Blind Man's Lynch (Aborted) - I Suck At Balancing Games (locked)

139 posts

Flag Post

Generic Rules Spiel
1. Votes and unvotes must be bolded, IE Vote: roband.
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread, a PM to the Mod, or a PM to your scumbuddies (if any).
3. Once your death flavor has been posted, there’s no bringing you back into the game. At this point, you are no longer allowed to post stuff that reveals important game details, such as a Cop result.
4. Night actions must be PM’d to me if you want to use them. I will allow you to pre-send them during the day phase, though. Townies should submit two target players in case they’re the Bus Driver and a gift preference in case they’re the Gift!Enabler. The first name listed will be used for single-target abilities.
5. If at least half of the players are voting for the same player, the day will end early. The day-ending vote is referred to as a Hammer, whether the voter knows this or not.
6. If you aren’t a part of this game, please do not post in this thread unless you’re signing up as a reserve. Alternatively, you may PM me if you want to be a reserve.
7. Do not edit or delete your posts. If you need to change or clarify something from a previous post, use an EBWOP (Edit By Way of [Multi-]Post). I will not punish multiposts.
8. If I catch you using an alt to sign multiple accounts up to this game, you will be kicked out and permanently banned from my games. If the game is already running, modkills and/or replacements will happen.
9. If the votals are tied, the first relevant vote will break the tie.
10. If you’re playing, you’re expected to post. Lurkers are frowned upon. If you need to be replaced, let me know. I reserve the right to modkill or replace lurkers.
11. You can expect days to last up to 120 IRL hours (5 IRL days) and nights to last up to 72 IRL hours (3 IRL days). I reserve the right to shorten these phases as players’ avatars start dying.
12. Do not post any PM from me (THAT MEANS NO SCREENSHOTS!) or quote verbatim from it. If you must mention it, paraphrase.
13. Not even death can save you from the mod’s wrath. If you are modkilled or exiled, your win condition is null and void… simply put, you lose. I also reserve the right to reveal your role immediately after a modkill or exile. Repeat offenses can and will result in bans from my future games.

Game-specific rule: Townies will be given another player’s role (IE “Taric Bot is a Vanilla Townie.”) instead of their own. Roleclaim at your own risk
Townies will be given three roles that they aren’t (IE “You are not a Vanilla Townie, Schizophrenic Cop, or Raucous Exorcist.”)

• Cop (x1): Can investigate one player per night. Gets target’s alignment (Town/Mafia/SK)
  • Doctor (x1): Can protect one player per night from the factional kill. Cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
  • Roleblocker (x1): Target player’s ability is negated.
  • Vigilante (x1): Can kill one player per night.
  • Busdriver (x1): Swaps two players per night. Whatever would affect one player would affect the other instead, and vice versa.
  • Kevlar Townie (x1): Two-shot immunity to Vigilante and/or Mafia factional kills.
  • Chainmail Townie (x1): Permanent Serial Killer NK immunity
  • Gift!Enabler (x1): Target player gets either a one-shot cop, one-shot doctor, or one-shot nightkill. The same gift may be given out on multiple nights. Gifts can be used starting on the next night, can be withheld indefinitely, and are not destroyed if the Gift!Enabler dies.
  • Mafia Rolecop (x1): Can investigate one player per night when not carrying out factional kill. Gets target’s exact role.
  • Mafia Doctor (x1): Can protect one player per night when not carrying out factional kill.
  • Death Godfather (x1): Once during this game, this player may PM me with a role they want to disguise themselves as. As long as this player hasn’t carried out the factional kill, he/she will appear as the target role when investigated or killed. This power stops working if the DG is the last anti-town role alive.
  • Serial Killer (x1): Can kill one player per night. One-shot NK immunity. Wins by being one of the last two players standing.

Kill priority: Serial Killer > Mafia > Vigilante > First Gift Nightkill given > Last Gift Nightkill given

Flag Post

Players
1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50
5. CowFriend
6. myhome16
7. Jaskaran2000
8. devourer359
9. SisterEvil
10. Woon1957
11. helltank
12. Bluji
Reserves: racefan12, djrockstar, Willie11111

Phases
This game was aborted before it could even get anywhere.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

This seems very interesting. Interesting enough that I will sign without reading the role setup ATM. Will read at leisure.

Flag Post

Look at my name carefully it’s pretty much 2 words withnospaceinbetweenthem.

Flag Post

Sign because Sign.

Flag Post

yayyyyy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

yayyyyy

That a sign?

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

May i post my signomid?
It is a big quote with sign in the middle.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

sign for…peanuts!

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Sign

Flag Post

Sign.

Can I clarify something? If you’re told somebody else’s role and not your own, then how will you know if you can perform a night action?

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Sign.

Can I clarify something? If you’re told somebody else’s role and not your own, then how will you know if you can perform a night action?

That, and the fact that aren’t scum like doomed D1 when all the townies who got their roles go “trololol revealashun tiem!” on the thread?

Flag Post

Sign. Ship, I don’t want to miss an RB mafia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Sign.

You won’t—that’s why you send in one anyway (or multiple, as described in the OP).

More interesting is the X-shot abilities that you may or may not have.

I really wish I could be in this game. EDIT: Sign—heck, I’m checking Kong at least once a day anyway.

That, and the fact that aren’t scum like doomed D1 when all the townies who got their roles go “trololol revealashun tiem!” on the thread?

How do you know that all the scum PMs are going to be sent to townies? If you receive a scum PM, why would you reveal it knowing you could be scum? Not to mention the fact that claims can be easily faked.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

When submitting a night action you don’t even know, you are allowed to submit up to two target names and a target item. I will work with what’s given to me. If you are afraid of vigging a fellow townie, you may withhold your action.

Flag Post

Townies will be given another player’s role (IE “Taric Bot is a Vanilla Townie.”) instead of their own.

Does this mean the mafia will still get their own roles?

Flag Post

Confirmed.

Flag Post

The Death Godfather was back, and this time, he brought a smaller pet…
The town of Blarghenfhdibylnohip was having a huge party and had exchanged some phone numbers, but not enough to be able to fully expect what happened next: The Death Godfather slipped in and lobotomized all of the townies! He then proceeded to bring in backup, but even he could not expect a Serial Killer to have missed the party.
Now it was up to the townies to find and lynch the scum, only knowing one of their neighbors… AND NOT THEIR OWN POWERS.

Day 1 has begun. I’ll set the deadline at 10/9, 12 Noon, UTC-7. Hammer is at seven votes on the same player.

Flag Post

Zip is the roleblocker.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Townies will be given another player’s role (IE “Taric Bot is a Vanilla Townie.”) instead of their own.

Does this mean the mafia will still get their own roles?

I won’t subject you to the humiliation conga since this wasn’t what I was talking about when I mentioned ninjas.

Anyways. Yes, because they didn’t show up until after the DG lobotomoized the eight townies and the DG didn’t accidentally lobotomize (him/her)self. The Serial Killer didn’t attend the party, so (s)he knows who (s)he is too.