Blind Man's Lynch (Aborted) - I Suck At Balancing Games page 3 (locked)

139 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Also, how did Jask know Zip is the roleblocker? It isn’t even night yet.

Everybody gets a Pm of somebody else’s role

Flag Post

Hehehehe

Jask

AHAHAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Hehehehe

Jask

AHAHAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!!

wtf is this shit?

Flag Post

Hehehehe

Jask

AHAHAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!!

Wat

Flag Post

(Ok I’’ll stop spamming now.)

Flag Post

Start making sense, zip.

Flag Post

Hehehehe

Jask

AHAHAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!!

(Ok I’’ll stop spamming now.)

dafuq? I didn’t throw any Jesters into this setup.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

Also, how did Jask know Zip is the roleblocker? It isn’t even night yet.

Everybody gets a Pm of somebody else’s role

Apart from the mafia.

Flag Post

Yeah, well played, devourer. I can see why you’re doing this survey now (though it still doesn’t help in every other normally set up mafia).

Also, I like the game design. Not reading the rules actually screws you over this game. Nice job, Race.

Flag Post

First off. Helltank is the Vig. I felt i needed to say this because if he uses his ability twice, that could be a large problem for town logistics.

1. Without any knowledge of scumtells or the roles of anybody (including yourself), what would you choose at night for your two players and item? Why? You are free to answer with less than two players and one item, but explain your reason for doing so if you do.

Seeing as i am not an NK’r as I know helltank is the VIG, and i am town, my choices would be 1 shot-doc on helltank (because i know he is town) then Devourer.

2. How do you usually play as a townie?
3. How do you usually play as a mafia?

Both are similar. both are this:
BY AN link for the referenced groups. CB=Mafia

h2. The Guy in the Shadows
myhome16
Sharing strong characteristics of both the Defensive as well the Active CB, myhome is slightly unique in comparison to other players in that he has neither shifted into the background, nor put sparkly things all over his body and pranced about like a… butterfly, yeah. With a voting pattern similar to group A but an activity pattern similar to group B, myhome is like the bridge between the two worlds, sharing pros and cons from both groups in a way that makes him look as suspicious as a gunman while seemingly as trustworthy as your own blood brother.
He has his own thought patterns, as apparent from the FoS on Race, but seems to like going with the flow, like Bluji or IE. Does that make him a possible scum? To be sure, yes. Unlike a possible Group A scum, myhome has the advantage of having shown that he can think independently from others when under “dire” need. Is it very unlikely for him to just go with the majority for, say, the first couple of lynches, and then suddenly shift into his analytical mood whereupon he starts influencing the wagon just enough to lynch those who might be a threat to his win?
But then, is it the safest bet for scum? He is, as said, “the guy in the shadows”. Rather like a subtle hand on the wagon that pushes it forward. Sooner or later, someone’s going to notice how he plays, and then, unless he gets very lucky, the lynch is probably inevitable. He must be very, very careful to balance the two conflicting playstyles, and that is a rather difficult feat in itself, especially when you can’t get rid of someone who suspects you without inviting more suspicious.
An interesting point to note is a particular answer in his RQS form, in which he mentioned that he couldn’t cover scumtells well. While this might sound like a Bluji ripoff, it doesn’t apply in the same way as myhome has been relatively more active than Bluji, and shouldn’t that make him drop a hell lot of scumtells already, and warn him to switch to complete passive mode? That’s something in his favor, even if it isn’t much.

4. RNG a random player off of random.org and analyze that player’s meta. How do they usually play as a townie? How do they usually play as a mafia? What are some specific scumtells common to them to pay attention to? etc.

I got me myself Cowfriend.
He plays like a VI. ‘nuff said. And with his blatent admission of MAFIAIDIOT/SKIDIOT, we won’t have to worry much about him.

5. Do you think that it’s more important for town to scumhunt for the mafia or for the SK?

Mafia. They end the game sooner.
On the flip side, finding one does NOT eliminate the NK, so it can be argued for the SK.

6. If you have a Power Role, are you willing to rush Day to use it?

Never.

7. Is it better to lynch or leave alone VI’s with no scumtells?

They can be a fallback, BUT, they can also be convinced to Hammer for the mafia, so, i am impartial.

8. What do you think about Jask’s claim about Z being a roleblocker?

I trust it. If he were to be lying, the one who actually had his role should’ve come forth.

9. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?

Always.

10. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

I shall endeavor to be moderately valuable. As in my normal look at big posts, say nothing, post a big analysis somewhere and becoming a power player somewhere around turn ~4.

11. What is your position on FoSing?

I hate it. It let’s the mafia know if you are on to them.

Flag Post

EBWODP:
Vote Cowfriend for ruining our plan

Flag Post

Yeah, well played, devourer. I can see why you’re doing this survey now (though it still doesn’t help in every other normally set up mafia).

Also, I like the game design. Not reading the rules actually screws you over this game. Nice job, Race.

This, my friends is a confession.

Vote Cowfriend

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

First off. Helltank is the Vig. I felt i needed to say this because if he uses his ability twice, that could be a large problem for town logistics.

1. Without any knowledge of scumtells or the roles of anybody (including yourself), what would you choose at night for your two players and item? Why? You are free to answer with less than two players and one item, but explain your reason for doing so if you do.

Seeing as i am not an NK’r as I know helltank is the VIG, and i am town, my choices would be 1 shot-doc on helltank (because i know he is town) then Devourer.

2. How do you usually play as a townie?
3. How do you usually play as a mafia?

Both are similar. both are this:
BY AN link for the referenced groups. CB=Mafia

h2. The Guy in the Shadows
myhome16
Sharing strong characteristics of both the Defensive as well the Active CB, myhome is slightly unique in comparison to other players in that he has neither shifted into the background, nor put sparkly things all over his body and pranced about like a… butterfly, yeah. With a voting pattern similar to group A but an activity pattern similar to group B, myhome is like the bridge between the two worlds, sharing pros and cons from both groups in a way that makes him look as suspicious as a gunman while seemingly as trustworthy as your own blood brother.
He has his own thought patterns, as apparent from the FoS on Race, but seems to like going with the flow, like Bluji or IE. Does that make him a possible scum? To be sure, yes. Unlike a possible Group A scum, myhome has the advantage of having shown that he can think independently from others when under “dire” need. Is it very unlikely for him to just go with the majority for, say, the first couple of lynches, and then suddenly shift into his analytical mood whereupon he starts influencing the wagon just enough to lynch those who might be a threat to his win?
But then, is it the safest bet for scum? He is, as said, “the guy in the shadows”. Rather like a subtle hand on the wagon that pushes it forward. Sooner or later, someone’s going to notice how he plays, and then, unless he gets very lucky, the lynch is probably inevitable. He must be very, very careful to balance the two conflicting playstyles, and that is a rather difficult feat in itself, especially when you can’t get rid of someone who suspects you without inviting more suspicious.
An interesting point to note is a particular answer in his RQS form, in which he mentioned that he couldn’t cover scumtells well. While this might sound like a Bluji ripoff, it doesn’t apply in the same way as myhome has been relatively more active than Bluji, and shouldn’t that make him drop a hell lot of scumtells already, and warn him to switch to complete passive mode? That’s something in his favor, even if it isn’t much.

4. RNG a random player off of random.org and analyze that player’s meta. How do they usually play as a townie? How do they usually play as a mafia? What are some specific scumtells common to them to pay attention to? etc.

I got me myself Cowfriend.
He plays like a VI. ‘nuff said. And with his blatent admission of MAFIAIDIOT/SKIDIOT, we won’t have to worry much about him.

5. Do you think that it’s more important for town to scumhunt for the mafia or for the SK?

Mafia. They end the game sooner.
On the flip side, finding one does NOT eliminate the NK, so it can be argued for the SK.

6. If you have a Power Role, are you willing to rush Day to use it?

Never.

7. Is it better to lynch or leave alone VI’s with no scumtells?

They can be a fallback, BUT, they can also be convinced to Hammer for the mafia, so, i am impartial.

8. What do you think about Jask’s claim about Z being a roleblocker?

I trust it. If he were to be lying, the one who actually had his role should’ve come forth.

9. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?

Always.

10. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

I shall endeavor to be moderately valuable. As in my normal look at big posts, say nothing, post a big analysis somewhere and becoming a power player somewhere around turn ~4.

11. What is your position on FoSing?

8: The real person wouldn’t have come forth because the Roleblocker would not know himself.

Flag Post

(Wait a second, are the roles:

Cop (x1): Can investigate one player per night. Gets target’s alignment (Town/Mafia/SK)
Doctor (x1): Can protect one player per night from the factional kill. Cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
Roleblocker (x1): Target player’s ability is negated.
Vigilante (x1): Can kill one player per night.
Busdriver (x1): Swaps two players per night. Whatever would affect one player would affect the other instead, and vice versa.
Kevlar Townie (x1): Two-shot immunity to Vigilante and/or Mafia factional kills.
Chainmail Townie (x1): Permanent Serial Killer NK immunity
Gift!Enabler (x1): Target player gets either a one-shot cop, one-shot doctor, or one-shot nightkill. The same gift may be given out on multiple nights. Gifts can be used starting on the next night, can be withheld indefinitely, and are not destroyed if the Gift!Enabler dies.

Count as townies?)

Flag Post

Why do you guys feel the need to post in and quote big test :/?

(Jaskaran)

Okay, firstly, I would like to say that I immediately posted what I got from the host, about the role because I know I will eventually turn evil and would blackmail people for the information I have on Zip, even if I am town, so to prevent that I posted zip’s role, he may be the jack-in-the-box, or he is the role-blocker.

Please clarify what you mean by this.

I believe it’s more important to scumhunt for the Serial Killer, as RaceBandit said in the OPs, SK is the most important to kill person, as he is really dangerous. Giving a reason just in case.

Are you talking about his kill priority? Those are for night actions. I’m not too sure if this comment is a precursor to selective scumhunting, but I’ll note this.

Lolno. I would rather wait till we get more gevidence on scum, if I am town. If I was mafia, I would be sorta rushing.

Explain your actions in other mafias where you rushed Day and were townie.

If we have a strong scum lead, leave alone. If we cannot find any scum leads, lynch.

Explain why it wouldn’t be a better idea to scumhunt to create a strong scum lead. Scum leads don’t pop out of nowhere.

or think posts.

I’ll ignore this :P.

Completely unrelated, but what do SI’s mean?

Scum Idiots. An example would be kingzak from Vanilla Mafia.

I have no idea what you’re asking.

I suggest you read through the thread. The entire thread.

Why, if I may ask?

The scum win is based on the number of townies still alive. It would be best to keep as much townies alive to prevent a MyLo.

(myhome)

If Helltank is the vig, he would be targeted immediately at night. Why do you feel the need to force the scum to kill me?

A reasonable mafia should know that you’re onto them once you start pressuring and interrogating them. A FoS makes no difference in this case.

(Z)

8: The real person wouldn’t have come forth because the Roleblocker would not know himself.

He means the person that knows the real Roleblocker. It would mean a surefire scum lynch if somebody counter claimed.

Count as townies?)

Yes.

I would like people to stop being scared of the survey and at least make an attempt to answer it. I would also like everyone to claim another person as town without revealing their role. The scum would be forced to fake claims on themselves, as nobody would claim for them. If everyone cooperates, this would reveal the SK and with analysis, the mafia. Anybody that doesn’t claim and anybody that isn’t revealed as town by another is a target for lynching.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50
5. CowFriend = Confirmed Mafia/SK
6. myhome16 = Helltank is the Vigilante.
7. Jaskaran2000 = Zzzip50 is the Roleblocker.
8. devourer359 = SilverEvil is Town.
9. SisterEvil
10. Woon1957
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

At this point, everyone.

Flag Post

What survey?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

What survey?

Why is everyone here against the idea of actually reading the thread?

Flag Post

Why do you guys feel the need to post in and quote big test :/?

I was unsure if Helltank would read that part, unless it was VERY big.

Flag Post

EbWOP

A reasonable mafia should know that you’re onto them once you start pressuring and interrogating them. A FoS makes no difference in this case.

I don’t need to question them. Mostly, others do it for me.
Until my post analysis.
Even then I don’t really question.

What questioning does is puts into your mind a reasonable doubt. If you don’t question, you don’t really have that doubt.

Flag Post

What questioning does is puts into your mind a reasonable doubt. If you don’t question, you don’t really have that doubt.

So you’d rather lynch someone without giving them a chance and without attempting to figure out if you’re actually correct?

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

So you’d rather lynch someone without giving them a chance and without attempting to figure out if you’re actually correct?

Mostly, yes.
My instincts are quite often right.

Flag Post

@dev’s survey:

1: The two people who are most suspicous today and investigate, because I can tell people their roles but I’d only tell people if they want me to.
2: Sign up, be active for day one, be inactive (but lurk) for the rest of the game.
3: ^
4: I’m confused
5: SK?
6: No.
7: The latter
8: Too early
9: Yes.
10: Quite a lot. And Yes
11: ???

Flag Post

Unvote Cowfriend and Vote T6salt until he claims another as a townie.

@dev’s survey:

Oh boy, where to start?

The two people who are most suspicous today and investigate, because I can tell people their roles but I’d only tell people if they want me to.

This response reminds me a lot of Cowfriend’s in that you have no idea what you’re talking about. For the first person, you have the possibility of giving him a protect. For the second, you won’t cause any differences during the night in that scum won’t target themselves and if they were suspicious, they would be targeted anyways. As for the investigate, you can’t even gift one, nor do I see why you would want to give scum an investigate.

Sign up, be active for day one, be inactive (but lurk) for the rest of the game.

You’re planning to be inactive? And if this is active, what do you call inactive?

I’m confused

Do the same thing as questions 2 and 3, but for a random player that isn’t you.

SK?

Explain why.

The latter

Explain why.

???

Finger of Suspicion. Are they useful or not? What do you use them for?

Flag Post

Taking back what I said about this game having good design. Mafia has way too big of a disadvantage. Doing what devourer is doing right now, it takes tremendous luck to guess another player’s role. Yeah, honestly think I would still get screwed over even if I read the rules.

Flag Post

SK? = Me asking what a SK is.

You’re planning to be inactive? …

No you just asked what I do when I’m town or mafia.

You didn’t ask me to explain why for the second time to explain why.

Do the same thing as questions 2 and 3, but for a random player that isn’t you

Still confused.

I uses Finger of Suspicion for basically telling people that I think Player X is suspicious.