[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 12

669 posts

Flag Post

Vinyl
I’m about to answer Pale Fang’s question when I see- What the fuck is that thing! Holy shit! “There is no way that is a good guy.” I say, before I could add anything else, my vision blurs, however my impaired vision didn’t stop me from figuring out that, that thing was going to attack. I jump on top of Lavender, bringing Pale Fang down with me, while putting my armor on. Once all three of us are on the ground, I surround us with magical shards, putting as much magic into it as I can.

 
Flag Post

Coal

A general in an army huh? I’m in but only if I get minions. I’ve always wanted minions.

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

The shards seem sturdy enough. While they are up, I enter my Reaper form again. My claws are ready to strike away whatever is a threat. My voice has that rumble to it like a motorcycle engine.

…Someone’s on their period and it’s not me, Vinyl. This should help since I’m good for offensive use mainly…

My left hand grabs Vinyl’s right wrist as a glowing red glyph appears directly where he stands while a white glyph appears directly where I stand.

…This spell should help you, Vinyl. It’s a binding spell. I’ve strengthened your spells at a cost of weakening your natural abilities to compensate. I can do it the other way around as well. Make use of your extra power and fortify these shards to a whole new level of defense while the spell is still active on you…

 
Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

Aaaagh, it’s so cold… Even as I try to escape, the blood red ice seems to cling to me like some sort of glue. Shuddering, I infuse myself with white light again, and make the surface of the ice-covered portions of my body as frictionless as possible, and turn it liquid. With that I finally escape, but the chill still clings to me, seemingly seeping into my very bones; only surges of healing energy within myself successfully keep me moving.

That man, Vinyl, has created magical armor to protect himself and large shards of magical crystal to cover Lavender, Pale Fang, and himself. Charging up energy again, I hurl a bolt of bright white energy at him, enhancing the raw strength of both his armor and the crystals, causing them to glow a white light from within. Just before a searing torrent of sanguine flames is spat out of another of the creature’s mouths at me. Only a small part of it grazes me when I dash away just in time, but it still very painfully burns.

Um… Guys? I reach out with telepathy toward everyone in the vicinity, and say in a weak, panicky voice. Any plans…?! Deceiving myself is useless. That colossal monster is terrifying, and we all know it. My mind reaches out further, trying to touch the thoughts of any sentient creature that may be nearby. Then I cry out with desperation. Please, anyone! HELP!

 
Flag Post

Vinyl
I nod as I strengthen the shards’s power. I try hard to remember the general direction of the monster. “How strong do you think that thing is?”

[]

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

I hear Rosalyn’s thoughts and look at Vinyl for a moment.

…For an abomination of such size, I’d assume it can break this world with effort. Create an opening in the shards for Rosalyn to get through. I will get her attention after you’ve made an opening. I’m counting on you…

 
Flag Post

Nihil

I start to fly upward through the hole, then I realize my foolishness — the belt won’t propel me for even one minute. However, once I look down and see the surging magic power below, I think I have made the right decision.

I glance around, finding a rock that I can step on. “Three… two…”

“Phew!” I finally land on that rock. Then I start gathering the sunlight around.

 
Flag Post

Sophia

With much entertainment experienced, I return to the scene of the girl with multiple personality disorder, or mood swings, or whatever she has. And while changes in situation may have altered her state as to offer me further amusement, that is obviously not the actual reason that I return.

It wasn’t exactly difficult to notice from afar, the hulking mass of some surreal nightmare. Whatever artist painted such a monstrosity needs to be immediately sent to an asylum. And it’s not just the visuals that disturb me. Red showers of just about any lethal projectile shoot out in all directions from gaping holes in the blob, blasting noise and death throughout the region. I find myself observing the survivors attempting to protect themselves in the bombardment, but my attention is quickly diverted when I hear the telepathic call of a certain lunatic.

I would help…but it’s not like I could. It’s difficult enough for me to survive, and that’s considering the fact that I’m in a safe chasm, far away from the monster itself to decrease the danger. Ugh, such a wasted opportunity. At least I won’t leave here empty-handed. It’s almost a certainty that something will arise for me to use, and I’m interested to know the identity of this monster, who, judging by its sudden appearance, is probably a shifter.

 
Flag Post

Vinyl
“Pale Fang, if you have any gods, pray for me, ’cuz this is gonna be heroic.” I say taking a deep breath, as if it would be my final breath, although, it just could be. I open up the safe haven I have made via my shards and jump out of it towards Rosalyn [Hey, I just figured out that name is a combination of Rose and Lynn! How did it take me this long…]. I create a shard shield to block the monster’s attack, I roll towards Rosalyn and throw her towards the shard safe haven before- ACK! Something hits my arm, my armor stopped it from being serious, but it doesn’t stop it from hurting a bit. I create a wall of shards between the monster’s attacks and me and jump back into the shard safe haven. My vision blurs and I shake my head, but my vision keeps on blurring in and out for a couple more seconds. I close the opening and look at the others, “We need a plan,” I remove my armor, and check my arm, it’s not injured but it does hurt a bit. “A good one.”

[]

 
Flag Post

Hey, I just figured out that name is a combination of Rose and Lynn! How did it take me this long…

[Her merged personality will be called Sally. But then again, you should’ve seen that in Darkspell already.]

The Voices of Destruction

CRUSH! REND! SUNDER! MUTILATE! GRAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The voices attempt to speak, but what come out of their misshapen draconic throats are nothing more than incomprehensible, ear-grating shrieks and roars. The whole creature writhes and twists, in several directions at once as if controlled by multiple conflicting personas, each more murderous and insane than the last. It seems that keeping itself aloft is too much given the severity of its internal struggles; the whole several thousand tons of the creature drops to the ground, sending out a huge wave of stone and dirt in all directions. Appendages break during the impact, but some of them begin to slowly heal while others are simply reabsorbed into the creature’s grotesquely morphing flesh.

Spiked tentacle-tails of the creature lash out, blindly striking at nowhere in particular, accomplishing nothing but turning up more chunks of the ruined earth. More mouths open, teeth gnaw, and blasts of deadly sanguine elemental energies are expelled from these monstrous jaws at random directions. In its all-consuming rage, the monster attacks with crushing power, but no control or even aiming whatsoever. One simply must hope that it is not caught in the creature’s haphazard barrages.

[What colors are Vinyl’s shards and armor anyways?]

[Whoever hiding behind rubble or in crevices should be turned up when the monster fell. Also, one of its red lightning beams is headed roughly toward Nihil’s direction.]

 
Flag Post

Sophia

The monster slams into the ground, completely reordering the texture of the land and collapsing several landforms. Unfortunately, those landforms happen to include the walls of my little chasm. I release all of the water held by my core, rising up and out of the chasm practically naked. And into the open storm I go, dodging the sanguine projectiles as efficiently as I can. And while I find that it’s not too difficult with my speed, I know that I can’t keep this up forever. Either that monster has to stop or I have to find some way to save myself. Preferably, that won’t involve retreat.

 
Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
‘Awesoooome.’ .
Shrieks and lasers and stuff start up before I can say anything else. They’re coming frommmmmmmuuuhhhhhh something that is exponentially scarier than this guy.
‘But first, we must initiate the escapay.’ .
With a narrow miss from a nearby beam of ice (which turned red for some reason), I grab the bullotaur and turn into a massive dragon with him in one claw. Then get one leg and my left side of me burned into pain by a fire beam. DON’T GIMME YOUR HOT HEAT, EXPONENTIALLY SCARIER SOMETHING. Did I say that out loud? It would have been epic if I had. I probably didn’t. Damn my non-speech at that critical moment. But anyway, I transform that part of me into super fire with scales under it in an effort to quench the fire’s fireness. Which it hopefully will, in a given time period. Cheapy-cheap minions can wait. I manage to drag the giant bullotaur into the air, flying away from (and simultaneously out of the paths of) the deadly, deudly weapon attacks and up towards the visible sky-hole.

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

…The flying behemoth has hit ground and is still raining hell on this land. That much we know just from looking and hearing. I assume that it needs a certain amount of power to stay airborne. Since it hit ground, we can assume that it either chose to land of its own will, if it even has that, or the wild attacks it has been executing drained its power to the point where even though it’s still immensely powerful, it cannot fly because it’s power will burn out too quickly and since it’s blindly attacking, that would mean there’s a constant leak in what contains the power itself before said power takes tangible form. Our solutions would be to either stay in here and hope that the attacks eventually cease, retreat from this position to another area of temporary safety, eliminate the threat at any cost or contain the threat and let it succumb to its own power by redirecting the attacks so that it harms itself mostly. As I mentioned before, I can’t do anything about defensive capabilities but my skill in combat and my intellect are what earned me the rank of Reaper among werewolves. I will tell you more about reapers later but for now, we have to think this through. Any ideas, Vinyl? Rose?…

 
Flag Post

[What colors are Vinyl’s shards and armor anyways?]

[please PLEASE, don’t make the lasers go through the crystals as if they were prisms, but knowing you…]

Adrian
And suddenly, I am being bounced out of my little cave thing. When I turn to see what happened, I see that the Moster had fallen onto the ground, where it now is less ranged. That is, until it sprouts tentacles and starts to pound the ground. It flattens the ground even more than it was, which is to say, it is making the flat ground flatter. A VERY scary thought.

I find myself confronted by a choice. I could attemp to get closer to the thing, to attemp to get into the Ice barrier thing, but it looks only strong enough for one hit, and itwill likely be hit. Again and again and again. The other option is to look around to find another hiding spot. I can’t see another hiding spot, but that doesn’t meean it isn’t there, right?

So, with the only real cover being offered, I run as fast as I can to the small ice sculpture, and arrive just after the wizard brings up a wall of ice infront of us and the monster. He screams “We need a plan.”

The lady-wolf says something about redirecting it energy. I respond “Redirection. Good idea, we’d just need something very fast and agile. Something small and meneuverable and brightly colored. Something…” I immediatly realize that I had just volunteered myself. “Fuck. Can anyone think of anything other than me going and trying to get it to kill itself? Or do I actually have to execute my beutiful idea?”

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

I am surprised by the agreement in redirection and stroke my chin.

…Glad to know someone agrees with me. Since I don’t know your name yet, I’ll just say to leave speed, size and maneuverability to me. What did you have in mind, regarding redirecting the creature’s power?…

 
Flag Post

Adrian
Okay, so the lady is now offering to make herself the target? “I really think that I would make a better runner than you, because we don’t really want size here. If I remember, you are a wolf. I am a cat, and I feel that I would have the ability to dod-” A giant tentacle slams down 5 feet from our shelter “Dodging, at least more than you do. And my plan was to pretty much climb the thing, and get it to hit itself.”
I am stupid. I just shot down an offer to not risk my life for the others in one of the most risky things on the planet.

 
Flag Post

Vinyl
I smile, “Hold up, hold up, if someone is going to do something awesome and dangerous, it’s gonna be me!” I say, pointing to myself. I create a small thin shard, “I got here by riding something like this, and then using magic to propel myself forward.” I some electricity shoots through my fingertips. I put my armor back on and create another shard, forming it into a shield, “And if I get hit, I’m not going down in the first shot, can you guys say you’d run around out there? I know I can.” My armor shimmers a little.

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

…Be careful, then, Vinyl. The binding spell only lasts for several minutes. I can’t hit the same target again until two hours of my previous casting on said target. I can cast on a different target but the individual already affected by the spell will immediately lose the spell’s effect if I target a different individual with the spell…

I turn back to the were-feline and continue.

…We should do what we can to keep Vinyl’s path clear. I’m Pale Fang. What’s your name?…

 
Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

“Wait!” I say. “If you want a decoy…” I turn myself into metal again, becoming silvery white from the neck down. “Um, I’m probably the one who can take the most hits, so…”

[Even though Rosalyn is now made of metal, her face still looks perfectly human. Author appeal, yes.]

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

I listen to Rose’s idea and stomp my foot for a moment…

…So, out of the five of us, Vinyl, the were-cat, and you are all capable of defensive tactics. Vinyl, give her body an extra coat. The binding spell’s effect should be wearing off soon. Not only that, we need to make it acknowledge that something is trying to kill it. By the time that happens, someone will have made contact or at least be in the near-immediate vicinity of the creature…

 
Flag Post

Adrian
GREAT. MORE VOLUNTEERS. "Ok, just so we are all absolutely clear, this probably has a 50% chance of failing, and the person getting killed BEFORE we do anything to it at all. So, we have the hardest to hit; me, one person who seems to think he can take a hit; Mr. Wizard, one “All-rounder”; Mrs. Wulfen, and one girl who is clearly overestimating her defensive…" I stop and look at Rosalyn, probably for the first time since she healed me. The dress and silvery sheen emphasised it. She was baeutiful. With a face and body like that, I couldn’t help but wonder why she had ever needed to learn to fight. I wished for a moment that she had still been wearing that outfit that she had worn when she was beating those trolls. Yet she wore not one scrap of armour. I stager on my scentance, but manage to recover with only a few seconds of pause, “Her defensive abilities. But fine, If you guys want to risk your lives to save me, go ahead. I only want one of yo to go though, an certainly not you.” I turn toward Rosalyn, “You have absolutely no armour, what makes you think you can take a hit?” Not just for the fact that I thought she would get killed, but also that at this point, I didn’t want her to die, she was just too beutiful. There was actually a third reason, although less important. I still had a wierd feeling, ever since that plasma mage did SOMETHING to me.

 
Flag Post

Vinyl
“Wait a tick, are you complaining about people risking their lives to protect you? You’re weird.” I say preparing a spell, I turn the thing board of shard and the shield into some armor, “Rosalyn, if your going to be the decoy, you can take this armor on top of yours, it will decrease your movement a little, but it should take an amount of shots before it breaks. The choice is yours, either way, I’ll be covering you from the ground.” I create a fire bolt, suddenly it turns blue. “Using this, I can dispel, or at least weaken any shots that come your way, don’t worry about me, my armor should take a good amount of shots if it decides it wants to attack me.” I am NOT doing nothing.

[]

 
Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

“Um…” I give my left arm a tap using my right finger. The sound produced is somewhat similar to that of a silver bell, something very clearly metallic. “I can shapeshift, so…” I turn myself into a blob of liquid metal before quickly reforming. “It really doesn’t hurt much at all if I get hit…” Well, it still hurts if I’m hit hard enough, which probably will happen given the monster’s ferocity, but they don’t need to know that…

[Sorry, not much time to write anything longer.]

 
Flag Post

Sophia

I can see the previous group of survivors clearly now, and would probably be able to focus more on them if I wasn’t in a life and death situation. What I see only makes me long to arrive more, for they stand and sit in a confined position, casting various spells but accomplishing nothing. Are they having some sort of conference or something in the middle of hell?

Tcch, if they don’t do anything, I’ll have to at least attempt something. After all, I haven’t even attempted to fire at the thing yet. Perhaps its not as invincible as it looks. Continuing my dance among the projectiles, I fire a thin, rapid shard of energy out of my core, aimed at the monster with a decent amount of power and configured to cause an explosion upon landing. If I at least see some sort of dent…

 
Flag Post

Pale Fang

…I’m seeing certain possibilities that we could play out. If Vinyl heads out there, he can use his magic to protect himself, or at least try to anyway. With the binding spell active, his defensive spells should be sturdier. If the were-cat heads out, his dodging will really be put to the test against massive tentacles and whatever else might be out there. If Rose heads out there with that form, not only could Vinyl give her a suit of armor from his magic but, if she wishes, I could take the binding spell off Vinyl and put it on her to either weaken all her spells to strengthen her abilities or the other way around. Since I think her amorphous shifting feature is an ability, weakening her spells to strengthen her abilities would be the best course of action…

I smile at Rose and give her a thumbs up.

…Looks like you’ve got one up on all of us with that form…