[SIGNUPS] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [ALWAYS OPEN] page 15

599 posts

Flag Post

So you are all university students. No, I am not.

The chi-squared test is my last thing learnt in statistics. Then it comes back to complex numbers and matrices, and then vectors. My teacher was like, “so, your physics teacher has taught you about vectors? Great, let’s skip a li’l bit.” By li’l bit, he meant 26 pages in my book.

Flag Post

We’re going over chi-squared test right now.

Will, I go to Florida International U.

Flag Post

What’s your major, if you don’t mind me asking? Mine’s Criminal Justice with intent to transfer. (CRT) There’s another Criminal Justice major as well (CRJ). The difference is that with CRT, you get a degree in science. With CRJ, you get a degree in applied science.

Flag Post

I was a Criminal Justice student, but I switched to Psychology because there are a countless amount of people getting a degree in CJ trying to get a job in the federal government, and I want to stand out a bit more.

Flag Post

I have no interest in being a figurehead/bureaucrat. I’m going for a degree in science so that I can get closer to becoming a medical examiner. I want to deliver justice to the wicked. I can only do that by abandoning my morals to cut open corpses.

Flag Post

Reaper, what material are you covering in Grade 10 maths?

Trigonometry, which I’ve actually been very successful in sleeping through. My teacher is so boring. It’s the only subject I have trouble in, I can pass anything else without even opening a book(English excluded). English and Writing are a joke and I’m doing pretty good in advanced science. Geography has always been easy.

I forget formulas very quickly, the day before my test I did a page flawlessly because I had the formulas. The day of the test I spent an hour glaring at fucking triangles… fuck triangles.

Flag Post

I’m in physics honors. That is a hint to why I value the internal consistency of the laws of physics so much.

But seriously, guys. You’re kind of derailing the thread.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/303836-game-rp-incarnatum-m-thologiae-signups-always-open?page=9#posts-6511893

The post above should be edited slightly, because according to Blendy, Adrian’s darkness field apparently hasn’t faded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

I’m in physics honors. That is a hint to why I value the internal consistency of the laws of physics so much.

But seriously, guys. You’re kind of derailing the thread.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/303836-game-rp-incarnatum-m-thologiae-signups-always-open?page=9#posts-6511893

The post above should be edited slightly, because according to Blendy, Adrian’s darkness field apparently hasn’t faded.

done.

Flag Post

With the darkness faded

I see the woman who was taking care of Lavender

Still a bit problematic. The field hadn’t faded, and Adrian couldn’t have seen Pale Fang with his eyes.

Flag Post

Adrian couldn’t have seen Pale Fang with his eyes.

YOu’re right. I did not ‘see’ her. I sensed her, and turned it into an idiomatic phrase. You know, with magical awareness? I shall go back and fix this as well.

Flag Post

Regarding magical awareness, would that also mean that the closer the presence is, the strong the feedback from sensing the presence?

Allow me to use an example not involving magic. Say you have a special type of sonar whose beeping noise gets louder when a target gets closer. That’s what I mean.

Flag Post

would that also mean that the closer the presence is, the stronger the feedback from sensing the presence?

No. The way I look at the awareness spell is that I get a mental image, preferably a 3 dimensional sphere, with hollowed out spots where something should be. The 10m/~31ft range is not significant enough to diminish the effect the farther out something is. The sonar analogy was just to help people understand the spell in a normal type of thinking.

Tommorow I shall use the power of MS paint to help you understand.

Flag Post

That’s my favorite way to detect, too. Since ‘powerful people’ block whatever is used to detect, their presence is revealed anyway – as empty holes in the detection field. You achieve what you wanted to achieve regardless of opposition, and that’s good.

Flag Post

Except that way, you can’t learn anything about those powerful people other than the fact that they exist. You can’t read their thoughts, analyze their spells and abilities, find their weaknesses, anything. There are also abilities that hide things almost completely from detection – the detection field just passes through them with minimal disturbance.

Flag Post

Pale Fang’s Masking spell can completely hide a target’s magical essence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WillItBlend:

Pale Fang’s Masking spell can completely hide a target’s magical essence.

Not completely completely. Nothing is absolute. Powerful and skilled detectors can see through such spells.

Flag Post

Except that way, you can’t learn anything about those powerful people other than the fact that they exist.

That is all I wanted to achieve.

Flag Post

Don’t respond to BC’s latest post until he edits, because Phirix-Therex should have obviously seen Adrian’s huge dome of supernatural darkness surrounding Rosalyn’s group.

Flag Post

Don’t respond to BC’s latest post until he edits, because Phirix-Therex should have obviously seen Adrian’s huge dome of supernatural darkness surrounding Rosalyn’s group.

And he kinda God Mod’d my actions.
My character sheet says ‘the understanding’.
I wouldn’t pull that pile of stupidity.
I would do something stupid, but not that stupid.

You can’t read their thoughts, analyze their spells and abilities, find their weaknesses, anything.

I honestly do not care. I just wanted a stand-alone spell, that had metric crap-tonnes of versatility, which complimented my darkness spell. While Find also does this, it is more of a longer range type thing.

Tommorow I shall use the power of MS paint to help you understand.

The link is better that the picture

Flag Post

Some more announcements or rulings or whatever:

Any “bag of holding” type of item, where the inside is bigger than the outside, the inside is surrounded by a magic field. This field may or may not be easy to destroy, depending on how strong it is. But if destroyed, it will cause the bag to shatter and pop like a balloon, spilling out all of its contents. It’s elastic and can stretch to some degrees.

The bag of holding operates by distorting spacetime, which governs how gravity behaves. Hence, it’s easy to justify that objects inside a bag of holding has its weight reduced, though it’s not cut to zero; putting extremely heavy and dense objects inside a bag of holding will still weigh you down. Putting a bag of holding inside another bag of holding, however, puts a great strain on the fabric of spacetime, so you will experience great physical resistance if you try to stuff a bag of holding inside another bag of holding. If you do force the first bag into the second bag, chances are the first bag will pop and spill its contents inside the second bag, unless the first bag is exceptionally strong, but the second bag remains unharmed. This also depends on by just how much spacetime is stretched; greater stretch is obviously less stable. Nesting three bags of holding will almost certainly destroy the innermost bag.

No, objects put into bags of holding are not shrunken. The space around them is simply stretched and expanded.

No, there is no such thing as a portable hole in this universe. So no, you can’t put a portable hole into a bag of holding or vice versa to create black holes or astral rifts.

Please don’t make any sexual jokes out of my words when I’m trying to explain stuff. It will annoy me. And it’s generally not a good idea to annoy your GM.

Flag Post

The bag of holding operates by distorting spacetime, which governs how gravity behaves. Hence, it’s easy to justify that objects inside a bag of holding has its weight reduced, though it’s not cut to zero; putting extremely heavy and dense objects inside a bag of holding will still weigh you down.

Question: The weight (and also the spacetime distortion) is distributed over the whole body, right? Just like a “ring of dexterity” won’t just enhance the dexterity of your fingers.

Flag Post

The weight (and also the spacetime distortion) is distributed over the whole body, right?

Yes. And no harmful or unusual effects are inflicted onto those inside distorted space, at least not in space distorted in this specific manner by bags of holding; only the bag itself is destroyed if stuffed into another bag of holding.

As for a “ring of dexterity”… It’ll probably be less effective if you put it on an extremely large creature, as the magic is spread over a larger area.

Flag Post

Something bigger on the inside? Someone call the doctor.

Flag Post

Sierrasama didn’t turn up lately.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Sierrasama didn’t turn up lately.

If she never returns, assume her character has been eaten by demons. If she comes back after a while, assume she escaped on her own. I’m generally forgiving with player inactivity, unless your inactivity causes the game to halt (e.g. everyone has to wait for your response).