Blind Man's Lynch (Aborted) - I Suck At Balancing Games page 5 (locked)

139 posts

Flag Post

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50 = Myhome is Town.
5. CowFriend = Confirmed Mafia/SK
6. myhome16 = Helltank is the Vigilante.
7. Jaskaran2000 = Zzzip50 is the Roleblocker.
8. devourer359 = SilverEvil is Town.
9. SisterEvil = AdeebNafees is Town.
10. Woon1957 = Devourer is the Kevlar Townie.
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

Everyone except Myhome, SilverEvil, and Devourer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

Why only those three lol?

Flag Post

Why only those three lol?

Because one of them is me.

Everyone who doesn’t both claim someone as a townie and get claimed as a townie by someone else is a candidate for lynch.

Flag Post

So why am I not on it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

So why am I not on it.

Because I forgot about Jask’s claim. Because God told me to do it that way, but fine. If you say so.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

T6salt, AdeebNafees, TwistedCakez, CowFriend, Jaskaran2000, SilverEvil, Woon1957, helltank, and Bluji.

Flag Post

Oops, I left in some stuff that I should have deleted.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

T6salt, AdeebNafees, TwistedCakez, CowFriend, Jaskaran2000, SilverEvil, Woon1957, helltank, and Bluji.

Flag Post

SO WHY AM I NOT ON IT.

Originally posted by devourer359:
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

So why am I not on it.

Because I forgot about Jask’s claim. Because God told me to do it that way, but fine. If you say so.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

SO WHY AM I NOT ON IT.

Flag Post

So you want to be lynched?

Flag Post

Nvm. Lol? Youconfuseme. I read too quickly for my own good.

Flag Post

I’m keeping my three eyes on you Devourer…

Flag Post

LolOloLolOlOL.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Flag Post

Multiposting is fun.

Flag Post

Also what is with the weird titles.

Flag Post

If all of the people who claimed others as town are candidates, then their claim would be void…confused.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

If all of the people who claimed others as town are candidates, then their claim would be void…confused.

I don’t see this as being a problem once all townies claim.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

That’s not gonna change a thing. It’s the mafia side that needs to be fixed.

The problem that sprang up is that eight players could easily confirm each other as town by massclaiming, while only scum would try to confirm each other as town. I can’t remember whether I had one or two daisy chains when distributing the PMs, but even if it were two, we’d have three chains of four players each. I was really hoping to see falseclaims from scum since town doesn’t know their own roles without having another player confirm it, but now I can imagine this…
(1-8: Town, 9-11: Mafia, 12: SK)
P3: Doc on P4, he’s the Cop
P9: Vote: P3 P4 is the Vig.
P2: P3 is a Kevlar Townie.
P12: You sure? My PM says he’s the Chainmail Townie.
P1: P2 is the Bus Driver
(And so on, until P7 claims who P8 is.)
At that point, scum’s out of players for counterclaims, with the townies covering each other. Can’t see scum wiggle their way outta that.

I was under the assumption that if you could list two to four roles you weren’t, so could the anti-town, and nobody would be confirmed.

If the game isn’t reset by the time D1 ends, we’ll continue. Otherwise, I’ll reshuffle the roles, pick out eight sequences for the townies’ role PMs, and then we start over with a fresh D1.

Flag Post

If the game isn’t reset by the time D1 ends, we’ll continue. Otherwise, I’ll reshuffle the roles, pick out eight sequences for the townies’ role PMs, and then we start over with a fresh D1.

If we fulfill the condition that you feel happy enough to continue, we continue?

Flag Post

That’s why you shouldn’t use these complex mechanics in your games. You risk the game being exploited. If scum falseclaim, it conflicts with the town’s claim and can usually be resolved by the next day.

But I would say reset the game with that new setup, since it’s better than the current state.

Also, for people who’s saying “continue as it is”, I got to shake my head. I don’t see why you would enjoy playing a mafia game that’s being rigged so hard.

Flag Post

I’m fine with a reset if its wanted; you should have done one with 2 of 4, simply removing the names :P.

I was really hoping to see falseclaims from scum since town

Scum hasn’t falseclaimed yet? That leaves T6salt, AdeebNafees, TwistedCakez, and Bluji as candidates for lynch. And if this is true, surely a reset is needed.

Flag Post

Yeah, this setup is broken and I’m requesting a reset. Unlike the mafia who can falseclaim each other, the SK — me — has no one to get him a falseclaim making the setup practically impossible to win.

Flag Post

Immediately posting a response here because feel like it

Explain your actions in other mafias where you rushed Day and were townie.

Never. Ever. Got. A. Power. Role. ;-;

Flag Post

Role Confirmed

Jaksaran is town and I need to visit him or I will never know who I am or something according to the flavor I received.

(Devourer Survey thing)

1. Without any knowledge of scumtells or the roles of anybody (including yourself), what would you choose at night for your two players and item? Why? You are free to answer with less than two players and one item, but explain your reason for doing so if you do.

devourer and Woon1957, NK. The former because I don’t trust him an inch, and would like to know his role/get rid of him, whichever faction. The latter because she will never post in the thread enough for me to ever be able to guess at her role, or because her death will give no clues to anybody whatsoever

When it comes to the gift, scum wouldn’t benefit from the extra NK. Devourer as town would be a great user of the NK, IMO (well, he did say he plays better as scum than town. I prefer the gun in a professional’s hand) and Woon because eh. I wouldn’t want her to get an NK, now that I think of it….

2. How do you usually play as a townie?

In a clumsy, self satisfied fashion.

3. How do you usually play as a mafia?

In a quiet, self conscious fashion. I guess that is pretty normal. I don’t know my own meta, though I am pretty sure there are words that I use more as town than as scum.

4. RNG a random player off of random.org and analyze that player’s meta. How do they usually play as a townie? How do they usually play as a mafia? What are some specific scumtells common to them to pay attention to? etc.

Sorry, but I got SilverEvil and haven’t got time to analyze him. Very busy ATM.

If you ask me, though, I have seen his play once or twice as town, and one of the prominent features in his play is that he usually doesn’t seem to want to vote for someone that he is suspicious of, even when that makes him look suspicious. He WILL force his hand down your throat, though, if he is the least bit suspicious of you, and often without really considering what you say or whether what you are saying would make sense from your POV. The only time I saw him play as scum, he said precious little.

5. Do you think that it’s more important for town to scumhunt for the mafia or for the SK?

Scum, I guess. While the SK is a nuisance, it is probably going to be much harder for him to scrape a win. If I had a choice between being given the identity of scum or the SK, though, I would pick SK, and keep the info secret until the scum was completely eliminated. The SK would have a chance of picking off scum, and conversely, the scum could pick off the SK anyway, thus making it redundant to have to lynch both of them. Knowing the SK might be harder because he will be able to behave a lot more like town than scum because he is almost exactly like a vanilla townie. He could even fancy that he is the town vigilante and not even have a guilty conscience to speak of.

6. If you have a Power Role, are you willing to rush Day to use it?

Depends on the power role. I wouldn’t rush day to Protect unless the Cop had claimed (AKA Follow the Cop). I MIGHT rush the day as cop if I am almost positive on someone and want a confirmation.

7. Is it better to lynch or leave alone VI’s with no scumtells?

Leave, by all means. While they might be a painful nuisance to town, and not just because they might hide potential scum, I find them great as meatshields. Most people don’t feel bad when they die.

8. What do you think about Jask’s claim about Z being a roleblocker?

I have nothing to think except that someone might counterclaim him, which will result in Zzzip being insta-lynched. I find it a very stupid scum strategy, especially if all players get all roles.

9. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?

Sure. If said mafia comrade isn’t capable of defending himself from attack, he is going to be a greater liability. Better ditch what isn’t useful.

10. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

Not entirely sure. Exams mean that I will be able to read posts and probably comment on them, but not necessarily go over them multiple times or seek out small scumtells. I will do my best to do so, however.

11. What is your position on FoSing?

I prefer it when bolded, and I prefer it when it can be just as easily replaced by “These reasons make me suspicious of X”. There is nothing wrong with declaring one’s suspicions. It is a great loss when a townie was on the verge of outing a scum, gets NK’d and is turned into a tree stump, unable to share his observations with others.

(CF)

Apparently, not understanding terminologies and answering the question wrong automatically makes you a suspect.

I dunno why I felt the need to comment on this, but it seems to be to be awfully defensive.

(devourer)

As proven by how you didn’t read the role list and RaceBandit’s posts, a scum might not know the system involving the town.

Does it seem likely to you that scum, who would want to imitate town, would not read how town roles function? It seems more likely a townie tell to me not to bother reading the whole OP because ’bah, same old townie".

Er.

I just read most of thread.

Realized that this might get reset.

So, uh, at least I don’t get modkilled.

Flag Post

As it turns out, the Death Godfather’s plan was heavily flawed. Since the town of Blarghenfhdibylnohip had exchanged names as well as phone numbers last night, they were able to quickly recall who each other were and dispatch the threats to the town.

A week later, the new Death Godfather was able to find a town that hadn’t exchanged names: News does not travel that quickly, and the town of Derptropolis knew next to nothing about what was going to happen…

Roles have been redistributed… let’s try this again.
The new deadline is 10/11, 12 Noon, UTC-7.

Flag Post

Uh, not confirmed, I have no idea how this works. The roles received are what I am not, am, or what?

Flag Post

Townies were given three roles that they weren’t, IE if your PM contains a Vanilla Townie, Raucous Exorcist, and Schizophrenic Cop, you’re not any of those roles.

(Yeah, I know, none of those are in the setup, but it’s an example.)