Risk: America!

296 posts

Flag Post

Rules and Gameplay

It’s pretty much all shown in the map, but to clarify some rules I’ll write some stuff. All moves will be performed with random.org. If you have any questions, please ask.

On the bottom left, what it basically means is that your random.org number will determine whether you can move or not. Examples: if you get a post ending in 10 or 20 or 30, then you will move 10 territories; if you get a post ending in 000 then 100 territories (more on the bottom left of the map above in the “Controlling Bonuses” section). You have five moves every day (which you will indicate by saying stuff like “go north” or “attack blue”).

The controlling bonuses essentially mean that for every 48 hours you hold that territory, you will get +x territories. For example, if you control California, you will get +6 territories every 48 hours you maintain the entire state under your control.

What happens when you attack an enemy, alliances, and attacking blank spaces: Explained.

Flag Post

Nations and Signups

• Order of the Black Nights (dark): Woon
  • Hadouken! (orange): T6salt
  • St. Louis Rebels (red): SilverEvil
  • Jaska’s Magical Empire, With Cookies (gold): Jaskaran
  • Nation of Unpredictable Asparaness (aspara): thijs
  • Firestar’s Kingdom (blue): pika493
  • DJVille, With Pie (yellow): djrockstar
  • Kansas City Canaries (dark red): blazeth
  • The Colony (grey): bananas34

To sign up fill in this (or something similar):
Name of my nation:
Color of my nation:
Starting location:

Flag Post

Order of the Black Nights(if it’s too long just go with Black Knights)
Dark
[Cough how do I pick a location?]

Flag Post

Congratulations, Woon, on being the first person to sign up! For that you get +1 territory (6 in total you’ll have to begin with).

To pick a location you have to name a state and say whereabouts. You can say, for example, Los Angeles and I will put you there with surrounding territories. Or you can say something generic like Central Kansas and I will allocate your initial territories there for you.

By the way, I just updated the OP letting everyone know how to form teams, which you don’t have to, but they can help.

Flag Post

Hadouken!
Orange
Right at the bottom of Texas.

Flag Post

You have been added to Risk: America!

First update of the map (all updates will be in new posts):

Flag Post

St.Louis Rebels
Crimson Red
[in St.Louis]

Flag Post

Congratulations, SilverEvil! You have made the wise choice of joining my game and you have been added to the map.

From now on the maps displayed in the thread will be 700 pixel wide thumbnails, to see the whole thing, click on the maps.

Flag Post

Jaska’s magical empire, with cookies
Gold
Just choose some random place

Flag Post

Yeah, put me anywhere you want.

Flag Post

Thank you for signing up, Jaskaran! You now have territory in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

Woon, you have territory in Minnesota.

If 4 or more people sign up within 1 hour of this post, with random.org someone will be granted +1 territory!

Flag Post

Name of my nation: Nation Of Unpredictable Asparaness

Color of my nation: Aspara

Starting location: Somewhwere in the Rocky Mountains!

Flag Post

thijs, you have been added to the game! Your territories are located in Colorado and Utah. Cheers for signing up.

Flag Post

Apparently, bribes won’t work, jaume :P

Flag Post

If I can still join…
Firestar’s Kingdom
Blue
Southern Florida.
I swear I saw this exact same image in a chan thread once. :3

Flag Post

Name: DJVille, with pie
Colour: Yellow

Flag Post

pika and djrockstar, you have both been added! Thank you for playing!

Flag Post

Dj be trying to war so fast :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

And here I am in Miami, chilling with zombies. ;)

I actually live in Orlando.

Flag Post

Make peace with dj

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

And here I am in Miami, chilling with zombies. ;)

I actually live in Orlando.

Bitch please.
I’m in St.Louis with the cardinals

Flag Post

What happens when you attack an enemy

By the way, when attacking, just to clarify, here is how it works:

First of all, your post has to end in what is in the bottom left.

It’s each territory against one other territory. (Territory = each small portion of the map.) The territories attacking will be those that border each other.

If your post ends in a 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 then you will have a 10+ more of a chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 110. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 60, and the defender from 61 to 110.

If your post ends in 60, 70, 80 or 90 then you will have a 20+ more of a chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 120. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 70, and the defender from 71 to 120.

If your post ends in three consecutive numbers or triples such as 123, 345, 666, 789, 888, etc. then you will have 50+ more of a chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 150. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 100, and the defender from 101 to 150.

If your post ends in 404, then you will have 80+ more of a chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 180. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 130, and the defender from 131 to 180.

If your post ends in 000, then you will have a 100+ more of a chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 200. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 150, and the defender from 151 to 200.

If your post ends in four consecutive numbers or quadruples then you have a 120+ chance to win. Random.org will be used from numbers 1 to 220. The attacker to win must need a number from 1 to 170, and the defender from 171 to 220.

And then once we look at your post, as said, it would then become a battle with each of your territories. So you might win and conquer with some if you win, whilst with others you will stay where you are if you lose.

Just thought I should clarify that. Any questions you guys might have, don’t hesitate to ask them.

Alliances

And you CAN form alliances, these however are not official and either one of you can break them at any time and start attacking the other person.

Attacking blank spaces

When attacking blank spaces you win as many territories as indicated in the left bottom. So if you got a 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 at the end of your post you will conquer 10 new territories. If you got a 60, 70, 80, 90 you will conquer 20 new territories. Etc.

(And yes, this is slightly badly organised.)

Flag Post

Wait, doesn’t that only work for 4chan and not kong?

Flag Post

Wait, doesn’t that only work for 4chan and not kong?

What doesn’t? Post ###? You can find that out when you click on the [time posted], as in where it says 1 minute ago, 2 days ago. Look in the address bar. Or, you could just quote that post and look at the number before the username.

Flag Post

And that’s the experient we shall be realising.

The post you got there ended in 21, Jaskaran, so you’d get nothing. You’d have to roll again. You can up to triple post. When “rerolling” you can’t say you are rerolling and nothing else, you must say what your intentions are clearly.

Also, as in 4chan, there will be no turns, and OP shall update as soon as possible and at all times. So you can post all the time if you want. Hopefully this does NOT get locked for spam thread, so try to keep it down a bit.