[Mafia] ytIVitca // GAME OVER! Congratulations... page 6 (locked)

414 posts

Flag Post

I would suggest most of you answer these questions, it’s a survey like adeeb did in some other mafia, not necessary but appreciated, plus it gives you something to discuss.

What do you think is your position in this mafia?
How much chances do you think you have of winning this?
Who do you currently find the most suspicious?
Do you think dj may be scum?
Do you find hamuka’s answers satisfying?

For me:

Something between a VI and an average player.
15% max.
Arke, if arke turns out to be innocent, none other suspicions.
May be, I’d say he has an equal chances of being scum as the rest of us.
Yes, I do find them quite satisfying, but I am sure somebody could make out a flaw in them.

Flag Post

Oopsies, missed dev’s post.

True, but I prefer not to play around with reverse psychology, and my current impression of his play style tells me that he’s not going to pull an attempt so stupid and convoluted.

You don’t ever realize the true nature of the person until it’s openly revealed, even if you’re experienced at these things, he may decide to use a different play-style altogether and may pull off an attempt this stupid.

A town player should never do anything that damages the town more than it helps unless it concerns his survival. And even then, the faction must stay with survival as a priority.

I do not see how I am damaging town, from your post, even if he is not scum, he is most likely a VI. I don’t really think there are many chances of him being a jester/mime. Also, I do not understand what you mean by the last line, so could you repeat, but this time, in easier terms?

If I was his partner, I would be trying to bus him instead of trying to save him. If a partner set him up to act like an idiot, there would be no safe or realistic way to save him. And if this is truly deliberate, he couldn’t have possibly come up with the idea himself if he, or anybody else in his position, wouldn’t have a way to save himself.

But the thing is, you’re not his partner, his partner may or may not be a close friend of his who prefers friendship over strategy and would try to save him. As for the safe and realistic way, I am pretty sure there is one, but we can just not think of one. Yes, I agree with you on the last two lines, I do not think he came up with the plan/idea himself, if there is a plan/idea like that.

Flag Post

Is this the “spam your ego” question? I’ll leave this one unanswered. Anyone who has known the players here long enough also knows their meta and knows that people can’t explain their own metas.

Medium.

The people that aren’t explaining why they’re voting arken, who are, at this moment, helltank and Martian.

Not really. I think that he’s just being overzealous in his interpretations of arken.

He hasn’t answered my questions, so no:

Why do you feel the need to restate a point already stated?

Stupidity makes him suspicious? If you’re trying to imply that he could be trying to fake a VI, he’s doing it horribly.

The quote below makes me feel as if he has no real reason to lynch arken:

His posts are no use to town in 90-100% of the situations due to their extreme stupidity (pardon for this). His useless RP “actions” and off-topic posts are halting town’s progress and make arguments, helping scum, and making him a burden for the town.

Why lynch someone who you interpret as having no scumtells when we can scumhunt? If ignoring posts is really that difficult, arken has quieted down by now.

Flag Post

You don’t ever realize the true nature of the person until it’s openly revealed, even if you’re experienced at these things, he may decide to use a different play-style altogether and may pull off an attempt this stupid.

His posts in Burn Down Village Huts displayed a degree of logic, a degree that hasn’t been shown here. This means that he’s probably faking his stupidity. That leaves two possibilities: a scum or a jester/mime. And rationally, scum wouldn’t fake stupidity in such a flagrant manner. It gives off jester tells, and other scum would consider the choice of NKing the supposed jester at night for safety reasons.

I do not see how I am damaging town, from your post, even if he is not scum, he is most likely a VI.

A VI is beneficial to town, contrary to popular opinion. Of course, this is excluding the possibility of roles like bus drivers. And I doubt that he’s a true VI.

Also, I do not understand what you mean by the last line, so could you repeat, but this time, in easier terms?

Townies have two goals in mafia: scumhunting and survival. A rational town should not let either take priority over the other.

his partner may or may not be a close friend of his who prefers friendship over strategy and would try to save him.

Somehow, I doubt this. Frankly, I don’t think the players of this particular mafia have known him long enough. I mostly recognize him for his posts in Darkspell.

As for the safe and realistic way, I am pretty sure there is one, but we can just not think of one.

Faking stupidity is a permanent scumtell that cannot be erased. If jesters didn’t exist, I probably wouldn’t hesitate to vote him.

Flag Post

Starting from the bottom.

Faking stupidity is a permanent scumtell that cannot be erased. If jesters didn’t exist, I probably wouldn’t hesitate to vote him.

That’s assuming there are jesters, even though an easily played role, I would think its unlikely somebody chose jesters/mimes. (Unless its stated somewhere and I didn’t read it)

Somehow, I doubt this. Frankly, I don’t think the players of this particular mafia have known him long enough. I mostly recognize him for his posts in Darkspell.

Well, okay, that just trashed my whole theory :P. But anyway, I did make close enough friends within 3 days of joining FGF, I don’t really think that it’s impossible as he may have created friendship via chat.

Townies have two goals in mafia: scumhunting and survival. A rational town should not let either take priority over the other.

I agree with you on this one, I really didn’t damage town except going with the flow, mostly. I am mainly doing what I think is right, I will probably get tons of suspicions because of what I just typed here, but I do think VIs will only bring town down so yeah.

A VI is beneficial to town, contrary to popular opinion. Of course, this is excluding the possibility of roles like bus drivers. And I doubt that he’s a true VI.

Please explain how a VI is beneficial to town. What do you think are the chances of him being a true VI?

And I cannot think of anything for the first/last quote currently, so gonna save that for later.

Flag Post

Hey Adeeb, I don’t think plan 1 is going to work, sorry i think i may have messed it up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

Hey Adeeb, I don’t think plan 1 is going to work, sorry i think i may have messed it up.

What the hell does this mean.. Quoting it just in case arke tries to defy the rules.

Flag Post

ARGH CRAP SORRY I FORGOT I WASN’T SUPPOSED TO SAY YOUR NAME!!!!!!

Flag Post

Either arken is messing up real bad, or this a tactic. I vote former.

Flag Post

Cool plan bro.
Mafia Tactic or Blunder?
YOU DECIDE!!!
(I think it was blundering)

Qouted because we need 2 records.

I will happily explian my metagame to you, if you REALLY want ~20 messages in you PMbox. Anyway… I view myself as above the average, described as “thinking independantly”(AN).
Seeing as the town never wins, I would say not very high. I will try my best though.
Censored for the Metagaming reasons I would explain to you if you wanted. If I say this, it essentially FOSs that person. If they ARE mafia, they kill me.
everyone could be scum. Weather I think he IS or NOT, see above.
Not really. I guess they were something.?

Flag Post

The uberpro, pwning everyone with his pro-ness. Also, mafiosi

75%.

Hamuka. Evasive answers.

About 35% probability. If he’s scum, he’s a noob scum, or a gambiteer(he knows that if he acts like VI, he may not get lynched, because several influential mafia players, such as AdeebNafees, oppose VI policy lynches).

I find them evasive. His answers are the reason I suspect him the most at the moment. Looks like he wants to dodge questions because he’s scared he’ll give contradictory answers and slip up if he’s scum.

Flag Post

Okay guise, I have decided what my theory on these two posts will be:

Arke is actually framing AdeebNafees as his partner, so a smart person could think that Adeeb is his partner and after arke dies, everybody tries to act smartly and vote Adeeb. However, I believe he’s trying to be smarter than all of the people here and is trying to frame Adeeb into a scum role. I may or may not be correct, however this is what I think is the most likely situation here.

Flag Post

My position is being a pr0
50-50 give or take
Hamuka/Dj
Eh..Maybe…He is acting like a noob scum…but he may be gambiting.
NO they were very evasive and very deflecting.

Flag Post

Arke is actually framing AdeebNafees as his partner, so a smart person could think that Adeeb is his partner and after arke dies, everybody tries to act smartly and vote Adeeb. However, I believe he’s trying to be smarter than all of the people here and is trying to frame Adeeb into a scum role. I may or may not be correct, however this is what I think is the most likely situation here.

Adding to this, here’s another theory, I think arken is a mime, Adeeb is a fellow mime(he somehow knows Adeeb’s role) and is trying to get adeeb lynched side by side so his faction could win. Thus, by my theory..

[Unvote: Arkenarken]

Flag Post

Arkenarken is noob, but he’s not stupid.

So, this is my conclusion.

He wants people to think he’s Adeeb’s partner, so he makes a super obvious “I’m your partner” post. But since he’s not stupid, he wouldn’t make such a post. He wants people to follow Jaskaran’s line of logic and think that he is trying to make others think that Adeeb is his partner. However, Jaskaran’s line of logic is rather obvious since it’s obvious he’s faking, so in essence he’s using reverse reverse psychology and Adeeb is actually his partner.

Also it may have been a slip of the fingers and he is not faking at all it’s a genuine post.

Flag Post

Guys, mark my words.

If I die on N1, Arken is 80% a mafia. If I do not die, and the mafia kills somebody else, it should be obvious from a certain somebody’s pattern and we should be able to find out a mafia goon.

Flag Post

(Hamham)

His useless RP “actions” and off-topic posts are halting town’s progress and make arguments, helping scum, and making him a burden for the town.

I am not really sure whether they don’t help town at all. The current discussion seems to be almost entirely centering around arken and his VI-like behavior.

He may think that trying to policy lynch someone (especially himself) = being a noob scum.

I will quote what policy lynching is:

Most commonly, it describes the lynch of a player who is not found to be particularly scummy, but because the player’s bad play will hurt the town later on.

arken found Dj scummy. This reply doesn’t make sense to me.

A second possibility could be that dj has made a plan about taking out arken and that plan helps him. (see also: Lyncher/Lynchee)

I would say that you have a too fertile imagination, though since the closed setup always makes me personally envision the weirdest possible combinations, I am not very surprised. This is a sensible explanation of the quote, yes. I wonder whether Dj also thought the same back when he said this, or he had some other idea.

The last possibility is that arken just misunderstood dj’s joke, made a fool out of himself, and made himself a target. (I also deem this the most possible one out of the three.)

I don’t know, but this gives me the wrong vibes. It is as if you are saying that arken is so newby that he won’t understand that there are jokes being made, and then voting him because you think that his behavior is scummy, and not VIish, as you clearly seem to allude to when saying:

His posts are no use to town in 90-100% of the situations due to their extreme stupidity (pardon for this). His useless RP “actions” and off-topic posts are halting town’s progress and make arguments, helping scum, and making him a burden for the town.

I won’t FoS or vote because I don’t find you scummy or suspicious enough yet, but I will keep an eye on you anyway.

(Jask)

It helps it in such an obscure way, that you would never realize if I don’t tell you so, the way it helps the town is that it does nothing.

Pressuring? Now that discussion has been initiated, you can tell us whether it was pressuring.

Or maybe this is some super secret project that you will scream at us for making you reveal? Then don’t bother.

(devourer)

Any player that prefers the night phase over the day, even with low activity, is suspect. If you’re discontent with the current level of activity, create activity.

In a role madness? A PR seems to me to be the most likely possibility.

(Survey by Jask)

Not sure what “position” means. If you mean whether I consider myself a VI, I wouldn’t dream of it, but I don’t find myself a godly scumhunter either.

Next to nil, because I never win role madnesses. Particularly not Ytivitca’s (the only one I won was the one I played worst, so…).

I guess I didn’t really find arken suspicious till he pulled what he pulled at the bottom of this page. Now, I do.

I don’t think so. I have no viable reason to think that he might be scum.

No. The questions were no originally intended for him to be answered, but when he did answer, it only made me more suspicious of him than otherwise.

If you mean that he is executing a gambit, it has to be one of the silliest gambits I have seen done around here.

I don’t really think there are many chances of him being a jester/mime.

Because?

But the thing is, you’re not his partner, his partner may or may not be a close friend of his who prefers friendship over strategy and would try to save him.

Fact: You should never jump to such conclusions. If I know my devourer, which I probably don’t but like to think I do anyway, he usually doesn’t bus his scumbuddies to the point of no return, which is what arken is heading towards currently.

(devourer)

It gives off jester tells, and other scum would consider the choice of NKing the supposed jester at night for safety reasons.

This might be OT, but does the game actually end when the jester is killed? Isn’t it a waste for scum to NK the jester who will wantonly absorb a town lynch on their behalf by acting very scummy?

(Jask)

That’s assuming there are jesters, even though an easily played role, I would think its unlikely somebody chose jesters/mimes. (Unless its stated somewhere and I didn’t read it)

Bluji alluded to their presence. They almost always appear in Ytivitcas. Also, though Jester is an easy to play role, Mime isn’t, really. Having to lose because scum targeted one of your numerous partners is a let-down.

But anyway, I did make close enough friends within 3 days of joining FGF, I don’t really think that it’s impossible as he may have created friendship via chat.

When it comes to mafias, most regs are brutally unsympathetic.

Please explain how a VI is beneficial to town. What do you think are the chances of him being a true VI?

This isn’t intended for me, but I want to answer this anyway because I did mention the fact that VIs are useful first in this thread.

Aside from the fact that VIs are usually only problematic because they are spammy or deviate conversation (both of which can be ignored quite easily), they are something of a meatshield to town, particularly in one where the townbase might possibly be very small. It might mean the different between being in LyLo a day earlier, which results in a hasty lynch.

The bad effects of VIs are also quite easily apparent, though. They appear scummy and deviate attention from actual scum (and you never can tell for sure whether they actually are VIs) and they may bandwagon quite easily (which results in hasty and stupid lynches like in Burn Down the Village Huts).

It is quite a matter of opinion whether you want them around or not. I’d rather have them around unless they start giving off massive scumtells.

(arken)

I believe you are trying a reprise of Bluji’s “Oh I Might Die, But You Go Down With Me” from Vanilla Mafia. Not sure why you picked me among other people. Maybe it is because of the fact that I am one of those who did not vote against you and have an FoS against me?

Thereupon, vote arken because I find this behavior scummy since I am not scum FMPOV and it seems to me like a very badly done frame, particularly because you even copied Bluji to the letter by making the other post like:

(Jask)

Either arken is messing up real bad, or this a tactic. I vote former.

If you mean that arken IS paired scum/whatever with me, can you explain why you say so, aside from arken’s own proclamation?

Flag Post

EBWOP: As might be evident, my post was ninja’d by at least 6 others. Reading them now.

Flag Post

OMFG I now have to write a big discussion thing dammit :| Such a pain.

Flag Post

Pressuring? Now that discussion has been initiated, you can tell us whether it was pressuring.

Or maybe this is some super secret project that you will scream at us for making you reveal? Then don’t bother.

I seriously meant for it to do next to nothing, even though there were a few hopes of arken being pressured, I just mainly did it because I feel like it. Yes I do know this is not a justifiable reason, but it’s true nonetheless. If it did work on arken getting some pressure, even though not intended, that’s nice. We got to his reactions about how he would do under pressure if he got some pressure.

If you mean that he is executing a gambit, it has to be one of the silliest gambits I have seen done around here.

Silly or not, it may still be a gambit. Even if it’s one of the silliest ones, arken is not exactly experienced in mafias and especially gambits either.

Because?

He just doesn’t seem like a jester/mime to me, to be honest. That’s pretty much the only reason.

You should never jump to such conclusions. If I know my devourer, which I probably don’t but like to think I do anyway, he usually doesn’t bus his scumbuddies to the point of no return, which is what arken is heading towards currently.

Well, okay. Wait, whaddya mean by “which is what arken is heading towards currently”, do you perhaps mean that he isn’t bussing his scumbuddies to the point of no return, or is going to the point of no return? On a side note; Get more friends.

Bluji alluded to their presence. They almost always appear in Ytivitcas. Also, though Jester is an easy to play role, Mime isn’t, really.

I don’t think I ever stated mime is an easy-to-play role, I only stated Jester was, as you can clearly see. Also, “Having to lose because scum targeted one of your numerous partners is a let-down.” is exactly the reason why I think mimes will be hardly chosen, as for why the Jester won’t be chosen, I’ll keep that for later.

When it comes to mafias, most regs are brutally unsympathetic.

Most regulars, Adeeb, not all, not all…

Adeeb’s post about how VI’s are beneficial

You stated both the good effects and bad effects of VIs, but I think the bad effects of VIs are far more greater than the good effects of them, thus I don’t like them, also Mafia wouldn’t target them either because they know they’re VIs, I don’t see how they act like meatshields.

If you mean that arken IS paired scum/whatever with me, can you explain why you say so, aside from arken’s own proclamation?

Read my later posts. I actually think arken may be framing you. Or you’re a mime partner of his.

Flag Post

No point voting Arken. If you looked at page 5 we have reached 9 votes, meaning we’re officially in the Twilight Phase and Arken is as good as dead. I hammered him.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

No point voting Arken. If you looked at page 5 we have reached 9 votes, meaning we’re officially in the Twilight Phase and Arken is as good as dead. I hammered him.

I have unvoted arken, just so you know if you didn’t read.

Flag Post

You can’t vote or unvote when in Twilight.

The moment I hammered, Arken’s lynch was guarunteed. The day was over, twilight had come and you can’t vote or unvote.

Flag Post

Bluji didn’t say Twilight came.

Flag Post

Twilight is the colloquial name for the time between the hammering vote and the time when the mod pops in to post the death scene.