[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

669 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock.

Signup thread is here. Please try to keep out-of-character discussions in the signup thread rather than here.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Vinyl
I am chasing a bunny around with my sword, “Get over here! I just wanna eat you, is that so bad?” I shout as I keep on chasing the little white animal.

Flag Post

[Zipacna]

I stand atop a cliff in the undersphere, looking down over the land below. I think to myself: “I tire of this place, I need something more interesting to do”.
I notice several large scorpion-like beasts fighting over a piece of meat. I think to myself: “Hmm… that gives me an idea, that could be fun to watch” I begin to laugh in a deep and evil sounding voice.

Flag Post

{Dawn} Magi of the Shadows

I stretched out my arms with a yawn as I awake in the inn. It was only a six hour rest, but that was common for me. I rarely slept, studying every moment I had. I grabbed my book bag and shifter studies notebook/book. After cleaning up the room and double-checking my stuff, I opened my room door and jumped four stairs at a time down the staircase to the front desk. I placed my key down, met eyes with the lady, and left. I didn’t have time to exchange casualties. I had things to learn, things to see, and things to do. First on my list was to go to Utopia. I had heard rumors of dark magic there, which is right up my alley since I’m learning how to control shadows. Besides, I could finally find some real hints and trails to that…Man. If only she could find a mythology book or village of people that explained a clan or family with sun tattoos.

I opened up the shifter studies and read over it. Most of the notes were copied from books and auto-biographies. The notebook had a ton of information on shifters. I had to learn about them first, so learning about beasts would be easy. It just confused Dawn, though. How could someone hate being Magus enough to cast a spell and change yourself? Once or twice might be fun, or experimental. But some just kept doing it and became known as shifters, while some didn’t change back and became beasts.

As I saw the man with a horse, I couldn’t help but smile. I’d always wanted to ride one, of course. Besides, it would be faster transportation to Utopia’s center. I walked up to the man with a smile on my face. “Are you, perhaps, letting Magi have rides?” The man looked at her like she was joke, then looked at the horse, which seemed to nod.

“Okay,” he replied. I jumped on, and asked the man if I could go to the Utopian Coffee Cafe near the center-ish of Utopia. He nodded, so I yipped the horse. It galloped to the Coffee Cafe, and, even though it only took six minutes, I offered the grass outside to the horse. A few words were whispered and it changed into a human.

“No thanks,” the man said, gesturing to his stomach. “I had a burger earlier.”

I felt rage build within me. That wasn’t mentioned! If I’d known a twenty-eight year old man was that horse, I would’ve skipped here. “You pig,” I spat. The man held up a shrug and explained that I was the one who asked for the ride. “I didn’t know you were a stupid boy, I spat. The man seemed angry, but two could play at that game. He seemed about to use a spell on me, so I uttered a few words of my own. I moved my hand shakily and the shadow of the shop moved towards the man and rose above him, blocking the sun from the man, slightly. He shook on his spot and ran. I released the shadows and smiled. “Oh, shadows, how you help me so,” I started to walk inside to order a coffee. As I got into a long line, I wrote in my notebook about how disgusting some shifters can be.

{ Ugh, post feels short. D: }
{ I edited the post the first two paragraphs to this. ;) I feels happy. }
{ Zzzip50’s post below (quote) is proof of the first, original post that was oh so short. }
{ Ugh, I keep changing person-views. I had to edit out some of my ’she’s’. XD }

Flag Post

The Faceless Man
UtOpiAAA
A PerFECt LaND, ThEy SaY
lIArS
ShiFTeRs aNd BeAsTs ARe disGUsTiNG
UtOPIa MuSt BE deSTrOyEd
OnLY mAgI mUsT LiVe

I look out the cottage window and stare at the giant floating city around me in disgust. How can Magi live in harmony with the Shifters and Beasts that live there? The impure creatures cannot be allowed to exist. The balance must be restored.
This Utopia must be destroyed. Perhaps even the Magi within should be killed for intermixing with the impure creatures. But the Utopia cannot be brought down alone. I will search for powerful Magi willing to aid me inside the city. The Utopia’s destruction is the first step to the great restoration.
I walk outside, staying in the shadows. I don’t wish to cause panic yet or draw a scene. That shall come later. I blink around the city, staying in the alleys, and walk by one of the city Coffee shops. Coffee, a disgusting drink for those with weak mind and body.
I prepare to blink away when something catches my eye. A young female Magus, some would call her pretty. I do not care for such things. She was riding on the back of a Shifter.. The mere thought of a Shifter and Magus touching fills me with rage. It fills her with rage too once it is revealed. She uses Black Magic to scare him off. I can see the hate in her eyes, the coldness and evil. I can train her to help me.
Train her in the ways of the Black Magic.
Train her to hate.
ThE BlACk ShALl CoNsUmE hEr
I wIlL HeLP heR KiLL tHe SHIfTerS aND BeaSTs
UtOPiAA wIlL bE DeSTrOyEddd

I wait in the alley of the coffee shop for her to come outside.

Flag Post

[Zipacna]

I step away from the edge of the cliff and create a gateway leading to a forest in the worldsphere. I then step through the gateway, once I had made it all the way through I close the gateway behind me. I then take to the sky in order to search for a nearby village, after awhile of searching I have finally found one.

I notice some farmland surrounding the village, it is too far from the village to see me if I go down there, perfect. I descend down to a farm and see a single farmer with low enough willpower for me to posses. when I land the farmer trys to run away but I wrap my tail around his leg and begin dragging him towards me. As I am dragging him closer he uses some fire magic against me, but with his low magic skill and my fire resistance it doesn’t do anything. when he gets close enough to me I grab him with my hands and posses him. As I am possessing him I appear to get smaller and smaller while appearing to get absorbed into him. I successfully posses him.

Once I have possessed him I head strait to the village. as soon as I get to the village I go to the center of the village. when I get there I look around and think to myself: “This place will do nicely, very nicely.” I then try to find an alleyway where no one can see me. when I find one I create a gateway to the cliff I was just at in the undersphere. I then enter the gateway, after I made it all the way through I close the gateway behind me.

Flag Post

I put my notebook away as it was my turn. I asked for the hot chocolate since I was still asleep. I yawned as I handed the young man the four dollars and walked over to the waiting area, yawning again. I was really wanting coffee, but I needed something warm to wake me up. I grabbed the hot chocolate as it came, and left, taking a sip. It seemed to be a good morning, at least, it was now. One bad, two good. I was at Utopia and I just scored some hot chocolate. With delight, I held the door open for the couple leaving right behind me. They thanked me, and I smiled. I thought I could see a tail on the man, like he was a shifter, but it could’ve been my imagination. He seemed like a nice guy. Shifters acted differently person-to-person, so I couldn’t judge the whole race. However, if most of them were bad people, I could defeat those guys and keep the good ones. It wouldn’t be awful, but…

I noticed someone lingering by the coffee shop. I could sense a body in the shadows. I turned quickly, but saw nothing. “Show yourself,” I said bravely, more brave then how I felt. I could’ve added a threat, but the body didn’t seem to be a beast, or even mean any harm. Well, to me. I could sense something dark about the man. It clicked in my head that the shadows wanted me to be a bad guy, it was obvious. They enveloped me that frightful night … and I knew this man wasn’t a ‘good guy.’ I didn’t hate all beasts and shifters, but so many were bad. But, how did this… well, whoever this is or could be think about them. I mean, did he see the whole horse scene?

{I keep changing past-present tense and then editing to fix them. I’m too used to second person so I screw up. D:}
{I dunno if I should be a good guy or bad guy; I have healing spells. D: How will this play out when Utopia falls.}

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
He’s looking at me. I can tell by his posture – apparently unconcerned, but I’m sure he’s a bit too close to me for comfort. One stool’s length away is likely to do that. I don’t understand why he wants to be so near me. Possibly something to do with the breasts I now have that possibly weren’t there a couple of minutes ago after I lost focus on… something, or other. I could build him a statuette, though. That’d shut him up. Ohyes. Yes it would.
I giggle quietly for no good reason. The man notices, even if nobody else does. Now where was I… oh, right, discussing to myself why he wasn’t looking at me earlier. Maybe he is looking at me, and I’m just not being paranoid enough… hang on. No, that’s… um…
…never mind. The point is, I need to freak him out enough to get rid of him. I could make a tongue come out of my hand to do that, maybe hand-lick some part of his body that he doesn’t usually get licked. Is he a virgin? He might be a virgin. I could take his hand-mouth virginity. That would no no no no no it wouldn’t do at all. Still, the hand-mouth thing is a good idea. At a later date in time. Maybe if I concentrate enough… is he still looking? Yes. Good. Glances. I can catch him off guard, then…
My chest gets noticeably bigger. Being that he’s still the only one to notice, he sprays the mouthful of coffee he had on to his lap, drawing more attention to himself. Yes, that’s right, stop the stares from coming at me. I can feel everyone staring. It pisses me off, that they’d stare at an innocent woman so perversely. No, I… uh.
This is getting awkward. I allow a sudden sequence of loud, almost laugh-like breaths to escape my mouth, then down the rest of my orange squash and stand up to leave.

[ Let’s assume this is the same coffee shop as Dawn is in, and see where this goes. Never mind, I may have something else to be done. Also, there’s totally more than one city making up the Utopian stuff, from what I read out of the Faction informationary thing.]

Flag Post

Nihil

I am sitting in a wagon, traveling through cities. Behind me is 100 bars of Wootz steel, which I am asked to transport. Behind the steel is a stash of coal. With the wagon given by my delivery company, I can buy goods at a low price and sell them at a high price in other cities. I am heading to a city of blacksmiths, where coal is always not enough.

Well, using my company’s wagon to carry my own goods isn’t a good practice, but the company just loves me, because I can travel 24 hours a day. As a shifter, an animated gem, my stamina is better than many people, and I can project light to the front to see the road. There is no delivery man better than me.

The night is near and I am halfway through my journey, and I morph into an animated gem. Only in my true form can I project light to the front. Normally, I can’t move in my true form, but the wagon can carry me. Suddenly, when I am traveling through a shortcut, some robbers come out.

The robbers shout, “halt!”

They have crossbows and magics, but they have chosen the wrong target, especially when I have 100 bars of Wootz steel in my wagon. Fireballs are incoming, but I shoot them down with ball lightnings. Another strafe of ball lightnings hit the robbers, but some refuse to go down with their magical barriers. Well then, I guess I have to use magnetic powers.

20 bars of steel penetrates through the skulls of the robbers. Too easy for me, I guess.

I go through the shortcut, and the portal hub is in front of me.

Flag Post

Tarn
“You can’t win this.” Skarr mocks. I refrain from getting into one of our tiresome argument, now wasn’t the time, I had a snake woman coiled around me. “How didn’t you see her, I seen her and now I’m glad I didn’t warn you” he says with a laugh. A beast with the upper body of a woman and a serpentine lower body was apparently great at camouflage because even my sharp hunter eyes couldn’t sense her until it was too late, she struck before I could brandish a weapon. She hadn’t caught me completely by surprise though, my hand was tightly clenched around her neck while my other one miraculously fought off constriction. My enhanced strength is the only reason I’m alive, any weaker man would be coughing up blood as his ribcage was crushed and lungs deprived of air. Her arms were much shorter than mine, I was able to keep her vicious claws from tearing out my eyes, for some reason she didn’t think of going for my arm. My arms tremble as they barely overpower her, I feel as if my strength would break at any moment and with that my life. Fortunately, I could feel her weaken as my hand choked her. When her grip finally gave up I threw her on the ground, she rolled over and attempted to scurry away but my foot stomped on her back. I heard a crack and a shriek , I guess I broke something valuable. She attempted to escape again but my foot had her immobilized. My left hand claws into her scalp and find grip in her hair, I yank her face up towards mine.

I stand there glaring at her for a second, lost in some rage that has become very common with me over the years. I’m not sure whether it’s the pain, the fact she is being bested or perhaps it is my homicidal glare and psychotic snarl, maybe it’s a mix of all three. I raise my other hand and start feeding her vicious punches, ignoring all the pain as my barrage continued and more of her features were left ravaged. I dropped my grip and she slowly slinks to the ground, she weakly tries to escape but she may be just trying to fight off unconsciousness. I grabbed her by the hair again, this time I was going to do her a favour. I raised her head to waist level and drew an axe from my back, beheading her in one motion. I just stand there, observing the brutality I just caused. “Not bad, but I could have saved us a lot of time.” Skarr mocks. I let out a long sigh and collapse into a nearby tree, my adrenaline rush was wearing off and the fatigue of the battle was catching up. “Get up! I’m not standing around waiting in this forest all day! It’s boring” Skarr says. “Shut up, dog! I fail to see what was so boring about that.” I reply.
“What was so boring was watching your weak ass almost get crushed by some snake bitch, I had my hopes up, I wanted to see your weak human body break.” I let out another sigh, it was bad enough that I couldn’t control my powers, but I had to listen to this ass constantly, he was worse than a very annoying sibling.
[I’d recommend not interacting with me, I’m going somewhere for the weekend and I won’t be able to respond.]

Flag Post

The Faceless Man
I walk out of the shadows, revealing myself to Dawn. Of course, she can’t see my face. No one can.
HeLLoOo I say, the words distorted and twisted as they always are.
i Am ThE fACeLEEss MaNNN
I get inside of her mind, testing her mental strength and agility. The shock of the attack and my mental strength gives me her name before she can respond.
DaWNN
JoIN mE

I blink, dissapearing and then appearing not centimeters away from her face.
YoU HAtE tHE sHIFteRS
BeAStss ToO
cORReCt

I do not wait for a response. I don’t need one.
I blink a few yards away, behind her, to the coffee shop window. There are bars on it.
My hand grabs the bar, glows pure black, and I rip the bar off the window and snap it in half with my hand.
I throw the broken bar on the ground and look at Dawn.
WoULd YoU LiKE tO KnOWWW hOW tO Do ThATTT
i CaN tEAcH YOu

I walk up to Dawn, pulling the shadows around me upwards to make everything around me appear coated in shadow.
I CaN tEAcH yOU tO mAKe tHe ShADoWs YoUr SlAvE
JoIN mE DaWN
HeLP mE dEStROy UtOPiAAA aND tHe IMpUrE CrEAtUREs
ToGEtHEr

Flag Post

I shrugged to the shadows. I guess nothing was really there. Perhaps the shadows were pulling a trick on me. Of course, I hadn’t learned all their secrets. They taught me what they wanted to. If only they’d teach me how to do turn others’ shadows into my own puppets. But, alas, the Shadows only show what they deem fit. I clutched my book tighter and continued to the center of Utopia. The Shadows seemed to be too easy to control. I was used to having to fight them a little; they always made sure I worked for their power. They blocked out the light, but never let me use them to the full extent like the light magic would’ve. Nevertheless, I always used the shadows when needed, but now, now they seemed to not fight me. Like something bad was going to happen. Something tragic. Although, nothing ever seemed perfect to me; something bad was always going to happen when something good began. Just like me and my family

I frowned as I /sorta/ saw a man. He seemed to dabble in the shadow arts, but he didn’t seem disturbed. Like he had a /temporary/ leash. The Shadows seemed to fight him, but to no prevail. I frowned. This man seemed like the shadows; wanting to make someone believe the same. Of course, a voice at the back of my head told me shifters and beasts were Impure, and Impurities needed to be removed. However, my regular self disagreed and said some are good and deserve to live.

“Look,” I started, my hands up with gestures. “I appreciate your offer and all, but, I work with the Shadows, and I would never destroy such a wonder place of wisdom. Why should Utopia and Impurities be destroyed, when they’ve done nothing wrong as a city, and a race?”

I didn’t want to fight, but this Man couldn’t just go. What if he destroyed Utopia? I had studies! This couldn’t happen. “You know, you should consider just being a regular ol’ guy and just continue with your days. If you try to destroy Utopia, I’ll have to stop you.”

I got into a defensive fighting stance. I tried looking at his face so I could remember it, but the more I focused, the more disoriented it got. It was impossible to see.

Flag Post

[Stop arguing here and delete all OOC posts, please. Do it in the signup thread if you have to.]

Flag Post

[When the OOC argument between Sierrasama and Firespread is taken care of, I’ll pop into the shop and interact with them a little.]

Cogito Ergo Sum
The two shifters face me, false human forms over their impure bodies.
“We… we’re humans-”
I do not bother responding. I saw them change with my own eyes a few minutes ago. Instead, I raise a hand, and shadows fly out. The man dodges with inhuman speed, and the shadows dig into his shoulder. He grows.
“You asked for it, mortal!” the other spits.
As one, they both attack, both as gigantic dire wolves. Claws rake my shirt and teeth snap at my neck. I place my hand on a wolf’s neck. It howls and crumples, causing the other wolf to look at it in confusion. Taking advantage of the opportunity, I summon a swollen hammer of Omniforce and slam it into the distracted wolf’s skull.
Both wolves lie unconscious on the cold stone floor. The rest was easy. A little knife made of Omniforce springs into my hand, and both their throats are slit.
I walk away, the knife disappearing. No challenge, I thought. No challenge at all.

Flag Post

The Faceless Man
BuT THeY hAVe DoNE WrONg
WhO Do YOu ThInK dEsTrOyED tHE sPheRE
ThIS WoRLd wAs PerFECt bEfOrE thE sHIftErS aNd BeASts cAme

The Impurities must be removed. No one is going to stand in my way. If Dawn shall refuse to see the fact that it was the Beasts and the Shifters that caused the fall of the worldsphere, then so be it. But I shall not be bewitched by that. A thousand years ago, the world lived in harmony.
Then came the Beasts and the Shifters.
The world is in shambles now. This damn place is a mockery of the world, letting the ones that destroyed this place live in harmony with the only pure beings left.

ThE ShIFTeRs aND BeASts MUsT PaY FOr wHaT ThEy HAvE DoNe
UtOpiAAA MuST PAy aS wElL
ThE fAlL oF THe WoRldSPHeRe Is tHEiR FaULt
HoW CAn YoU BE WiLlInG tO DiE fOr THe ImPUrE CrEAtUrEs

I don’t know what’s more revolting.
The Shifters and the Beasts, who ended the harmonious world of legend, or the fact that pure Magi are willing to die to defend them.

I dOnTTT HaVe tO KiLL yOu DaWN
ReCoNsIDeR

I blink, appearing on the other side of Dawn.
ThInK aBOuT tHIs

Flag Post

Amintah

“Are you following me?” the vampire remarks, suddenly coming to a halt, “Because if you are, I’m ready to rip you to pieces right—”
“Look, I’m not here to start a fight,” I interrupt her, already starting to get annoyed at such hastiness.
She seemed surprised, but who could blame her; there weren’t a lot of friendlies in the area. “I’m sure you remember Nyn, my aunt.”
“Yes, she was a close ally of mine… It was too bad she died.”
“It sure was. Listen, I have a proposition for you. I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors about my bloodline, and up until now I really wasn’t interested in what the past held for me, but that’s changed. If I can start a small army, and slowly—”
Suddenly, a shadow about twice my size covered me entirely. Intuitively, I spring up into the air as I do a 180 to face the threat.
“Relax, he’s with me,” she adds.
The werewolf smiles, but the gesture isn’t as reassuring as he would have hoped. He had a face only a mother could love, but I was sure these two had a more serious relationship.
“Okay then… Tabitha, may I contact you at a later time?”
She looks at her companion, then nods. I figure out what she’s thinking before she’s able to speak.
“I’m Amintah by the way, but call me Amie. It’s odd my aunt didn’t mention me around you, she was always the talkative type. Regardless, I’ll stop by the area in the very near future, it was a pleasure meeting the both of you.”
I knew just by their expressions they were holding something back, but I ignored it and took flight. If trouble was stirring, it sure as hell wouldn’t catch me off-guard.

Flag Post

{ Dawn } Magi of the Shadows

I heard the Faceless man, but I did not listen. I wouldn’t be manipulated again; my light magic was taken away, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be forced into taking life away from someone else. “You can’t judge a whole race based on one decision, or one person. I’ll admit, some are evil. However, some are nice. Innocent. Who are you to play God and decide right and wrong?” I was just angry now. The Shadows tempted me, but I didn’t need them. I had fists. And Feet. And Shadow Weapons. Well, I guess that was part of the Shadows, but…

“You can’t just decide they are all impure! What if some were forced, or experimenting? Don’t blame them. They were us once. Besides, you don’t seem completely human yourself!” I couldn’t believe the words coming out of this guy’s mouth. “How did that couple that came out of the coffee shop cause the Worldsphere to fall? I will kill narrow-minded people.”
I got ready to summon my shadow kunai at a seconds notice.

Flag Post

Cogito Ergo Sum
Stretching my arms, I saunter into my favorite coffee shop. Another Magi, with shadows swirling around him, was talking to himself.
“Do you know you’re talking to yourself?” I ask.

[The Magi with shadows swirling around him is Dawn. HE looks like he’s talking to himself because I can’t look at the Faceless Man.]

Flag Post

[The Magi with shadows swirling around him is Dawn. HE looks like he’s talking to himself because I can’t look at the Faceless Man.]

{Wut?}
{We both has shadows.}
{Are you saying I look like shadows and the Faceless Man seems to be talking to himself, or vice versa?}

Flag Post

The Faceless Man
I laugh, a deep, distorted laugh that pierces right through you.
I DoNT NeeD tO PlAY GoD
ANy FoOl cAn sEE tHE ImPuRE CrEaTURes MuST bE KiLleD
NoNE WErE FoRcED
ExPERiMeNtS cAN Be ReVERsEd
ThEy DeSTRoYeD THe SpHErE bY ThEir OwN cHOiCe

I stare directly at Dawn.

I Am A WAtChEr
I UNdO wHAt WAs WrONgEd
THe bEaSTs aNd ShiFTErS MuST Be UnDoNE
dO NOt bE FoOlEd By HoW ThEY AcT iN UToPiA
ThAT CoUplE WoUlD KiLL YoU wIThOuT A sECoUnD tHoUghT
MaGUs mUsT StAY TogETHeR
StOp ProTEcTiNg THeM
ThEY KiLleD tHiS wORlD
FoR tHaT ThEY MuST diE
NoT ONe iS InNoCeNTTT

I swerve my head to stare directly at Cogito. I put a simple message in his mind.
LoOK HaRDeR

(The Faceless Man isn’t necessarily evil. This isn’t a black-and-white choice, as the Shifters and Beasts weren’t forced or experimenting, but choose to become what they were, and then went on to essentially topple the world into a pile of rubble. No one stayed innocent in that, and claiming that literally anyone is innocent (Including Magus) is a lie. However, protecting them isn’t necessarily wrong either. It’s pretty much a gray zone – The world may only be safe again to rebuild when the Shifters and Beasts are gone, but is it worth killing millions for it?)

Flag Post

Cogito Ergo Sum
I force myself to stare into the eyes of the man who has escaped my notice until now.

“Who are you, and why do I find it difficult to look at you directly? Are you a Magus?”

[]
[]

Flag Post

{ Dawn } Magi of the Shadows

“Well, actually,” I began explaining to Cogito, taking a step forward. “He seems to be, but he hates shifters and beasts and finds them impure. I don’t know how to convince them of their innocence. Help me?” I pleaded with my eyes. My shifter notebook fell from my hands at that moment, and I snatched it back quickly. “He seems stuck and destruction.”

Flag Post

The Faceless Man
ThE ImPuRe CrEaTuReS mUst bE DeSTrOyED
uToPiAAA aS wElL
SoMe mAgI ArOuunD MuST ReALIzE tHaT

Flag Post

Cogito Ergo Sum
Instantly, a purple blade of Omniforce springs into my hand. “You believe they are innocent?” I say incredulously. “Then you are a traitor, unworthy of bearing the name of Magus.”

I swipe with the blade, at the same time reaching out to touch the girl. The moment my skin makes contact with hers, I can send a shockwave of mental energy to knock her out. The Soul Touch.