House of Madness Extravaganza (H.O.M.E) - (Part 2) Round 3 Start page 9

216 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by abidcool:

Abidcool

Hello my little guinea pigs, how are you guys doing? Good? Well? Happy? Well lets change that >:P. I’m sure you guys are pretty swell with each other, got to know each other, having a little chit-chat or what not. Well lets group you into teams shall we? Now bare with me, i did a super ultra complex formula in order to make fair teams so using my mathmatical genius the teams will be shown below. (and as an added bonus i will show all my hard work on how to get it into a fair team :D).

Theres the teams but now for the challenge!

I want to play a game… Na im kidding thats Jigsaw’s thing. Speaking about jigsaw, we were watching telly together at his house and we happened to go on a game show. A game where contestants must pick a random ball out of the selection of 15 in order to earn points for their so-called “team”. But be warned, not all balls are well lets say “good”. Four balls out of the fifteen will be a “LOL U FAIL BRAH” balls, if you pick one of those balls then your current score will be halved.

Example
Random pineapple #1 picks ball 1,5,7,15,14,2

Score for that combination: 5(1)10(5)25(7)/2(15)2(14)10(2)=32

Random pineapple #2 picks ball 2,14,1,5,7,15

Score for that combination: 10(2)2(14)5(1)10(5)25(7)/2(15) = 26

As you can see pineapple #2 has a lower score than #1 even though they picked the same balls. So the order of the balls is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT so chose wisely.

So the teams will be shown down below if you cannot see my picture clearly, but both members must agree to the proposed combination in order for me to accept their combination. If one member of your team did not then the member who has posted the combination will have his go through automatically. If no one of the particular team pick a combination at all then i will simply have to random generate their combination. Combinations must be posted on this thread will both members saying that they accept the combination in some manner of form. However, once a combination has been confirmed it cannot be changed so choose wisely. I will be revealing the scores of those combinations confirmed by me after the deadline and will be also revealing the second half of this challenge.

Well we leave it at that for the moment. As you can see i haven’t placed a lose condition yet. It’s a surprise DUH! I will be revealing it soon enough.

Oh by the way the challenge will be named Fragile Alliance i will let you guys work it out why this round is called this.

Round 3 – Fragile Alliance Part 1

Lose Condition:- ?

Deadline:- Saturday 10 November at 9pm GMT

Teams – Louweed and ilovekirby12
Djrockstar and DragonArcherZ
Jaskaran2000 and puzzledan
AdeebNafees and Waterserpent

Now run along my little prettys.

Abidcool
Mad Scientist Extraodinare

Quoted to save hassles of changing pages etc. etc.

Flag Post

abid i send pm to check people are active and haven’t forgot about this

Flag Post

confusing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

confusing?

what so confusing about it?

All you have to do with you partner is to agree on what balls to pick from one to fifteen. Post it on the thread and your partner say i agree with dis.

Flag Post

How many balls?

Flag Post

Why puzzledan

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

How many balls?

5 balls

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Why puzzledan

It’s how the cookie crumbles.

Flag Post

Whats wrong with me Jask your should consider yourself lucky to have me

Flag Post

Well, if ilovekirby12 agrees, I say we go with:

Flag Post

Jask any ideas for number I was thinking 6 2 10 8 4

Flag Post
Originally posted by puzzledan:

Whats wrong with me Jask your should consider yourself lucky to have me

LUCKY? SRSLY

Originally posted by puzzledan:

Jask any ideas for number I was thinking 6 2 10 8 4

Flag Post

If Adeeb agrees, we’ll go with 2,12,5,14,9

Flag Post

Round 3 is now officially over, no more combinations will be accepted after this post. I will reveal the score and the second half of the tournament tomorrow.

Flag Post

Abidcool

Ok it is now time for the results, i can see that some people have made an effort in writing down a combination so lets check out the results >:P

Results

Louweed and ilovekirby12

Combination chosen: 11,12,13,14,15

Score: 20, /2, 50, 25, 1 = 86

Jaskaran2000 and puzzledan

Combination chosen: 6, 2, 10, 8, 4 (puzzledan won coin toss)

Score: 15, 20, /2, 69, 5 = 92 (rounded up)

AdeebNafees and Waterserpent

Combination chosen: 2, 12, 5, 14, 9

Score: 20, /2, 10, 25, 100 = 145

DragonArcherZ and djrockstar

Combination chosen: 2, 14, 13, 7, 4 (random generated combination)

Score: 20, 25, 50, /2, 5 = 53 (rounded up)

So there we are folks, the first half of this devious challenge, the points that you might get is in bold for each team. Notice how i said potential, as this is the house of madness we cannot let you guys gobble these points so easily so here is whatcha gonna do. In each pair, they must make a decision on what to do with all those lovely points :P. So you guys have three choices.

Your first choice is SPLIT. If both players chooses this option then they will simply split the score 50:50. Simples

Now here is where things now gets a bit more…. interesting >:D

Your second choice is STEAL. If one player chooses to steal and the other player chooses to split. The guy who chose steal will hijack all those lovely points leaving their partner…. pointless. Of course you cannot steal from another thief, if you do so then both of you will leave with absolutely NOTHING!

Your third and final choice (my personal favourite) is KILL. This choices allows contestants to eliminate each other >:P. However! you can only kill them thieving bastards who is trying to steal your points (i.e people who chooses STEAL as their choice). He/she will kill his partner and then leaves with only 1/4 of the potential jackpot. However, if you try to kill an innocent person (those who chooses SPLIT) will simply fail and gets nothing while their partner gets their half of the jackpot. Same principles apply with two people chosing KILL, they both get NOTHING!.

So talk, discuss with your so-called partners. But be warned, its a dog eat dog world out there.

I want contestants to PM me their chosen choices and once they have chosen, that’s it, there is no going back. So choose wisely.

Deadline: Friday 16th November at 9PM GMT

Abidcool
Mad Scientist Extraodinare

Flag Post

ROUND 3 (Part 2) has officially started

Flag Post

Bump so people don’t forget