[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 20

669 posts

Flag Post

Oloroar
I shake myself, and sit up. What the fuck happened? It looks like the city fell to the ground and pretty much caused massive destruction. I don’t know how I’m alive. “Oh well,” I sigh. “Not like I wanted to die anyways. Soooooooooo no big deal?” I ask myself. I stand up, a little shaky since I haven’t used my legs in… how long? I don’t know, and won’t until I find someone else who is willing to speak to me. I orient myself in direction of a forest I know is there. I Know someone who lives there, so they can help me figure out why I was just sitting in the center of a ruined city, for like, weeks. Maybe months, maybe days, or it could have just been a few hours. I REALLY need to find out.

Flag Post

[ok, B_S, I hadn’t the time (I had schoolwork, out the gazzoo), but now I will try]

Adrian

Lynn told me to please turn my darkness spell off. If not in those kind of words. I felt that we were nearing the end of the sphere, but its a constant drain on my energy, so why not. I shut the darkness off.

And I am nearly blinded by the effect of sunlight on my cornias. We were flying directly under the opening to the surface, and no-one knew it because of my darkness. After a brief hesitation, the dragon also notices, and begins to corkscrew upwards and out of the smoke. The cool fresh air of the normal air never felt so good. For five minutes, we fly through the air, the brisk air, which feels like a cold mountain spring compared to what we were just in, breathing in and relieving ourselves of the smoke inhalation of the wrecked city.

After those eternal five minutes, we come into the ground at a slight angle. Gracefully almost crashing due to the heavy forestation, we manage to come in on a slight clearing, not breaking enough branches to give our position away. For a moment, everyone sits there, not moving, rattled and in disbelief that we made it. Pale Fang is the first on the ground, soon followed by the rest of us. We take a novel few minutes getting over what just happened.

I say, after those few minutes “Shelter and food. We need them.”. I climb a tree (not the most familiar thing, as there are few on Utopia, but I figure it out easily enough.) and look at the sky and smell the still air.there are no clouds in the sky, save the big ashen clound made by the burning wreckage. I climb back down. “If it is going to rain, it isn’t going to be for some time, so we need to build some lean-tos or something, and find food.”

Flag Post

Sophia

Attention? Something tells me that disagreeing with the man would be an extremely stupid idea. Obscured from the sight of the village, I alter and shift the water composing my body, almost instantaneously creating a new appearance for myself. Maintaining the same beauteous looks I held before, I slightly alter my facial features, decrease my height, change my hair color to brown, and change my eye color to light brown.

At the same time, I decide to give myself a change of clothes. Wishing for nothing too elaborate, I give myself a simple blue dress. Not the long and flowing kind, of course. I’d rather be able to move easily at a time like this.

Sacrificing a part of my arm to create a panel of water in front of me as a makeshift mirror, I smile to myself. I quickly retract the panel back into my arm and step out into the village.

“So, I haven’t caught your name just yet, have I?” I ask the man.

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
Being a dragon right now is the dumb, so I return to a human form and grin spastically. Wait, spastically? No, that’s not right… congenially? Uh… grinnily. Grinnily… that’ll do. I grin grinnily.
‘We have done it. We are the best, ever. Furthermore, I’d like to thank myself for taking a lot of hits for you people, who I barely know…’ .
Wait a minute is that who I think it is.
…gasp! It is! It’s the… pretty lady! And she’s come out of the woods with… a… guuuuuuuuy. Or something with brown hair, tanned skin, some musculature and what are probably stupid peasant clothes. Which they might be, possibly. Or maybe I am the jealous of him, and purposely thinking of his clothes as peasantly to make myself seem better than him. Hmm. In any case, the… pretty lady has returned!
‘Yaaaaaay. I’ll be right back.’ .
I scamper over to her, still grinning. She is ever so pretty. Especially her eyes, which I like a lot. I want to lick them. But I won’t, because I am restrained, and this guy is creeping me out. His eyes are bright green. Eww. Won’t touch those with a pickaxe on a long stick.
’Ma’am. And other person.’ .

[Yes, Xandrya has given me permission to bring her character to the main group, as well as describe the other guy with her.]

Flag Post

Amie

“Hephirix dear, it’s been a while!”
We hugged, awkwardly, and time almost ceased for those few moments. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to introduce my friend, as he and I were, well, more than friends now.
“I want you to meet Desmond, he and I have been together for quite some time.”
Desmond introduced himself, almost intimidated by the Hephirix’s presence. Anyone with a brain could tell that Hephirix wasn’t happy with my new relationship status, but I wasn’t here to please him, nor anyone else.
“Don’t worry darling, he won’t bite,” I joke, winking at Desmond and grabbing his hand.

Flag Post

‘…ohhh. Riiiiiiiiiight. I could bite, actually, but I’m just nice enough to not do that, for some reason.’ .
I should bite him. This dick is going to steal the… pretty lady from me. Probably. That’s what happens in healthy, loving relationships – the two people become very involved with one another, and then nobody else exists, and friends get neglected or what have you… wow, that’s actually a good aesop. Love makes other people unhappy. I have proved it, too, by not liking this guy.
‘Sooooo… you okay, other person?’ .

Flag Post

[Amie doesn’t want to tell Desmond just yet of her true form, so Hephirix can play around with that, maybe threaten her or whatnot.]

Amie

“Uh, yeah, I’m fine,” he replies, not daring to make eye contact.
“His name is Desmond. Des…mond. Come on, that can’t be too hard for you to remember, not unless your head is full of useless thoughts.”
Easy girl… You don’t want to piss him off, not while Desmond is around anyway.
“Alright, so maybe not useless thoughts per se, but if you could make room for just one more name that would be great!”
Way to screw up, now he’ll more than likely go ballistic.
We were suddenly surrounded by silence, with no one really sure of what to say. Judging by his expression, he wasn’t the least bit amused at how I had insulted him. I didn’t mean for it to come out as harsh as it did, but I guess I cared a lot about Desmond, even when it was to defend him against something as simple as being called ‘other person’.

Flag Post

Coal

“What happened?” I ask as I regain consciousness.

Flag Post

Nihil

After I told Sophia to keep her profile low, she immediately agrees and start shifting her shape. She becomes shorter, and she’s now a brown-eyed brunette. Her clothes also change, as if they are constructed by magic. No, not “as if” they are constructed by magic — They ARE constructed by magic. I am also kind of sure that her body is constructed by magic. Anyways, it’s a shame that she won’t take off her “clothes” so that I can take a look at her bo… DAMN IT, WHAT AM I THINKING!? She’s definitely a shifter, and is she a humanoid? Come on, her body is composed of arcane power and unknown stuffs.

And then I have too do what I said, too. As I am drawing the light around to empower myself, I am sparkling like some bedtime story vampire now, and my eyes are bursting out sunlight too. I instantly stop absorbing light. “No, not enough. I am still sparkling.” Fine, I have to repel light now. Repelling my power source leaves me powerless, but I have to.

“So, I haven’t caught your name just yet, have I?” Sophia asks.

“My name? My name is…”

Wait, what’s my name? I quickly search into my mind. Searching my name through billions of memory fragments is hard, but not that time-consuming if I concentrate. Okay, here it is. Nihil.

Three seconds later, “Nihil. My name is Nihil.”

Then I find that she is looking at my hair. What’s wrong… blast, my hair is white. I nearly forget that my hair is white!

A spark of wisdom suddenly comes to me. I have a plan now. Now, concentrate, I can do it. What I will do is just absorb sunlight only through my hair and prevent it from leaking. That way, I shall make my hair black, and I can also absorb sunlight without people noticing.

I ask Sophia, “hey, Sophia, is my hair black now?”

Flag Post

…I think the… pretty lady just said uselessness about me. Or about my thoughts. Or somethimg. I “hmmm”, frowning slightly for effect. I could flip out on her, maybe say something about how she is actually a demon to Desmond who may or may not be to like that. But that would involve me going against what are probably her wishes – either she has told him, in which case he’d think I was the dumb, and she’d get pissed at me for being disloyal, or she hasn’t told him, in which case he gets pissed at her for being a demon, and she gets pissed at me for being disloyal and possibly losing her her boyfriend. And if I make her lose her boyfriend, she won’t like me. And that’s a bad thing. I should therefore go along with her request that I call him by his actual name.
‘…Desssss… mmmond. Fine, then. Desssmond. Hello, Desmond. How are you?’ .

Flag Post

Amie

“Well you know, I’ve had better days,” he replies. Desmond had grown rather uncomfortable with Hephirix’s presence, simply because of his weird nature, to say the least. All of this was very obvious, yet no one bothered to bring it up to avoid further awkwardness.
“Desmond, could you give us a minute, please?”
He nods his head and walks away with what I could have sworn was relief.
“So, as you can tell, there’s been a new addition to the group. Anyway, initially I wanted to use Desmond as one of my recruits for whatever task I needed, you know, to achieve our big plan, but then my feelings got in the way. The more we talked, the more I started to like him, and so on. I’ve yet to reveal my true self to him, so I went on with a side story that I wanted to help those affected by the catastrophe by going on a mission to fight anyone who would bring harm to the victims. Long story short, I’m happy with him, and I intend to keep it that way at any cost, so for now our plan has to be called off.”

Flag Post

‘Bwaaaaaah?’ .
I am genuinely confused. How did she manage to fall in love with this guy so quickly, and why would she sacrifice a chance at demonic queendom for the sake of someone she can’t have met more than probably a day ago?
’It’s not been that long since you left me to my own demice, though… like, how did you two get together so quickly? It’s literally not been a very long time whatsoever! And why woul-’ .
I glance over at Desmond, suddenly self-conscious, and promptly lower my voice to a volume that has fewer… sound particles. Yes.
‘-why would you sacrifice demonic monarch-hood… is that the word? Queen-ness, then… in order to obtain someone whose personalitibily is probably able to be replicated in some other person who would support you in the world control stuff? Someone like that, yes.’ .

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

So a horde of demons just randomly appear just as I’m about to kick those Magus Mechanicle bastards’ asses. Well, ain’t that just fucking convenient. Dammit, I still want to vent some steam and blast things to pieces.

But at least we got out alive… Rose murmurs. I’m not sure if we could’ve taken them if…

Blegh. Whatever.

So now we’re in some forest that’s near where Caelum Fortis crashed. And the minotaur wakes up and asks “what happened” like an idiot.

“We escaped, obviously,” I snark at him.

Let me take over! Rose suddenly says urgently. I… I need to heal him!

I look at the minotaur’s missing horns and right arm. You ever regrown someone’s arm before?

I…

See, even you know how hard it’d be.

I know, but…

Oh, come on. Can’t we worry about this later? Like, you know, when we’ve found some safe place to rest?

I did stop the bleeding and close the wounds, so I guess…

Right. I look at the dragon who is now in human form again. “Hey, sexually indeterminate person! How long are you gonna keep talking?!”

Flag Post

Amie

“You got it all wrong. I’m not sacrificing anything, I’m intentionally giving it up. Look, the chemistry we had between us when we first met was unlike anything I’ve experienced before, and I mean that in a good way. He makes me feel different because he is different, and I want to do everything in my power to make him happy. I’m not sure when exactly I’ll tell him about my past and where I come from, but it’s way to soon to do it now, and I don’t want to jeopardize our relationship.”
I paused, and looked at Hephirix with pleading eyes.
“You’ll just have to trust me on this one.”

Flag Post

‘Uhhh… well, I-’ .
Then the sexualised person interrupts me. I look back at Miss Sexual Lady, and be annoyed at her.
‘I will talk for as long as I wish to put off introducing this… pretty lady to you and other people, whose company she may or may not appreciate. I don’t know who she will or won’t appreciate, you seeeeee. So basically, some time.’ .
I turn back to the… pretty lady. I will be honest with myself: I kind of want to shake her for being the dumb right now. Intentionally giving something up and sacrificing it are the same thing on the scales we have at this with the thing something bluh. But that doesn’t show on my face.
‘…okay. But did he tell you whether he was the shifterese yet? Because he might be.’ .

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“Well, you can fuck off then.” I’d beat the shit out of him, but we’ve got better things to do. “We don’t need you anymore.” I turn back to everyone else. “Okay, food and shelter. Just to be clear, who actually needs these? I don’t, not really.”

Flag Post

Amie

“Hey, uh… Your girl over there is leaving, are you sure you don’t want to go after her? She doesn’t look too happy and—”
I notice the look of indifference on his face.
“Never mind, back on topic. Desmond’s a shifter, or at least he used to be. He told me about a traumatic experience he had a long time ago that left him unable to use his main abilities. He can still practice basic healing, and manipulate water to an extent, but that’s about it. Something about that incident made him the person he is today, that much I can tell by looking into his eyes.”

Flag Post

Daryl McDowell

“Ooooooooooh, Touhou spellcard duel?” Daryl perks up, all three strands of idiot hair on her head sticking upright. “I wanna play too!” She swings her bardiche out in an unnecessarily dramatic circular motion. “人界剣「悟入幻想」!”
[“Jinkaiken ‘Gonyuu Gensou’”, or “Human Realm Sword ‘Delusion of Enlightenment’”, a spellcard belonging to the Touhou character Konpaku Youmu. I don’t know all that much about Touhou, so don’t violently murder me if I accidentally anything wrong.]

A wave of invisible energy radiates outwards from Daryll, coating the ground in a layer of nebulous pale blue energy. Elongated ellipsoids of the same pale blue energy, each around twice the size of a human head, begin to slowly rise from the cloud. At the same time, strings of massive spheres of red energy, each one the size of a whole person, sixteen spheres per string, are shot out from Darryl’s body. They proceed to vaporize the man’s ethereal glowing blue trees on touch, and fly around everywhere, and generally be ominous and dangerous-looking.

Flag Post

I don’t react to the Sexual Woman’s insults, being that doing so will probably make her more annoyed. And she seems like someone who is easily annoyed. Not like myself at all. As for the… pretty lady…
‘Okay, so he’s a shifter, but he can’t actually do the shifting…’ .
I rub the back of my head awkwardly.
‘…soooo doesn’t that technically mean he’s just a human, person, nowwww…?’ .

Flag Post

Amie

‘’Well, yeah, technically you can classify him as human, although I wouldn’t bring it up around him. Sometimes you have to be careful with certain topics, if you catch my drift.‘’
I was glad Hephirix was being so understanding of the situation, given his mental state and all.
’’Shall we get something to eat? I’m starving.’’

[I won’t be on for an hour or two.]

Flag Post

‘I consume the magic. Do you remember that I has the fire demon thing? You know, the one I fought at you with earlier?’ .
I transform into the fire demon form again, spinning for flair and effect. And to show off my highly androgynous body in this form, although the fire makes it difficult to tell.
‘I get free magic food in this form. But I can hunt for bears if requiremented.’ .
I return to my human form.
‘Oh, I forgot to mention to youearlierthatI’malsoadragonI’M GONNA GO HUUUNT for bears now goodbye everybody.’ .
I wander off in a forest-ward direction. Which is to say, a random direction, marked by a trail of not-spreading scorch marks that mark where I am the past me. Hah HAH. Take that, magic compasses.

Flag Post

Sophia

One of the man’s eyes widens slightly as he notices my transformation. Chuckling internally, I cast off the idea of explaining myself to him, allowing him to come to whatever amusing conclusions he may.

Soon, he tells me his name. That is, after a somewhat brief amount of hesitation and confusion. That would be a detail to add to my mental notepad. And then his hair turns white, the disturbing amount of reflected sunlight disappearing in turn. I grin silently and clearly as his hair transforms once again to a black tint.

“Mmhmm. Now then, shall we find something to do?” I ask, with a slight nod of my head.

Flag Post

Adrian

I hear the question and respond “I might need shelter, but the trees might be able to give me that for a while. For food, I think I can hunt. The birds here are told to wake hours before the ones on Utopia, so, I am good there.”

Even with the battle only a few minutes behind, weariness begins to set in, and I grow tired.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“I can just make myself look like a rock or something, so shelter’s no problem,” I say. “And I can just absorb energy from the air for food.” I look at everyone else. “But I guess I can hunt if you guys need some help?”

Um… Rose whispers to me.

…right, I sigh. Turning around, I take a good look at this “pretty lady” for the first time. Heh. She doesn’t look bad, but I look way more beautiful and sexy than her. You heard their conversation?

Most of it, yeah… Rose sounds a little guilty about eavesdropping. But seriously, don’t talk out in the open if you don’t want to be overheard! The, um, dragon implied that the woman is some sort of demon… queen…? Or something… And… We quickly share the details of the conversation. Hmm… That man, I wonder if I can help him…

Sure, we can try, but now isn’t exactly the right time. I walk up to the “pretty lady”, cross my arms, and look at her directly in the eyes. “So, now that the asexual moron is out of the way… Mind introducing yourself, ‘pretty lady’?” I end the sentence with a smirk. Shadowy bat-like wings grow out of my back, and my red eyes start giving off a little demonic glow.

Flag Post

Coal

“I should be fine with just water and a tree to sleep on.” I say in response to the Woman who’s name I had either forgotten or never learned. I stand up and begin searching for a water source. “Huh. That’s convenient.” I say when I find a river just a few meters away from our landing site. After drinking from the river I walk up to the nearest tree and sit down next to it.