[SIGNUPS] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [ALWAYS OPEN] page 9

599 posts

Flag Post

{ I am so happy with this nerd discussion. I feels so at home. }

Flag Post

Another thing needs to be addressed. To teleport from one location to another, the amount of energy required is at least the amount of work that must be done to travel there normally. This is so that one cannot teleport something up into the sky, let it drop to harvest gravitational potential energy, then teleport it up into the sky, and repeat infinitely to get infinite energy. Portals (technically wormholes) connecting two locations obey the same principle, costing at least the energy equivalent to the amount of work that must be done to travel between the locations to keep open. Hence, nothing like this can happen:

By work, I mean a force acting over a distance. It takes work to raise something higher up into the air, because you need to act against gravity; it takes no work if there is no gravity or other forces opposing your motion.

Flag Post

Just wondering, when teleporting, does momentum still effect you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

Just wondering, when teleporting, does momentum still effect you?

Yes. Things in motion stay in motion unless opposed by some outside influence.

Flag Post

[Dammit how did I miss this???]
[Going to post a sign soon.]

Flag Post

Primary name: Adrian Almaedo
Other names: Adrian the Understanding (This name isn’t very widespread, just in my neighborhood)
Class: Shifter
species: Were – Ocelot
Human Appearence: 5’10" tall and slightly noticable muscle. Emrald green eyes with ovular puples (like that of the Ocelot). I have orange colored hair with a few flecks of black. My face is roughly circular with a proportionally smaller nose that is a few shades darker than the rest of my tan skin. I wear a dark green tunic and sand colored pants. I don’t wear shoes or sandals because they would feel quite uncomfortable because, if you were to see the bottom of my feet, you would see cat-like leathery spots. These abnormalities are caused by my not being in total control of my shift side.
True Appearence: A very slender, musclularly toned jungle cat,with orange fur and black spots. My ears point upwards. A black nose and green eyes with ovular, bordering on creasent, pupils. The rest of the face is a standard cat-type face. I do, in fact, have fangs, though people don’t see them often. I am Quadrapeadal, and 3 and half feet long (with a 2 foot tail), two feet tall. As the fur nears my feet and underbelly, it gets steadily whiter and less spotted. The tip of my tail is black. I have very sharp claws, both fore and aft paws.
Personality: Very out-going, compassionate, and understanding due to his upbringing (see biography). I value friendship highly, but understand that some things are not to be shared. While my value of friendship is nice in most situations, it renders me unable to leave an ally behind without feeling crushing guilt, bordering manic depression (Amplified if I later find said ally died). Generally quite reckless and impulsive, it is uncommon to see me think through anything that I don’t feel matters. While I am smart enough to realize my mistakes moments after I make them, it is generally a bit too late.
SPELLS/ABILITIES
Advanced spell
Writ of Blindness: This doesn’t really make people blind. It invokes a magical darkness within a 50m (radius) sphere of myself (the location which I cast it from, not mobile with me) for ten minutes. It extinguishes natural fire (As in, created naturally) within a certain tempurature inside the sphere and dampens all other forms of artificial light to minimal. It makes light magic sightly harder to create as well. This darkness also has an element fog to it, so light cast (non-magic fire is unable to be created normally inside the sphere) from inside the sphere is obscured significantly. Both affects effect me.
Basic spell
Magical awareness: Waves of magic emminate from me and bounce off of objects. I interpret the bounced magic into a picture of the landscape about 10m around me. (Basically a magic sonar/radar) Magi and more powerful shifters may be able to tap into this spell, but they may also only feel static magic.
Find: a spell that gives the caster a sense of direction, or, if the caster is thinking of a familiar person or thing, points them in the general direction of that person or object. It requires some conduit to use, something like a strong memory or an object owned by the person, or a piece of the object.
Basic Abilities
Above average eyesight and hearing: Being a shifter to cat has its benefits. Like a cat, hearing and seeing are above average. Present in human form, but much more apparent in shifted form.
Sharp claws: Abnormally sharp claws. Apparent in shifted form only.
Advanced balance: A good sense of balance, both in shifted and human form.
Advanced ability
Frenzy: The total incarnation of my shifted form, I abandon all feelings human and attemp to rip apart everything in front of me, regardless of if it is friendly or not. My natural strength is amplified by the surge of adrenaline for the ten minutes that this happens in.
Possesions: none
faction: Utopia
Biography: I came from a poor family with little to live for. My family never put false illusion upon me, I grew up knowing the hard truth. Growing up in the overlooked slums of Utopia, I learned the types of racism and xenophobia. The only benefits to the slums were that I also found friends in similar, worse, or better situations. They made me understand different ways of living, different points of view. I guess this fostered most of my good, understanding, compassionate views of the world and my fierce friendships. My parents died when I was 16, leaving me in a tough position. If it weren’t for my array of friends, I probably wouldn’t have made it through the five years after that.

(Tell me if there needs to be more)

Flag Post

Now we just need to wait for Ocelot, the FGF member, to join…

Your profile is mostly fine, with only a few very small problems.

First, technically your species should be a were-ocelot, as a normal ocelot is just an animal and has no magic.

Second, Writ of Blindness may not be able to extinguish extremely hot natural fires.

Third, the Find spell has to have some sort of conduit that allows it to find its target. I guess I can be a little lax here, and say that memories of the target can act as a conduit, though a link established this way should be extremely general and vague. More solid, concrete conduits, like more vivid memories or actual physical pieces that once belonged to the target (though this becomes weaker if the pieces have been separated from the target for too long), will give clearer directions. And the direction pointer should be fuzzier the further away the target is; you’re obviously not going to get much if, say, the target is in another galaxy or plane of existence.

Flag Post

Added something to Rosalyn’s basic abilities to justify how she can see things as a blob of liquid metal even if she doesn’t have eyes in that form.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Now we just need to wait for Ocelot, the FGF member, to join…

Your profile is mostly fine, with only a few very small problems.

First, technically your species should be a were-ocelot, as a normal ocelot is just an animal and has no magic.

Second, Writ of Blindness may not be able to extinguish extremely hot natural fires.

Third, the Find spell has to have some sort of conduit that allows it to find its target. I guess I can be a little lax here, and say that memories of the target can act as a conduit, though a link established this way should be extremely general and vague. More solid, concrete conduits, like more vivid memories or actual physical pieces that once belonged to the target (though this becomes weaker if the pieces have been separated from the target for too long), will give clearer directions. And the direction pointer should be fuzzier the further away the target is; you’re obviously not going to get much if, say, the target is in another galaxy or plane of existence.

ok. I’ll fix these details.
Plan on my entry tommorow.

Flag Post

Remember, guys, Utopia is composed of multiple floating cities. Only one of the cities crashed just now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Remember, guys, Utopia is composed of multiple floating cities. Only one of the cities crashed so far.

fix’d for you.

Flag Post

Well… More cities will crash in the future for sure, but not in the immediate future.

Adrian is accepted.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Benjamin

Other Names: Ben, Benjy, Wise man

Class: Shifter

Species: Wyvern

Human Appearance: Brunette spiky hair with blue eyes, chubby build but really strong, short.

True Appearance: I am like a dragon but smaller, my tale is like a mace with a lump of bone to smash things, I can’t breath fire, I am a grey-brown coluoures, I have scales but wy weakspot is in between my wings and torso. I am 18 meters long from snout to tip of tail.

Personality: I am very witty and quick, but I struggle to understand simpler things, I am paranoid and have crazy moments sometimes. I am loyal, and don’t like fighting, but if I have to, I will fight fearlessly and ruthfully without remorse.

Skills: I am good at flying acrobatics and speedily, but I am not good at carrying heavy waits, I have a very loud roar.

Spells and Abilities: Can turn water into any other liquid ex. Acid, Wine, Weak medicine, Lava

Can spawn any natural creatures for 10 minutes ex. Lions, Bears

Can use tail as whip, Can fly, Acidic saliva, Excellent senses.

Can heat any surface to 10,000 c without it melting

Can breath underwater, and high in the air

Possessions: Carrying a magic enhancing staff.

Faction: The Draconian Accord

Biography: When he first shifted he killed his parents, he lived in solitude for years, only to come out a year ago.

Flag Post

Uh… Your profile has lots of problems, Bengyrob. First of all, go back and read the spells and abilities section again. If you can figure out why your profile isn’t acceptable, and fix it accordingly, we can then talk about its other problems.

Flag Post

I apologize, but from Monday to Wednesday each week I’ll be pretty busy with schoolwork and less likely to post in-character in this game, though I can still answer any of your questions and oversee the game, and occasionally I might be able to squeeze in a post or two. I usually have plenty of free time from Thursdays to Sundays.

By “post in-character”, I mean writing the long walls of text that have become my norm a long time ago. Short posts are generally easy for me to do.

Flag Post

When are you going to do my character resolution?

EDIT:This is helltank, I forgot to log out of my alt.

Flag Post

I’ll do it in my next post as Rosalyn, which will come tomorrow or Thursday.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Shine

Other Names: Thomas King, King of Omega

Class: Beast

Species: Natural Diamond Golem

Human Appearance: N/A

True Appearance: A humanoid, garbed in matte black clothes. A pretty large humanoid, too – scaled quite a bit larger than an average human, to the point where fitting through doors built for humans becomes somewhat tough. That’s as much as you can tell. With the clothes off, it becomes a bit too bright to look in that direction.

Personality: Tries to get everyone on his side. He’s perceived as the good guy because people do like him, as he acts in their favor. Good is not nice, though – if you refuse to be on Shine’s side, he can turn out to be pretty cruel if the commoners on his side feel like watching some drawn-out punishment for their enemies.
If Shine does any religion, it’s one in which he’s the god, and he cares about his subjects, passing judgement. He wishes well to those who wish to live in peace in those hard times, and tries to stop those who try to deny the others that possibility. It’s called freedom – people are more free to live than they are free to murder, as living doesn’t require consent of another person.

Skills: Shine’s size and physical qualities make him fit for heavy, sustained physical labor. He’s a good builder, and parts of Utopia owe their existence to him in more ways than one.

Spells and Abilities:

Basic:

Pointy: Shine’s fingers have been expertly manicured, making them rather sharp. Usually, to pick up paper, he delicately impales it. If he was to poke somebody in the chest, there’s no telling how deep the resulting hole would go. Probably as deep as Shine’s finger is long, and that’s a fair amount.
Strong: On hunting trips, Shine uses a balista. It’d be called a crossbow if it wasn’t built to fit his size. He carries it and cocks it by hand. Quite a crack shot with it, too.
Eater: Natural golems grow their bodies by consuming their respective minerals. Due to scarcity, their digestive systems are quite efficient, filtering out what they need. Shine, as he diamond, seeks to consume carbon-equivalent. When he does, he can mend his body with it. Golems patch themselves up fast. Stuff which isn’t carbon-equivalent is turned into energy for sustenance instead.
Electric brain: All golems, even the diamond ones, use silica-equivalents in their noggins for thinking. This causes certain quirkiness, like a racial preference for binary (in the golems which understand counting, at least). Golem brains work worse in heat because of the silica-equivalents properties, and the sun’s unrelenting rays are a problem for them, heating their heads up and making them very thick if not too dumb to move until they cool down.
Prismatic: Shine, as a diamond golem, has that problem mostly dealt with. Diamond golems use their bodies to redirect all the light that falls on them instead of just certain wavelengths, and decide where does it go as well via proper internal reflection. Usually, when some awe is needed, they redirect light in the faces of everyone else. Pretty much always, they redirect light away from their heads, keeping their brains cool.
Magic breath: Most of the higher-end golems have a natural ability to use a breath weapon. In diamond golems’ case, the breath weapon is a ray of unaligned magic – owing to the clarity of diamond, the magic lacks an elemental affiliation.
Undifferentiated tissue: Diamond golems, aside from their siliceous-equivalent nervous systems, are all diamond-analogue. Yet, they function in a lifelike fashion. Any bit of diamond a diamond golem is made of can do everything that’s needed, using magic. Contracting like muscle, being rigid like bone, digesting, receiving sensory data. This makes biology simpler and wounds less threatening, as complications don’t occur. Also, due to the varying physical properties of a golem’s diamond, golems are not as brittle as expected – but they retain their hardness.

Advanced:

Light of Judgement: Shine uses ultraviolet light to paint a target area, which takes a frisbee-like shape, usually parallel to the relatively flat surface Shine and everyone else is standing on. After a moment, high-intensity radiation pours down from the disc – or up as well, if needed. This light does three things – it either:
-Causes an intense yellow glow
-Just passes through without an effect
-Disintegrates.
The most natural, default use is this combination of settings: Inanimate solids are passed through, air and the like glows yellow, and animate matter is disintegrated – effectively removing an enemy and leaving only all of his belongings. Changing from those settings to another actually makes using Light of Judgement more strenuous, unless all the disintegration is removed from it – but then it’s just a glorified flashlight. Overly large amounts of disintegration are very strenuous.
Even at the natural settings, the Light is a very taxing technique. At most, Shine can use it once every 12.5 hours, unless it doesn’t include any disintegration at all. The Light uses a separate reserve of Shine’s energy – it’s quite obvious when that’s depleted, too, since Shine goes all yellow himself. This also makes his vision impaired due to the everpresent yellow tint.
Calorurgy: Shine can control heat. By sending magic places, he can grab thermal from an area and tow it to some other area. The heatload retains some kind of inertia which makes it reasonably clean – practically all of the heat is reliably dumped at the destination point. Magic used in the process also turns to heat at the end of the process, and is left at the dump zone.
Juggernaut: Shine starts equalizing momentum, resilience and magic. In that state, the faster he goes, the tougher he is. Should something try to hurt him, it’ll have to use up energy on mitigating his velocity in the process. Should something try to slow him down, it’ll have to use up energy on hurting him in the process. Magic energy storage is the third element of those relations – trying to drain that will have to also overcome the other two, and it aids in stopping negative change to the other two.
Since this ability entails transfer of energy between vitals, kinetic and magic, it can be used for doing that internally and not just as a reaction to balance decrease – but for that, Shine requires focus, and can’t do it while distracted or busy.
Anystep: Shine can generate much increased surface tension in fluids, causing them to become practically solid for a few seconds before the magic disperses – this is easier if they’re close by. The primary use of this is walking – forming solidified air under Shine’s feet for just long enough to step off it. This process is pretty economic – Shine can keep it up for a long time before becoming tired.

Possessions: Omega, one of the larger cities of Utopia. A few smaller cities of Utopia. Several hundred thousand mixed-race members of society under Shine’s reign, including at least a few thousand mixed-material golems drafted into an impromptu military force and a few dozen of shadowdancer pirate zombie robot guardians, always hiding and ready to spring out should Shine be threatened. A large stockpile of rare minerals, both useful and valuable.

Faction: A quite meaningful figure in Utopia.

Biography: Shine somehow managed to get to Utopia and lived there – centuries ago. Over time, he sought to improve his situation, like any intelligent being would do. Soon, that included organizing other people into groups in which they help each other – or rather one big group. Shine built homes for others along with others, defended others from more savage inhabitants of Utopia – a few dozen years passed, and people started thinking of him as a saint-like figure. In an election, he’s been acclaimed a ruler of one of the cities – pretty much everyone in the city felt that should be the case, and monarchies work quite well for small areas.
Since then, his influence only grew, slowly and steadily.

Flag Post

Not everyone is so weak that they can’t even look at a diamond statue, Minnakht. Especially since not everything relies on sight. If you don’t have an ability to specifically hide Shine’s appearance, you need to put his appearance in.

In this universe, brains are generally only there to help along, and you don’t absolutely need one to think; technically all you need is a soul. For creatures like humans, a brain is required for the soul to finely control the body, so the body shuts down if the brain is destroyed. However, plenty of creatures have no brains, including golems. A golem’s soul is stored in the head, so its head isn’t purely decorative.

An ability that can pass through physical objects and disintegrate physical objects is kind of bad. For example, phasing through someone’s armor and skull to disintegrate the brain. Hence, if the Light of Judgment attempts to phase through an object containing magic or a soul, it will only partially go through, and be weakened greatly, depending on how strong the magic is; it’s entirely possible for the phasing to fail outright and get blocked. Also, the closest thing to disintegration I can allow is something like Rosalyn’s Curse spell, a spell that breaks things down to deal damage.

Calorurgy can’t pass through solids, and experiences great resistance if it attempts to pass through magical or soul-containing liquids or gases. No passing through someone’s skull to freeze or boil the brain.

Anystep will have less effect on magical or soul-containing liquids and gases.

Flag Post

Not everyone is so weak that they can’t even look at a diamond statue, Minnakht. Especially since not everything relies on sight. If you don’t have an ability to specifically hide Shine’s appearance, you need to put his appearance in.

Generally, as you said, it’s a diamond statue. Over two meters tall, over a meter wide even with arms hanging down (extended, they have much more span). Has to go through some doors sideways, since they’re too narrow for his width.
General build similar to this, albeit with a normal head.
Usually seen as a bright outline a human would have to squint at. That’s why the clothes are there.

In this universe, brains are generally only there to help along, and you don’t absolutely need one to think; technically all you need is a soul. For creatures like humans, a brain is required for the soul to finely control the body, so the body shuts down if the brain is destroyed. However, plenty of creatures have no brains, including golems. A golem’s soul is stored in the head, so its head isn’t purely decorative.

In this case, the electronic brain is still a very potent processing unit.

An ability that can pass through physical objects and disintegrate physical objects is kind of bad. For example, phasing through someone’s armor and skull to disintegrate the brain. Hence, if the Light of Judgment attempts to phase through an object containing magic or a soul, it will only partially go through, and be weakened greatly, depending on how strong the magic is; it’s entirely possible for the phasing to fail outright and get blocked. Also, the closest thing to disintegration I can allow is something like Rosalyn’s Curse spell, a spell that breaks things down to deal damage.

Basically, it’s a major yellow ray. It IS supposed to pass through the armor to disintegrate the skull and the brain and the rest of the body as well, leaving nothing but the armor. On the power scale, it’s way up, and it takes a day for it to come off cooldown afterwards.
Generally, it’ll try to disintegrate objects containing souls outright, since whatever has a soul is animate in a way, even if not alive.

If you wish to nerf it into oblivion, I can’t really do anything but shrug.

Calorurgy can’t pass through solids, and experiences great resistance if it attempts to pass through magical or soul-containing liquids or gases. No passing through someone’s skull to freeze or boil the brain.

Again, if you wish to nerf it into oblivion, I can’t really do anything but shrug and use something else instead. If it can’t affect solids, then it’s highly useless.

Anystep will have less effect on magical or soul-containing liquids and gases.

You see, this is why I prefer using this kind of abilities in your games. Anystep will be used mostly to walk on perfectly mundane air. It does not interfere with enemies in any way, it does not meet resistance, and I get to be able to essentially fly, so I achieve what I wanted to achieve.
Meanwhile, anything that affects anything that isn’t myself gets nerfed to oblivion, so I might as well stop trying to make that kind of ability and just get four self-buffs.

Is there a gamma ray equivalent in your world? I’d like to fire those as an advanced ability if there was a way to do so.

Flag Post

I request to buff my character, because my power is under par compared to others.

Flag Post

Again, if you wish to nerf it into oblivion, I can’t really do anything but shrug and use something else instead. If it can’t affect solids, then it’s highly useless.

[I’m pretty sure you can generate heat in an extremely narrow field around a solid and fry it, the field just can’t pass through solids.]

You see, this is why I prefer using this kind of abilities in your games. Anystep will be used mostly to walk on perfectly mundane air. It does not interfere with enemies in any way, it does not meet resistance, and I get to be able to essentially fly, so I achieve what I wanted to achieve.
Meanwhile, anything that affects anything that isn’t myself gets nerfed to oblivion, so I might as well stop trying to make that kind of ability and just get four self-buffs.

[And yet any character with Elemental Manipulation can fly also.]

I request to buff my character, because my power is under par compared to others.

[Funny, yours was the one I was stressing about the possibility of fighting. Given that it has an armour-piercing negative effect that slowly kills, my character loses if hit by that. I specifically made sure IE would have status effect curing batteries so our party is not screwed by abilities such as that.]

[Then again, that’s because my character can only heal wounds and has little defensive capacity.]

Flag Post

Usually seen as a bright outline a human would have to squint at.

Ordinary powerless humans are little more than cannon fodder.

In this case, the electronic brain is still a very potent processing unit.

Golems don’t need electronic brains to control their bodies properly because of their simplistic biology. That isn’t saying you can’t have an electronic brain implant, but I don’t think anyone outside Magus Mechanicle has that kind of technology.

It IS supposed to pass through the armor to disintegrate the skull and the brain and the rest of the body as well, leaving nothing but the armor. On the power scale, it’s way up, and it takes a day for it to come off cooldown afterwards.

Regardless, I can’t have you disintegrating other player characters. At most it’ll deal a lot of damage, and the target might exhaust its energy reserves to block the light and prevent itself from being disintegrated. And Dominic Christopher will just shrug it off. Also, any armor worth looting will have at least a slight capability to block phasing attacks, else everyone would simply use phasing attacks and armor would become completely useless.

Now that I think about it, taking longer to recharge doesn’t mean your ability is stronger. I remember reading somewhere that in D&D, a green dragon shaman can breathe out a cloud of acid that covers the whole planet for a year, at the cost of not being able to use his breath weapon for a few years afterwards. Well, it doesn’t work like that in my setting. If you don’t have enough energy in your reserves, you simply can’t deal that much damage; you can’t just “borrow” energy from nowhere and “pay it pack” over the course of 12.5 hours. If your ability takes that long to recharge, it’s your own fault, and that handicap doesn’t let you effortlessly disintegrate people at the same power level as you.

Generally, it’ll try to disintegrate objects containing souls outright, since whatever has a soul is animate in a way, even if not alive.

I’m pretty sure I’ve said somewhere already that the definition of “alive” here is the containment of a soul. Golems and zombies and such are technically alive, and a soul-containing zombie is completely different from a magically reanimated but soulless corpse.

If you wish to nerf it into oblivion, I can’t really do anything but shrug.

If by “nerfing into oblivion”, you mean “balancing so that you can’t instantly kill the final boss with no effort”, then yes, everything will be nerfed into oblivion.

If it can’t affect solids, then it’s highly useless.

Knoob already explained this. If you want to pull heat out of an object, you touch its surface and pull heat out from there. If the inability to totally ignore armor and magical defenses makes the ability useless to you, then too bad. My golden rule will not be violated; no defense can be totally ignored.

Anystep will be used mostly to walk on perfectly mundane air. It does not interfere with enemies in any way, it does not meet resistance, and I get to be able to essentially fly, so I achieve what I wanted to achieve.

That’s what you claim, but who knows what you’re planning. I haven’t forgotten and will not forget about Lucinda.

Is there a gamma ray equivalent in your world? I’d like to fire those as an advanced ability if there was a way to do so.

That’d just be light that contains more energy. Also, you can’t have an ability that propagates at the speed of light, as the presence of magic and capability to inflict damage slows it down. You don’t have nearly enough energy to propel things at the speed of light.

Originally posted by Pulsaris:

No, it isn’t. Your power level is the same as all other player characters except mine. Given any two abilities, most of the time they’ll be of the same effectiveness if they’re at the same power level. Your spells and abilities deal a similar amount of damage as Minnakht’s and everyone else’s except mine. Of course it depends on factors like determination and mental state and effort and the amount of energy you put in, but on average they’re the same.

Then again, that’s because my character can only heal wounds and has little defensive capacity.

You can continuously heal yourself from the damage over time that Nihil’s Unseen Light deals, keeping it at bay for an extremely long time if you have enough energy. Well, probably not that long of a time, considering that you’re at similar power levels, but it shouldn’t be impossible for you to find a debuff remover before the debuff kills you.

Flag Post

Your power level is the same as all other player characters except mine.

Do any of us hold a candle even to your character? Or Christopher the ever reincarnating demon lord?

Your spells and abilities deal the same amount of damage as Minnakht’s and everyone else’s except mine.

WOW. Considering my 1 offensive ability (Not counting things like claws and teeth), it must be pretty good (Although I guess it kinda maxes out when surviving a 7<x<10 Km fall)!

Flag Post

Do any of us hold a candle even to your character? Or Christopher the ever reincarnating demon lord?

Suffice to say that if not for the help of all the player characters, my characters have no chance whatsoever against the final boss. My usual principle is that my characters can defeat any single player character in fair combat, but not so much if it’s many of you against me.

WOW. Considering my 1 offensive ability (Not counting things like claws and teeth), it must be pretty good (Although I guess it kinda maxes out when surviving a 7<x<10 Km fall)!

I kind of have to do that to preserve any semblance of game balance. Even if all you have are physical attacks, you basically have things like super strength and super toughness if your power level is high enough. If you’ve read Bleach, you’d know about Zaraki Kenpachi, one of the strongest characters in the series, with no special abilities whatsoever other than ordinary physical attacks.