[Mafia] ytIVitca // GAME OVER! Congratulations... page 10 (locked)

414 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

Vote: Woon, since I don’t want to jeopardize any poor unsuspecting soul that unwittingly fell victim to my needs!

I am ALMOST tempted to massacre you. ALMOST.
(If I didn’t think you were a jester)

Flag Post

From what CF said, Bluji lumped all the people who requested Jester to the horrible Mime faction that has zero chance of winning.

Flag Post

He removed the third mime from the game because that win condition was impossible to achieve, if only because there’s no point in keeping a player in a game if they KNOW they can’t win.

If you’re claiming Jester, though, that should mean we don’t have a two-player cult on our hands.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

He removed the third mime from the game because that win condition was impossible to achieve, if only because there’s no point in keeping a player in a game if they KNOW they can’t win.

If you’re claiming Jester, though, that should mean we don’t have a two-player cult on our hands.

What do you mean by two-player cult? Also, who the hell would claim Jester?

Flag Post

EBWOP: If I wasn’t obvious enough, I was being selfish and didn’t want to get modkilled.

Flag Post

I vote Myhome because discussion is practically dead and he hasn’t provided a reason why he wants to kill Woon.

Flag Post

Bluji said he would replace (if possible) people who didn’t vote today, not modkill them.

Also, one Cultist D1, their power works D2, now we have two cultists if there was even one in the first place.

Flag Post

Hey guys. I’m replacing S_98. I just finished reading through the thread up until this point. We know based from Bluji’s last post that we currently up against a 6-4-2 faction ratio. Four players have died (three were mimes), meaning that the original ratio is was 7-4-3-2. I’m not sure what, if anything can be derived from that, given the variety of roles this games allows for, but someone more familiar with Bluji’s setups may be able to come up with something useful.

Some day 2 analysis:

RaceBandit’s post is a pretty straightforward reaction to Bluji’s, although the mention of a cult is interesting in that it seems to assume that the third parties are direct allies. That may just be a consequence of discussing the possibility of cult, though. In a later post, he addresses the possibility of Woon as a jester, and thereby the possibility of unaligned third parties. I’m probably reading too much into that first post, but it’s probably worth mentioning.

BCLEGENDS also addressed the revealed ratio, noting the problem presented by multiple nightkills. However, he assumes that the mafia have multiple kills available, which is curious, because there are other possibilities (SilverEvil may have exercised his one-shot kill, or another one-or-more-shot kill power may exist, or there may be an SK). While we should probably assume whatever nightkill scenario is most detrimental, his choice of language is just a little suspicious. Again, I may be reading too much into it.

CowFriend is still playing with a non-serious feel; this included an initial vote for a player already dead. I’m not sure if anything can be taken from that yet.

Woon voted for himself. It’s day 2; we’re well out of the joke phase. I doubt that we’d have both a mime faction and a jester, but there’s no way to tell for sure.

Right now, CowFriend seems most suspicious to me, simply because non-serious play kind of reads as anti-town at this point. So FoS CowFriend, I guess.

Flag Post

I don’t want to get modkilled or replaced. This should be clear. I don’t want to run the risk of getting OMGUS’d. Though it is nice to be thought of as a Jester, I have no reason to claim it, so rest assured that the only reason I voted myself is to avoid being taken out of the game. Happy?

Flag Post

(hamuka)

I TOLD YOU GUYS HE WILL BE A JESTER/MIME. I TOLD YOU.

Why do you feel the need to comment about the lynch? This is especially strange because you were one of the people that had to be convinced that he was a jester.

(CowFriend)

lolol, the mime got lynched, just like the last time.

LOL, this is the same exact thing as the first one.

FoS CowFriend for commenting on lynches and NK’s.

(hamuka)

Say… Is a PR cop counting as one?

Clarify what you mean, please.

(Martian)

That’s sad. But now we know how there was an extra vote in the count. And at least the mimes lose. Hooray for making mimes lose!

FoS Martian for prioritizing the mimes over the scum and commenting on the night. And as I assume a scum NKed the mime, it seems weird for a town to comment on that.

I wonder about Bluji. In the vote count, he counted one vote for lynching himself, but the total of remaining alive is 12, so he couldn’t have included himself in that thief thing. But if he’s playing, but not counting himself, I think he’s mafia, considering he stole that small box. Or maybe he’s literally a thief.

Making jokes during Day 2 is detrimental to the town.

(RaceBandit)

Bluji said he would replace (if possible) people who didn’t vote today, not modkill them.

A replacement is still technically a death for the involved player. And replacing is only in the event of finding a replacement, and typically shouldn’t be risked. Are you willing to risk a town modkill?

Also, one Cultist D1, their power works D2, now we have two cultists if there was even one in the first place.

Why are you assuming that there’s a cult?

(Precarious)

However, he assumes that the mafia have multiple kills available

Please explain how you came to this interpretation.

Woon voted for himself. It’s day 2; we’re well out of the joke phase. I doubt that we’d have both a mime faction and a jester, but there’s no way to tell for sure.

No mime with any sanity would vote for themselves in a mafia that doesn’t implement hammers. This is part of why I’m questioning myhome’s suspicion of Woon, especially after he noted that he would vote the most suspicious person.

I’m going to unvote Myhome and vote Helltank, both as an activity call and because I still want an answer as to why he wanted Night so much.

Flag Post

CowFriend seems most suspicious to me, simply because non-serious play kind of reads as anti-town at this point

I’m not anti-town lolol. If you don’t want to destroy hamuka, you’re gon die. lolol

FoS CowFriend for commenting on lynches and NK’s.

10/10 logic

Flag Post

10/10 logic

Statistically speaking and logically speaking (really), a scum is more likely than town to comment on death events, feeling that it would make them look more innocent. Town, however, has nothing to gain from “Hell yes, the maf died” or “Damnit, y they kill doctor”.

Flag Post

Ok, Devourer, that wasn’t a joke. I was serious about Bluji possibly playing as a Mafia. And now it’s suspicious to be happy that the mimes lost? Especially since the first person lynched was a mime, causing worry that the mimes could win? And I’d have to say YOU are quite suspicous, calling FoS on anyone that comments on a lynch. Vote: Devourer359

Flag Post

@Precaurious and devourer: It’s not a full-blown assumption, since Woon + 2 cult would equal three third-party players. Regarding Woon’s vote… I didn’t realize a self-vote would be sufficient to avoid mod action.

Regarding the PR Cop… There was at least one PR-Cop in yti3. They would investigate their target and apply a post restriction to them. Post Restrictions in this game are usually you have to post in a language not named English, although in the case of a language restriction, the mod would specify what the target language was (For example, I was afflicted with Leetspeak in yti3.) Personally, I don’t see the appeal of town-aligned PR roles… the restrictions just seem to get in the way, and someone as mediocre as myself would get WTFraped by the shit that gets lost in translation.

Vote: hamuka

While he may have mentioned a PR-cop, I’m 100% sure this was his role in yti3 and … I’d say 90% sure he didn’t submit the same damn thing for ytIV.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

I don’t want to get modkilled or replaced. This should be clear. I don’t want to run the risk of getting OMGUS’d. Though it is nice to be thought of as a Jester, I have no reason to claim it, so rest assured that the only reason I voted myself is to avoid being taken out of the game. Happy?

Okay, I didn’t quite understand what you were doing before. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by devourer359:

(Precarious)

However, he assumes that the mafia have multiple kills available

Please explain how you came to this interpretation.

There were two nightkills last night (plus a third death by modkill). On page 9, BC said “it’s almost a LyLo situation, given that the mafia have their own kills available.” The statement suggests that the mafia have multiple kills, meaning either that the mafia has multiple killing roles, or there are multiple mafias with nightkills. While these are both possibilities, we saw that SilverEvil flipped as a “1-Shot Serial Killing Mime.” Thus, it’s possible that there is only one mafia NK, and the second was performed by Silver. Additionally, it’s also possible that there is a third party killing role (a solo SK), or a role (of any alignment) with one- or multiple-night killing powers.

There’s no way to know exactly what the nightkill situation is. We should assume the worst, which I think would be a mafia with two kills, since those kills could be coordinated. However, any of the scenarios suggested above could have resulted in last night. BC spoke as if he knew the “mafia have their own kills available,” which sounds vaguely like a mafia reveal. Admittedly, that’s may just be speaking in generalities or without thinking; I don’t think it’s necessarily indicative of anything, which is why I didn’t FoS BC. But it did grab my attention.

Flag Post

Man, I was so damn busy in the past days.

So, here’s my opinion on the current situation:

So, we have 6 town, 4 scum, and 2 third-parties. Now, I’m almost 100% sure that scum has a factional kill, and that at least one of the third-parties is an SK. If that’s the case, we should try to hunt down that SK, and make finding mafia a secondary priority, since if we don’t lynch the SK, town is basically doomed.
Also, there can be a chance that both third-parties are SK’s, and one kills on odd nights, and the other one kills on even ones. In that case, we just have to hope that luck is standing on our side, since even if we lynch an SK, there’s a chance that the other one will be the one that kills on even nights, and then we’re again doomed.

So, we have a 1:12 chance to lynch the right person, which means we’re almost entirely fucked. :(

(RaceBandit)

While he may have mentioned a PR-cop, I’m 100% sure this was his role in yti3 and … I’d say 90% sure he didn’t submit the same damn thing for ytIV.

Yes, it was. Yes, I submitted the same damn thing because of three things:

1) I won with this role.
2) A sane cop is a pretty powerful IMHO.
3) It’s fun to see you guys struggle with speaking Haitian Creole or Hungarian. :)

If you wonder, it was me who made dj speak leet. He was a mime, as you may know by now.

Flag Post

Hells yes i tried for PR cop this time around too.

Also, an important piece of information.
I PR’d someone last night. Said person failed to be PR’d. That person is Racebandit!!!
(What should we do? Vote or no?)

@Devourer:
I did give a reason. I thought he could be a 1 person team jester.
And voteing herself is out of character for her.

Flag Post

@Precarious: You seem to think that when I said “the mafia have their own kills”, I meant that I think that they have multiple kills per night. I didn’t intend to imply that, nor did I mean to imply a relationship to the mafia. What I meant to imply was that they can kill at least once every night. And it’s a near-LyLo situation because if we miss a mafia member today, then they get another townie, the town loses automatically; however, given the chance that the mafia will hit an indie role, and that any NKing indie roles will hit a mafia member, it’s not guaranteed.

Flag Post

Sorry, I failed to consider this possibility, I may have been role blocked.

Flag Post

(Martian)

I was serious about Bluji possibly playing as a Mafia.

What? I don’t even—

He’s the host.

And I’d have to say YOU are quite suspicous, calling FoS on anyone that comments on a lynch. Vote: Devourer359

Isn’t this a little overdefensive? Why am I suspicious for FoSing someone? In addition, it’s a known fact that commenting on death events is suspicious. It contributes nothing to the town, yet serves to create innocence in the user’s mind; I already explained this to CowFriend. It’s kind of strange that you feel the need to vote me out of such little evidence.

On another note, CowFriend, I think that this is proof that FoS’s can serve as successful pressuring. As he has noted, he finds me suspicious because I used a FoS. What would he have thought had I not FoSed and simply commented?

(RaceBandit)

It’s not a full-blown assumption, since Woon + 2 cult would equal three third-party players.

That doesn’t explain why you’re so sure that there’s a cult in the first place. I’m also kind of confused as to what you’re trying to say.

(Hamuka)

Now, I’m almost 100% sure that scum has a factional kill, and that at least one of the third-parties is an SK. If that’s the case, we should try to hunt down that SK, and make finding mafia a secondary priority, since if we don’t lynch the SK, town is basically doomed.

The mafia is still a target for an existing SK, and their win condition is made harder if we lynch one. I don’t see why we should hunt mainly for an unconfirmed SK instead of hunting equally. It’s almost impossible to tell the difference between the mafia and a SK, as the only difference between them is allies. And the only way to find allies is buddying signs, which the SK will display none of. It’s impossible to hunt for tells of no buddying. Getting to the point, why are you suggesting selective scumhunting? FoS hamuka for suggesting selective scumhunting, dodging questions consistently throughout the mafia, and commenting on the lynch.

So, we have a 1:12 chance to lynch the right person, which means we’re almost entirely fucked. :(

While I’m not one of those people that find posting unnecessary statistics scummy, I’ll keep this comment in mind.

Yes, it was. Yes, I submitted the same damn thing because of three things:

As a PR cop, you probably should have waited until you had a useful investigation before revealing. I would find it suspicious that you claimed, but we haven’t had a counter-claim.

(myhome)

Hells yes i tried for PR cop this time around too.

Don’t be vague. Did you successfully get the PR cop role? Did you get a result for RaceBandit?

(What should we do? Vote or no?)

Definitely avoid voting for now. As this is close to a MyLo situation, town needs all the thinking that it can get.

I did give a reason. I thought he could be a 1 person team jester.

You think that a jester would vote himself in a mafia without hammers?

Flag Post

On another note, CowFriend, I think that this is proof that FoS’s can serve as successful pressuring.

Because it totally works against any competent players, right? Try using that strategy on someone who actually know how to play at a non-beginner level.

Flag Post

In addition, it’s a known fact that commenting on death events is suspicious.

lolwut, where did you get that? I’ve played a crap tons of mafia as town and comment on the night. And I’m not even directly commenting the night (didn’t say “oh yeez mimes died lul”), just that it’s exactly the scenario as the last one by Bluji.

It contributes nothing to the town

As with 80% of things posted in a mafia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

On another note, CowFriend, I think that this is proof that FoS’s can serve as successful pressuring.

Because it totally works against any competent players, right? Try using that strategy on someone who actually know how to play at a non-beginner level.

Because the majority of players at FGF are competent.

Okay, that was a bit rude, but quite frankly, it’s true. If this makes me look arrogant or something, note that I don’t think that even “competent” players are completely immune to the effects of a FoS or vote. People are influenced by their emotions, even if they don’t realize it.

Flag Post

I’ve played a crap tons of mafia as town and comment on the night. And I’m not even directly commenting the night (didn’t say “oh yeez mimes died lul”), just that it’s exactly the scenario as the last one by Bluji.

Experience and reasoning. A maf can have something to gain from commenting on the night, while a town doesn’t. It may not apply to you, but that’s more relevant to your meta and not general scumtells; and I haven’t paid enough attention to your playstyle to understand the meticulous details of your meta.

As with 80% of things posted in a mafia.

And that’s something that will only stay if we let it stay.

Flag Post
An excerpt from devourer359:

That doesn’t explain why you’re so sure that there’s a cult in the first place. I’m also kind of confused as to what you’re trying to say.

It was a hypothetical situation, partially based on the cult win that yti3 resulted in.