this.
Tai votes NL, many people are against this an argument commences over this. A short one, although.
Arke replies to dj, mentioning three possibilities. Respectively,
1. you are a noob scum and should be lynched.
2. you have come up with some plan and this helps you in someway.
3. you are just joking and i have made a fool out of myself. (Most Likely situation).
Dj unvotes silverevil because things are getting ’spice’d’ according to him at this time.
Dj votes arke because he thinks arke is a VI. I personally think he’s not.
Arke’s stupid RP actions finally start.
Dj asks why arke didn’t vote him but used an ‘action’
Arke says he voted him a long time ago
I vote arke, because I thought at the time he was noob scum/VI
Arke goes OMGUS voting, unvoting dj and voting me.
BC confirms and votes for Dj for so-called “previous stated reasons”(I could find none)
I forgot to unvote woon, who I had voted in the joke phase, so I do so.
Dj asks Bc what previously stated reasons.
Dj says I hopped into a bandwagon, so he FoS’d me. As if one vote is a bandwagon, when I had my own reasoning which was different than his.
Dj says that arke votes anyone who votes him instead of defending himself. I think this is 99% true.
Adeeb confirms his role, then continues to ask Arke, Bc, and DJ a few questions.
He says how one vote isn’t a bandwagon. I completely agree with him at this part.
He calls arke a desperate townie.
I post, arguing how my post wasn’t a hop in the bandwagon, as it was only one vote.
BC asks if he should quote all of them.
Dj argues with BC’s so called previously stated reasons which are idiotic. I agree with him right here.
He says arke is indeed a desperate townie.
I, without no logic, declare that arke is scum to put a teeny weeny bit of pressure on him, to see how he would react.
Arke then unvotes me and votes Dj, because he says he ‘considered’ and voted dj because they both had the highest votes. This makes no sense at all, imo.
Dj asks what consideration arke did, saying he’ll still keep his vote on arke and lastly, quotes my post saying that he places his bet on me being scum, the same move I used earlier to put a teeny weeny bit of pressure on arke, but this time, done as a joke.
I put some logic against Arke’s vote, which according to me is quite good.
He retaliates by saying his mind hurts, at the moment I was like “WTF
He then uses another action.
Arke says that this game is supposed to be around deception, one way is to make people confused and not sure. He has splendidly done so
He then posts a following post, saying “Ignore my last post please”, which I believe is a way to confuse people as stated in his earlier posts, and this confusion is just beginning.

I’ll do the rest later, what I have found from this:

• Arke is playing splendidly, in this game. Even I have no idea how to deal with him anymore.
  • Dj has enough suspicion till this point for me to FoS him.
  • Bandit and Cowfriend may have some shady plans, I yet again say that’s enough for me to FoS them, even though they didn’t post until that point.
  • Adeeb is in the clear for now.

And, my own suspicion towards myself, as I say, are biased towards me being favorable of myself, so I’ll let you guys decide this.

Flag Post

EBWOP:

Include BC with Bandit and Cowfriend for might having shady plans.

Flag Post

Are we allowed to claim what we submitted? If so, are there any restrictions to this?

Flag Post

Sure, as long as it isn’t a direct quote.

Flag Post

I went with the one I used in ytivitcA III: World at War, A.K.A. Post Restrictor, Cop, and 1-Shot Bulletproof.

Flag Post

Since Bluji gave us a green-light, I’ll tell you this: My submissions for ytIV were all on the same alignment, and are completely different from my yti3 submissions.

Flag Post

Again, I ALREADY explained my reason for voting Arken in one of my first posts on this thread. If you’re going to FoS me, at least have a LEGITIMATE reason for it. Have to go now, post the rest later.

Flag Post

Holy freaking cow. These posts are too much for me to handle.

I’ll just reply to ones I care about, k?

I personally think this is false, and he just went with the mime role.

Why the hell would I want to go with the mime when there’s Jester to be taken. Being a mime screwed me over last time (I didn’t even choose mime). I didn’t even pick Jester this time, and if I was one, I would have done my pro Jester mode and get lynched already.

Bandit and Cowfriend may have some shady plans, I yet again say that’s enough for me to FoS them

lol k, FoS me. Because that’s going to do anything, right.

Seriously, people need to get this “FoS” idea out of their head. Is me posting an idiotic reasoning + FoS really more significant than me just posting an idiotic reasoning?

An example from Adeeb would be

I won’t FoS or vote because I don’t find you scummy or suspicious enough yet, but I will keep an eye on you anyway.

What is that supposed to mean? You’re either suspicious of them or you don’t. A rational player (at least 90% of the players here) will know that it doesn’t actually do anything but to bluff out scumtells from the other 10%. Adeeb FoS’d the heck out of me in that one other mafia, but do I care? No.

The only reason I can see using it is to make the sheep of the game bandwagon on your vote when they can’t bother reading the actually content of the post.

k done ranting, gonna read the rest of the post soon.

Flag Post

(Jask)

That’s assuming there are jesters, even though an easily played role, I would think its unlikely somebody chose jesters/mimes. (Unless its stated somewhere and I didn’t read it)

Bluji listed a bunch of faction win and lose conditions at the start. Unless I interpreted it wrong, these factions exist in-game. And I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody chose jester; plenty of people did last time.

I agree with you on this one, I really didn’t damage town except going with the flow, mostly.

When you claim that you vote arken for no reason, I consider that vote detrimental.

Please explain how a VI is beneficial to town. What do you think are the chances of him being a true VI?

A VI’s only use is to serve as an extra town, and numbers are actually really important. And if he starts to display true scumtells, he can be easily lynched later, as he will never evade the attention of the town. With his exaggerated stupidity, I highly doubt that he is a true VI. He has to be either scum or a jester.

(arken)

Hey Adeeb, I don’t think plan 1 is going to work, sorry i think i may have messed it up.

I’m not sure whether I should interpret this as a jester fail or a really bad scum gambit. I think that we should ignore this, as the WIFOM possibilities are endless.

(myhome)

Censored for the Metagaming reasons I would explain to you if you wanted. If I say this, it essentially FOSs that person. If they ARE mafia, they kill me.

everyone could be scum. Weather I think he IS or NOT, see above.

What are you talking about? I highly doubt that somebody would kill you just because of a FoS. Please explain your position instead of dodging the questions.

(helltank)

(he knows that if he acts like VI, he may not get lynched, because several influential mafia players, such as AdeebNafees, oppose VI policy lynches).

There’s a difference between a VI and a VI with scumtells. And there’s a difference between being able to pretend to be a VI and being able to pretend to be a VI well and without scumtells.

(Jask)

and is trying to get adeeb lynched side by side so his faction could win. Thus, by my theory..

If arken is truly a mime, his role would be revealed after his death.

If I die on N1, Arken is 80% a mafia. If I do not die, and the mafia kills somebody else, it should be obvious from a certain somebody’s pattern and we should be able to find out a mafia goon.

Do I have to pull out the “scumhunting based on night kills is extremely inaccurate” argument again?

(AdeebNafees)

In a role madness? A PR seems to me to be the most likely possibility.

The town PR’s that I’ve seen from the ytivitca series so far have not been anything worth rushing day for. And even then, a town PR that rushes day is an idiot town PR.

This might be OT, but does the game actually end when the jester is killed? Isn’t it a waste for scum to NK the jester who will wantonly absorb a town lynch on their behalf by acting very scummy?

I have no idea, but if I was scum, I would play it safe.

(Jask)

On a side note; Get more friends.

As Adeeb said, friends probably won’t help you in mafias.

He just doesn’t seem like a jester/mime to me, to be honest. That’s pretty much the only reason.

I only stated Jester was, as you can clearly see.

So do you think that he’s a jester or not? You’re contradicting yourself.

also Mafia wouldn’t target them either because they know they’re VIs, I don’t see how they act like meatshields.

The scum win is based on the number of townies still alive. A VI is a townie.

(DJ)

I can’t say, this mafia has too many teams, the chances of town winning are low IMO

How do you know this?

By later, you mean as soon as possible, right?

(Jask)

Bandit and Cowfriend may have some shady plans, I yet again say that’s enough for me to FoS them, even though they didn’t post until that point.

Why do you think that they have shady plans? If you think this before of what they posted pre-game, we can’t directly choose our roles.

(Martian)

Again, I ALREADY explained my reason for voting Arken in one of my first posts on this thread. If you’re going to FoS me, at least have a LEGITIMATE reason for it.

Nobody FoSed you, so I don’t understand what you’re talking about nor do I understand your slight overreaction. As for voting Arken, you explicitly said that you didn’t find him scummy. Why, then would you vote him? Why does he give no jester vibes to you? Joking to explain your reasons is dodging the question and an invalid response.

(CowFriend)

What is that supposed to mean?

Although I stick to my previous argument for FoS’s in this thread, I have to agree with this one. FoS’s are purely situational and for pressuring purposes, and threatening a FoS instead of actually FoSing does nothing.

It seems as if people don’t like responding to my posts, so I’ll post all of my interrogations down here in bold.

Helltank, why are you so eager to see night? Does it not occur to you that town could use day to discuss?

Hamuka, answer my questions. Stop avoiding them:

Why do you feel the need to restate a point already stated?

Stupidity makes him suspicious? If you’re trying to imply that he could be trying to fake a VI, he’s doing it horribly.

Why lynch someone who you interpret as having no scumtells when we can scumhunt? If ignoring posts is really that difficult, arken has quieted down by now.

Myhome, explain your position and don’t avoid the questions with an excuse.

DJ, explain why you think this mafia has a plentiful of teams. Also explain why you find Jask suspicious and your position on hamuka.

Martian, explain with more clarity why arken is worth lynching in your eyes.

Jask has been reading and responding to my posts just fine so far, so I won’t specify anything other than my questions to him in the quotes sections.

As a question to everyone, what’s your position on arken’s accidental accusation of Adeeb?