[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 24

669 posts

Flag Post

Frostix
one of the girls walks up to me with a load of blades and asks who I am. Then a man says that I probably mean no harm so I quickly act to agree with him.
“Relax, he’s right, I mean no harm here. I was up north when I heard something,saw the city falling and so I walked here guessing it would crash near here and found you. By the way, I’m Frostix, otherwise known as Jack Frost.”I reply

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“So you’re here to watch us suffer too, huh?” I give the guy a hard glare. “Like the ‘pretty lady’ over there?” I raise my middle finger toward the general direction of that bitch Amintah. “Suit yourself.”

Lynn…

We’re in no mood for niceties and you know it, I say to Rose.

She lets out a heavy, shuddering sigh. Okay… Um, the minotaur person… He isn’t really a survivor from Caelum Fortis, is he…? He said…

Oh, right. I turn away from the random frost dude, toward the minotaur. “Hey, you. Sorry, never got your name. You weren’t from Caelum Fortis, are you?” I see his missing arm and horns and flinch a little. “Think you can take us to your blue dragon city? Then we can get some real food and shelter and maybe fix up your arm and horns.”

Flag Post

Adrian

Sleep. That is the thing I can’t get. Not only are the dreams at the moment to horrible to bear, but the people in this group have a big tendency to scream, or raise their voices.
Lynn.

I sigh in my ocelot state. I won’t get sleep, so I might as well not try. As the only other thing to do is talk, and I have to be human to do that, I transform. The Minotaur said his story, then Rosalynn did, so I might as well go next. “I”, I say, “am a normal guy from the slums. Had a … accident … killing my parents a while ago, so, I guess that was really the end of that, and I ended up here.”

Flag Post

Coal

“Yes I can take us there.” I say to the girl. "I need to figure out where we are now though. As for names mine is Coal.’

Flag Post

[Not sure if this game is still active, I hope it is, but if it is active, can you check the sign up thread?]

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“I’m Rosalyn Lightfell and – Hey, wait a minute. Didn’t I already introduce myself? Whatever.” I look up at the canopy above us. Okay, so we’re in a forest, and Coal has no clue where we are in relation to his city. “Want me to carry you up so you can take a look? I can fly.” I ask. Too bad the sexually indeterminate dragon person isn’t here, but who the fuck needs him/her anyways. Can s/he even hover?

Or, um, you could use telepathy to let him borrow our eyes, Rose suggests.

“…or I can connect our minds with telepathy to let you borrow my eyes,” I say. “You’ll see what I see, and all that. What do you say?”

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
‘I would prefer neither of those things, because then I would be deprived of the gain of income which helps me to sustain my life food source food. Also, there was a thing that I said that you could have taken to heart, but failed to do so. Apparently, you intend to keep not taking things to heart like that until an epiphany incurs itself at you.’

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
I slowly begin to clap as the song goes on, waiting until Daryl finishes before beginning to speak.
‘Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have our band’s newest keyboardist. Welcome aboard, Daryl!’
The nearest groupies and band members begin clapping. This is a pretty momentous occasion – after all, it’s not every day a new member joins the band. But now I’m curious about something.
‘So where’d you learn to play like that, then? I kind of want to go learn to do that myself.’
‘I invented it, desu!’ She looks at me with sparkling eyes.
‘What, the keyboard?’ I frown a bit.
‘Music!’
‘Wait, wait… you invented music?’
‘I did!’
‘You invented music. Really, now.’ My tone of voice enters the realms of the vaguely sarcastic.
‘B-But I really did, desu!’ She suddenly looks like she’s about to cry again. In the background somewhere, Jezzika faints for the second time today. Maybe she has a crush on Daryl’s saddened face or something. I myself am more directly preoccupied by the face in question, though, simply due to having a greater proximity to it.
‘Uh- I- um- D-Daryl, I, uh… yeah, no, okay, I’ll… accept that you invented music, I guess… that being said, though, do you have any favourite musicians and/or people who inspired you? I personally enjoy Gene Wriley – he’s a singer in a Utopian choir, nice powerful voice. Heard of him?’
Upon hearing the question she’s suddenly glowing, I mean almost literally. I gulp and mentally prepare myself for whatever she’s going to spout next.

Flag Post

Daryl McDowell

Daryl starts glowing. “Ooooh, ooooh! Favorite singer!” She says excitedly, almost jumping up and down. “Rina! Rina-chan is obviously the best ever, desu!”

“Rina? Pardon me for asking, but who is that? I’ve never heard the name.”

Daryll’s expression suddenly morphs into one of comical levels of outrage. “Youuuuuuuuuu! How could you have not heard of Rina-chan!” A series of words of that same strange variant of the Eastern language then rolls from the tongue again.

“…is she from the Eastern Kingdoms, or something? And, uh, could I have pictures of her?”

“Oh, here we go…” One of the band members says with a roll of his eyes.

A giant explosion of rainbow sparkles occurs. Immediately after, a full-sized hologram of a girl appears, surrounded by sparkles that are now predominantly purple and violet. She appears to be a perfectly normal human, around 18 years old, 165 cm tall with fair skin and a slender, perfectly proportioned figure. Her face is rather extremely pretty, with just a hint of Eastern features, long straight brown hair that goes past her shoulders, and bright violet eyes. The outfit she’s wearing is a somewhat tight-fitting sleeveless top and fingerless opera gloves, mostly made of some vaguely synthetic, slightly rubbery, futuristic-looking material. The outfit is mainly purple and white, decorated by a series of black lines and shapes that further reinforce the futuristic look. She wears a loose-fitting white miniskirt made of some indeterminate fabric, and thigh-high boots with two-inch heels, made of the same material as her top and with the same color scheme. Her right hand holds a microphone, and her left hand in a V-gesture to complement the wink and cute pose she is doing toward an invisible camera, a bright, cheerful smile on her face. The whole scene is frozen like some sort of three-dimensional photograph, and the characters “天音リナ” float behind her in some large purple stylized futuristic font.

But more noticeably, there is a pair of black feathery wings on her back, their base melding into the black lines on the girl’s costume. The wings seem to faintly shimmer, almost identical to Daryl’s wings when she took on that angelic form during her song. Most people would assume that those are the wings of a fallen angel, a variant of the angel species populating much of the Oversphere, but the girl’s wings seem somehow… different. Ethereal. Not entirely of this world. Upon closer inspection, her whole body seem to have the same otherworldly quality.

“There!” Darryl says enthusiastically. “Amane Rina! Sabrina Jennifer Adams! Recognize her now?” She fixes Saris with a stare.

[This is my character from another game of mine that I will remake some time in the future. As for why she’s mentioned here… That will become relevant eventually, if everything goes well. Her fake last name is made up of the Japanese characters meaning “sky” (天, “ama”) and “sound” (音, “ne”), while her first name is made up of the katakana “ri” (リ) and “na” (ナ). This naming scheme is similar to the most popular Vocaloids made by Crypton Future Media.]

Flag Post

Coal

“Alright. Use you’re telepathy and fly up and i’ll figure out where we are.” I say to Rosalyn

Flag Post

Nick

I drag my sword with me behind me, looking at the forest in the distance. Upon coming closer, I hear voices. I brought up my sword and hid behind a tree. I was a few feet away from a small group, watching them. They were talking about flying up to look around and borrowing eyes… weird. I wasn’t really sure if they were friendly or not. Maybe I should just jump in and ask who they are. If they attack me… well, I am a demon with wings after all. I could just crush their heads if they tried to attack me. Or roast them with fire from my hands. Or slice and dice them up! Yeah, that’s good. Okay. Let’s do this. I strapped my sword on my back and took a few deep breaths. I stepped out from behind the tree and slowly approached the group.

“Uhm…” I coughed to clear my throat. “Hey.” I tried to look chill and free of worry. “So, who are you guys and what are you doing here?”

I kept my hands ready, in case I needed to draw my sword.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“Hey, look, another random stranger,” I form the blades out of my hair and point them toward the person, each blade crackling with dark energy. “Why the hell should we answer to you, huh? Who the fuck do you think you are?”

Flag Post

Nick

“Woah, woah, missy, calm down. I’m just wondering why you’re here… sheesh. I’m just a wanderer… wandering. So… do you mind putting those hair-blades away?” I back up a little until my back hits a tree. I rest against it, examining the hair-blades.

Flag Post

Frostix
I see a man walk up to our group and once again the girl points her blades at him. This time I see that she uses her hair to do this, something that I hadn’t notice before. “Don’t worry, she did that to me as well, I think that she has something against wandering travellers. What’s your name?” I call out to him, hoping for a reply

Flag Post

Nick

I turn my head and see a blue man.

“I see… well, my name’s Nick. What’s yours?”

Flag Post

Frostix
“You can call me either Frostix or Jack Frost, I don’t really mind”

Flag Post

Nick

“Alright, Frostix, nice to meet you.”

I cross my arms and look around, spotting a few more groupies in the area.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“Okay, introductions over. If you two aren’t going to help us, go be buddies somewhere else and stop bothering us so we can focus on staying alive for another twelve hours or so. Or are you both just here to watch us suffer, huh?!” My fingernails all turn into black blades and I begin to wreathe myself in dark energy.

Flag Post

Nick

I turn my attention back at the living weapon in front of me.

“I’m not here to watch anyone suffer. In fact, I’m glad to offer you my help… if you ask nicely.”

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Lynn

“Help us, or don’t. I can do without begging for your pity, asshole.”

Flag Post

Nick

“Wow, feisty.” I pause for a bit before continuing. “Well… I guess I’ll help. Nothing better to do, anyway…” I grab my sword’s handle and pull it out, putting the edge of the blade on the ground. “Want do you want me to do?”

Flag Post

Frostix
“I never said that I wouldn’t help you and I want to help in any way that I can” I reply to the girl “I understand that you don’t need any-one else using up resources but don’t worry, I won’t need any food or drink apart from water” I continue.

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
…oh my God.
Oh my God, she’s gorgeous.
‘See, having got that image out, Daryl, he’s going to end up-’
‘Shush, please.’
My eyes flicker across her holographic body, scanning every individual inch of it. Wings, legs, face; nothing escapes my scrutiny, particularly the case as I walk slowly around the hologram in question, to make sure nothing escapes my view.
This is one image I intend to burn into my mind’s eye forever.
Time passes. After a second circling of Rina’s form, I feel as though she’s been scanned thoroughly enough for me to stop concentrating on her so intently. I perform another, faster circuit to make sure, then ask:
‘So does Rina here sing as well as she dresses?’
‘Do you want a demonstration? I can give a demonstration, desu!’ This draws my attention back to Daryl, who has literally started glowing with excitement. Caution might be a virtue in the current situation… but then, when am I going to get another video of someone as pretty as Sabrina Jennifer Adams here?
‘Of her singing? Yes, please.’

Flag Post

Daryl McDowell

“Yaaaaaaaaay!”

A super massive gigantic explosion of sparkles occurs, flooding the surroundings with so much multicolored light that everything else seems to blur away. When the light fades, everyone is apparently inside the same stadium where Daryl sung her own song. But this time, the “people” in the crowd don’t quite look like people anymore, a significant portion of them. And there are six people on the stage.

The one at the front and center is obviously Rina herself, still wearing that vaguely futuristic outfit and holding that microphone. A calm expression is on her face, as though she’s preparing to begin her next song.

The person standing to the right and a little behind Rina appears to be a young man of the same age as the girl. The style of his clothing is rather simple and casual, a T-shirt inside an open jacket, jeans, and sneakers. But the patterns and decorations on his clothes are quite elaborate indeed. The T-shirt is all black, with a large logo emblazoned at the front. The logo resembles heavily stylized wings, somewhere between feathery and bat-like but vaguely skeletal at the same time, flipped upside-down. It is mostly golden, strongly contrasting with the T-shirt’s dark black, with bits of red resembling both fire and blood. The open jacket surrounding the T-shirt is black too, but it is covered with so many lines and curves and other patterns resembling stylized fire, lightning, blades, wings, and various other abstract shapes, golden with bits of red like the logo on the T-shirt, that the jacket as a whole appears more golden than black. The boy’s jeans are plain and unmarked but deep, deep black, reasonably loose-fitting, held at his waist by a belt with a diamond-shaped golden metallic buckle. His sneakers are like his jacket, black but covered heavily in various stylized patterns of red and gold. His skin is lightly tanned, his body 170 cm tall and athletically built, hair brown, short but spiky, and his eyes are a piercing golden yellow almost too intense to be human. In his hands he holds an electric guitar, a sleek black instrument with wicked-looking edges that look almost like blades, covered sparsely in gold patterns similar to the boy’s jacket. Its seven metallic strings are a starkly golden color, similarly colored energies swirling and dancing along the strings. No visible cords connect the guitar to any amplifiers or other devices. If one is observant, one may notice that the guitar is in fact one and the same as the one Daryll seemed to have accidentally conjured during her initial meeting with Saris.

The third person stands behind Rina and to her left, a boy of the same age, 175 cm with a lean, somewhat skinny build, and slightly pale complexion. His hair is short but messy, and somehow a bright metallic silver color. His eyes are entirely obscured by a pair of opaque black sunglasses, even though the concert appears to be taking place at night. He wears what appears to be a leather biker jacket, pants, and motorcycle boots, but all are a metallic silver color similar to his hair, if somewhat darker, as though they’re made of some actual, impossibly flexible metal. But they also look somewhat like genuine leather, at the same time. He holds an electric guitar, albeit one more conventionally shaped compared to the one belonging to the other boy. The guitar shares the same silver and chrome look, painted with streaks of stylized blue and cyan electricity. Actual electricity of the same colors crackle along the instrument’s six silver strings. Like the other boy’s guitar, this one does not appear to be plugged in to any amplifiers.

Behind the silver-clad boy is another girl, this one short and petite and looking as though she’s from the Eastern Kingdoms. She has long, straight black hair, very neatly cropped, and deep black eyes. She wears a lightly pink kimono, decorated by cherry blossom petals of a more vivid pink, the robe looking as though it’s made of not silk but some soft, ethereal, faintly luminescent material. A small number of cherry blossom petals surround her, floating in midair, faintly glowing like her clothes. In front of her are no less than four electronic keyboards stacked on top of one another, though normal-looking ones with no apparent supernatural features like the boys’ guitars. Several of the girl’s cherry blossoms float just above some of the keyboards’ keys, as if ready to press on her command.

Directly behind Rina, though somewhat further back, is a very tall, muscular young man clad in some extreme Gothic punk style of clothing. A tight-fitting black leather vest covers his upper body, with a grinning red skull at the front, painted on with something that vaguely reminds people of fresh blood. His black leather pants are similarly tight-fitting, but ripped at various places as though by sharp claws and fangs. His shoulder pads, collar, armbands, wristbands, belt, and boots are made of some unknown black material, and decorated with vicious spikes that look like they’re made from bleached and sharpened bone. The whole outfit is cover at various places, especially the tips of the spikes, with something that looks like dried blood splatters. The boy’s hair is red, dyed redder than natural, shaved at the sides and done in a long and spiky mohawk that must require copious amounts of gel to maintain. Numerous piercings adorn his face, made of apparently bleached white bone that contrasts starkly against his tanned skin. There is a slight maniacal glint in his gray eyes. He holds a pair of drumsticks made of the same bone-like material, and sits in front of an elaborate drum set, the larger drums also seemingly bloodsplattered and painted with red skulls.

And the last one, a girl, just wears perfectly normal, reasonable everyday clothes. Blue jeans, and blouse in pleasing light red, green, and white. She’s just slightly shorter than the boy in the silver leather jacket, with a graceful but curvaceous build and health-looking tanned skin. Her slightly curly blond hair is done in a long ponytail, tied with some normal-looking strings, and her eyes are a vivid but normal shade of emerald green. She has this expression on her face that looks as though she should be exasperated with all those incredibly over-the-top costumes that everyone else has but has gotten used to them a long time ago. She holds a normal-looking red and white electric bass guitar, standing to the right of the drummer. The only thing that looks even remotely supernatural about her is that like the other two guitars, her bass guitar is not plugged into any amplifier or other device.

Rina gives a quick glance at everyone behind her, nods, and flashes a smile. The girl at the keyboard begins to play, quickly joined by drums, bass, then the guitars. And Rina begins to sing, and dance.

“La la la la la la la~”

[The English translation to the lyrics of the song she’s singing can be found here. Rina’s voice sounds similar to the singer in the video, except younger, I guess; the singer is 25 years old while Rina is 18. As for her dance, it’s probably something like this.]

Flag Post

Coal

“Alright then how about you two help us figure out where we are.” I say to the new party members.