[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 18

669 posts

Flag Post

Sophia

And the bastard ignores me. Well, isn’t this a great day? I sigh as he converses with a nearby Magus before deciding to ignore the wasted opportunity, who decides to randomly run away, and greet the Magus, who apparently plans to go inside of the hole.

“Planning to go down there, are you? Just a word of friendly advice before you do so. There’s a certain man who won’t hesitate to torture you if you so much as dare to disagree with him. It’s quite painful for me just telling you this. I would be careful if I were you.”

Flag Post

Fenix Antioch
The man ran off. Hmm, judging by the size of that hole, it might have been nice to have someone to help me find survivors. I shrink my platform down just big enough for me, and am about to continue into the chasm, when I hear a voice, "Planning to go down there, are you? Just a word of friendly advice before you do so. There’s a certain man who won’t hesitate to torture you if you so much as dare to disagree with him. It’s quite painful for me just telling you this. I would be careful if I were you.”

A young woman, probably 16 to 18 years old stands near me. As I process what she said, my first thought is a happy one, there is at least one survivor. That, however, is followed by another, less happy one: someone incredibly violent is down there among other possible survivors. I fade away my small platform and float gently the few inches to the ground. “Is he the one who caused this…tragedy?” I gesture towards the chasm looming nearby. “If he is, he must be incredibly powerful.” I think, So powerful, I would likely have no chance against him…nonetheless, I must atone for what I have done…whatever that is.

Flag Post

Sophia

I smile honestly. Finally, someone has responded. Best make my most out of this.

“In all probability, no. Well, not all of it,” I laugh a little at this comment. “He claims to house a group of malevolent beings, assuming that he isn’t one himself. And while they didn’t cause the fall of Caelum Fortis, they certainly amplified the scenery. The origin of the fall is unknown to me. Anyways, you best keep your guard up. If you need any pointers about who he is, his eyes and personality may give it away.”

Flag Post

Fenix Antioch
“Thank you.” I walk to the edge of the chasm and peer down into it. Hundreds of wrecked buildings littered the Undersphere. A small flare of flame burst from one the edges, and a flash of light quickly snuffed out elsewhere. Once again, I created my small platform of psyce and floated almost lazily in the air. Extending my hand back, but not looking back, I asked while extending the platform enough, “I assume, since you just came out of the chasm, you have no wish to return there. If you do, I would give you a ride.”

[If she accepts, then I will glide down with her to a spot a little ways away from the main group. If not, then I will glide down there myself. Unless, of course, something else happens or is said that catches my interest.]

Flag Post

Sophia

“Thanks, but I’m fine. Honestly I have no desire to return there.” I frown slightly. “Anyways, best of luck to you. I’ll be leaving this place for somewhere safer. After all, it doesn’t look like there’s much I can do to help here.”

Flag Post

Nihil

I run away lightheartedly. Then, under a mysterious hunch, I glance back.

“Woah! Look at that beautiful lady! Where did she pop up from?”

[Now I have certainly lost grasp of what happened. Sophia, did you participated in the battle against Christopher, or were you somewhere else at that time? And how, why and when did you fly out?]

Flag Post

Sophia, did you participated in the battle against Christopher, or were you somewhere else at that time?

[She participated the battle… but did nothing other than shooting a single energy shard.]

And how, why and when did you fly out?

[Sophia flew out via her basic levitation ability. She flew out not long ago, slightly after the battle finished. Her reason for leaving was that Christopher didn’t like her; he was being a dick and abusing his power to torture her.]

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

Bitch please! Lynn says angrily. So what if I’m arrogant?! You got a fucking problem with that?!

But I reign back her mind before she can convey her words to Pale Fang. Lynn! I say. Please… Don’t make any more trouble, okay…?

You gonna let the wolf bitch spout bullshit us?! She snaps. We ain’t gonna have no goddamned downfall! What is this, some fairy tale in a fucking kindergarten?! Well, news flash! We aren’t stupid or incompetent like the retards in those stories! We-

I… I think Christopher already covered it pretty well… I say, listening to his words about how a depressingly large number of megalomaniac tyrants in the world go unpunished. So we don’t…

Argh, whatever! She fumes, evidently still angry.

And, um… I lower my head. I think we should properly explain to them about our split personality… I mean, up until now, they must’ve had no idea why I kept changing my appearance and behavioral patterns. They must think I’m weird or even crazy…

Right, Lynn says. Lemme take care of that.

The next moment, it looks as though a swirling shadowy black mist is seeping out of my body. The mist coalesces above me into a humanoid shape, and refines itself, until it becomes a faint, shimmering image of Lynn. This… It’s actually Lynn just detaching a part of our body, and shapeshifting it into something resembling her, while I retain control of our main body. But separating our body into two parts and controlling each separately is so hard… Something like this cloud of gas is about as much as we can manage. We can’t even channel much magic through the second body… We don’t know how far we can be away from each other, and we never dared to try to find out. Even though our minds are still connected when we do this, there’s a scary wobbly feeling to it… I was afraid that the connection might break if we got too far away from each other. Even Lynn isn’t willing to risk something like that. We’re two halves of the same person, and it’d break us both if the connection between us was severed. In the end, this trick doesn’t have a lot of practical uses… but it’s perfectly fine for something like this.

“Hey, listen up,” Lynn says to everyone who can hear her. The voice is a little airy and whispery, like the voice of any other air elemental or gaseous creature. “Let’s get something straight here. We,” she says, waving a misty hand at me, “are Rosalyn Lightfell. She calls herself Rose, and I call myself Lynn. I’m her split personality, not her sister or anything like that. We can do stuff like this,” she gestures to her gaseous form, “but usually only one of us controls our body at a time. And if you can’t tell which one of us is in control just by looking, you should go bury yourself alive. Got it? Good. I’m going back to sleep; wake me up when there’s ass to kick.” She promptly disappears in a puff of black mist, the gas being rapidly disappearing back into our main body.

“Um…” I look around awkwardly, not sure what to say. “Oh! Um, I’ll heal you…” I mumble, and rush to Pale Fang to begin to heal her. Christopher was being too forceful earlier; I don’t want to cause any discomfort like he did…

Flag Post

Christopher Athánatos

“Rose” and “Lynn”, hmm? I chuckle slightly. Interesting play on her name. But for the split personality to externally manifest… Is that a spell, or an ability of some sort? Speaking of that, what kind of creature is she? Some kind of liquid metal construct, judging from her metallic form earlier? But somehow, she seems more than a mere metal slime. A hybrid?

I shrug. That is something to be thought about later.

Suddenly, I stiffen. This malice, this energy… I don’t have to even try to sense it; they aren’t trying to hide anything either. A few dozen presences, all headed toward this direction. Demons? No… If anything, their magical signatures feel like humans. Each individual one of these beings shouldn’t be anything my… current companions can’t handle, but it’s certainly much stronger than demons here that are countered and killed en masse. With all of them together…

Then I stiffen further. The seven or so beings at the front of the group are certainly not to be underestimated. Especially the leader. Whatever it is, I cannot accurately gauge its power from this distance, not without alerting it of my presence.

“A large group of entities, very likely hostile, are approaching us,” I say in a grave tone. “Prepare for combat if you value your lives.”

Flag Post

Justinian XXI

The Magus Supreme gazes at the ground coldly as he floats along, followed by dozens of Enforcers, each specializing in reconnaissance, detection, and analysis. Each one is clad technologically advanced full body armor, crafted from some steel-like metal and run through with purple runes. As each Enforcer levitates, waves of magic are emitted by numerous sensors installed on the armor, fuelled by his or her own spells, attempting to detect anything of use in the surroundings. Occasionally, an Enforcer will lower to the ground, and touch some item of interest to transport it into his or her containment unit. But there was hardly anything of significance since they arrived at the ruined city. Any wretched creatures still alive were cleansed on sight, but not even a single human survivor was encountered.

The Magus Supreme is surrounded by six elite Enforcers, their powered armors far more elaborate, almost pulsing with magic. The purple and steel gray icon of Magus Mechanicle is built into the chest compartments of these armors, clearly marking their origin or at least affiliation. But Justinian himself is clad in robes, deceptively simple gray robes decorated by simple, almost minimalistic purple lines and patterns. A fair-skinned man in his forties, of medium stature and build, Justinian’s features are mostly quite unremarkable, save for his straight shoulder-length hair that seems far grayer than his age should make it so, and almost supernaturally intense violet eyes that pierces the soul. But his expression alone hints at the power, both magical and interpersonal, that he possesses.

“We have detected a group of inhumans up ahead, Your Supereminence,” one of the elite Enforcers speaks. “Initial scans suggest above average level of threat. Should we cleanse them?”

“That… will not be necessary,” the Magus Supreme smiles a chilling smile.

Without another word, Justinian XXI begins rushing ahead, his robes fluttering in the air as he moves. The squad of Enforcers follow not far behind. Within moments, he arrives before the group of inhumans, seemingly busy healing their wounds.

“Greetings, maggots,” the Magus Supreme says calmly, smiles the same chilling smile, betraying no emotions whatsoever. “My name is Justinian XXI. Do you have any last words before I cleanse your vile existence from this world?”

[In case it’s not obvious, “Justinian XXI” is pronounced “Justinian the Twenty-First”. XXI is the Roman numeral for 21.]

[It is believed by many, especially humans, that the leader of Magus Mechanicle is the most powerful being on the planet. Virtually anyone knows that he’s really fucking powerful.]

[Magus Mechanicle is explicitly not a religion based on real-life Christianity; I have the Church of Light for that. Hence, I did not want to give its leader a “holy” type of title with connotations to Light. “Your Supereminence” was the most over-the-top title I could think of, though I suppose he has others like “Greatest Magus” or “Ascendant One”.]

[Also, I got Skyrim today. So…]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…Thank a lot, Rose. While being close to death makes me much stronger, I don’t like being in this condition. I may not show it but it hurts…

A strong, humanoid presence arrives. I speak quietly to Rose for a moment.

…Their magic won’t have significant effect due to the experiments I underwent in captivity. Rose, that guy right there calling us all maggots…he brought me some playthings namely, the henchmen behind him…

Flag Post

Coal

I’ve got a few words for you Mr 21st. GO F*** YOURSELF!

Flag Post

Justinian XXI

A single contemptuous glance. The next instant, both of the minotaur’s horns are severed from the root by impossibly sharp blades of invisible force. Guided by the same force, the horns dig into the minotaur’s right shoulder with extreme speed, clamping tightly together. With the ease of pulling grass from soil, the minotaur’s entire right arm is messily ripped off of its shoulder, torn away by its own horns. The invisible force still enveloping the horns turn venomous green and engulf the arm also, corroding away everything it touches within seconds.

“Forgive an old man for his bad hearing,” Justinian XXI says. “I did not hear what you said. Can you repeat yourself, filth?”

[Your fault for taunting someone who can easily kill you with one hit. Don’t worry, these injuries are nothing that can’t be healed by magic.]

Flag Post

(What, is XXI an elfen lied character now with the invisible force now?)

Flag Post

Coal

You heard what I said you Magus Mechanicle bastard. You go so far as to call yourselves pure…then you go off and kill people mercilessly. You’re no more pure…than the blood soaked…dirt beneath…my feet. faints and falls backward from excruciating pain

Flag Post

Bright blue with white in the middle. That is the feeling that I got with the healing magic. I realized that the bright blue was a wall, and the white was a door. someone was humming behind me. The door exploded inwards and magic lances shot around me. I knew what was next. The feeling of healing vanished as a man, clutching blades of raw energy, came in and stated through talepathy, not just saying something, but asserting it into my head dirty shifter. Join your parents.

One of the blades lunged at my head and —

Three minutes later
Adrian

Okay. OWWW.
I expected him to heal me, not give me another god-damned headache. I guess whatever he did to me should have some benefit.

One of those benefits, apparently, is lying on the ground, while a wierd misty thingy near rose is trying to tell me that a split personality is the cause for so many of the wacko things she can do. Which is just about the last thing I want to have in my brain when the most freaking powerful anti-me person comes along. Hail, Julian XXI.

Twenty lines of logic come into my head at once, culminating into one, likely to help us plan. 2 seconds of thinking time, and he misses his chance. "I say in a loud voice, bordering on yelling; “Why? Why, are we, whose only sin is that we descended from people who made slightly different choices than you, so infuriatingly unclean that we must die for it?”, I drop my voice to a near whisper, only audible to my small vicinity; “Christopher, if there was ever a time for that near godly power, thirty seconds ago is the time to beat. Fight or flight.”

With that, I end all speaking that I will do, for the last part of my now cut short life. I get up and stare directly at the wizards eyes, knowing full well the hate therein lies.

Flag Post

[Now I have certainly lost grasp of what happened. Sophia, did you participated in the battle against Christopher, or were you somewhere else at that time? And how, why and when did you fly out?]

B_S’ answer should be sufficient for this.

Sophia

“Where did I pop up from?” I ask with a slightly amused tone. “I’ve been here for quite a while, and even greeted you.”

Flag Post

Nihil

“Uhhh… actually… youseethatIwastalkingtothatMagussothatIdidn’tnoticeyou,” I say in a nervous rush.

I quickly calm down myself, “I mean, sorry for my insolence. Nice to meet you, pretty lady.”

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
It’s HIIIIM. It’s… it’s HIIIIM.
’It’s you, Magus! You- you, the ma- the man! Manman, man… man. The man. Yes.’ .
Pause.
‘What has been occurring at you to bring you towards us, the man?’ .

Flag Post

Christopher Athánatos

Justinian XXI, the Magus Supreme himself…?! For the first time in years my heart and mind begin to race. The man, seemingly in his forties, is physically unremarkable, but one should never judge a book by its cover. When the minotaur makes an asinine choice of taunting him, the man demonstrates his power by, cutting off both of the minotaur’s horns, and telekinetically guiding them to gouge out the minotaur’s own right arm from its shoulder, both with streams of invisible force even I can barely detect. It was done in the span of a moment, without him moving a finger, and seemingly with the greatest of ease. There is no doubt that he is powerful, very powerful. But exactly how, in relation to myself? I cannot accurately judge the full extent of his power without actively probing him with my own magic, and doing so may cause things to turn very ugly very fast.

Now, I must think about this clearly and logically. Is this man truly the Magus Supreme, as he claims? I have not met any of the leaders of Magus Mechanicle in person, none that I remember. And rarely has anyone else; even the citizens of regions ruled by the revoltingly corrupt human supremacist church aren’t sure of what their supreme leader is supposed to look like. To them, the Magus Supreme must be akin to their God manifest, a sacred icon their mortal eyes are not meant to see. So why would the Magus Supreme personally come to the ruins of a fallen Utopian city? I highly doubt that the enmity between these two factions is worth exposing the leader of Magus Mechanicle such.

But the most important question remains. Can I defeat the Magus Supreme in combat?

My magical power has fluctuated greatly over the centuries. I am quite sure that currently, my maximum level of power is as strong as it has ever been; I also do not remember encountering anyone capable of matching or surpassing this level of power. Some have come close, such as Emperor Huang Long of the Draconian Accord, but none was my equal or greater. However, at this very moment, I am most certainly not at my maximum level of power. Such was the main cause of most of my deaths and regenerations, for even I can easily fall and be slain in a state of exhaustion. So now…

“‘Christopher’, hmm?” I feel a wave of magical energy sweep over me, almost identical to my own telepathic scan. “I assume you are the strongest among this pile of inhuman garbage?” The supposed Magus Supreme asks.

That little disdainful glint in his eyes… How dare he, a voice in my mind whispers.

I give the wounded, unconscious minotaur a glance. He’ll live; those injuries are nothing that cannot be repaired by magic. I casually levitate myself to the Magus Supreme’s height, returning his scornful gaze in equal measure. “So what if I am, human?”

His right eye twitches slightly. That is all the warning I get before he is suddenly in front of me, fingers digging into each of my shoulders with strength far greater than any human should have. The next instant, my world is filled with almost unbearable agony as he roughly tears my body in half down the middle, with his bare hands, like ripping apart a sheet of paper. I vaguely feel both halves of my body squirming, wriggling, trying feebly to rejoin each other.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!” Justinian XXI suddenly bellows, his face contorting into a mask of pure rage and spite. “THE STRONGEST OF YOU WORMS! YOUR LAST HOPE! TORN APART BY MY HANDS, LIKE THE WEAK, WORTHLESS SCUM YOU ALL ARE!” Invisible, unshaped magical power is radiating from him like tidal waves, causing the ground, rubble, and the air itself to tremble; there is no doubt that weaker creatures around him are feeling as though they’re being crushed by a force squeezing around their entire bodies. Purple energy begins to swirl and crackle around the man. “YOU WILL DIE, EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF YOU VILE INHUMANS! DIE IN DESPAIR AND AGONY! IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD FROM THE MACHINE, I-

It is at that time I strike him with a massive beam of yellow lightning and force, a beam powerful enough to send him flying kilometers into the distance.

RUN! I scream using telepathy, sending a mental message to everyone around me who is not a member of Magus Mechanicle. YOU, DRAGON HYBRID! TAKE TRUE FORM AND CARRY THEM ALL OUT OF THIS HOLE! GET AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, AS FAR AS POSSIBLE! Both halves of my body dissolve, transforming into dark spectral lightning that arcs to all six elite Enforcers and as many additional enforcers as possible, simultaneously draining energy from all of them. I WILL HOLD THEM OFF! ESCAPE WHILE YOU CAN!

KILL THEM ALL!” One of the elite Enforcers shouts; a magical barrier is already forming around her to free herself from my tendril of ghostly electricity. “DO NOT LET A SINGLE INHUMAN ESCAPE!”

[If you try to escape, the Enforcers will give chase. Each elite Enforcer is about as strong as a player character, while the normal ones are weaker. You are allowed to give them whatever spells you wish, provided that they do not break the rules, and control their actions; I will object if I see anything I don’t like. The elite Enforcers also each carries several magic batteries (see the profile of InfiniteExpanse’s character for details) that can replenish magical energy. Yes, you can try to take those, and you will be able to use them.]

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
‘I guess it’s time to go to TUBULAR EXTREAMS.’ .
Transforming into my fire demon form, I quickly push all the people on our team into a group (making sure they specifically don’t burn to death by my hands), blasting some Reductor beam at one of the magic guys who fires his wepons at us, then turn into the FUCKING DRAGON I’m getting off task here. The big one, that is. And of course, I start absorbing fire immediately due to how huge I am. Damn, that stings a bit.
‘All the ground people creature people, get on. NOOOW.’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…A ride out, huh. Come on, Lavender. We’re getting out of here…

I carry Lavender onto Hephirix’s back and hold on tight.

…Lavender, that group down there is known as the Magus Mechanicle. The guy who got hit before is Justinian XXI. He is Magus Supreme. I’m not strong enough to destroy him nor am I strong enough to wreck one of his allies. However, that woman in his group better stay alive because the only one who should be getting a piece of her is me…

Flag Post

Nihil

“Hey, do you notice that the ground is shaking and the magic is pulsating? Perhaps we shall leave now. And by the way, what’s your name?”

Flag Post

Adrian

Low and behold, Christopher took my advice. Holy hell broke loose, and he mentally screamed at us to get on the dragon, with which command I happily followed. I climbed onto the dragon thing and said; “Alright Mr. Whatsyournamedragon, I am ready to go.”

before take-off, I make sure to become the smallest possible target on his back.

Flag Post

Fenix Antioch
Floating down, I am a leaf on the wind – watch how I soar.
…No wait…no, someone else said that.
Either way, as I start to float down into the chasm, I scan the rubble for a little while, finding nothing. Nothing but scattered corpses and the occasional surviving building. I ascend, trying to get a better view. Shortly after that, I notice a group of survivors off towards the distance, and I hear yelling. It’s astounding that I can hear them from this far away.

Sensing trouble I slowly float off in that direction, waiting to see if the yelling turns into-
Woah! An invisible wave of force pushes me back; it’s not that strong at this distance, but it was still surprising. It also made it more difficult to casually float around. As I come closer, still struggling against the waves, but now having covered myself in a thin layer of psyce, so as to provide minor protection, two men float across from one another. Suddenly one of them is inches from the other and tearing the other in half with his bare hands. This man is…Obviously too powerful for me Still, I begin to float closer, more cautious.

If I can help there, and I get the feeling I might need to, if only in escaping, or possibly posing as Mechanicle. It’s quite obvious that the newcomers to the group are Mechanicle, so maybe I could pretend to be one of…no, no. Too dangerous. Only if I absolutely have to.

Flag Post

Sophia

Ugh. It’s not exactly the best feeling when the air around my water starts trembling. Nor is it something I’m used to seeing, quite obviously. Granted, it’s not a very powerful tremor, but according to my instincts, the amount of rumbling is disturbing based on the distance it’s probably coming from.

Something’s going on down there. Something interesting. Something dangerous. Something that I would most likely regret seeing if I attempt to, regardless of what it is. Mentally, I groan in frustration and curse a certain psychopath.

The crystal man mutters some excuse about noticing me, but none of that is important for now. I quickly address him, answering, “Sophia. And you can tell me yours later. You’re right. We need to get out of here, and quick.” Taking the preemptive, I glide quickly towards a nearby forest and beckon the man to follow, intent on reaching a nearby village.