[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 14

669 posts

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
‘Hahahaha!’ I interject. ‘This guy! This gu-hi-hiy…’ .
I place an arm around the bull guy’s, uh, body, because I can’t reach his shoulders.
‘This guy right here? He is the ABSOLUTE BEST GENERAL EVER. He’s literally the general commander person in the army of the pretty lady, who is incredibly good at controlling minions. Them. They are. They. Yes. You might be a good general too, but only if you don’t get violently killed by an enemy. What’s this about killing some douchelord you mentioned?’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…A general, huh? This will definitely work. Hephirix, you saw that large mass out there that’s blindly laying waste to whatever it hits, right? That thing must go. I probably would make a good general. Not much is really known about Ancient Werewolves other than that they are advanced forms of werewolves, in a sense with powers and abilities that normal werewolves can’t obtain unless they become Ancient Werewolves. I will tell you how Ancient Werewolves earned the title of Reaper after we destroy that thing out there. My strong point is offensive tactics. Coal, if you like, I can administer a binding spell on you. It will weaken some of your abilities to strengthen others temporarily. (Either “Basic” abilities are weakened so that “Advanced” abilities are stronger or vice-versa, pertaining to Beasts.)

Flag Post

‘Uuuuuhhhhh sure okay yeah. I should do something to try and cold it out.’ .
I promptly begin dropping the temperature of the area around me, until icicles begin to form.
‘Will thems workses?’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I notice the icicles and run my hand along one of them for a moment.

…Not bad. With my binding spell, you could make them stronger, I’d bet. It’s a spell, right? If it is, binding would weaken all your abilities to strengthen all your spells and vice-versa, temporarily. Should I make you stronger or save the binding for Coal?…

Flag Post

Coal

“I’ll pass on the binding spell thanks.” I say to Pale Fang.

Flag Post

‘My superpowers are necessary to let me live a life-filled life. And not be a deadly vampire ghost or something. Hey, you know what’s cool? Super vampires. Regular vampires are just “meh”, but super vampires… damn. Hey, maybe if I became a super vampire ghost, I could vaporise things with surefire ease. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…Wait a minute, you’re telling me that if your powers were suppressed completely, you would die? I’ve never known anyone who had that drawback. Aside from binding, I can mask an individual’s magical essence from detection completely. It’s temporary but it helps when a magus or a shifter needs stealth. My strength increases with successive strikes. Take this as an example…Let’s say that with the right technology, we can gauge an individual’s strength and give it an appropriate number. We’ll say that my normal strength is measured at 45. If I start beating down on an enemy, 45 will become 46 after a couple hits, then 47, 48, 49…it’s like building momentum. If I take a hit, my strength falls back to 45 again and I have to repeat the process all over. In addition to that, I can also raise my strength and speed as I come closer to death…

I use a claw to draw a horizontal line about eight inches long in the dirt and two vertical lines below it, the left being four inches tall and the right being five inches tall.

…Let’s say that this horizontal line represents my health. The vertical line on the left represents my strength and the vertical line on the right represents my speed or agility. These are my normal levels at full health. But let’s take half of my health away…

I erase half of the horizontal line and increase both the left bar and the right by three inches.

…See what happened? My life dropped, thus, my strength and speed increase. The more my life drops, the stronger and faster I become however, if somehow, I get healed…

I erase the additions to the vertical lines and redraw the missing part of the horizontal line.

…my strength and speed return to their normal levels. I hope that made sense, Hephirix, Coal. My last ability is the ability to infect my targets if I bite them. Infecting someone is exhausting though but once they are infected, they very slowly develop the properties of a werewolf. This doesn’t apply to beasts though…only shifters and magi. If I infect a beast, they will die a very slow death but sometimes, they can purge themselves of the infection. Magi and shifters can do it with magic but beasts have to be able to sacrifice some blood to remove the infection and keep themselves from dying. Anyway, Rose, are you ready to attack?…

Flag Post

I stare at the bitch with a mind full of unbridled hateragered. Hate rage. ANGRYNESS, I shall say.
DUFE. WE DIDN’T FUCKING ASK YOU FOR A FULL FUCKING EXPLANATION OF YOUR POWER ABILITY POWERS. UH-RAY-NEE-UH. KAN-KREE. Those are people I met once. They talked too much, like you. You say loads without being told to say loads. I AM ANGRY AT THIS, BITCH. Also, NO, I obviously WOULDN’T DIE if my POWERS got suppressed LIKE you said. I have HUMAFORM. My DAD is not a PHONE! DUH!’ .
Aaaand back to rationality.
‘Sorry about that. But seriously, we didn’t ask about your various supernatural abilities.’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…It’s cool. I just figured that if I were considered to be a general, it would be handy to know that individual’s abilities. How you’re unable to control your anger, I have no idea but at least you got it out of your system for a bit, right? This pretty lady you mentioned before…is there some reason why you don’t refer to her by her given name?…

Flag Post

‘Look. Bitch. There’s a story I want to tell you. It’s called “The Motormouth Spider”. One day, a spider with lots of friends got a massive motor stuck in its mouth, which forced it to talk and talk and talk for hours on end, until the motor’s engine had finally run out; and when it did, the spider had died ages ago due to the combined effects of heat stroke, dehydration, and loss of energy from talking non-stop for hours on end. Oh, something about its friends disappearing into an alternate dimension or whatever too. My point is, I’LL SHOW YOU ANGRY, BITCH.’ .
I promptly drop to the floor and begin biting at my own shin, making ‘NYANG, NANG, NRANG’ noises as I do so. I’ll show her. I’ll show all of them.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…Yes…that’s what I like to see…you giving in to what makes you weak as an individual…that emotional instability. It causes you to arrogantly flaunt your power. Now, I know you’re a demon. I can smell dragon’s blood within you as well so I can assume you’re a hybrid, something neither species ultimately accepted. Whoever this pretty lady is, you seem pretty hellbent on pleasing her, almost as if she’s got you by the balls…

Flag Post

The Voices of Destruction

A roar. Then a huge gout of sanguine fire heads directly toward the few creatures that have been chattering unceasingly for the past few minutes. Loud hissing sounds are heard as the temperature in the surrounding area rapidly rises, turning the icicles generated by one of the creatures into steam. An instant later, a spiked tentacle strikes a spot in the ground less than a meter away from them, the force of the strike knocking all of the creatures to their feet.

Several more discordant shrieks escape from the monster’s various jaws. The bloated monster quivers as it begins its slow writhing motion toward the creatures.

[Rose never said you had to wait for her, did she?]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

The creature seems to know what it wants to do. The time for talking is past.

…Well, it seems the creature wants to finish this. I’m heading out there to show it up. You’re free to aid me in killing it…

I walk outside and point at the thing. It seems pretty mad.

…Hey! I’m gonna make you say my name, bitch. Get some!…

I go full Reaper and use binding on myself to weaken my masking spell and strengthen my abilities by a decent amount. I make my goal-oriented run to the beast, dodging what it throws at me.

…You want to try and hurt me? I’m coming right at you!…

Flag Post

‘…whuh?’ .
Then we get knocked over by stuff. I stand up, a look of pure… squinty staring thing directed at the bitch. You know the look. The one given just before people say something like “we’re not done here”?
‘We shall discuss this point later, bitch.’ .
I promptly turn into a person-sized dragon, then hoverfly into the air and begin firing ice breath at the demonguy. Also, the energy draining spell I have, which obviously isn’t seen by normal people. That should do things. Yes.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I notice Hephirix’s ice breath going for the beast. It’s about time he took action. After this confrontation, if he wants to fight, I will teach him what humility is. I am closing in on the beast and am almost ready to strike. If this thing has a brain or some sort of core, I will rend it asunder.

[Does it have a brain/core?]

Flag Post

Coal

“Okay giant creature you’ve just pissed me off!” I say after I pick myself up off the ground. I start running toward the creature and ready my horns to impale it. As I run Epinephrine begins coursing through my body and I get even faster. When I reach the creature I impale it with my horns and begin punching it.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I reach the creature and spear hand my claws into it, gripping into the tissue and pulling out before clawing at it. I can feel my strength rising a bit as I strike it. This thing must die. We shrunk it…now we need to continue tearing into it.

Flag Post

[I’d post as Rosalyn… but it’ll probably be another really long post. Which I don’t have the time to do right now.]

The enemies are attacking. Some of the voices are still absorbed in their own self-destructive madness and rage, but some others take notice. They shriek in pain when attacked, sections of their flesh frozen, punctured, and torn. A long spiked tentacle slams into the minotaur, sweeping it off the giant monster’s body, but the minotaur seems at least unaffected by the pain suffered from the attack; scythe-like wing blades then erupt from the monster to slash at the minotaur from above. Two draconian claws morph out of the creature’s body, and begin to grasp at the werewolf just as the werewolf’s own claws are grasping at the monster. The frozen portions of the monster’s body suddenly shatter, and from the wound emerges the head of a red dragon, which proceeds to breathe a gust of even more frigidly cold red ice vapors at the ice dragon. A second dragon head appears, vomiting out a stream of translucent red energy that distorts and disrupts magic as it travels along, causing the ice dragon’s energy-draining field to wobble to the point of near collapse.

Suddenly the whole monster flinches, momentarily paralyzed, as it feels that its mind is under attack. It shrinks again, just slightly.

[You must still deal with the attacks aimed at you.]

[Also, that second dragon head’s breath weapon is obviously a purple dragon’s magic-disrupting breath, tinted red. I’ve explained dragon colors and breath weapons in the signup thread.]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I can feel the claws squeeze the life out of me. My strength returns to normal because of the grab. As it continues to squeeze, I come closer to dying. I grow stronger and faster as a result, causing me to force the claws into letting up on me. I escape and head for the dragon heads that aim their breath attacks at Hephirix.

Flag Post

BUARGH CRAP. I narrowly dodge both the ice shot and the… energy drain stopper blast. Yes. I dodge them, fortunately. Then, I continue to fly around the creature, freezing streams along it as I do so, and dipping and diving and such as required to evade attacks and stuff.

Flag Post

Coal

“Was that supposed to be an attack! It didn’t even phase me!” I yell at the creature after it sweeps me off with a tentacle. I begin running towards it again when two large blade like wings pop out of the monster and start attacking me. I immediately step back narrowly avoiding being cut in half by one wing. The other wing manages to leave a large cut on my arm. I get angrier. “ARE YOU NOT AFRAID CREATURE!” I yell as I walk forward. “YOU SHOULD BE BECAUSE YOU JUST MADE ME ANGRIER AT YOU THAN I ALREADY WAS!” I then run toward the blade-wings and just as they come down on me I grab them and run back attempting to tear the wing-blades off of the creatures body.

Flag Post

Adrian
I would help them. I really would. but if I were to help them, I would be putting myself on the line, and I was already injured by the THING that that plasma mage (death be unto him) did to me. That, and after seeing what the thing just did to them, I don’t feel like dying. And I don’t even think that I could do much to it.

So I just decide to stay with Rosalyn and Lavender. “You’ll be okay” I say, more to myself than to anyone, but I think Lavender might have thought it was aimed at her.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I reach one of the dragon heads. They are both busy with Hephirix but this one is spewing some sort of red energy-type substance. I begin my ascent by clinging into its long neck and climbing my way up. How do you kill a creature that doesn’t have a body yet lives anyway? Hit its brain. I yell to Hephirix as I’m climbing.

…Keep them busy, Hephirix! I’m almost in position!…

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

Sitting in a cross-legged meditative stance, I try to make myself as physically relaxed and comfortable as possible. Which is rather hard, as I can’t seem to stop myself from trembling in fear…

You ready? Lynn asks.

As ready as I-I’ll ever be… I reply feebly.

Let’s go then!

Holding onto each other’s minds tightly, we both launch our mental probes toward the raging giant monster. As we approach it, we can vaguely feel Pale Fang, and the two newcomers, Coal and… Hephirix… Zatherex…? They’re attacking the monster in order to distract it and cause its concentration to waver. Thank you, and good luck… I whisper to myself.

Then we come into contact with the creature’s mind.

A tremor seems to shake through our entire being. Agh! This feeling… It’s almost exactly the same as the feeling I had when Lynn made mental contact with that man, Christopher Athánatos! How…?! Before I can analyze the situation, phantom images begin to flash before my eyes again…

Ugh! Lynn shouts angrily. We’re not falling for that again!

With a force of will, Lynn pushes the images away… only for them to shatter and reform into even more confusing, chaotic images. Straining with effort, I form a barrier around our mind, keeping the illusions at bay and preventing them from overwhelming us. But they still persist, the psychedelic colors and discordant sounds swirling around us as a maddening backdrop to this creature’s mindscape.

Moments later, we begin to see distinct presences within the maelstrom. They’re sort of like us, separate minds within a mind… except they feel like little more than congealed masses of hatred, rage, and insanity, blood red blots amid all those other colors. Worse, many of them are shaped almost like humans

And it seems like they aren’t very happy with our intrusion…

A few of the presences lunge at us like rabid Beasts. Before I can bolster my defenses and Lynn strike back, they engulf us completely, flooding our minds with images and memories…

Flag Post

The minotaur is strong. With one mighty move of its arms, it manages to tear off one of the monster’s many bladed wings. Shrieking in pain, some of the voices within the monster want to retaliate… but they are preoccupied with the invaders in its mind. A dragon head spits out a jet of corrosive red sludge, in only the minotaur’s general direction. Only a small portion of the acidic stream lands on the minotaur’s body, but the liquid does begin to eat through its skin, and this time it hurts despite the magic strengthening the minotaur’s body.

At the same time, the ice-breathing dragon head turns itself, aiming at the werewolf who has climbed onto the neck of the energy-breathing dragon head. At the same time, a mouth on the monster’s body opens, spitting out a stream of scarlet kinetic force that punches a sizeable hole through the small blue dragon’s left wing before it can evade.