[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 19

669 posts

Flag Post

Nihil

The woman calls herself Sophia. She apparently agree my advice and fly off to a nearby forest. I quickly follow her. She’s flying quite fast, but hopefully my endurance is infinite, for I draw power on the light itself.

We quickly enter the forest.

Flag Post

Raymond

Woah, sparkly. I mean, I should get on with the making sure I don’t die by the hands of this whatever-succubus-like-but-actually-a-vampirewhat-with-the-body-which-is-right-next-to-me-monster. (Presumably, she kills anyone who looks at her breasts or something like that. Or maybe the breasts themselves do the killing, possibly by suffocation. Though how that’s possible beats me.) Although she does look just like a girl… The second or seconds it takes me to process this could probably get me killed. And after that second, I form ice armour around myself, with horrible bludgeon-y spiky implements for hands. To be technically correct, she looks just like a vampiric girl. Which means she could be fifteen or five-thousand for all I know. Jumping backwards, or floating backwards, whichever, I attempt to put my bludgeon-y spiky implements into use. Although it apparently pains me to attempt to bludgeon something that looks like a half-naked vampire but is really a half-naked vampire that breasts people to death, apparently, it’s not something I can avoid doing. Hopefully, she’ll teleport away and not reappear or something like that.

Flag Post

[Blame my inactivity yesterday on bad sleeping habits and Skyrim.]

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

I can’t stop trembling.

Gah! Stop thinking about it, dammit! Lynn snaps. He’s gone now, isn’t he?!

B-But… That power. It felt as though it was surrounding me, suffocating me, crushing every bone in my body. The bloody scene where that man tore Christopher in half with his bare hands. And that sheer hatred on his face when he was promising us all a painful death… He is the one who leads Magus Mechanicle, the epitome of their prejudice, spite, and power.

How can I possibly stand a chance against something like that…?!

Who said we’re fighting that piece of shit?! Lynn growls. Didn’t you hear what Chris said?! Run now, think later!

But I… I c-can’t…

Then lemme take over, she says. See those assholes chasing us? I wanna blast them all down.

Right… But wait. Shaking my head, I begin to think. The, um, “sexually indeterminate”… dragon… person… is carrying us on his… her… its… back right now, so it may not be able to aim well. Since we’re airborne… Pale Fang doesn’t seem to have any ranged attacks, nor does Adrian or the minotaur. That leave it to Vinyl and Lynn…

I quickly shoot a glob of white energy toward the minotaur’s shoulder stump, which should at least stop the bleeding if nothing else; I’ll have to worry about the rest later… Then I shoot another large dose of healing, invigorating power at Vinyl. Then with a sigh, I allow myself to relax…

Lynn

I blink a couple of times, then look at our pursuers. Shit, there’re so many of them! I grab Vinyl’s shoulders and shake him a few times. “Hey! Help me shoot down those dickbags!”

With no time to waste more words, I turn around and begin shooting dark magic beams of death at the oncoming enemies.

[Assume that Phirix-Therex, being just crazy but not totally stupid, picked up the unconscious Coal up with her hands (careful not to scratch him… much, of course) before taking off. Or something along those lines. The details aren’t that important.]

Flag Post

Adrian

Blobs of energy go flying backwards. I should start thinking about that in the context of battle. ok. Rosalynn, I prefer it over splitting the name, begins to throw energy at the oncoming attackers. Sooner or later I must aquire a bow. I fell that with the recent battle, I am just outclassed by rangers.

Anyways.

One of the Mechanle shoots a green beam off our starboard. Unbearable close, I can practically feel the heat emminating from it.

Flag Post

[Whenever I take a brief but unexplained absence, blame bad sleeping habits and/or Skyrim.]

[You do realize that we’re riding atop Phirix-Therex, who is currently a giant blue dragon, right, Mark?]

Christopher Athánatos

The dragon hybrid takes off, but not before picking up the unconscious minotaur with its forelimbs. Good. But the dozens of human Magi immediately begin to give chase. One of the six elite Enforcers, the woman with her shielding spell, has already escaped from my energy-draining hold and is quickly gaining on the dragon. Two more then break themselves free before I can drain more than half of their energy. Blades of force spring out from the dark lightning streams that are actually my limbs, quickly shredding one of the elite Enforcers to pieces of armor and flesh. But before I can do the same to the remaining two elites, some external magical devices on their bodies seem to activate. A bright purple flash, and they are gone. I quickly sweep out with telepathy. Several of the Enforcers are still around, weaker ones that die almost instantly when their skulls crack like eggshells when pierced by shards of translucent force. Streams of spectral lightning quickly snake out to absorb the last remnants of their energy before they completely fade away.

And I already sense the supposed Justinian XXI rapidly approaching. Damn, he sure is fast.

YOU DARE” The man hisses, voice causing the air itself to tremble as if in fear. He is floating high up in the sky, face contorted in rage and hatred. My human eyes can vaguely see him cupping his hands, a sphere of intensely bright purple energy gathering between his palms. “TURN TO DUST, VILE ABOMINATION OF EXISTENCE!

I could have easily dodged the attack by teleporting away. Or I could have simply sidestepped away from its brunt. But as I sense the amount of energy being gathered by this powerful Magus, an amount of energy that is no doubt terrifying to anyone else, a strange feeling surges up within me. My blood boils. The voices scream of slaughter and destruction with mad glee. Energy of my own gathers between my hands, energy that glows blindingly golden yellow.

DON’T THINK SO HIGHLY OF YOURSELF, YOU PATHETIC SPECK OF A HUMAN,” I snarl. The sounds of our verbal exchange must have been audible even kilometers away. When Justinian XXI unleashes his beam of devastating power, I unleash my own at the same instant, meeting his attack head-on at full force.

The two beams, mine golden yellow and his purple-violet, collide at the exact midpoint between us.

The massive shockwave occurs at first, expanding outwards from the point of impact at supersonic speeds. Then comes the waves of pure destructive magic, a mixture of yellow and purple that tears apart anything in its path. In less than a second, the energy swallows me whole. Though it is not nearly enough to kill me, my magical senses are essentially blinded by the raging torrents of magic within. But at least my opponent is subject to the same fate.

It takes me a moment to regenerate from any damage and regain my senses. Quickly glancing around, I see that everything within several hundred meters of myself has been completely obliterated. A crater of roughly that size has formed, dotted with bits and pieces of molten rock. I hope Rosalyn and her ragtag little group had escaped in time and wasn’t caught in the blast, for there is not a soul alive around me that I can feel.

Except that single massive eyesore floating up there in the sky.

A nice expression of surprise is plastered onto his face. It then shifts into a mask of even more pure, unadulterated spite, if such a thing is even possible. A blink of extreme speed.

But I will not allow him to catch me by surprise again. An instant later, his glowing blade of destructive magic and force is stopped by my own, the clash sending off purple and golden sparks. With a wide, bloodthirsty grin, my free left hand morphs into an adamantine spike as I drive it through the man’s stomach.

GAAAAAAAAAH!” He screams. Before more spikes can erupt from my hand to shred him from within, the Magus Supreme rips himself free and backs away several meters. The bloody hole in his stomach rapidly heals until it is entirely unnoticeable after a moment. “YOU DARE WOUND ME, FILTHUNFORGIVABLE! YOU-

I do not give him the opportunity to finish as I rush toward him. The energy blade in my hand transforms into a golden spiked ball the size of a truck, and rises to a few meters in the air before slamming into the man at several times the speed of a truck. But immediately after the impact, a burst of immensely destructive energy explodes from my target, shattering my wrecking ball and pushing me back as well.

We stand a few meters apart, catching our breaths while glaring at each other with pure malice and contempt.

YOUR VERY EXISTENCE SICKENS ME, MAGGOT,” he snarls. “YOU ARE THE PLAGUE, AND WE ARE THE CURE. YOUR REVOLTING KIND SHOULD BE SCOURED FROM EXISTENCE AND HISTORY, EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF YOU.

IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK, YOU BLIND LITTLE DIRTWORM?” I spit back. “SO SADDENINGLY, PATHETICALLY DELUDED. SO PITIFUL, THAT YOU YOURSELVES SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF YOUR MISERY.

Justinian XXI does not respond with more words. Instead, he sends at me a blast of psychic energy so powerful that it causes the air itself to visibly distort. Letting out a growl of challenge, I bring forth the full tidal wave of insanity that is my mind upon the puny human. The sheer murderous hatred of our wills scream and tear at each other like mad beasts, each seeking to rip the other to shreds, but our evenly matched mental powers simply lock us into a stalemate from which neither of us can escape.

My willpower wavers for an instant. The Magus Supreme immediately takes the opportunity to focus all of his psionic might onto my single momentary weakness, but not quickly enough to stop a massive blazing sphere of heat and destruction from erupting out of my right hand. As the ball of plasma consumes him, and the pressure on my mind disappears, I quickly rise up into the air, this time my turn to look down at the supposed leader of this pathetic excuse of a religion. My jaws begin to deform.

Of course the bastard will not die so easily. Before I can even launch my next attack, a shaft of blinding white light pierces the smokescreen and heads directly toward my direction. This time, I dodge. But immediately after, the smoke itself is rapidly consumed as multiple large bubbles of glowing acidic green materialize around Justinian XXI. With a snarl he sends them all at me, each moving far more quickly than any bubble of liquid should. I dodge a few, and bash the others away with a wave of force, moving to the man’s left side; my jaws then fully deform and extend to become those of a vicious black dragon before spewing forth a massive blast of pure black energy that should rip him apart molecule by molecule. My disintegration breath weapon swallows him.

But no, he still does not die or even show any visible signs of damage. His robes have been reduced to dust, exposing a body now entirely covered by armor made of what appears to be partially molten iron that glows indigo and purple. “YOU DARE THINK THAT WAS ENOUGH TO KILL ME, GARBAGE?!” A growl comes totally unimpeded from within his helmet. “YOU ARE WEAK. AND WITH MY POWER, I SHALL CLEANSE YOU.” He begins walking toward me, energy crackling in both hands.

HA. HOW LAUGHABLE. THE INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE BLIND INSECT THINKS HE ACTUALLY HAS POWER?!” Various adamantites begin to coat my skin. “YOU ARE WEAK, WORM. AND I AM JUST GETTING STARTED.” As the last word leaves my mouth, my body deforms completely, and I charge at my enemy with wild abandon.

Flag Post

[No B_S, I don’t, because I’m an asshole who can’t keep up with what’s happening at the moment and i’m horrible skimmer. I’ll delete and try again with this]
Vinyl
I look at Lynn and smile, “Sure, why not?” I summon a couple of shards in my hands, about the size of cans of soda. I first infuse them with blue fire, then lightning and aim. I throw them at those assholes, small lines of magic connecting the shards together, as well as from all the shards to my fingers, once the shards get close, they explode into a massive fireball, with lightning zapping outeverywhere. I then follow it up with small, rapid-firing firebolts.

Flag Post

Adrian

The battle is so fierce that I have to avert my eyes. There is no-one who can go toe to toe with Justinian, is there? It was just a noble sacrifice to get us away.

Or, at least, that is what I thought before I looked back a minute later, and niether was winning. Just how powerful Christopher was hadn’t dawned upon me until I saw Justinian go into a ball of flame. I couldn’t get within 100m of the guy without being atomized, but Christopher was, while not really winning, was actually doing things.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Grayson

Lynn

Hell yeah, now that’s what I’m talkin’ about. Except those fuckers immediately set up huge glowy magic barriers the moment Vinyl throws his shards infused with fire and lightning. The shields crack, but they still manage to block Vinyl’s spells as well as my dark beams.

Then a few large balls of magic are tossed at us, each glowing a different color. Fuck. Even I know that it’s a stupid idea to just take those head on. Growling, I throw out a few black energy balls of my own. With my obviously perfect aiming, of course I successfully shoot down all of the attacks, causing them to explode and release various kinds of elemental or otherwise destructive magic. But then they start shooting small magic bolts at us like a swarm of demonic wasps! Shit! Hastily I throw up a wall of dark energy, destroying those projectiles before they can hit me. But I still get hit by a few lightning bolts. They don’t hurt that much, but they make one of my arms go all numb. Argh, dammit!

They’re divided into groups of six… I think, says Rose hesitantly. Judging from, um, their shields…

Anything that’ll save us from horrible deaths?! I shout back. At the same time, I frantically wash the inside of my left arm with dark energy to rinse away some lightning magic that seems to be continuously paralyzing me. They’d better not ask me to do the same for them; who knows if I won’t accidentally dissolve their arms in a stressful situation like this.

Then the beams come just as the sexually indeterminate dragon person makes a tight swerve. Most of them miss, but one of them drills straight through my chest! “Argh!” I scream. That fucking hurt, dammit! While closing my wound, I shoot a beam of my own at the asshole who shot me, only to be blocked by a shield again. Son of a bitch!

Um, they… Rose murmurs. I think each group has a person handling shields, two people using heavy attacks, two more people using smaller attacks with debilitating effects, and…

Oh, fuck. This isn’t gonna work. Any plans, guys? I send a telepathic message to everyone riding on the dragon, as well as the dragon him/herself. And I keep the mental links connected so I can hear their responses.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“I have an idea, just protect me for a while, okay?” I summon two firebolts in my hands, but I don’t throw them, instead, I let them grow and turn blue. Once they become blue, I throw both directly at barrier. If the barrier doesn’t break, I’d follow it up with more rapid blur firebolts.

Flag Post

Adrian

“I have a plan” I hastily say, “But for it to work, the dragon has to fly straight away from them for a second…”. Even though this plan might not work, it might not even have a chance to, if they’d rather dodge than listen.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“Well, what is it?” I ask Adrian impatiently. “Just spill it! Quickly!”

Um, guys…! Rose says with a slightly panicky voice using telepathy. Please, don’t talk out loud…! Our enemies might, um, hear us and…

Right, I say, while making sure that all of our minds are still connected. Just think whatever you want to say, and we’ll hear them. You’re an idiot if you didn’t know that.

Um… Adrian? Can you cloak us with your darkness spell again…? Rose asks.

Flag Post

Daryl McDowell

“Oooooooh! You transformed!” Daryl perks up and says with wide sparkly eyes. “I wanna transform too!” All of a sudden she’s quite some distance away from the man and his spiky ice armor. The red gemstome shaped like a vampire’s eye on her silver cross pendant lights up, and releases a huge burst of rainbow sparkles. “Nexus Void Power, Make Up! Super Ultra Mega Ultimate Incredible Beautiful Amazing Sexy Wonderful Cute Ultimate Pretty Ultimate Ultimate Ultimate Sparkly Magical Girl, Dariru-chan! Go!

The sparkles multiply for about a few quadrillion-fold, yet somehow Daryll’s entire body can still be clearly seen amid the mass of multicolored glitters. Shadowy black streaks begin to snake around her petite form, slowly condensing and coating her body, changing colors and shapes, gradually becoming pieces of clothing. The whole transformation is done in exquisite detail, focusing on Darryl’s various body parts one by one, as though there’s someone using a camera to film the entire thing; or maybe it’s just the magic emanating from her sequentially attracting attention to the various steps of the transformation. The process appears excessively lengthy, with Daryll twirling around and striking various poses for no apparent reason while sparkles fly around her; it almost seems to take a few whole minutes.

But during the transformation, in a single briefest instant… There was a flash of something else. Something like ethereal black feathers, and…

Daryl McDowell stands, or floats, in all her glory, with her unnecessarily elaborate costume and implausibly shaped wings. And she looks more sparkly than ever. A strange pose is struck. “In the name of the Mo- I mean Voi- I mean, um…

*PLEASE STAND BY*

||- A͞to͞ḿás͏, ̕help͏! I͜ ̵n͘eed͞ ͏id̴èas͟! ͏W͢h̸a̛t ͘s͟ho͏u͡ld ͟Ì ͟s̡a͠y here̕?̧!̷ -||

||- ... -||

||- .̶̸̕.̴.̵̛m͡҉̀ea͠n̶͢ì͢ę̕!̀͝ -||

*RESUME*

…Something, I will defenestrate you, desu!

She blinks a couple of times, and stares at the man for a few seconds.

Then she pulls a slender black magitech poleaxe out of nowhere, and waves it at the man in a way that she may or may not actually believe to be menacing but isn’t really menacing at all.

[If Zalgo text doesn’t display properly on Google Chrome, copy and paste it to somewhere else.]

Flag Post

Vinyl
As I see the barrier go down, I smile, however whoever put it up, reconstructed it. Hey, can you scan to see which one of those guys are putting up the barrier? I have an idea. As I finish that thought a couple beams fire towards me, I throw a couple of blue firebolts to counter them to counter but one of the beams sweep by and hits me in the knee.

Flag Post

one of the beams sweep by and hits me in the knee

[You should become a city guard at the next available opportunity. Oh wait, those aren’t arrows…]

[Also, put thoughts in italics.]

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

Oh no, he got hit! Rose gasps. Quick, let me-

Nope. You’re tired enough, I say. Vinyl, man up and bear it till we’re safe, ’kay? I reach out with telepathy to scan our enemies, only to bounce off a telepathic shield made by at least two people. Damn, those fuckers have telepaths too!

Um, maybe it’s made by the people who haven’t attacked us? Rose says. At the same time, she flashes a mental image to everyone, showing that in the few groups of six chasing us, each group has two people who haven’t thrown anything at us yet.

You know what? I growl slightly. Something that looks like black fire appears in my hands. Let’s combine attacks, Vinyl. My magic can make yours hurt more. Let’s take out those dickbags in one hit before they can recover.

And, um… Pale Fang, maybe boost our spells too…? Rose asks.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I nod and summon blue firebolts in my hands. I also clone myself, my clone looks at me and puts up three fingers. We’ll wait for Pale Fang to power us up. On the count of three we hit hard, my clone, while granted, is weaker than I, will attack them, hopefully distracting those assholes putting up the barriers.

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
‘Ecksqueeze me, Miss Yes Sexual, but whilst you tell that guy not to complain about stuff, I’ve been drawing magic attacking like a giant crystal dragon is wont to do and not even complaining. And incidentally, I can, whilst I’m on the subject, be the assistance too.’ .
The air immediately in front of me suddenly starts to get colder, in such a way that, by the time it is behind me, icicles have started to form, and are flinging themselves en masse towards the people attacking us first. Specifically, towards whoever it’d be best to distract. And because they shot first, that makes it okay to try and vaporise them with solid walls of ice. Yes.
‘And now we can hit them with pain gogogogogogo.’ .

Flag Post

Adrian
They had to ask for the long version. We might not have time for the long version. “Ok, the long version: We fly staringht and level, and I cloak us. The problem is that I’ve never tried to keep it moving with me. It could end disatrously. That why I want us staright and level for a second, to get it directly between us and…” I think for a moment, about exactly what my Dark spell entails. It is about ten of my awarnesses long, and…That puts them in range!

I shout “Dragon, BANK NOW!” just as I charge up my darkness spell. At this speed, I’ll only be able to keep it up for a minute or so, but IF we turn, it should put us far enough out of their path.

And with that the world goes dark. lights around me vanish into oblivian, whilst the ones around the magi dissapear from view. They were too bright to be completely masked, but the fog component of the Darkness should take care of that part.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

Even before Adrian’s cloak went up, I already feel waves of psychic energy probing around us. And when it did go up, it gets rendered almost useless, when our enemies don’t need their eyes to sense their surroundings anymore. Worse, since the air is now filled by the combined psychic presence of a few people, they’re blocking me from sensing anything myself! I told you to not talk out loud, you morons! I snap angrily. See, those dickbags must’ve overheard us and-

They can see all of us, while we can’t see a fucking thing. And that’s when the magic balls all hit and explode around us. Fire, ice, lightning, acid, or I dunno what the hell else; all I know is that they fucking hurt. Then we slam into a building. Well, isn’t this fucking great.

Turn your goddamned cloak off! I hiss at Adrian, while trying to push back the psychic energy fields that are blocking me from sensing anything. My body’s been blown into black goop now, but fuck if I still care. Those Magus Mechanicle bastards are gonna get it, hard.

[The Enforcers dodged Phirix-Therex’s icicles due to having ultra telepathic scans of their surroundings. Oh, and some of the icicles may have bounced off their shields.]

Flag Post

Raymond

I would be halfway about to kill myself if that wasn’t probably her plan. Although it was stupid of me to miss the opportunity to attack during that endlessly long and over-elaborate whatever-it-was-transformation-I-assume I guess I shouldn’t blame myself for taking time out to stare at the view. Obviously this is all a trap to lull me into a false sense of security. Because no-one could act like that if they were serious. “In the name of the something? Defenestrate? Desu?” Gasping that out weakly is the best I could muster. I’m sure of it now. Her power must be to drain willpower from people. Or one of her powers, I don’t know. My thought processes are probably going to have a terminal meltdown or something at this rate. “… I just need… To chill.” And for that, I presumably need to get rid of the vampire-girl-thing. Although I’m still averse to hurting her, I need to do something before my sanity collapses. “If I were a holy man, I’d probably pray at times like this. Not to monologue, but I’m not the religious type. I don’t follow such delusions of enlightenment. Even if that’s what this attack represents!” I launch several seeds of the ‘Delusions of Enlightenment’ attack. Unfortunately, most of them are off target. “I’m not going to commit suicide just because you want me to.”

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I’ve been blinded by some magic. This isn’t the first time, now that I think about it but regardless, that Justinian guy will die in due time. I want a piece of that female enforcer though. The meat on her bones will make for a hearty meal.

Flag Post

[Well, since Blood wants us to end the Enforcer encounter prematurely…]

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
Awww, we’re not injuring them at all. It’s like, “hey, we could let you injure us, but we’re going to be dicks and only let us shoot you instead”. If only something convenient would come along and distract these guys from us…
HUUUUMAAAAAANS!’ .
The world is suddenly filled with screams of rage and triumphs, as a… uh what’s the word. A large gaggle of demons sideswipes the humanitymen, almost literally. This knocks them off course, and the two groups end up fighting or whatever.
‘…hey, this means I can get away without dying from accumulated wounds! Wooo.’ .
I promptly continue flying off as fast as I can. Only time will tell if one of those non-human-hating people will continue to follow us. Yes.

Flag Post

[Good. Now, someone else. Write a post depicting the main group escaping to safety in the forest surrounding the fallen city. At least start the conversation about making plans for survival in the immediate future. Show me that you don’t need me to do everything for you; show me that you people can not only react but act as well.]

Flag Post

Nihil

After following Sophia for several hours, I spot a village not far away. Sophia must have also spot it, as she lands on to the ground.

I talk to Sophia, “maybe, perhaps we shall act like normal people, without power and strength? I don’t want to attract any attention now…”

Hence we walk towards the village, pretending to be mere travelers.

Flag Post

Fenix Antioch
I am about to try and distract of few of the now arrived Magi, when the large dragon flies off with all of its passengers towards the forest in the distance. Sighing some relief, I relax for a moment, then begin slinking through rubble away from these Magi at first, and then in the direction the dragon flew. I should get to the forest in…about ten minutes. Maybe more if there are other hostile Magi in the area.

[My next post will probably involve a fight so I will be delayed in reaching the group. I just don’t have time to write it right now]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

I’m kind of pissed that we had to escape from the enforcers but whatever. Lavender’s safety is top priority right now. I have no time for physical confrontation at this point.

…Vinyl, where are we going?…