Blind Man's Lynch (Aborted) - I Suck At Balancing Games page 4 (locked)

139 posts

Flag Post

Taking back what I said about this game having good design. Mafia has way too big of a disadvantage. Doing what devourer is doing right now, it takes tremendous luck to guess another player’s role. Yeah, honestly think I would still get screwed over even if I read the rules.

With the claiming strategy, this mafia is probably just as broken as Microsoft Sam’s 2 of 4. I assume that you’re talking about a guessing a person’s role from the mafia’s standpoint?

Flag Post

SK? = Me asking what a SK is.

Serial Killer.

No you just asked what I do when I’m town or mafia.

True.

You didn’t ask me to explain why for the second time to explain why.

That really doesn’t matter; I’m still asking you to explain now.

Flag Post

With the claiming strategy, this mafia is probably just as broken as Microsoft Sam’s 2 of 4. I assume that you’re talking about a guessing a person’s role from the mafia’s standpoint?

Yep. Looks like Race never learned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Questions for RaceBandit:

Is it possible for a townie to get a mafia’s role?
Does the mafia know its members?

Borrowing from AN’s habit, I’m going to present a survey here that everyone should answer. This is both an attempt to get the game running and an attempt for me to see personally if this is more favorable than the Joke Phase. Please answer these as comprehensively as possible. I would like every player to take this survey.

1. Without any knowledge of scumtells or the roles of anybody (including yourself), what would you choose at night for your two players and item? Why? You are free to answer with less than two players and one item, but explain your reason for doing so if you do.
2. How do you usually play as a townie?
3. How do you usually play as a mafia?
4. RNG a random player off of random.org and analyze that player’s meta. How do they usually play as a townie? How do they usually play as a mafia? What are some specific scumtells common to them to pay attention to? etc.
5. Do you think that it’s more important for town to scumhunt for the mafia or for the SK?
6. If you have a Power Role, are you willing to rush Day to use it?
7. Is it better to lynch or leave alone VI’s with no scumtells?
8. What do you think about Jask’s claim about Z being a roleblocker?
9. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?
10. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
11. What is your position on FoSing?

In order to not influence any answers, I will not answer these questions until later.

OKEEEYYYYY

1. IF I DIDN’T KNOW ANYBODY, I WOULD JUST USE RANDOM.ORG CUZ I FEEL THE NEED TO USE MY UNKNOWN POWER ARBITRARILY OVER WISELY YE.

2. I LURK LOL, CUZ I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO CORRECTLY SAY THAT DOESN’T GET ME KILLED.
3. I LURK LOL, CUZ I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO CORRECTLY SAY THAT DOESN’T GET ME KILLED.
4. I GOT TWISTEDCAEKS. I DON’T EVEN KNOW THIS PERSON. IN FACT, I DONT PLAY TOO MANY MAFIAS SO I DONT KNOW THE META OF…EVERYONE.
5. I THINK SK BECAUSE YOU THEN SLOW THE KILLFLOW BY A HUGE AMOUNT, GIVING YOU MORE TIME TO GET MAFIA.
6. SURE LOL. AS LONG AS RUSHING DAY DOSEN’T MEAN RUSHING MY DEATH. USING POWERS IS FUN.
7. I SAY LEAVE THEM ALONNNEEEEEE, CUZ ITS USELESS IF YOU LYNCH SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS HARMLESS RIGHT? AND IF YOU LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE YOU MIGHT GET A MAFIA, IF YOU LYNCH THE VI IT WOULD JUST BE A FREE DAY FOR MAFIA..OR IM MISSING SOMETHING.
8. I THINK NOTHING LOL. THAT WAS JUST A RANDOM DAY 1 CONSPIRACY THEORY OUT OF THE BLUE LOL. ACTUALLY, I WAS TESTING WHO MAFIA WOULD LEAP OUT ON THE OPPORTUNITY TO LYNCH A NON-MAFIA-LOOKS-LIKE-SCUM-VI.
9. YE.
10. NOT REALLY LOL. I WOULD RATHER BE STUDYING FOR SCHOOL THAN TO SPEND HOURS INTERPRETING POSTS. LOL.
11. I THINK ITS A GOOD WAY TO BE COWARDLY!

Flag Post

Reposting since people abhor reading or something:

I would like people to stop being scared of the survey and at least make an attempt to answer it. I would also like everyone to claim another person as town without revealing their role. The scum would be forced to fake claims on themselves, as nobody would claim for them. If everyone cooperates, this would reveal the SK and with analysis, the mafia. Anybody that doesn’t claim and anybody that isn’t revealed as town by another is a target for lynching.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50
5. CowFriend = Confirmed Mafia/SK
6. myhome16 = Helltank is the Vigilante.
7. Jaskaran2000 = Zzzip50 is the Roleblocker.
8. devourer359 = SilverEvil is Town.
9. SisterEvil
10. Woon1957
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

At this point, everyone.

Flag Post

MYHOME IS A TOWN. IM NOT SUPPOSED TO REVEAL THE ROLE ACCORDING TO YOU RIGHT?

Flag Post

MYHOME IS A TOWN. IM NOT SUPPOSED TO REVEAL THE ROLE ACCORDING TO YOU RIGHT?

Yep, and you could also stop typing in caps.

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50 = Myhome is Town.
9. SisterEvil
10. Woon1957
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

Everyone except myhome.

Flag Post

SORRY

Flag Post

AN is town

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

(Wait a second, are the roles:

Cop (x1): Can investigate one player per night. Gets target’s alignment (Town/Mafia/SK)
Doctor (x1): Can protect one player per night from the factional kill. Cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
Roleblocker (x1): Target player’s ability is negated.
Vigilante (x1): Can kill one player per night.
Busdriver (x1): Swaps two players per night. Whatever would affect one player would affect the other instead, and vice versa.
Kevlar Townie (x1): Two-shot immunity to Vigilante and/or Mafia factional kills.
Chainmail Townie (x1): Permanent Serial Killer NK immunity
Gift!Enabler (x1): Target player gets either a one-shot cop, one-shot doctor, or one-shot nightkill. The same gift may be given out on multiple nights. Gifts can be used starting on the next night, can be withheld indefinitely, and are not destroyed if the Gift!Enabler dies.

Count as townies?)

The eight roles you listed are indeed the eight townies present in this setup.
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Taking back what I said about this game having good design. Mafia has way too big of a disadvantage. Doing what devourer is doing right now, it takes tremendous luck to guess another player’s role. Yeah, honestly think I would still get screwed over even if I read the rules.

So basically… even with falseclaim possibilities, this isn’t a proper anti-massclaim mechanic?

Flag Post

1. T6salt
2. AdeebNafees
3. TwistedCakez
4? Zzzip50 = Myhome is Town.
9. SisterEvil = AdeebNafees is Town.
10. Woon1957
11. helltank
12. Bluji

Candidates for Lynch:

Everyone except myhome and SilverEvil.

Flag Post

sign!! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Willie11111:

sign!! :D

Facepalm.

Flag Post

So basically… even with falseclaim possibilities, this isn’t a proper anti-massclaim mechanic?

Race, I think you’re trying way too hard to make these super complicated mafias. This one and the last you made all have major flaw and disadvantage to mafia alliance. Stop making these games with only one role of each.

Flag Post

While I did say reserves would be open… I’m not sure this game’s gonna last too long.

Flag Post

Stop making these games with only one role of each.

Oh, so that’s the problem.

I’ll keep that in mind.

Should we continue on or just reset the game after I cut out some of the power roles?

Flag Post

YES YES YES

Reset eet, and I won’t fail this time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Stop making these games with only one role of each.

Oh, so that’s the problem.

I’ll keep that in mind.

Should we continue on or just reset the game after I cut out some of the power roles?

C-O-N-T-I-N-U-E

Flag Post

Even if you cut out some of the power roles, my strategy, which is based on revealing inconsistencies in the claims, will still work.

Flag Post

I was actually thinking of including two copies of four roles each for the eight townies, but… I’m guessing that only eliminates half of the problem.

Flag Post

What what I can see, the scum family’s ****ed. Another issue is that you’re giving the towns another player’s role, while mafias only get their own.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

I was actually thinking of including two copies of four roles each for the eight townies, but… I’m guessing that only eliminates half of the problem.

The problem is that the roles don’t matter; if they did, I would be either telling people to claim them or not using this strategy due to an inherent risk. What I’m taking advantage of is the fact that the knowledge of roles is limited to their own factions. Nobody would claim the mafia as town other than the mafia, and the SK is dead regardless of what happens. The mafia is forced to claim its own members, which reveals an inconsistency that would kill them all in one swoop once discovered. As long as the town is cooperative, the mafia doesn’t stand a chance.

Flag Post

Hmm… what if the role PM didn’t list the other player’s name? As in…

The hell was that yellow pixie? And who the hell are you?
In BML, you are a Townie. You don’t know what powers you have, but you’ve got a note that was apparently in someone else’s handwriting. It says something about one of your neighbors being a Supersaint, but there’s no name attached. Let’s hope one of your fellow townies don’t get mistakenly smitten…
Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.
If this underpowers town, I could list multiple (currently thinking of 2 to 4) roles that you aren’t

Flag Post

That’s not gonna change a thing. It’s the mafia side that needs to be fixed.

Flag Post

Will the game be continuing anyway?
First of, vote CowFriend for obvious reasons
Second, devourer is a Kevlar Townie

Third:
1. Without any knowledge of scumtells or the roles of anybody (including yourself), what would you choose at night for your two players and item? Why? You are free to answer with less than two players and one item, but explain your reason for doing so if you do.
helltank and devourer, and doctor

2. How do you usually play as a townie?
Completely nervous and oblivious but usually answers when spoken to.

3. How do you usually play as a mafia?
Completely nervous and oblivious but usually answers when spoken to.

4. RNG a random player off of random.org and analyze that player’s meta. How do they usually play as a townie? How do they usually play as a mafia? What are some specific scumtells common to them to pay attention to? etc.
CowFriend loves to act like a retard, so if he’s acting serious and all he’s probably scum

5. Do you think that it’s more important for town to scumhunt for the mafia or for the SK?
SK would take priority.

6. If you have a Power Role, are you willing to rush Day to use it?
I don’t even know if I have a power role, so it’s not like I’m anticipating Night or something.

7. Is it better to lynch or leave alone VI’s with no scumtells?
Leave them alone. What kind of question is this?

8. What do you think about Jask’s claim about Z being a roleblocker?
Probably true. Why wouldn’t it be?

9. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?
Me? Start a bandwagon? I’ll probably just wait for someone else to do it…

10. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
About as active as any other mafia. Which says a lot, sorry.

11. What is your position on FoSing?
You’re just saying that your suspicious of that person with less letters. Nothing wrong, but just throwing it around doesn’t help much at all.