[SIGNUPS] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [ALWAYS OPEN] page 19

599 posts

Flag Post

Well… You start off as a lich. Then after some years when you become more used to magic than your physical abilities, you forego the majority of your physical body in exchange for greater proficiencies in magic. You become a floating skull or ribcage or skeletal hand or whatever, while your energy-draining aura becomes more malleable and capable of stretching to greater distances, though it doesn’t have to resemble black smoke like Ede does. And… that’s pretty much it. No additional life stages, as far as I’m aware of.

Flag Post

…I’m skeptical regarding the non-existence of further stages in other media, but alright. In that case, do any other undead have similar life cycles, or at least stages of some form? There are probably some that exist, surely.

Flag Post

None as far as I’m aware. Sure, I can make some up… But why would I need to?

Flag Post

Thanks for helping me “fix” my character, B_S. All done now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tg97:

Thanks for helping me “fix” my character, B_S. All done now.

You’re accepted. However, do keep in mind that just after a human polymorphs into a lich, the lich does not automatically gain a phylactery. Its soul starts off still inside its body, and it must then find an object to transfer its soul into.

There is one little question that needs to be addressed… How does the undead reproduce? Sure, undead Shifters can reproduce in human form, but what about undead Beasts? With the exception of vampires, I can’t think of any undead creature capable of sexual reproduction; vampires aren’t even really fully undead in my book. We can say that undead creatures don’t age and can thus live indefinitely, the weaker ones will die pretty quickly given the harsh environment of the Undersphere.

Right now, I’m thinking that pretty much any fully undead creature has an aura of necromantic energy that drains raw magical energy, i.e. life force, from other creatures. Yes, the energy-draining aura is itself made of energy, though a more specialized kind of energy compared to raw, unshaped magic. When this aura kills a creature, some of its necromantic energy will cling to to the victim. If the aura’s owner is stronger than the victim, or the victim is very strong-willed and doesn’t want to die, the victim’s departing soul may suck in the necromantic energy, bind itself to its corpse again, and reanimate itself as an undead Beast version of its previous species. It may be very quick, or it may take days before the victim rises from its grave, depending on various characteristics of the victim’s soul. This process, plus the process of dying itself, has a high chance of significantly damaging the victim’s soul, corrupting its mind until it’s just another shambling, not very intelligent undead. Usually this new undead has free will. Ordinary humans are pretty weak, so one is quite likely to rise as a zombie if killed by an undead. And of course, there are magic that prevents someone killed by undead to rise as undead, as well as rituals that directly transform living creatures into undead without truly killing them and thus with less chances of damaging their souls. Yes, you need a ritual to do the latter; I don’t want it to be doable via spells or abilities. Also, note that if an undead kills a creature normally, i.e. physically beating it to death, without using the energy-draining aura, the victim does not turn into an undead.

Oh, and something that may be relevant to BC’s question… Weak undead tend to be stupid, more often than not. Inversely, strong undead are very likely to be just as intelligent, if not more so, than their living counterparts. An undead creature usually gets smarter as it gets stronger, though this does asymptotically level off; it can’t get super intelligence or anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:
However, do keep in mind that just after a human polymorphs into a lich, the lich does not automatically gain a phylactery. Its soul starts off still inside its body, and it must then find an object to transfer its soul into.

Do you mean every single time? I can’t leave my soul stuffed inside my knife and walk around in human form?

Flag Post

Do you mean every single time? I can’t leave my soul stuffed inside my knife and walk around in human form?

No, I just mean the first transition. After that, your human form doesn’t have a soul if your soul is inside a phylactery.

Also, certain mind-based powers may be capable of reaching your phylactery through your body, since there is a magical link between the two.

Flag Post

Ok. Thanks!

Flag Post

They reproduce by being created, most likely by some evil magus of sorts.

Flag Post

But there aren’t many evil human Magi in the Undersphere, so undead creatures have to have some natural ways of spreading themselves.

Now that I think about it, most of the undead in the Undersphere should be undead demons, since there aren’t many other species that thrive down there. As for how demons live… They can eat each other and underground vegetation, but they’ve probably learned to absorb ambient energy or eat other things, like minerals or lava. So that isn’t too big of a problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

But there aren’t many evil human Magi in the Undersphere, so undead creatures have to have some natural ways of spreading themselves.

Now that I think about it, most of the undead in the Undersphere should be undead demons, since there aren’t many other species that thrive down there. As for how demons live… They can eat each other and underground vegetation, but they’ve probably learned to absorb ambient energy or eat other things, like minerals or lava. So that isn’t too big of a problem.

[Why not just have undead be like plants-If you split off a bit of one, a new one grows]

[Okay no that’s awful]

Flag Post

Primary Name: Fenix Antioch

Other Names: None right now.

Class: Magus

Species: Human

Human Appearance: His longish hair has turned a frostbitten, very pale shade of blue, sharply contrasting with his deep blue eyes. His face is usually set in a very serious, analyzing and slightly threatening way. His canine teeth(all four) have grown out slightly, giving a little resemblance to a saber-tooth-tiger. He wears a pauldron on one shoulder with icicles sticking off of it at varying angles. Underneath the pauldron he usually wears a sleeveless white blue shirt, covered in ice so that the blue is only a little visible. He has a tattoo of an inverted golden padlock with a golden chain running from it down, wrapping around a sapphire lightning bolt and finally reaching a sapphire key(which is the source of the bolt) that fades away before its completion on the non-pauldron arm.

True Appearance: N/A

Personality: With no memory of his former self(read background), he has had to reinvent himself. He does not speak much, but when he does, it is often something he has thought about and mulled over for a great length of time. He is slow to trust, slow to anger, and slow to betray trust once gained. Years he has spent meditating, much of that time devoted to religious thoughts, and he has come to this conclusion: he really doesn’t know for sure. All he knows is that it is up to each person to decide for themselves what they are worth regardless of their past.

Skills: Ambidextrous, agile, can scale walls, trees and the like with uncanny speed, hand to hand fighting of multiple forms, as well as various weapons, brilliant tactician, also quite good at poker. Cannot cook well.

Spells and Abilities: (Note: psyce, pronounced as sīs, is an extremely dense and durable pale purple-blue ice like material that is resistant to both magical and physical attacks. Fenix is able to control the temperature and coldness, that is, whether the cold will damage something or someone, of it. When psyce melts, it does not turn into water, but rather, it almost always turns into a strange gas which is extremely heavy and therefore quickly floats to the ground if left alone. It can turn into a liquid if the right temperature is kept, but the temperature range is so small it is nearly impossible to keep it there by conventional means. Luckily, Fenix doesn’t use what you’d call conventional means. If it turns into a liquid from a solid, it is a powerful conductor of energy, meaning Fenix could, for example, channel his Restorative Justice through this liquid state with almost no lost energy. However, if it turns into a liquid from a gas, because of the way the energies realign, it becomes a highly corrosive acid of a yellowish-green color. It is possible for Fenix to switch between the two states but it takes a large amount of mental focus and considerable energy compared to other manipulations of psyce; this is made even more difficult by the fact that…he doesn’t know it’s second liquid state even exists. Fenix can telepathically control any form of the psyce.)

Advanced Spells
Frozen Embalming-He is able to, when it is a dire need, encase himself, or someone else(with their conscious consent, or if unconscious) in an psyce and cause a coma-like trance that will, over time heal the body of all ills or wounds. It can cure all but the dead, although the time it takes to do is ranges from a long time(possibly several months, maybe a year) to a very long time(many years, dozens, perhaps a hundred if the wound is so severe). He could feasibly force the process on another, but the energy required would be monumental; therefore, for all intents and purposes, it is impossible to force the process on another. The process could also feasibly heal small wounds, but the healing time would still be a minimum of 10-15 days, in which one would be completely immobile. The material is extremely durable and somewhat resistant to magical and physical attacks, but not invulnerable. As a rather major side note, this does take quite a large amount of energy to begin the process, but only a very minimal amount sustain it. Therefore it is often useful to have an energy source nearby. It is notable that only the healing trance requires permission, because obviously, he could simply coat someone in psyce without them entering the healing trance.

Restorative Justice- He creates a dome of pale blue, almost invisible energy which acts like a shield and a restorative field. It’s size can be changed but bigger means more energy expended. With his staff(or a similar object) he can channel the energy and fire bolts, the power of which can be adjusted. Naturally, damage taken to the shield drains energy, and the amount of restoration/power of the bolts affects the amount of energy needed directly. If a hole is punched in the shield, then the restorative energy leaks out and dissipates with a speed according to the size of the hole.

Glacimorph- Fenix can turn his body into psyce, which he can then manipulate a little, i.e. contort his body to avoid a projectile coming at his chest. If he has a substantial amount of psyce elsewhere, he can cause his body to reform from that psyce. However, if he does not wish to transport himself, he can create a copy of himself, naturally a weaker copy.

????- I’ve PM’d B_S about it. Or I will sometime. Once I figure out what it is, to be honest.

Basic Spells
Frost Thought-Fenix can generate psyce on or close to his body(but not able to generate it on the other side of an object. I.e. inside a body or on the other side of a wall). He can create a very large amount of it and shape it in virtually any way he can imagine. As well as generating it, he can telepathically control it with his mind at up to about 15-20m. At further distances, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Air Whimsy-I could explain it, but basically it means he can be an Airbender, though if need be for balance, not quite as strong; though, airbending as shown in the tv show is not OP in this world I believe since it fits your criteria. If you need further explanation, simply ask.

Possessions: A staff which has the appearance of wood, but is enchanted to be much, much stronger, inlaid with various jewels along its length and a leather grip about halfway down the rod. Atop, it is adorned by an impressive, deep purple, stone which is cut so that, if absolutely needed, it could be used as a spear. All of the gems are very durable and capable of storing large amounts of energy.
Also, has a robotic arm that has been bonded with him, but he doesn’t know it. This will be the source of his final Advanced Spell once he discovers it.

Faction: Church of Light, formerly Magus Mechanicle.

Biography: Earlier in his life, approximately 425 years ago, the Magus Mechanicle performed experiments on him to test the bonding of biology with technology at a small outpost. Their efforts were met with astounding success, although in an unsuspected rage, Fenix destroyed the outpost and those inside of it(who were more intellectual than powerful). Whatever he did to cause the destruction or a battle shortly beforehand took a great toll on him, for his body forced him into the Frozen Embalming process, from which it took him about 425 years to fully regenerate(no, not just like the Doctor, I just like the word :p). Now, he is practically a new person, though he is burdened by the feeling that he must atone for whatever it was that he did that he has erased from his own memory.

Since his awakening, he has stayed at a Church of Light temple, for they have been kind in offering solace and hospitality, meditating day and night, trying to conjure how to atone for a sin he cannot remember. He seldom talks to anyone, though he did get close to a young couple, but they were captured by Beasts on an expedition and are presumed dead.

Flag Post

[I sense a Starcraft fan.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by WillItBlend:

[I sense a Starcraft fan.]

Good job. :)

B_S, I don’t want to make a scene, but I would like to say my piece, and since you say you’ve blocked my messages, I guess this is the place to say it.

Let me get this straight, you’re banning me from all your games because I know Nepycros, not because I’ve done anytihng, but because I know someone who did something…just trying to understand what’s happening. I know that by no means do you have to let me in the game, but at least be mature. What you’re doing is not.

Just so you know, Nepy hasn’t even thought about 12 Realms since you two fell out.

Flag Post

This is exactly what I meant by making a scene. Time for more ForumMute, I guess.

@Everyone else: No, I will not explain myself. It will take too long and is more trouble than it’s worth. If it ends up destroying my game or reputation, so be it.

Flag Post

I had no other way of communicating with you. You said so yourself. I’ll leave now if you want me to, but I genuinely wanted to figure out if that really was what was happening, and maybe show you how illogical it was.

Flag Post

Oh my. Well, if he thinks it’ll take too long, then I’ll fit in a word.

We were co-authors for a novel series that never got off the ground. Tons of complications occurred and I wanted out. He got upset because I didn’t promise to high heaven that I’d remove every trace of his character’s personality off the face of the earth if I were to go solo. Thus, he’s got a blood feud against me, and everything I touch or even associate myself with is automatically quarantine-material for him…

That should cover it.

Flag Post

Don’t derail the thread.

Flag Post

Then I’ll reserve this post to sign up. I don’t have enough free time to make a sheet, so this is just me saying I will, and marking a placeholder to do so.

Flag Post

Feel free to waste your time then.

Flag Post

Thus, he’s got a blood feud against me,

Expecting any other kind of feud from him would be silly.

Flag Post

That’s enough jokes cracked. Any more comments on this issue will count as one strike as per the rules on the first page. If you aren’t a player, I will flag your post.

Flag Post

I really didn’t want to make a scene. I just wanted to talk through what you had against me and maybe solve it maturely and logically like people should. But, you’ve requested that we all stop, so I will. I want to make sure my intentions were clear.

On topic, if it wasn’t me who posted the Fenix Antioch sign up sheet, would it have been accepted? I’m really interested what people think of it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maverixk:

On topic, if it wasn’t me who posted the Fenix Antioch sign up sheet, would it have been accepted? I’m really interested what people think of it.

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with the sign-up sheet. I’d accept it, if I were Blood_Shadow… but of course, I’m not Blood_Shadow.

Flag Post

We’ve worked out stuff so I’m gonna make some fixes to my sign up sometime to tomorrow(thursday) and then hopefully we’ll be good to go for Fenix.