[SIGNUPS] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [ALWAYS OPEN] page 10

599 posts

Flag Post

That’d just be light that contains more energy. Also, you can’t have an ability that propagates at the speed of light, as the presence of magic and capability to inflict damage slows it down. You don’t have nearly enough energy to propel things at the speed of light.

That’s why I asked about gamma rays. They already are something that propagates at the speed of light and kills in a satisfactory manners. I don’t need a special ability with magic weighing it down if there’s a mundane way.

That’s what you claim, but who knows what you’re planning. I haven’t forgotten and will not forget about Lucinda.

Well, other thing I’m planning is mime shields. Wave arms in front of me, air hardens into a wall for a few seconds, a wall tough enough to shield from some light attacks.
Aside from that, it’s live and learn. Whatever good use I can find for a quickly-decaying hardening of air, I’ll use it. I want my abilities to leave me options I’m not foreseeing.

Knoob already explained this. If you want to pull heat out of an object, you touch its surface and pull heat out from there. If the inability to totally ignore armor and magical defenses makes the ability useless to you, then too bad. My golden rule will not be violated; no defense can be totally ignored.

Instead, I send a projectile of magic that goes places, collects heat, and goes other places.

Well, it doesn’t work like that in my setting. If you don’t have enough energy in your reserves, you simply can’t deal that much damage; you can’t just “borrow” energy from nowhere and “pay it pack” over the course of 12.5 hours.

That’s the point there, though. I do have that much energy, and I’m spending it all at once to remove maybe eighty liters of flesh from existence – getting all of it back takes time.
This is, in fact, one of the more interesting things I’ve never asked you about – how long does recharging take? Back in TA, power levels described the total energy reserve, as far as I remember, the maximum capacity – but after that was expended, nothing described how much of a rest would it take to get back to full.

Regardless, I can’t have you disintegrating other player characters. At most it’ll deal a lot of damage, and the target might exhaust its energy reserves to block the light and prevent itself from being disintegrated.

I didn’t expect anything else, really.
To be honest, since every bloody fight in your game is just a direct power clash where the stronger one wins, I might as well just use the yellow ray to get it over in a few seconds. If the enemy disappears, I win, if not, I’m pooped and the enemy can waltz all over me.

That isn’t saying you can’t have an electronic brain implant, but I don’t think anyone outside Magus Mechanicle has that kind of technology.

I think it was the other way around – the Mechanicle had a field day when the found what nice CPUs natural golem brains made. A huge step for engineering right there, reverse-engineering mythical biology.

Anyway, since it seems Shine isn’t going anywhere, I might as well just disqualify him entirely with this…

Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[If Zircon has seventy-two copies of NPZR protecting him, I don’t think everyone else in this game combined is capable of matching them. 72x NPZR is worth 367200 points, so Zircon himself is like 2800…?]

Remember yourself?

Flag Post

Minn, it might be an idea to not have such broken characters as you make? Or, more specifically, such broken abilities as you make. I swear, you’re probably the reason Blood’s golden rule exists.

Flag Post

That’s why I asked about gamma rays. They already are something that propagates at the speed of light and kills in a satisfactory manners. I don’t need a special ability with magic weighing it down if there’s a mundane way.

No, you don’t have the power to produce anything that can both propagates at the speed of light and kill things.

Instead, I send a projectile of magic that goes places, collects heat, and goes other places.

Said projectile can’t phase through solid objects and freeze brains.

I do have that much energy, and I’m spending it all at once to remove maybe eighty liters of flesh from existence

Depends on how much magic said flesh contains. If you try to disintegrate Christopher, your energy reserves are far from enough.

This is, in fact, one of the more interesting things I’ve never asked you about – how long does recharging take?

About a few hours, give or take? I don’t want to give a concrete number, because otherwise it’s another restriction I don’t want.

To be honest, since every bloody fight in your game is just a direct power clash where the stronger one wins, I might as well just use the yellow ray to get it over in a few seconds. If the enemy disappears, I win, if not, I’m pooped and the enemy can waltz all over me.

Maybe you should stop trying to curb-stomp the final boss. Those aren’t usually meant to be curb-stomped, you see.

Also, the final boss will be so powerful that there is absolutely no way all of the player characters including mine combined can defeat it in a straight fight. And you’ll still win, somehow, because I don’t like downer endings. But you sure as hell ain’t going to do it alone.

I think it was the other way around – the Mechanicle had a field day when the found what nice CPUs natural golem brains made. A huge step for engineering right there, reverse-engineering mythical biology.

Dude. I just said that golems don’t have brains.

Remember yourself?

Christopher can annihilate your bodyguards and destroy your floating city with a single punch. Remember when Dominic did that?

Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Minn, it might be an idea to not have such broken characters as you make? Or, more specifically, such broken abilities as you make. I swear, you’re probably the reason Blood’s golden rule exists.

Listen to him for once, will you?

Flag Post

Maybe you should stop trying to curb-stomp the final boss.

I’m not trying to curb stomp the final boss. I’m not doing anything, since I don’t exist within the game at all.

Also, the final boss will be so powerful that there is absolutely no way all of the player characters including mine combined can defeat it in a straight fight. And you’ll still win, somehow, because I don’t like downer endings. But you sure as hell ain’t going to do it alone.

Well, I’m pretty sure we’re going to have everyone else and your player characters, Blood. The presence of the last pretty much assures our victory – all I can do is provide a comfortable path for them to trod on towards the final boss. Providing one of the best political immunities this world has to offer and some actual facilitation to a bunch of loners is what I’ve chosen to do. Shine’s greatest ability isn’t any of the magical ones, it’s having fame and millions of loyal people. Enemy cannon fodder is much more bearable when it’s possible to match it in number.
That’s one thing I see you’re completely incapable of – politics. Each of your characters is a loner, destined to fix the entire world with just, at most, a bunch of other loners, met by complete coincidence in a bar somewhere. What if one of them wasn’t a loner, but rather the owner of the bar and the nearest few dozen streets from it in any direction? I’d like to see you accommodate that.
So I’m trying. Transiens Aeternium was tough, considering there was no society to speak of, and that fact didn’t avoid Travis’s lampshading (or maybe it did, since I never actually made a post as him). In Darkspell, though, my character was the owner of the biggest company in the city which was essentially the game world, with a sizable chunk of it most likely having been built, in one way or another, by him.
And we actually managed to have some fun there, damnit.

Depends on how much magic said flesh contains. If you try to disintegrate Christopher, your energy reserves are far from enough.

Yes.

No, you don’t have the power to produce anything that can both propagates at the speed of light and kill things.

I’m just asking if such things exist in general. If they do, they shall be useful. If nature produces them in some way, I might as well make them the same way, not by magic.

Dude. I just said that golems don’t have brains.

I’m porting over a relative of Zircon’s, the Pratchettian Troll’s, and calling him a golem – that’s what you told me to do, so I’m doing it.
When stuck in there, one nearly got to a Grand Unified Theory. Almost. Good times, man.

Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

He’s said several times that that’s indeed the case, so you really don’t have to remind me. I know by now.
What’s a broken ability, though?

Flag Post

Real quick question, so can you have a spell that cancels out other magic at all?

Flag Post

I’m not trying to curb stomp the final boss. I’m not doing anything, since I don’t exist within the game at all.

Then stop trying to outsmart my golden rule, dammit. It’s getting tiring.

Well, I’m pretty sure we’re going to have everyone else and your player characters, Blood. The presence of the last pretty much assures our victory

Well, yes, from a metagame point of view. From the perspective of the characters things will look extremely bleak.

That’s one thing I see you’re completely incapable of – politics.

You just figured that out? Good job. Politics is for people who are too weak to do anything by themselves. In real life, that applies mostly everyone, so evil dictators need armies to do things for them. But in fantasy settings, many evil dictators don’t even need armies, as they’re one-creature armies themselves. With real-world dictators, they’d be absolutely screwed if all of their subordinates turned on them; not so for fantasy dictators.

Each of your characters is a loner, destined to fix the entire world with just, at most, a bunch of other loners, met by complete coincidence in a bar somewhere. What if one of them wasn’t a loner, but rather the owner of the bar and the nearest few dozen streets from it in any direction? I’d like to see you accommodate that.

This is a roleplaying game, whose primary focus is the interaction between characters. Their conflicts just happen to involve the fate of the world, because they’re the few people who are powerful enough to make a difference. If you want politics, go join some strategy simulation game.

And we actually managed to have some fun there, damnit.

If you’re implying that my games aren’t fun… Again, no one is forcing you to play. You aren’t that valuable to me.

I’m just asking if such things exist in general. If they do, they shall be useful. If nature produces them in some way, I might as well make them the same way, not by magic.

You have no ways of producing them because you don’t have nearly enough energy.

I’m porting over a relative of Zircon’s, the Pratchettian Troll’s, and calling him a golem – that’s what you told me to do, so I’m doing it.

And I said golems don’t have brains. Obviously some changes are going to be made, and I ain’t gonna be the one making changes.

He’s said several times that that’s indeed the case, so you really don’t have to remind me. I know by now.

It might help if you realized that it’s because of you that the signup processes for my games are all extremely long and cumbersome. I don’t want another Lucinda.

What’s a broken ability, though?

One made by you that violates my golden rule.

Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

Real quick question, so can you have a spell that cancels out other magic at all?

My golden rule is that nothing is absolute. So while you can have cancellation, it’s just partial cancellation, which is the same thing as weakening. Plenty of spells do that.

Flag Post

So can I buff my lightning so that it partial cancels out magic?

[If you haven’t noticed, I’m not using any of my magic (baring shards) so that I can buff them with stuff I didn’t think of at the time so my character can be more useful]

Flag Post

Primary Name: Coal
Other Names: None
Class: Beast
Species: Minotaur
Human Appearance: N/A
True Appearance: Has the head of a bull, The body of a man, hoofed feet and human hands. Has black fur covering his whole body. About 10 feet tall. Has a long tail and Glowing red eyes. Larger than most minotaurs.
Personality: Stubborn
Skills: Fighting, Moving large heavy objects, Breaking things
Basic abilities: Sharp horns-can use his horns to impale people.
Improved senses-improved sense of hearing, taste, touch and smell.
Hoofed feet-can cause damage to people easily by kicking or stomping on them.
Strong teeth-can bite through bone or other materials weaker than bone.
Minotaur strength-can easily move heavy objects such as large statues or pillars.
Advanced abilities: Fear-Coal gives off an aura that invokes fear in people.
Shrug it off-Coal’s brain releases large amounts of epinephrine allowing him to temporarily become stronger, ignore pain, run faster, fight longer, and sometimes cheat death.
Possessions: A pouch of rare gems found on the bodies of adventurers who had entered his cave and died there.
Faction:Draconian accord
Biography:Coal was the first of eight Minotaurs born in a cave in the north of the worldsphere. The cave in which they resided was a place many beings feared to tread. Most of those that did enter the cave got lost and perished in it’s labyrinth like insides. As Coal grew up he would scare people away from the cave and pick up things from the dead bodies in the cave to bring back to the center of the cave system where he and his brothers and sisters resided. one day an earthquake occurred while he was out looting the corpses of dead adventurers and the way back to his family’s residence in the center of the cavern was caved in. Coal could no longer return home. In a rage he punched the wall of the cavern causing more rocks to come loose and fall. He knew he had to leave lest he be buried alive like his siblings. So with great sadness he left the cave that was his home and tried to forget everything he could about it. After traveling for several hours Coal came upon a large city ruled by a Blue Dragon. It is here that Coal has lived since then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

So can I buff my lightning so that it partial cancels out magic?

[If you haven’t noticed, I’m not using any of my magic (baring shards) so that I can buff them with stuff I didn’t think of at the time so my character can be more useful]

Don’t you already have a fire bolt that cancels out magic?

Also, this is a broken ability if you’ve never seen one:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=239055&postcount=216

If you think you have a chance smuggling something like that in without me noticing, you’re seriously insulting my intelligence.

@Overfrost: Honestly, your character is a little underpowered. You can afford to buff some of your abilities, like the pain-ignoring one.

Also, is the Fear ability a magical aura that instils fear? Otherwise it’s not really an ability, but rather something more like a skill.

And 18 feet tall… 5.5 meters… That’s, like, a bit too tall for a minotaur, I think; I’d imagine that they’re generally around 2 to 3 meters in height. If he’s that tall, there should be a reason for his obvious giantism.

Other than that your character is fine.

Flag Post

I can honestly say I have no idea what that is, so don’t worry about it. Also I thought the fire bolt on cancels out magical shields, however if it can cancel out all (or at least most) then that’s works for me.

Flag Post

I don’t see why the fire bolt’s magic cancellation wouldn’t work on anything that isn’t a shield, since there isn’t a strict definition of what a “shield” is.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Lucinda
Other Names: Lucinda Alice Berelan
Class: Magus
Species: Hume
Human Appearance: This
True Appearance: N/A
Personality: Later
Skills: Cooking, counting
Spells and Abilities:
Basic Spell: Zero-Point Kinesis
By touching something, Lucinda can attach a force vector to it. She has to remain in contact with the something to maintain the vector. Work done costs Lucinda her magic. After something attains some momentum, removing the vector will presumably cause the something to keep going by inertia – this does not cost Lucinda anything anymore.
Unlike any mundane method of movement, this spell does not exploit dynamics. To walk, humans push themselves off the floor. To fly, birds push themselves off the air with wings. In vacuum, birds can’t fly, lacking a floor, humans can’t walk. Lucinda is exempt from both – her force vectors allow controlled propulsion without anything to push off from.
Of course, since Lucinda can’t breathe in vacuum, that point is largely moot.
Basic Spell: Glow
Makes illuminating light. It prevents places from being dark.
Possessions: A naginata made of one of those adamantines.
Faction: Unaligned
Biography: Child of travelling traders which go around by airship to do merchanting around Utopia. Lucinda is learning the trade, although she’s probably gonna be swept into some kind of adventure.

[Auto-denied on basis of being Lucinda]

Flag Post

First warning, Minnakht. No troll signs.

Flag Post

Now, what’s wrong with that one, short of Minna playing with using your own design style against you?

What you really need to do is rephrase your golden rule…

Something along the lines of:

All player characters must be secondary characters to the DMPC. Any and all abilities granted to players will be nerfed when used in ways unanticipated by the DM; and the DMPC will scale in power so that at all times its power is equal to HighestPowerMove^2. Anyone going by commonly accepted and/or source materials will be disappointed as in-universe magic, sentience, physics, and chemistry all run on an undefined system that is specifically different from any other already-existing system; and all requests for clarification will run on circular logic, the basis of which will eventually be ‘Because I said so’. Also note that the plot is already set and the characters are passengers on a plot railroad rather than actors in a preset stage.

P.S. You can’t burn a fire elemental.

Flag Post

Now, what’s wrong with that one, short of Minna playing with using your own design style against you?

Oh, it has something to do with Ather City which you apparently hate. No need to explain that one then.

Anyone going by commonly accepted and/or source materials will be disappointed as in-universe magic, sentience, physics, and chemistry all run on an undefined system that is specifically different from any other already-existing system; and all requests for clarification will run on circular logic, the basis of which will eventually be ‘Because I said so’.

This happens to be my game, Captain_Catface. How long will it take for that to get through your thick skull? Because it is my game, “because I said so” is a perfectly valid way of ending an argument concerning the game. Don’t like, don’t play.

and the DMPC will scale in power so that at all times its power is equal to HighestPowerMove^2

Highest power squared is a bit too much. Highest power times 1.2 is more like it.

All player characters must be secondary characters to the DMPC.

Also note that the plot is already set and the characters are passengers on a plot railroad rather than actors in a preset stage.

If the plot is already set, I would just write a book instead. I’m obviously not doing that, as 75% of the plot is not set, and my characters might end up not being the most important ones in the story.

NO U.

Now, what’s your reason for posting here? You aren’t going to play anyways. Come on, admit it; you’re just here to try to ruin my game because you don’t like me. Seriously, I’m pretty disappointed. Did you ever see me trying to ruin your games? Like I’d bother wasting time on that.

Flag Post

From now on, I will ignore all posts by Captain_Catface in this thread, because responding to him is annoying and wastes my time. However, if any of you players think that some of his questions should be answered, simply ask the same questions again, and I will try to answer them.

Flag Post

It’s a completely serious sign.

Flag Post

But you even anticipated that it will be auto-denied due to being Lucinda, whom I have a problem with in The World After. Really now, you’re wasting your own time as well as mine.

I may not be able to post tomorrow as I have another assignment due. I do need some sleep once in a while, you know.

Flag Post

My aim here is to jest. Compared to everyone else, the version of Lucinda I deem acceptable for your world looks really weak. (not sure if you deem her acceptable yourself, being so auto-denying) Why do you fear her so?

Flag Post

Because, as you claimed so yourself, she was able to produce a huge explosion by simply punching the ground, travel to the Moon, and fucking rip John Solaris in half, utterly ignoring my golden rule in the process. This aside, Gambi accepted Lucinda, but was forced to depower her later. I’m not about to make the same mistake.

Flag Post

That was the other Lucinda, yes – the one without a tab on her, capable of pressing any amount of force. There isn’t a thing that can’t be pulled apart with enough force, there are only things which don’t mind.
And she is, in my world, as vulnerable to a yellow ray as anyone – a proper blast of disintegration and she’s no more.

This one, though, has a tab. She has to pay, she has limited magic power, and, by your word, she can survive a yellow ray. In some ways, your decisions are improvements.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Pale Fang (True Name)

Other Name: The Abomination (According to previous captors), Subject WZ-666 (Also according to captors)

Class: Shifter

Species: Ancient Werewolf or “Reaper” (No affiliation with the being in a dark robe who carries a scythe on them.)

Human Appearance: (I will put this in more of a list format)

-Hair Color and length: Gray with black streaks/Length is down to middle of back
-Eye color: Red
-Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
-Weight: 126 lbs.
-Skin Color: Sepia (Think about a Native American’s skin tone)
-Distinguishing features: Angelic left white wing and demonic right black wing glyph markings on the upper back, triple claw marks running from shoulder, between breasts and down to hip. Youthful appearance, despite her age.
-Figure: Athletic

True Appearance: (In the same format)

-Fur color: Pale Gray
-Skin color (Where fur is not present): Red
-Eye color: Amethyst Purple
-Height: 5 ft. 9 in. when standing straight or in defensive stance/5 ft. 4 in. when hunched over in aggressive stance
-Weight: 213 lbs. due to appropriately distributed muscle mass and added fur
-Distinguishing features: Claws of bone instead of hardened, dead skin.

Personality: Pale Fang is a woman set on vengeance toward her captors. After being subjected to magical experiments, she developed a seething hate for her captors and wants nothing more than the extermination of them, whoever they may be. Amongst everyone else, she comes off as a sincere, slightly devilish woman who is not biased toward preferring one gender over the other. (More will be fleshed out.)

Note: No fourth wall moments will be had.

Skills: Survivalist tactics (How to survive in various conditions. You can find these in various books), rational thought, dancing, persuasive speech

Basic Spells:

-Masking: Shifters with this contact-effective spell are able to hide traits of their true form or another shifter’s true form more efficiently, even from magical detection. For example, temporarily hiding the scent of a lycan or hiding the typically ashy skin tone of a vampire. Cannot be used on more than one target at a time.

-Binding: This contact-effective spell depends on the class of the target. Since Shifters have access to abilities and spells, Pale Fang can temporarily weaken either basic or advanced spells and abilities and strengthen that which isn’t weakened. If a Magus is afflicted, either basic spells or advanced spells are weakened, but not completely sealed. If a Beast is afflicted, either basic or advanced abilities are weakened while the remainder gets buffed up.

Basic Abilities:

-Infectious Strikes: By coating the claws and fangs with the virus it carries, a werewolf may induce an infection in its victims if enough of the virus gets into various wounds.

-Heightened Senses: Lycanthropes (Werewolves) have finely-tuned senses of smell, hearing, and taste. This aids in their ability to survive.

-Feral Rage: Continuous strikes without taking a hit amplify attack power. Once the werewolf has taken a hit, attack power is returned to normal.

-Unnatural regeneration: Werewolves are capable of healing quicker when they feast on their kills. Some werewolves prefer specific meals over others. Those specific meals can heal them a bit more than other meals. (That does not mean automatic full-cure. It’s still healing over time.)

-Enhanced speed and strength: The infection allows increased speed and strength, as expected from werewolves of old.

Advanced Abilities:

-Elemental Resistance: Due to the various magical experiments Pale Fang has been subjected to, she has developed an increased tolerance toward magical attacks. Physical attacks, on the other hand remain the same in damage dealing potential.

-Ancient Lycanthropy: With this ability, a Reaper can grow gradually stronger and faster as its health drops. Keep in mind that a Reaper can still die even with this trait as it does not increase damage resistance. They can just dole out heavier punishment. To balance it out, the Reaper’s strength and speed return gradually to their normal levels as they heal up.

Possessions: Nothing

Faction: Neutral with plans to join the Hordes of Ruin

Bio: Pale Fang was originally affiliated with no faction and was born two and a half centuries ago. Naturally, there’s no crime in that. There’s no crime in being a shifter as well…her captors didn’t share that same sentiment though. Upon being discovered by a small band of warriors guarding them, Pale Fang was weakened and captured. Instead of being killed, she was experimented on for having blood that was different from that of a normal werewolf. The psychological scarring produced from her traumatic experience as a guinea pig of sorts drove her almost to insanity. She had to get out…to escape. In a period of downtime, she managed to withstand her electric barrier and disable the lock to her cell. A few of her captors were killed only because they were in her way with intent to kill. They have been trying to find her since. She recently passed out in a cave, in human form.

(I’m trying to produce some sort of balance in this character so if the GM can help in establishing balance for my character where it is needed, I would greatly appreciate that.)

Flag Post

You can continuously heal yourself from the damage over time that Nihil’s Unseen Light deals, keeping it at bay for an extremely long time if you have enough energy. Well, probably not that long of a time, considering that you’re at similar power levels, but it shouldn’t be impossible for you to find a debuff remover before the debuff kills you.

[Hmmmm. If it was a magical virus then, if I remember correctly, it would work cells to death by forcing them to create copies of the virus, and I don’t think exhaustion can be healed.]

[I forget how bacteria and protozoa deal damage to a body.]

[Of course, it probably isn’t like that.]

I swear, you’re probably the reason Blood’s golden rule exists.

[It took you this long to realise that?]

[Minnakht himself said it was auto-denied. How abysmally stupid do you have to be to ignore that?]

All player characters must be secondary characters to the DMPC.

[Even if this was true (I don’t see how a character can be main if the story doesn’t follow them, and multiple stories are being written) I don’t see why would you expect anything else.]

Any and all abilities granted to players will be nerfed when used in ways unanticipated by the DM

[Which basically means he’ll maintain game balance, because he thinks about this sort of thing at absurd lengths.]

and the DMPC will scale in power so that at all times its power is equal to HighestPowerMove^2

[This isn’t important, (even if it was true) unless you happen to have some odd obsession with being the strongest in every game you’re in, in which case you really do look starved of capacity to win.]

Anyone going by commonly accepted and/or source materials

[I don’t even know D&D rules, let alone accept them. Aren’t you just being resistant to change, because you can’t handle such things as someone daring to have different rules of magic from elsewhere?]

will be disappointed as in-universe magic, sentience, physics, and chemistry all run on an undefined system that is specifically different from any other already-existing system; and all requests for clarification will run on circular logic, the basis of which will eventually be ‘Because I said so’.

[This is to attempt to maintain valid physics so the game is accurate in how it works.]

Also note that the plot is already set and the characters are passengers on a plot railroad rather than actors in a preset stage.

[So what you suggest is just making up a Monster of the Week theme as you go along and having no overarching plot?]

[Apparently he can, inside his universe.]

[I imagine it works like this. You channel power into magic. The magic takes a specific form. Some types of being may have a resistance to that form, but the magic itself deals damage.]

From now on, I will ignore all posts by Captain_Catface in this thread

[I’m assuming I don’t have to do this which is why I am posting the stuff above. If I’m supposed to not respond, just tell me.]

Flag Post

That was the other Lucinda, yes – the one without a tab on her, capable of pressing any amount of force.

Dude, seriously? If there’s no limit whatsoever on the amount of force she could generate, Lucinda could instantly obliterate the entire Atherverse, the True King of Hell and Phases of Light included, with a single massive shockwave. Tier 7 unless noted, right? You didn’t note, so you’ve got a nigh-omnipotent tier 7 right there.

And she is, in my world, as vulnerable to a yellow ray as anyone – a proper blast of disintegration and she’s no more.

Well, no. She could simply push away the yellow ray before it hits her. If the ray phases through her pushing, she could instead generate so much force that spacetime around her becomes distorted enough that the ray curves away from her. Accelerator casually shrugged off a nuke, didn’t he?

This one, though, has a tab. She has to pay, she has limited magic power, and, by your word, she can survive a yellow ray.

As said above, she can survive a yellow ray by attempting to push it away.

You know, if I have never seen Lucinda before, she’d probably be a perfectly acceptable character, even an underpowered one (tactile telekinesis isn’t much when there are others with full-blown telekinesis). But there’s something wrong with your attitude. You know that I had a problem with Lucinda, and it seems to me that you went ahead and ported her here anyways specifically because I had a problem with her. Then you admitted that she’d be auto-denied. Seriously, what are you trying to do here?! It’s hard to not interpret that as a troll sign.

@Blendy: Magus Mechanicle aren’t the ones who are likely to perform experiments on Shifters and Beasts. Their dogma tells them to exterminate Shifters and Beasts, not to perform experiments and make them stronger. However, there is a faction that does perform experiments on mythical creatures, a secret faction that isn’t in the list; if you want to be experimented on by that faction then PM me.

I’m assuming I don’t have to do this which is why I am posting the stuff above. If I’m supposed to not respond, just tell me.

It depends on if it gets as bad as it did with Developous. If that happens, Captain_Catface will be given the Developous treatment. Else, respond all you want.

Flag Post

Dude, seriously? If there’s no limit whatsoever on the amount of force she could generate, Lucinda could instantly obliterate the entire Atherverse, the True King of Hell and Phases of Light included, with a single massive shockwave. Tier 7 unless noted, right? You didn’t note, so you’ve got a nigh-omnipotent tier 7 right there.

Not nigh-omnipotent. Being able to destroy everything is far from being able to do everything.
Even then, in the Atherverse, since the source of mutant power was the hell or its King (can’t remember), Lucinda couldn’t possibly wield more power than it could provide.

Well, no. She could simply push away the yellow ray before it hits her. If the ray phases through her pushing, she could instead generate so much force that spacetime around her becomes distorted enough that the ray curves away from her. Accelerator casually shrugged off a nuke, didn’t he?

The yellow ray has a dual nature of light and magic.
Being magic, it can’t really have a force attached to it – it’s not made of something physical enough. Magic and physics don’t really go too well together.
Being light, it goes really fast.

The main similarity between Lucinda and Accelerator is that they both could have been stopped by a bullet. Actually, let me rephrase that.
By default, Accelerator had a reflection field around him. Whatever entered had its vector change orientation – if it was a velocity vector, then as a result the object had to change direction of movement. Without any sort of deceleration, mind you – just an instant turnaround. Of course, the anime portrayed it differently, with a proper slowdown, because we’re analyzing it too closely and the authors didn’t.
That could potentially stop a nuke or anything – any excessive and/or harmful radiation, not to mention slower things, could be just turned around. That’s why he’s so pale – he turns away ultraviolet as he is, so his skin doesn’t have to.
Potentially, that would include a yellow ray. Maybe.
Accelerator had the mind of something prodigal. By thinking vectors, he could mess about with a girl’s brain like it was a computer. That was his downfall – his usual passive field was off, because the brainpower needed for it was taken up by something else, so he could be shot and didn’t get to reflect a bullet.

Lucinda, in comparison to him, was a dumbass, her control unrefined. Her ability also isn’t about changing vectors – just adding new ones.
Lacking an automatic reflection field, she could not stop an unseen threat. Even a completely mundane sniper could put a bullet through her noggin if she did not think of protecting it at the time. Finding out about the bullet while it’s in midair wouldn’t help one bit, considering her human reaction time.
Not to mention a ray of light, really.
That’s assuming a manifestation of magic can be forced. Generally, Lucinda did get cancelled, what meant the wand’s ray was out of her jurisdiction – or she just couldn’t react in time.

You know that I had a problem with Lucinda, and it seems to me that you went ahead and ported her here anyways specifically because I had a problem with her. Then you admitted that she’d be auto-denied. Seriously, what are you trying to do here?!

What am I trying to do here? I’m trying to show you how laughably weak a fixed version of Lucinda is. Since you’re stubborn, you refuse to think of her that way – in your eyes, she’s still an unacceptable, overpowered character, one to be refused immediately.

You know, if I have never seen Lucinda before, she’d probably be a perfectly acceptable character, even an underpowered one (tactile telekinesis isn’t much when there are others with full-blown telekinesis).

And this line is a good answer.
I apologize for foreseeing the wrong conclusion. You’re a nice guy in the end.

Anyway, I’ve arranged a special solution.
Basically, ‘deeb is writing up a character sheet.
I’ll play whatever character that is, and have no control whatsoever over the creative process.
Since I don’t get to write an ability or anything at all, there’s no way it can be broken. Perfect, isn’t it?