[SIGNUPS] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [ALWAYS OPEN] page 21

599 posts

Flag Post

Knoob is no longer playing due to a lack of inspiration and creativity. He said I can modkill his character. These two posts have been edited:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/303836-game-rp-incarnatum-m-thologiae-signups-always-open?page=22#posts-6774215
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/303836-game-rp-incarnatum-m-thologiae-signups-always-open?page=22#posts-6777319

Flag Post

Primary Name:(full name) Frostix
Other Names:(in human form) Jack Frost
Class:Shifter
Species:Ice Elemental
Age 100
Human Appearance:A tall male with almost see-through skin and a suit. Blue eyes and hair,skin also seems blue and is cold to the touch
True Appearance:A shard of ice in the shape of a man, no hair, blue eyes, has an aura of frost around him.
Personality:A kind but gentle being, Frostix is liable to help those that he likes but can seem cold and aloof at times
Skills:Skiing Instructor
Spells and Abilities:
Basic Spells-Ice Mist: Frostix sends out a blast of icy vapor that coats any surface it touches with ice.This mist can be cast in a close aura around him but this isn’t very large and does less damage, Icicle: Frostix creates an icicle in his hands and sends it at a target, also triggers Ice Body
Basic Abilities-Ice Body: Frostix’s attacks give people frostbite, Shapechanging: Frostix can crudely change the shape of his body but cannot change too much from his true form, Sustenance: Frostix only needs water to stay alive
Advanced Abilities- Melt: Frostix melts himself, reducing the harm he takes but weakening him severely
Transparency: Frostix can make himself fully opaque and nothing can see him with out being able to detect the heat in objects
Possessions:An enchanted ice sword that he always carries on his person
Faction: Neutral
Biography:Frostix was born in the southern hemisphere and found his true form to be that of an ice elemental, following this, he started to explore the world. He has yet to find a faction but he dislikes The Draconian Accord.

Flag Post

Uh… There are some problems with your skills, spells, and abilities. Read the opening posts again and see if you can find what’s wrong. If not, I’ll point them out.

Flag Post

trying but I can’t see anything, please just tell me what’s wrong so that I can fix it.

Flag Post

Well, I’ll give you some hints.

Skills: Ice creation: Frostix can create ice at any time that he wants to and often is a laugh at parties (will offer to make drinks “colder”)

Skills are professions as we know them now. As a human, what work could you do? What could you do in a household? That kind of thing. Purely mundane stuff goes here.

Basic Abilities-Wall of ice: Frostix creates a wall of ice around him, protecting him from harm for a short while

Basic Abilities are something you get from your xenobiology. Since you are an ice elemental, they are something any ice elemental could do. You can have as many as you want, and they tend to be unspecific. Ice creation could go here, not up there.

Advanced Abilities-Everlasting ice: Frostix cannot melt, and nothing will melt him

This is an absolute. Absolutes are very not fun. Would you not melt even when thrown at the sun? Would you not melt even if (insert convoluted scenario involving obscure phenomenon and a heaping dose of physics here) happened? That’s not good. In this game, there is always a higher instance, and it’s called the GM’s character. If you can’t be melted by the GM’s character, you are too strong. Respecify.

Flag Post

thanks, I’ll change it but I’ll need ideas to help me more
Edit fixed, but if there’s anything else wrong then tell me as soon as possible

Flag Post

Freeze: a prison of ice encases the targets’ feet stopping them from moving

That sounds like an advanced spell.

Besides, if you’ve read things carefully enough, you should know that all magical effects must originate from yourself. You can’t just look at something and encase its feet in ice. It would be unavoidable, which is bad, and it wouldn’t work with my laws of physics. A pulse of cold energy originating from you that coats whatever surface it touches in ice achieves the same thing, and more, and doesn’t screw with physics or game rules. But if you do use this idea, it should be an advanced spell that either takes slightly long to cast, or costs a slightly large amount of energy, so that it isn’t spammable. A wide-area, difficult-to-dodge spell that is also spammable can be slightly overpowered.

Wall of ice: Frostix creates a wall of ice around him, protecting him from harm for a short while

That also sounds like an advanced spell.

Ice creation: Fostix can create ice anywhere as long as it’s not too hot

Anywhere? Including inside your opponent’s brain or heart? Yeah, that’s really not good. Elemental conjurations like this must originate from a surface on your body.

Also, ice creation should be an advanced ability. Being made of ice is the basic ability of an ice elemental, as they can stab things with icicles and give them frostbite. Many, but not all, ice elementals get the advanced ability to create and/or control more ice than their own bodies.

See-through: In human form, Frostix can make himself fully opaque and nothing can see him with out being able to detect the heat in objects

1. Do you mean transparent?

2. You should realize that if the ability is only invisibility, he can still be heard and detected by magic.

Primary Name: Jess Sloan

Whoa! How the hell did I completely miss this the last time I checked this thread? My apologies…

Berzerker- Causes Jess to go into a rage which not only drastically boosts physical fitness, but also ignore all pain.

Almost all pain. If, say, a powerful telepath hits you with a spell that causes immense illusory pain, you’re not going to resist it all.

Also, that sounds more like an advanced spell than basic.

Immune to non-magical weapons while in Ifrit form

Yeah, no. The ifrit form isn’t even incorporeal. Incorporeal creatures gain resistance, but not immunity, to physical attacks, as well as weakness to energy-based attacks.

Can create and shape fire.

Fire creation is either a basic spell or an advanced ability.

Immune to fire.

…just read this post.

Breath of Fire- allows Jess to bring something to life by breathing fire into it. He can do this to objects ranging from teapots and sculptures to dead bodies.

Allows Jess to form fire into a living object.

Things brought to “life” will just be mindless, soulless constructs that you control with your mind.

Also, objects already imbued with magic will be much more difficult to animate, depending on how strong the magic is. For example, you can’t just animate my magic sword and get it to attack me.

The only limits are

The only limits? Trust me, many more limits exist. You can’t bring the entire galaxy to life and have it do your bidding, for example.

only one object can be brought to life at a time

It is difficult to define what exactly one “object” is. For the sake of simplicity, you should change it so that you can animate as many things as you want, except animating more things or animating larger things costs more energy; your own energy is obviously limited. Also, even if you animate a small object, you can choose to pour more energy into it to make it stronger.

A coal that, when lit, will burn for as long Jess wants.

It will burn for a trillion years after the Sun itself is gone? Yeah, no. If you want something that continuously burns, it’ll have to automatically absorb energy from the environment to sustain itself. No energy, no burning.

spinning tales of his requirement in a ritual important to the survival of all life, and possible the creation of more.

While about 75% of the plot of this game is left open for the players to influence (if they aren’t so goddamned lazy), I have planned out the other 25%. For example, I have decided what the final boss is, but not when, where, or how it will be fought and defeated. If whatever you’re thinking conflicts with what I’ve planned, it will be cut.

Flag Post

are my profile fixes good?

Flag Post

changed again, will edit again if I need to

Flag Post

Ice Pulse: Frostix creates a small circle of ice arond the target’s feet that slows them down and deals a small amount of damage

Sigh… Sorry if this sounds condescending, but do you really understand why an ability like this is unacceptable?

The ability basically means that you look at your target, and his feet get trapped in ice. That’s it. No chance for him to dodge or avoid the spell in any way. I hate effects like these with a burning passion.

Also, this should be an advanced spell or ability.

Icicle: Frostix creates an icicle in his hands and sends it at a target, also triggers Made of Ice

This should be a basic spell or advanced ability.

Aura of Frost: when in true form Frostix is more resistant to damage and enimies near him are slowed

The damage resistance part counts as a basic ability. Note that as an ice elemental, you are resistant, but not immune, to cold damage. So an ice-based boss is still something for you to worry about.

However, the “enemies around him are slowed” part should be an advanced ability, simply because not all ice elementals have the basic ability to create an aura that slows surrounding enemies.

Transparent: In human form, Frostix can make himself fully opaque and nothing can see him with out being able to detect the heat in objects

There really is no need to make it so that the ability works only in human form. In fact, that really shouldn’t be the case, as abilities are derived from your ice elemental physiology.

Possessions:An ice sword that he always carries on his person

I assume the ice sword is enchanted to not melt? Since ice normally melts, presumably it automatically absorbs magic from the atmosphere to stay frozen. And presumably it’s also enchanted to be tougher than ordinary ice, otherwise it’s not going to last very long in a world full of fantastic combat.

You know what? Why don’t you just change your spells and abilities to these:

Basic Spells:
- Ice Mist: Frostix sends out a blast of icy vapor that quickly coats whatever surface it touches in ice, dealing cold damage and slowing down movements. He can spread the mist out as an aura around him, but it isn’t very large, doesn’t coat surfaces in ice as quickly, and doesn’t deal as much damage.
- Icicle: Same as before.

Basic Abilities:
- Ice Body: Same as your Made of Ice.
- Shapechanging: An ice elemental can crudely change the shape of its body to some degrees. For example, it can change its hands into spikes. Since this is only a basic ability, the shapechanging can’t be too detailed, and it can’t deviate too much from the elemental’s original form.
- Sustenance: An ice elemental only needs to consume water to survive.

Advanced Abilities:
Melt: Same as before.
Transparency: Same as before, except it now works in ice elemental form too.

Make those changes and you’ll be good.

Originally posted by efar:

are my profile fixes good?

No.

Seriously now. Normally I’m not against wish fulfilment, but come on. At least give your character some flaws and depth. The flaws don’t even have to be very crippling. And make the character at least somewhat realistic. I mean, seriously? Comparing his appearance to Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwarzenegger? Without even knowing how to spell Schwarzenegger’s last name or looking it up on Google? Puppy eyes on a wolf? A master assassin that hasn’t even received a single target in 572 years?! All those things, plus his large number of skills and strengths, and total lack of any character flaw whatsoever, means your character is nowhere near realistic enough to be in this game.

jump- Tamwyn can instantly move to places but this can only be used once every few days. Not affected by physical effects.

1. You need to elaborate on exactly what places you can teleport to.

2. No spell or ability should have a recharge of more than a day. I mean, even if a spell costs so much energy that it consumes your entire reservoir, it only takes about a day for you to recover. And a teleportation ability loses much of its usefulness if it makes you exhausted after each use. I just can’t think of a physical justification for why a teleportation spell would be only usable once every few days.

wolf voice- in wolf form Tamwyn can howl to his brethren (normal wolves only) and they will aid him in any way no matter what.

Wolves are animals, not mindless automatons. A wolf has no more reason to unconditionally aid another wolf or a werewolf, just like a human has no reason to unconditionally aid another human. Communicating with normal wolves is probably okay as a basic ability for werewolves, but mind controlling normal wolves is not.

batty- not really a possession but a strange, annoying friend. Looks like a bat but has a strange green glow and green eyes. only stops talking to sleep, eat, and hide.

You’d better elaborate on what this thing is.

jade amulet- a talisman that protects from possession and some magic.

What magic does it protect against?

I have some announcements to make.

Sometimes, the distinction between golems and certain elementals are often more than a little dubious. For example, ice elementals may not be very distinguishable from ice golems. The main distinctions are listed below:
- Golems can be made of specific materials, e.g. marble, steel, black adamantite. Elementals are just made of their elements, e.g. an earth elemental made of rocky minerals.
- A golem has a definite form that usually can’t change without the help of other spells or abilities. A golem is physically sturdier and stronger than an elemental of the same power level (unless the elemental has some sort of strength-enhancing spell or ability), but can’t recover from injuries as easily due to its rigid structure.
- An elemental has a slightly flexible body that is at least partially incorporeal, i.e. it can slip around attacks. Its shape can be changed crudely, without deviating too much from its original form. An elemental can recover from injuries more easily due to the fluidity of its body.

The shapechanging basic ability of elementals can only crudely change their body shapes. If they want full-blown shapeshifting that lets them freely change and fine-tune their shapes, they need to have shapeshifting as an advanced ability. My character Rosalyn has free shapeshifting as her basic ability because that’s the only major basic ability she has; unlike other elementals or similar creatures, her body doesn’t have any special properties (e.g. made of fire or acid) and isn’t particularly strong, not without the aid of other spells or advanced abilities.

Also, extremely powerful creatures, regardless of species, can pretty much just survive by absorbing ambient magical energy, without any other form of sustenance, regardless of whether they have this as an ability or not. Yes, this includes humans. If sufficiently powerful, like around the level of this game’s main antagonists, the being in question won’t even need air. Yes, ignoring the need for air is harder for humans; probably only Justinian XXI can do it if he didn’t already have a spell for that. Remember that oxygen doesn’t exist in this universe with different laws of physics, and the biology for everything, including humans, goes hand-in-hand with magic.

Flag Post

thanks, have changed it,

Flag Post

Dude, I haven’t said that you’re accepted yet, so technically you shouldn’t have posted…

Whatever. You’re accepted. No need to change anything.

Flag Post

sorry, you said in your previous post so I just assumed…
again, sorry.

Flag Post

I think I fixed my profile now

Flag Post

I think I fixed my profile now

No you haven’t.

Can be distracted at most times by a loud or colorful display.

This feels awkwardly tacked on when there’s no logical justification whatsoever why your character would be distracted by loud sounds or vivid colors. Also, with a flaw like that, he wouldn’t make a very good assassin.

jump- Tamwyn can instantly move to places

You still haven’t given the details and limitations to the places this spell can teleport your character to.

smelling fear

Fear isn’t something that can be physically smelled. Nor do werewolves have any basic psychic abilities to detect fear.

(the purpose of this guy is a secret so I can’t tell any more)

Don’t you think you should PM it to me? Otherwise, the moment it conflicts with anything I’ve planned, it will be brutally shot down.

he has trained since birth to hunt humans magi. He has not yet been given a target but recently became qualified to hunt magi.

What kind of training takes over 550 years?

Flag Post

Trainning that takes 550+ years?

Bestest training of all time.

Flag Post

I think I have it now

Flag Post

Primary Name: Alex

Other Names: Alexander Thorne

Class: Magus

Species: Human

Human Appearance: He wears a tight black shirt and blue skinny jeans, a brown leather jacket rests on his shoulders unzipped. He has a long pouch on his back made out of leather strips to carry his heirloom sword.

True Appearance: N/A

Personality: Alexander, normally shortened to Alex, is a quiet person. When he does speak, it normally comes out in a “Im better then you” tone, hes not the nicest but he knows his way around the spells of darkness. Usually thirsty for a blood bath, or a verbal fight.

Skills: Novice in the Dim Mak fighting style (TL;DR: Fighting style using short jabs to pressure points to weaken enemies.)

Spells and Abilities:
- Advanced spells:
Worldsphere Raiser: Alex may summon a creature from the undersphere using dense cylinder of black magic. Said energy then forcibly transports to Alex as soon as it seeks the first demon weak enough to be summoned against it’s will.
Raise the Dead: Soulless corpses rise from the deceased, using pure energy from Alex. Though the creature is created purely and only by Alex, the corpse is just a needed ‘target’.
Black Rope: Rope, or string like material, creeps out of Alex’s finger tips, slithering out with the motion of a Serpent, squirming itself hastily towards the opposer. The ropes seek out a brain, soul, heart, basic living necessities and the rope attaches to the said necessity to control much weaker opponents like children and small animals. To others, it will severely hinder the reactions and movement.
Hellish Incineration: A beam of winding, twisting, pure black particles eradicate from Alex’s hand, an extremely flammable material that would ignite anything vigorously that is able to be ignited. The fire burns continuously until it makes contact with water or extinguished by magic or Alex.

- Basic spells:
Emit Darkness: Alex pulses darkness into the air from his hands and torso, mainly used with cloak of shadows or used as smoke screen.
Sphere of Hatred: A handful sized sphere that can be spawned with ease, as light as air, but when hurled, the sphere hardens to make a dense block, useful as a blunt weapon.

- Basic abilities: N/A

- Advanced abilities: N/A

Possessions: A silver blade with a gold imbued into the handle socketed with rubies and emeralds. This heirloom, handed down from his now deceased father, is important to Alex since it’s the only physical memory of his family, despite its age the sword works as if it were just forged.

Biography: Alex grew up in the harsh jungles of Sarva, he learned much there, like survival, combat, and tending minor wounds. At the age of 10, his father gave him his trusty sword.. his father died a grusome death along with his mother and sister, they were slaughtered before his eyes. This has traumatized him ever since.. he holds onto his sword as a memory from the past, a memory from the only person he will ever trust. He only had his younger brother by his side, Alex was expected to live as an adult at the age 10, scaring him for life. Two years have passed before his younger brother was stolen and sacrificed in a religious ceremony. The images of blood and death constantly fill his mind ever since the slaughtering of his family. His sword is the only thing Alex has left to live for..

Flag Post

I think I have it now

You’re almost there. Almost. The only problem right now is that it’s still unrealistic to train an assassin for 70+ years before giving him a real target even once. Also, you haven’t specified why your character’s clan hunts down and kill Magi, or specifically what kind of Magi it kills.

Oh, and the bat familiar. That will be discussed in PMs.

Originally posted by Stone667:

[Not sure if this game is still active, I hope it is, but if it is active, can you check the sign up thread?]

This game will end when I finally succumb to depression and give up on FGF altogether. My periods of inactivity are caused by schoolwork, the aforementioned depression, Skyrim, and various other distractions.

Your character is mostly fine, but it has some small problems.

Hell Raiser: Alex may summon a demonic creature from the hells or raise a ghoul from any nearby corpse.

There is no “hell” on the Worldsphere. If you want to summon a demon from the Undersphere, well… Just read this post.

Black Rope: Rope, or string like material, burts out of Alex’s finger tips, blasting off with the speeds of a rocket.

That’s too fast. If you don’t tone it down to some more reasonable speed, trying to propel something at that speed will consume a large amount of energy.

The fire burns continuously until it makes contact with water or extinguished by Alex.

Or when it’s put out by some other magic.

Faction: The Hordes of Ruin

It’s slightly implausible that a human is in the Hordes of Ruin.

his father died a grusome death along with his mother and sister, they were slaughtered before his eyes.

Who or what killed his family? For what reasons? You can tell me via PM if you don’t want to reveal it to the public.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

There is no “hell” on the Worldsphere. If you want to summon a demon from the Undersphere, well… Just read this post.

Alright, I was in a mindset of true summoning so i’ll take that.

That’s too fast. If you don’t tone it down to some more reasonable speed, trying to propel something at that speed will consume a large amount of energy.

I’ll also edit my previous post, but I want to specify what I changed in this post. So how about slow, serpent like movement in a windy pattern?

Or when it’s put out by some other magic.

Should’ve specified, figured it was implied.

It’s slightly implausible that a human is in the Hordes of Ruin.

That’s the closest that fit my character type, though I did realize that it was mainly beasts with few shifters and just about zero humans. The closest that fits the ‘destroy all who oppose’ is the Magus Mechanicle which seems to hate beasts “With a zealous passion”. Alex doesn’t hate people because hes a zealot, he hates other people simply because they’re a person, hell, he would even hate other Magi. Do I have the feeling of the Magus Mechanicle wrong or should I settle for Neutral and be who he is?

Who or what killed his family? For what reasons? You can tell me via PM if you don’t want to reveal it to the public.

PM’d

Flag Post

Sign!

Primary Name: Nick

Other Names: Nicholas, The Red Knight, The Winged Demon

Class: Shifter

Species: Demon and dragon hybrid/Winged Demon

Human Appearance: Nicholas appears to be in his mid-twenties in human form. Nicholas has blood-red eyes and blood-red hair. All of his hair is spiked up. Nicholas usually wears a blood-red shirt and black jeans with red and black shoes. He usually has a giant sword strapped to his back. The sword has a red handle and guard. The blade is black, made of a mysterious metal that repairs itself when it is absorbed into itself. Nicholas has a muscular build. In the center of both of his palms, there are red balls that lead up his arms and connect at the cervical vertebrae and leading up to the top of his head.

True Appearance: In Nicholas’s true form, he stands nine feet tall and really muscular. He basically looks like the Hulk but red and with wings. Yes, the wings. He has wings on his back. His wingspan is about his height. He has black balls in the center of both his palms leading up his arms and connecting at the cervical vertebrae and leading up to the top of his head. He wears shorts during his true form, and only shorts. He has black eyes and black hair. He usually doesn’t have his blade strapped to his back because it is absorbed into his body.

Personality: Nicholas’s personality ultimately depends on the situation. When around his friends, he is generally jovial and kind, etc. When he is angered, he activates Hulk-mode, where he transforms into his true form. When in awkward situations, he usually cannot pull words from his mouth.

Skills: Strength. Being a demon, Nicholas is quite strong…

Spells and Abilities:

Advanced Spell:

Lava Blast – Nicholas causes magma to explode from the earth, directly beneath his enemies, it kind of looks like this, but it doesn’t make a mountain. He can summon multiple blasts. If there is no lava around, he conjures the lava beneath the surface of the earth. He needs to extend a line of energy from himself to his target(s) and cause the lava to explode there.

Basic Spell:

Friendly Fire – Nicholas conjures a small and quick flame that is somewhat alive. He can control it and make it smash into an enemy for a bit of damage.l

Advanced Ability

Fire Bolts – Nicholas can shoot bolts of fire from the red/black balls in the middle of his palms.

Basic Abilities

Dragon Breath – Nicholas can breathe fire whenever he wants to.

Demons Strength, Dragons Speed – Nicholas has the strength of a demon and the speed of a dragon.

Flight – Nicholas can use his wings to fly.

Possessions: Nicholas possesses sword that has a red handle and guard and a black blade made from a mysterious metal. It has great power because it has killed many a foe, due to it’s sharpness and durability. He only has it in human form, it is naturally consumed into his body when he takes on his true form. It automatically repairs itself when it is absorbed into his body, so whenever he is in his true form or asleep, it repairs itself.

Biography: Nicholas never knew his parents. Of course, he knew one was a dragon and the other a demon, but otherwise, he knew nothing at all about them. He grew up alone in the harsh world of Worldsphere. Yes, it was tough, but being a demon/dragon hybrid, it wasn’t as tough as it could be. He traveled the world, made friends and enemies. He trained everyday, becoming more and more powerful. He stumbled upon a mysterious weapon, a sword. Black-bladed, red-handled and guarded, seemed perfect for him. He picked it up, claiming it as his own. Nicholas himself doesn’t know what the blade is made of, or the handle and guard, although he realized that his sword can automatically repair itself when it is absorbed into himself, when he’s sleeping or in his true form a few years ago. The blade is deadly to his foes. He continued to train and practice with his new blade and traveled the world, kept on traveling, kept on trying to survive.

Flag Post

@Stone:

Alright, I was in a mindset of true summoning so i’ll take that.

If it’s just ordinary summoning, you’ll need profiles or at least descriptions of the demons Alex has established summoning pacts with. Also, note that once a creature is summoned, there is no way to “unsummon” it, since a summoning is a one-way teleport and doesn’t remember where it summoned the creature from.

If you don’t want a huge list of summons, then just make it so that the spell sends a wide cylinder of energy that phases through the ground into the Undersphere below. The energy then forcibly transports to Alex the first demon weak enough to be summoned against its will. Weaker demons generally aren’t very intelligent, so the spell will temporarily alter the summoned demon’s mind slightly so that its savage instincts are biased toward a target of Alex’s choosing when he cast the spell. The energy spent depends on the power of the demon summoned relative to Alex, and he can summon multiple demons by putting in more energy. What kind of demon he summons will be totally up to chance and plot, though. Also, this spell is designed to bind and summon demons with greater ease, so it will cost more energy than usual to summon a creature that is only part demon; the energy needed approaches infinity as the creature’s demonic heritage approaches zero.

Also, the spell shouldn’t be able to summon demons and reanimate at the same time. The reanimation will be the “first kind” of summoning mentioned in my post, instead of the second, “true” summoning. It won’t actually create a ghoul creature, not if there’s no soul left in the corpse.

I’ll also edit my previous post, but I want to specify what I changed in this post. So how about slow, serpent like movement in a windy pattern?

Should’ve specified, figured it was implied.

These are no longer problematic.

Do I have the feeling of the Magus Mechanicle wrong or should I settle for Neutral and be who he is?

Just be neutral then. He shouldn’t be in the Hordes of Ruin if he’s not, you know, actually in them.

Also, your Cloak of Shadows and Emit Darkness spells are basically the same thing. Why don’t you replace Cloak of Shadows with undead “summoning”? As I said above, one spell shouldn’t be able to both summon demons and raise undead, as the two are quite distinct.

@Underlord:

That’s a bit too old. I know I accepted Arkenarken’s character, who is 1021 years old, but I regret that decision; he is inactive anyways. Something happened around 1000 years ago, shortly after polymorph was invented, something that was basically erased from history. I don’t want anyone to be old enough to remember what happened, as that’s rather plot-critical. Make your character ~900 years old and it’ll be fine.

All demons can fly.

Nope. Demons are highly varied in physical shape. Since they mostly live underground, there aren’t that many flying demons. Also, flight should go under basic abilities.

Candlelight – Nicholas turns into a small ball of fire. He controls it. He can speed up and attack an enemy, slightly burning the enemy and quickly transform back.

Spells generally do not physically transform the caster’s body, and that’s what makes the polymorph spell so unique and plot-critical. A temporary physical transformation like that should be an advanced ability.

Lava Blast – Nicholas causes magma to explode from the earth, directly beneath his enemies

Read this post, where it has a quote saying “cracks open under the enemy and catches them on fire”. Also, the spell should use its caster’s magical energy to conjure lava if there isn’t any actual lava around. If there is lava around, the spell will imbue the lava with the caster’s energy and cause it to erupt from the ground; this obviously costs less energy than conjuring lava out of magic. If the lava is already imbued with magic from some other source, e.g. it is under someone else’s control or a part of some creature’s body, then a “magic arm wrestling” will occur if you want to control it, forcing you to spend additional energy. It is generally not possible to control someone else’s body part unless you’re much stronger than your target.

Nicholas possesses sword that has a red handle and guard and a black blade made from a mysterious metal. It has great power.

What metal? What power?

Faction: Utopia

A demon in Utopia is… slightly implausible. But I guess if Nicholas is a “nice” demon…

Flag Post

Fix’d, hopefully. I don’t have time to PM you back but I will.

Flag Post

Hmm, I’m sure we already have a demon-dragon hybrid, Underlord, ahem-hem…

Flag Post

You aren’t the only one who is allowed to make a demon-dragon hybrid, BC. Besides, Phirix-Therex is part incorporeal fire demon, part blue dragon, while Nicholas is part red dragon, part… some kind of large corporeal demon, most likely.