[Mafia] ytIVitca // GAME OVER! Congratulations... page 13 (locked)

414 posts

Flag Post

AHEM. KEEP IN MIND THAT WE HAVE LOST THE ONLY TOWN VIGILANTE, MEANING THAT IF WE NL, MAFIA KILLS A TOWNIE AND WE LOSE.

Flag Post

As I imagined, you were unable to reach five votes. The deadline is extended to 19th October, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +3).

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but I’m going to vote. I know we win if we are alive, but if we don’t lynch the mafia, NONE OF US will live. Devourer has been suspicious because he’s trying to draw suspicions on anyone who suspects him or insults him in any way. So, Vote: Devourer359

Flag Post

(hamuka)

So, if we don’t lynch, we will lose, since the only person that can NK and is town has been killed already.

ARE YOU ASSUMING THAT THE INACTIVES ARE ALL TOWN?

Also, it seems like there are no SK’s in this game, much to my surprise. So, we also need to get a mafia.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS?

(Martian)

I know we win if we are alive, but if we don’t lynch the mafia, NONE OF US will live.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS?

Devourer has been suspicious because he’s trying to draw suspicions on anyone who suspects him or insults him in any way.

LOLNO.

1. SCUMHUNTING IS NOT A SCUMTELL. IF I WAS TOWN, I WOULD NATURALLY BE SUSPICIOUS OF THOSE SUSPICIOUS OF ME UNLESS I KNEW THAT I WAS PLAYING LIKE A VI. AFTER ALL, IT’S WEIRD TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF A TOWNIE WITHOUT GOOD REASON. I ALSO HAVEN’T DISPLAYED SUSPICION AT THOSE SUSPICIOUS OF ME AS MANY TIMES AS YOU IMPLY. THE ONLY PERSON THAT THIS APPLIES TO IS YOU, AND I HAVEN’T DONE THIS IN AS FLAGRANT OF A MANNER AS YOU IMPLY.

IN ADDITION, YOU NEVER EVEN RESPONDED TO MY POINTS AGAINST YOU. IGNORING QUESTIONS IS A SCUMTELL.

2. PLEASE DISPLAY A QUOTE WHERE I DREW SUSPICION ONTO ANOTHER BECAUSE THEY INSULTED ME. EVEN AS A SCUM, I WOULD NEVER DO THIS. ALL THIS DOES IS MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A SUSPICIOUS IDIOT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS IS WHEN I’M HAVING ONE OF MY RETARDED MOOD SWINGS.

I FUGGING HATE THIS PR.

Flag Post

Just gonna drop this quote from the SBM Incident…

Originally posted by Knoob85687:

[No, No-Lynch is evil. Let me explain. The Mafia dominates the Night. Townies dominate the Day. So what happens when Townies pass off the chance to actually affect the game? If you ask me, No-Lynch is NEVER a valid tactic, unless victory by countdown is applicable. Why? Because if people aren’t trying to lynch each other, where’s the goddamn evidence? If people go, ‘Oh, NL’, they just post that, and SOMEHOW THEY’RE AUTOMATICALLY CLEARED OF SUSPICION. Sure, we might have Night Actions. But the only Townie Night Action that actually WORKS is Vig. And GUESS WHAT? The Vig’s chances of shooting the correct target are as low as the lynch’s-And only one person gets their opinion in. What if that person’s a retard? Boom, two Townies down to Mafia NK and stupid Vig NK. Now, I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but if we actually do stuff during the day, we’re not entirely dependent on the goddamned Vig. The Mafia OWN the Night Phase, and if we don’t do shit during the Day Phase, why don’t we just fucking surrender?]

We have no clue what kind of powers town has, so we don’t know if we would even be able to trust them during a MYLO situation, which this isn’t.

Flag Post

Sorry for not being on. I have been busy the last few days because of exams. I am rather bad at practicals, and need 24 hours of practice before I manage to cut open a toad without puncturing its heart.

Excuses aside, I have read through the last few pages and noticed some things I felt the need to comment on.

(Martian)

That’s sad. But now we know how there was an extra vote in the count. And at least the mimes lose. Hooray for making mimes lose!

Rather a useless comment.

I wonder about Bluji. In the vote count, he counted one vote for lynching himself, but the total of remaining alive is 12, so he couldn’t have included himself in that thief thing. But if he’s playing, but not counting himself, I think he’s mafia, considering he stole that small box. Or maybe he’s literally a thief.

Here’s a tip. D1 was over at this point. Joking after D1 doesn’t help town in any way.

(myhome)

I shall go back and if nothing presents itself today, vote the person with the highest position on my suspicion-o-meter.

Gets the wrong vibes from me. If you have this “suspicion-o-meter” you speak of, you should have told us who is at the top of it without having to be prompted with inactivity. It is like you want to see which way popular opinion goes before voting, which I consider scummy.

(devourer)

I vote Myhome because discussion is practically dead and he hasn’t provided a reason why he wants to kill Woon.

The first part makes sense to me. The second part should be obvious. Myhome found Wooneh voting herself a possible attempt to draw suspicion away from herself (personally, I think she’d behave in this way regardless of alignment).

Prec, who is now dead, and has been revealed to be scum, FoS’d CF at one point with almost no reasoning behind it. I am making a note of it, because CF was revealed to be town following that event, which makes me think that Prec mightn’t have bussed his scumbuddy after all, and contented himself with throwing suspicion around.

(Martian)

And I’d have to say YOU are quite suspicous, calling FoS on anyone that comments on a lynch. Vote: Devourer359

This is so bad that it is almost funny. Dunno whether OMGUS, or just throwing suspicion around. FoS Martian because I think you were being a bit too defensive.

(hamuka)

Now, I’m almost 100% sure that scum has a factional kill, and that at least one of the third-parties is an SK. If that’s the case, we should try to hunt down that SK, and make finding mafia a secondary priority, since if we don’t lynch the SK, town is basically doomed.

Troooooooollmao.

Basically, I am not entirely sure that we DO want to lynch the SK at all at this point, because 1) He is something like a non-oriented Vig right now and 2) If I know Blu’s mechanics, he is not going to let any possible scum/cult while the SK is alive. So no thank you, we don’t want the SK dead yet.

So, we have a 1:12 chance to lynch the right person, which means we’re almost entirely fucked. :(

I don’t like the way you seem to suggest that town lynches blindly.

Okay, I vote Cowfriend because I want to save myself.

Voting for survival reasons rings the wrong bells with me.

(Martian)

t was you not flat out FoSing, but calling suspicion down on anyone who did something small or suspected you of something.

FoSing and calling suspicion down on someone are the same things, right?

(hamham)

I investigated RaceBandit, and he came up as town, BTW. My post restriction has failed like myhome’s, though, and I have no idea why.

I don’t understand why your PR shouldn’t affect RB, and you should still get to know his role. I don’t have much exp with PR Cops, but I thought that if the PR bit gets blocked, the Cop bit also does. Seems something like a last ditch defense to me.

(RaceBandit)

I’m an Indomitable Townie. I have no special abilities other than a permanent immunity to post restrictions.

You actually asked for that role? :p

(myhome)

I did not use my Post restriction. I accepted Devourer’s logic to not PR anyone on the basis that it is likely bad for the town.

Noted. This can mean one of several things:

1) We have more than one PRor
2) Hamham/myhome actually targeted devourer and is lying
3) devourer is faking his PR.

I doubt the third, kinda. Don’t see why faking a PR should help devourer much. Not to mention one like this which doesn’t make his posts ambiguous enough to help in cloaking any scumtells.

(Tai)

If I vote No Lynch, someone will start a shitstorm.

*starts a shitstorm*

FoS Taiboss because duuuude, night isn’t helping us much. We have a PR Cop, and apparently no other cops, and no Doc alive to block the scum kill. If I hadn’t played with you earlier and seen you do this persistently as town, I’d have voted you this instant.

(myhome)

Does anyone else think that his exlusion of himself in the discussion thus far (bassically he is inactive) goes against his general playstyle?

I had reasons.

Isn’t this also true with Helltank and Wooneh(I think with Woon this is correct, right?)?

For helltank, yes. For Wooneh, no. Speaking from experience.

(hamham)

Also, it seems like there are no SK’s in this game, much to my surprise.

Where’d you deduce that from?

(myhome)

I am going to Vote NoLynch at this point because I don’t have a terrible want to die:

How does skipping to night help you live? Isn’t it even more likely that scum target you during the night and kill you, thereby making it impossible for you to win? FoS myhome. You seem to be trying way too much to live over actually trying to scumhunt.

(Martian)

Devourer has been suspicious because he’s trying to draw suspicions on anyone who suspects him or insults him in any way.

As town, he’d find people voting him to be suspicious, methinks.

Devourer has been suspicious because he’s trying to draw suspicions on anyone who suspects him or insults him in any way. So, Vote: Devourer359

Repeat your arguments as to why you think so.

In the meantime, I will vote hamuka because frankly, I find his fluctuating opinion and stand regarding the SK, beside his survival vote on CF which seems to kinda coincide with Prec FoSing him, quite suspicious enough to warrant a lynch. He is welcome to explain himself.

Flag Post

@AN:

How does skipping to night help you live? Isn’t it even more likely that scum target you during the night and kill you, thereby making it impossible for you to win? FoS myhome. You seem to be trying way too much to live over actually trying to scumhunt.

First:
It helps me live because at the moment I voted NL, I was in the lead for votes, and would’ve been lynched at the end of this day. If something else presents itself, I will gladly switch tunes.
Second:
I still thinkscum will go after the larger players than me (AN, Devourer) before going after me.
Third:
The activity level at the time I voted NL was what? 3 people? Race, me, and Hamuka. I knew I wasn’t going to convince Race of unvoting me, nor did I think I could get anything to make Hamuka vote someone, And I found few scumtells to do it with. It was safer for my survival, and therefore my chances at winning to vote NL with Tai.

Flag Post

(I know very well I’m six hours late.)

Final Vote Count

RaceBandit / myhome16
Taiboss / No Lynch
myhome16 / No Lynch
DrMartian / devourer359
AdeebNafees / hamuka

With two votes to No Lynch, No Lynch will be lynched. Lolwut?

After a long, long day, the shadows finally came to tell Bluji their decision. No shadow would fade today, allowing the worse shadows to take over the good ones, possibly. They were leaving the room, when suddenly…

"Ouch!"

"What now, Bluji? Another box, maybe?" said the shadows slightly arrogantly.

"Yes. Apparently this box allows me to order to you continue the phase, from the so called Zero Point. So... I guess we'll start this all over again."

You read right. This was only the first station on our way to day 3’s lynch, meaning the deadline and votes will be reset. Totally.

Your new deadline is 22nd October, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +3). For anyone who wasn’t very active today, I’d recommend more activity. You’re not gonna succeed ANYTHING by being quiet. Fine, let the mafia people and third party guys kill the rest of the town. You’re in deep shit, and you’re not gonna get anywhere. So get more active.

Also, the following people will still be modkilled if they don’t vote by the end of day 3-RESET:

AdeebNafees, helltank, Taiboss

Flag Post

(Adeeb)

I don’t understand why your PR shouldn’t affect RB, and you should still get to know his role.

I didn’t ask for a Role Cop, just to be clear. Normal Cops only know if the person is town/scum/mime/SK etc. I don’t want to be too OP, and a PR Role Cop is one AFAIK.

I don’t have much exp with PR Cops, but I thought that if the PR bit gets blocked, the Cop bit also does. Seems something like a last ditch defense to me.

As you may well know after RaceBandit’s roleclaim, he’s only immune to PR’s, but he’s not immune to investigating.

Basically, I am not entirely sure that we DO want to lynch the SK at all at this point

Why not? He would kill town, mafia wins, and all that.

2) If I know Blu’s mechanics, he is not going to let any possible scum/cult while the SK is alive.

IGNORE THE LAST ROW I POSTED.

Voting for survival reasons rings the wrong bells with me.

If I’m town, and I’m going to get lynched, then I’ll surefire vote for survival reasons, because I want town to win (not to mention that coveted FGF win).

Also, it seems like there are no SK’s in this game, much to my surprise.

Where’d you deduce that from?

We had a Restless Vigilante, and scum has a factional kill. Since the former was NKed, there’s only a scum factional kill.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Also, resetting the entire day is a bit harsh. Waiting hours upon hours for someone to actually post, for 8 days is not fun at all. :/

Flag Post

EBWOP’s EBWOP: Make that 10 days.

Flag Post

HAMUKA, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS IGNORE MY POSTS? AM I THAT DISLIKABLE? DO I REEK OF SKUNK? WHY DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE ANSWERING ADEEB, BUT NOT ME? SOMEHOW, I GET SCUM VIBES FROM THIS.

(Adeeb)

The second part should be obvious. Myhome found Wooneh voting herself a possible attempt to draw suspicion away from herself (personally, I think she’d behave in this way regardless of alignment).

AND WHAT PART OF VOTING YOURSELF IS SUSPICIOUS? IT IS NEITHER A SCUM TELL OR A TOWN TELL. WHETHER OR NOT I’M A TOWNIE OR A SCUM, I WOULD STILL VOTE SOMEONE RANDOM TO SAVE MYSELF FROM AN ACTIVITY WARNING. ONE VOTE, ESPECIALLY ON MYSELF MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO THE MAJORITY LYNCH. AFTER ALL, ONE VOTE PALES IN COMPARISON TO THE MAJORITY, AND THAT ONE VOTE WILL EVENTUALLY BE CHANGED WHEN BETTER EVIDENCE ARRIVES (WELL, FOR ME, ANYWAYS).

(hamuka)

Normal Cops only know if the person is town/scum/mime/SK etc. I don’t want to be too OP, and a PR Role Cop is one AFAIK.

I DON’T SEE HOW A ROLE COP IS MUCH MORE OP THAN AN ALIGNMENT COP. IF A SCUM IS FOUND AND REPORTED, THE USUAL RESOLUTION WOULD BE TO LYNCH THAT SCUM EVEN IF HIS ROLE IS UNKNOWN.

EBWOP: Also, resetting the entire day is a bit harsh. Waiting hours upon hours for someone to actually post, for 8 days is not fun at all. :/

IF ACTIVITY IS LOW, CREATE IT. SACRIFICING DAY IS A TERRIBLE MOVE NO MATTER HOW INACTIVE DAY IS. I FEEL THAT BLUJI IS BEING INCREDIBLY NICE TO TOWN BY RESETTING THE DAY.

We had a Restless Vigilante, and scum has a factional kill. Since the former was NKed, there’s only a scum factional kill.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT THERE ISN’T AN INACTIVE SK OR A SK WITHDRAWING HIS KILL? I WOULDN’T MAKE DEDUCTIONS OFF OF THE NIGHT ACTIONS.

Flag Post

I do not understand what just happened. Explain, please.

Flag Post

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS IGNORE MY POSTS? AM I THAT DISLIKABLE? DO I REEK OF SKUNK? WHY DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE ANSWERING ADEEB, BUT NOT ME?

You yell too much.

Flag Post

I take it this was a town-aligned one-shot power someone submitted?

Vote: myhome16
Still not liking the CF pseudohammer.

I also feel sorry for devourer since his PR has basically been extended. I probably wouldn’t have taken this as well as he did. Props to you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS IGNORE MY POSTS? AM I THAT DISLIKABLE? DO I REEK OF SKUNK? WHY DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE ANSWERING ADEEB, BUT NOT ME?

You yell too much.

^ Speak normally and I may consider it.

Joke aside, here you go:

ARE YOU ASSUMING THAT THE INACTIVES ARE ALL TOWN?

NO. I deducted this from the fact that BC killed Prec, and mafia killed BC. Therefore, there wasn’t an SK involved.

I DON’T SEE HOW A ROLE COP IS MUCH MORE OP THAN AN ALIGNMENT COP. IF A SCUM IS FOUND AND REPORTED, THE USUAL RESOLUTION WOULD BE TO LYNCH THAT SCUM EVEN IF HIS ROLE IS UNKNOWN.

If you post “I came up with XY being scum”, you’re more likely to get lynched than that other person because people, let’s face it, people don’t believe whatever they read. BUT, if you say “I came up with XY being a Mafia Roleblocker”, it’s more likely that people will lynch that person IMHO.

I FEEL THAT BLUJI IS BEING INCREDIBLY NICE TO TOWN BY RESETTING THE DAY.

Or just incredibly bastard to you. ;)

Flag Post

(RACEBANDIT OMFG I DIDNT CAPITALIZE THESE PARENTHESES THINGS IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS PLEASE DONT KILL ME)

I take it this was a town-aligned one-shot power someone submitted?

HMM, I DIDN’T CONSIDER THAT. MAYBE I SHOULD ACTUALLY READ THE FLAVOR :/.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS?

(HAMUKA)

NO. I deducted this from the fact that BC killed Prec, and mafia killed BC. Therefore, there wasn’t an SK involved.

I DON’T SEE HOW THIS ANSWERS MY QUESTION. IF YOU QUOTED THE WRONG THING AND ARE REFERRING TO MY QUESTION ABOUT AN INACTIVE SK, THE POSSIBILITY OF A SK REMAINS EVEN IN THIS SCENARIO. AGAIN, HE COULD SIMPLY BE WITHDRAWING HIS VOTE.

If you post “I came up with XY being scum”, you’re more likely to get lynched than that other person because people, let’s face it, people don’t believe whatever they read.

THAT DEPENDS COMPLETELY ON WHICH PLAYER IS MORE SCUMMY AT THE TIME. AND IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHETHER OR NOT THE SITUATION IS MYLO. AN INVESTIGATE CLAIM DOESN’T OVERRIDE ALL PAST SCUMTELLS.

AND A SIMPLE DISPLAY OF A NAME DOESN’T DECREASE SUSPICION; I COULD EASILY BS A NAME AT ANY TIME.

Flag Post

(RACEBANDIT OMFG I DIDNT CAPITALIZE THESE PARENTHESES THINGS IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS PLEASE DONT KILL ME)

RaceBandit? Pardon? (Oh, and for everyone, I highly recommend reading ALL the mod flavors. You might get something out of them.)

Flag Post

It was a misty night in a small Finnish town, and Bluji was playing in Kongregate, making once again a great forum game of his. Suddenly, his laptop’s screen started twirling and he was sucked into the vortex in the screen! He woke up in a dark room with shadows trembling around the walls of the room. He was terrified of what was happening. Someone said from a corner of the room:
“Hello, Bluji. Welcome to the other side.”
What was happening?

Bluji tried to get used to the darkness, the heavy darkness floating in the room, but it surrounded him so tightly he could barely breath. It was like a dream, no, not a dream, a nightmare to come true. But he was stuck to the chair while the twirling, dancing shadow artists gave him a terrifying show to watch.

Bluji sat on his chair in the misty, dark room like he was glued onto it. The shadows seemed to have hosted some kind of a meeting outside the room and finally, the darkness seemed to have been pulled out a tiny bit from the room’s atmosphere. Finally, one of the shadows returned performing onto the wall, and once it slowly faded away and the room became lighter in feeling, Bluji felt like the shadow felt happy.

After a busy day, Bluji finally had fell asleep. He woke up the next day when the shadows were whispering around him:
“Thieef! THIIIEF!”
He wondered why were they whispering that to him, and finally noticed there was a small box between his hands. He opened it — and found another box inside. He opened the other box as well, and found a paper inside it. It said:
“With the loss of three shadows today, a little light still keeps faith up. Four of those you call mafia remain, six of those you call town remain and two of those you call third parties remain. Good luck, shadows. Remove the true dark and reveal the brighter side of life.”
Bluji wondered what the paper meant, but still looked around and felt like it was a little less darker than previously.

“You know the box was stolen. THIIIEFFF!”

“Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor…”

“Rich man, poor man, beggar…”

THIEF! FILTHY DIRTY BOX THIEF!”

“You stole it! But you didn’t expect this coming!”

But Bluji answered to them: “It wasn’t me! It fell from the sky!”

After a day that had felt like it had lasted an eternity, the shadows left the room once again. One of the shadows returned and slowly faded away. As its last words to Bluji, the shadow said:
“I knew you were telling the truth.”

After another night which seemed to last an eternity, Bluji woke up to find out that the room’s atmosphere hadn’t much changed from the day before. Even though there were less shadows, the situation seemed just as desperate.
Bluji also noticed a new paper in front of him:
“There are 3 mafia left, 4 town left and 2 of those third party people left.”

“Hehehe… the light shall never peek between my boxes in the sky… Although I’m not sure what the one from last night did…”

After a long, long day, the shadows finally came to tell Bluji their decision. No shadow would fade today, allowing the worse shadows to take over the good ones, possibly. They were leaving the room, when suddenly…
“Ouch!”
“What now, Bluji? Another box, maybe?” said the shadows slightly arrogantly.
“Yes. Apparently this box allows me to order to you continue the phase, from the so called Zero Point. So… I guess we’ll start this all over again.”

For my convenience as well as yours.

Flag Post

Adeeb, read the thread. I already posted earlier that the thing about Bluji wasn’t a joke. I was serious. IF he happens to be playing, (which is possible) then he seems like he’d be a mafia member. And we want to lynch the mafia. The thing about mimes losing, that was a half-joke. But I really was happy that mimes lost, especially considering, and I admit to this, my vote for Arkenarken in D1. An FoS is sort of like calling suspicion down on someone. Calling suspicion on them can be just kind of pointing out a flaw they had. FoSing them is official and can be much more serious, possibly starting a bandwagon in extreme cases, and it’s more open. Suspicion can be denied, however, FoS cannot. And yes,he would find people who vote him suspicious as town, but his actions seemed more like a mafia member trying to make people who vote or suspect him look bad.

Flag Post

Vote Count 3r.1

RaceBandit / myhome16

This is also sort of a bump, because Adeeb uses Better Kongregate and a certain script in it has broken the chat, meaning he can’t see any other messages than his own. I want him to see the title, then remove the script, because I need to talk to him about things unregarded to the game. Sorry if anyone is confused.

Flag Post

Devourer has FoSed three people for commenting on lynch so far, Cowfriend, myself, and Hamuka. He also voted Myhome because no one was leading discussion and he didn’t think that Myhome had given enough reason for his actions. On my post about the town losing if we don’t lynch the mafia, think about it. The mafia gets an NK each night. If we vote no lynch, then there is a 100% chance that a mafia member won’t get lynched. If we vote a vanilla townie, then that’s even worse. BUT, we know in this form of mafia where everyone gets to pick three roles that they would like, very few people would choose to be a vanilla townie. Bluji stated at the beginning that one of the town’s win conditions was if you were alive at the end. That is what made me think these things.

Flag Post

IF he happens to be playing, (which is possible)

I don’t get it.

If we vote a vanilla townie, then that’s even worse. BUT, we know in this form of mafia where everyone gets to pick three roles that they would like, very few people would choose to be a vanilla townie. Bluji stated at the beginning that one of the town’s win conditions was if you were alive at the end. That is what made me think these things.

Why single out a vanilla townie? Wouldn’t say, a cop, doctor or any other power role’d townie be much, much worse?

Suspicion can be denied, however, FoS cannot.

What’s the difference? Also, you can’t deny suspicion, suspicion isn’t an accusation. It’s an…opinion?

Flag Post

I, first off, voted him to three. Three is an overturnable number. Three is not a large bandwaggon yet.
AND I had a reason. He just spit out a vote with no reason attached to it! If there was any reason, I probably wouldn’t have voted.

Flag Post
devourer359: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS?

myhome’s CowFriend vote was, IIRC, incredibly close to the deadline and got CF lynched.

Will have to reread what the other CowFriend votes were.