Even in the ancient Rome, people were very varied. There were jesters and kings and even werewolves back then. Since then, all kinds of aligned roles were invented. Now, we come to the modern ages, 2012, 29th September. Bluji’s starting yet another mafia, his fourth one in the Ytivitca series. Who will win this time?
ytIVitca is a sequel to my earlier mafias, Ytivitca, Ytivitca Erom and Ytivitca III: World at War. The series is based on the idea ‘Pick Their Poison’, which lets you choose your own role. Or at least basically allows you to choose your role, that is. Let me explain:
First, you say you sign up in this thread, then PM me a three-role list of roles you’d want to play. The first role in the list is the one you want to play the most, the second is the second one on your “most-wanted” list and et cetera. You must say what the role does.
Each role may only have one ability, for example you may request to be a Cop (a role which can investigate one person each night and find out their alignment) or a Mafia Goon (a role which helps the mafia godfather decide who is the nightkill target each night), but not a Mafia Cop. Though, requesting both Cop and Mafia Goon may result in you becoming a Mafia Cop, because I give you your roles and try to balance them the best I can. But as I said, ‘combination roles’ are not allowed.
Here’s an example PM:
1. Doctor (town alignment, can protect one person each night from one nightkill only, cannot protect self, cannot protect the same person on consecutive nights, can vote and talk)
2. Mafia Goon (mafia alignment, helps the mafia godfather to decide the nightkill target, can vote and talk)
3. Vanilla Townie (town alignment, no special abilities, can vote and talk)
Two of the roles must be picked from here. The third role is of your own choice, so use it as your advantage. But still, remember that combination roles aren’t allowed! In addition to the Mafiascum list, you may request Post Restrictor as one of the ‘listed’ roles.
Hope you all have a fun time with the game. Here are also the rules of the game.
1. You must vote like this: Vote [insert username here]. Bolded, and clear in any way. Same for the unvoting: Unvote [insert person I’m voting now here]. You can only vote a new person if you unvote. I’m sorry, but this rule is here to make my job easier.
2. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread with anyone unless your role PM specifically states that you may do so, and then only with the person or people specified in your role PM.
3. Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. The only thing you can type is a “bah” post. “Bah” posts may not contain ANY information relating to this game—a violation of this will result in a ban from my next forum game.
4. Night actions are all completely optional. But trust me, you will want to use them. If you know you will not be available during the night phase, you can PM me your action during the day phase.
5. The days may only finish if the majority of the town are voting. That means over 50% have to be voting in order for the day to finish in time. In case half of the town are not voting when the deadline strikes, 24 hours will be added into the deadline to make the final deadline, where the person with most votes is lynched.
6. If you aren’t part of the game, please don’t post in the thread.
7. This isn’t as much of a rule as advice. Don’t bandwagon if you are suspicious of someone else.
8. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).
9. No alts. If I find out you are using alts, you will lose my respect, as well as the ability to join any future games I make. And I will refer to you as Cheatroach for the rest of my life.
10. Obvious rule is obvious: this is a game, so if you die here, you don’t die in RL. Same goes for killing.
11. If there’s a tie in the votes, the player which got the most votes first will get lynched.
12. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If I consider your lurking or inactivity to disrupt game flow, you may be replaced, or if a replacement isn’t found, modkilled. You must let me know through PM if you are not going to have a computer available for the duration of multiple phases.
13. Day phases will usually last for three RL days (72 hours) and night phases will usually last two RL days (48 hours). In addition, if I find it necessary, I may shorten the phases (especially the night phase) to speed up the game’s progress.
14. You must vote every second day phase in order to stay in the game. If you don’t vote on two consecutive day phases, you will be replaced, or if a replacement isn’t found, modkilled.
15. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages (pictures, word-to-word copies) is highly prohibited.