[Chat Games Sub-Section] Live Chat Games page 10

281 posts

Flag Post

I personally think jesters shouldn’t be allowed in chat mafia, too easy, even fooling a larger population takes time, but doing it in chat is too easy.

Flag Post

Alrighty, time for another update soon, I think.

Also, perhaps sometime in chat, to give it more authority, we agree on the rules together?

Flag Post

Thought I’d comment on this. I agree on the proposal of bastard games being announced. Doesn’t mean the hosts have to announce the setup (that’d take away the element of surprise), but at least the players will be a bit more careful when they play.

I appear to be quite good at winning games which end with profuse apologies from the host. At least, the last two games I’ve won have both been almost identical (me hammering at the last moment, gasps from the crowd etc.).

Also, as for agreeing on the rules proposed by Frick, I think this thread is really the best place for doing that. I’d like to propose a coupla rules (might be obvious, but this should be quite thorough):

1) When making an official vote, put your vote in [brackets] to make it easier for the host to read.

2) When you are dead, not participating, or just want to say something not relevant to the game, please use (parenthesis).

3) No talking at night.

4) Self-voting isn’t allowed unless specified by the host.

5) If you’re going to be a bastard host, announce that you are going to be a bastard host before the game.

6) If, as host, you don’t want to reveal information, just say you aren’t revealing it. Even if you’re a bastard host, don’t blatantly lie, just be vague.

7) Plurality is by default not in effect. If there is not a majority of votes for one person by the end of the day, the day ends with a no lynch unless the host specifically says that plurality rule is in effect.

8) No private conversations among the players, unless specified in your role PM.

9) As host, should you require dispensing any warnings, you should contact the player by PM. This is to prevent people from confirming their PRs by breaking them once. Should you need to modkill someone, wait till the end of the phase to do so.

10) Screenies are prohibited. However, if someone has privately contacted you (breaking the rules, see 8), you may send a screenie to the host via PM to prove your claim.

Also, not as much as a rule suggestion as advice: Please, don’t so the “vote, unvote, vote, unvote” gambit. I understand that it sometimes works in Turbo mafia, but in ordinary mafia, it is just a nuisance. Scum are usually clever enough not to leap onto a one-man wagon, and all it does is make town suspicious of you for no reason except that you are derailing the conversation.

Flag Post

1) When making an official vote, put your vote in [brackets] to make it easier for the host to read. Woon is the only exception.

Fix’d

Flag Post

My sort of custom game

Would have been even more interesting if a few events didn’t happen but I thought it was a good game overall.

Winners: Machi (lyncher), Frick (mafia with no powers), tomato (roleblocking mafia)
Losers: Perry (doctor), Crown (lyncher), turtle (super vigilante)

Flag Post

Domination

Just a little game I thought of. It’s a psychological strategy/mind game. There would be rounds until a person gets 3 points. I held another one later, with the same participants, for up to 5 points, woon and ’deeb won that one, but forgot to pastebin it.

Participants

AdeebNafees, Woon1957, Djrockstar/deejayrawkstur

Winner

Woon1957

Flag Post

5 person vanilla mafia

Winners – Town: adeeb/salt – VT, Tomato – cop, Iman – VT, Bob – doctor

Loser – Mafia: braves – mafia

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

5 person vanilla mafia

Winners – Town: adeeb/salt – VT, Tomato – cop, Iman – VT, Bob – doctor

Loser – Mafia: braves – mafia

Who is hosting the room ATM?

Flag Post

Who is hosting the room ATM?

I normally host if racefan is afk

Flag Post

I haven’t hosted any game since Sunday (except for a 3-player mafia that Bluji did), because no one seems to be interested in joining my room unless there’s a mafia going on, and a mafia’s never going on because there’s no one in my room. It’s a perfect catch-22.

I have been online most of the time, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

I haven’t hosted any game since Sunday (except for a 3-player mafia that Bluji did), because no one seems to be interested in joining my room unless there’s a mafia going on, and a mafia’s never going on because there’s no one in my room. It’s a perfect catch-22.

I have been online most of the time, though.

What I have been doing is using adv0’s room for chat purposes and then just asking when there appear to be enough people to play a game if anyone wants to play mafia, then hosting from there

Flag Post

I’m always up for a game whenever I’m on :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

same here :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by abidcool:

Same, but whenever I join, 90% of the time it’s just race and I.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Domination

Just a little game I thought of. It’s a psychological strategy/mind game. There would be rounds until a person gets 3 points. I held another one later, with the same participants, for up to 5 points, woon and ’deeb won that one, but forgot to pastebin it.

Participants

AdeebNafees, Woon1957, Djrockstar/deejayrawkstur

Winner

Woon1957

Sounds similar to Insight/The Search :P.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:
Originally posted by abidcool:

Same, but whenever I join, 90% of the time it’s just race and I.

Which room are you guys in?

Flag Post

abid, racefan12’s K+ room.

Where else? He is now the official chat games private chatroom host.

Flag Post

Oh right didnt see the OP saying racefan is new host

Flag Post

Sounds similar to Insight/The Search :P.

What’s that?

Flag Post

So I finally got around to hosting that game I’ve been wanting to host.

Bob10110’s Role Madness / B-mod Mafia game variant. Chatlog here.

Player list: AdeebNafees, Seedlings, Woon, DarkRainyKnight, Bluji, Frankiesmum

Stuff in this game:

• Professions: Bodyguard, Doctor, Reporter, Roleblocker, Vigilante, (Mafia) Thief.
  • Active Traits: Alien, Assassin, Broadcaster, Bus Driver, Mad Scientist, Witch.
  • Passive Traits (hidden, hence the B-mod): (2x) Lovers, Fast Plague, Slow Plague, Magician, Zombie.

If you want an explanation of ANY of these, go ahead and ask me (or anybody else that was in the game). The Pastebin I used for the rules is expired (because I now have more questions for the FAQ).

Thoughts: Dear goodness that took a lot longer than I thought it would have. Thankfully nobody had to replace, but the last night was reeeeeeally weird nonetheless. Thought the Mafia (Frankiesmum) had it won up to that point.

Also, I screwed up Lovers. I just knew something was going to go wrong.

Winners (Town): AdeebNafees, Bluji, DarkRainyKnight, Seedlings, Woon.

Flag Post

Check me out y’all ^

♫ They see me trolling ♪

Flag Post

That game could possibly rival my luck in ytivitcA III.

Flag Post

Die Hard Dethy

http://pastebin.com/5QTX6Fiy

Winner: AdeebNafees (mafia goon)

Losers: SS_Seedlings (sane agent), Woon1957 (naive cop), hamuka (paranoid investigator)

So, it was a closed Dethy. Mwahaha.

Flag Post

I called it on the first day. Mwahahaha.

Flag Post

Trollol Mafia

http://pastebin.com/WFRxTAfE

Winners: AdeebNafees (broadcaster), Woon1957 (post restrictor)

Losers: hamuka (even-day jester), SS_Seedlings (mafia 1-shot daykiller)