[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 27

669 posts

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Let’s go.” I say charging Miss Rapier over here. I raise my saber to strike and strike, but she dashes to the right, I keep on swinging but she is always an inch away from my sword, “Stop. Fuckin’. Dodging!” I shout attacking without pause, on my 9th swing I lose my balance and she takes her turn. She thrusts the rapier at me but pauses for a second and I barely shift my stomach away from the pointy end of her weapon. We back away from each other before clashing swords, power struggle time! It seems like my strength is overpowering hers however our swords start glowing, my saber getting surrounded by a blue aura, her rapier red. A confused me gets a high kick to the face. I get up and look at my weapon, then hers, then mines, then hers, did we switch weapons?

She looks at her saber and changed it into a rapier, “You don’t even know the strength of your weapon, I would make a much more better owner of such an amazing thing.” I blink and there are now two of her, and now three. In a blink of an eye there are three of me too. My two clones charge while I stay back, something ain’t right here. I ready my lightning spell and aim my fingertips at the three guessing which one is the real one right before my spell goes off, a ripple the air catches my eyes and something forces my hand to point upwards, shooting the lightning at the branches above me. Suddenly Miss Rapier is in front of me, with a rapier heading straight into my stomach, this would be the end of me if it wasn’t for my armor. Shards surrounds my right fist and I punch her in the face, making her stagger backwards. An aura surrounds her and dashes to the left, then the right, then the left, she suddenly speeds up next to me and summons a magical spear, a length of shard empowered by a firebolt pops into my hand to match. I grab her hand that’s holding her spear at the same time, she grab my left hand which is holding my shard. We struggle to overpower each other until the shard in my hand explodes near both of our faces, careless little me kept on putting more and more fire magic into the shard the more I tried to overpower Miss Rapier.

The resulting explosion put me on the ground, my vision is all messed up and there is an ringing noise in my ears. My memory is all messed up as well. I see a lady on the ground next to me, a helmet seems to be retracting from her head, revealing blonde hair, I get a good look at her and she seems to look familiar.

“Hey, you okay?” I ask her as I shake her shoulder. A sword is next to her, it’s really thin, way more thinner than any sword should be, that sword is stupid, I don’t know why I dislike it so much, but I hate it. Stupid thin sword that glows red, the rapier next to it that is blue is awesome though! I’m taking it with me, yoink! The girl isn’t waking up though, “Hey, need help?” I ask trying to pick her up but failing, I bet that armor is weighing her down.

“Vinyl!” I hear a faint voice behind me. I drop the girl and look behind myself, a gray werewolf is running towards me, she picks me up and turns into a human. “We have to get out of here, NOW!” she’s holding a little girl with her, that’s sweet.

A magus jumped out of the treeline, “Hold up Victoria, I’m comin’!” He shouted. The wings behind him turned metal and steel talon sprang out at us. The lady turned into werewolf form and took the talons in the back.

“Posion.” The werewolf lady said handing off the girl to me. "Not letting me use my abilities. “Get Lavender out of here.” I start remembering and start running.

Okay, checklist. The girl I was fighting is down. I am holding Lavender. Pale Fang is dying. I am injured. There is a bad guy coming to finish us off. And I am running for my life. Shit.

I heard a werewolf roar in pain behind me and I didn’t look back.
[So yeah, Pale Fang fought David, it seemed like Pale Fang relied on either hitting without getting hit herself to use “Feral Rage” or get down on health to activate “Ancient Lycanthropy”. David’s “Poisonous Steel Talons” takes out Ancient Lycanthrophy’s effect, dulled her “Heightened Senses”, removed the effect of “Unnatural regeneration” temporary, and brought her “Enhanced speed and strength” back down. A couple round of poison later Pale Fang didn’t really have a fighting chance, the fact she had to protect Lavender as well only made the odds of surviving for her lower. And David still had 4 other spells (having magical wings was the first ability he had) to use.]

Flag Post

[You’ll notice, Behemoth and overfrost, that I didn’t actually say Phirix was eating any of the eyeballs. That was why I put the “destructo beam” thing in there – he’s using Reductor on them. Because quite frankly, going into melee at this point would be slightly suicidal.]

Flag Post

[Ups, sorry. Misunderstood. Editing it atm]

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
…ah. Well, I was trying to help destroy the beholders over there, but apparently, that’s not happening now. Not with this person in the way, threatening to kill me. That being said, if he’s willing to threaten the side that’s clearly not a horde of mookish people immediately after killing a member of the other team… well, he’s probably not too concerned with who gets out of this battle alive. Which means that, yes, he is entirely willing to kill me on the spot. Let’s see how I can convince him otherwise… I saw his dragon form looking at Daryl for what I assume was a moment longer than intended, which implies that, apparently, he’s no more immune to that weird aura of cuteness she’s giving out than anyone else. Or at least not completely immune to it. The truth of the matter, I suppose, then.
’I’m actually trying to defend the vampire girl. She’s a member of my band, very new, and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t kill me and my group needlessly in order to protect her from people who aren’t trying to harm her.’

Flag Post

[Bumping the thread by request.]

Flag Post

Christopher Athánatos

“I see,” I reply. “Then-”

Before I can finish, a thick beam of black energy messily blasts a hole through my chest from behind. Letting out a growl of pain, I turn my head back 180 degrees, neck bending in an unnatural angle that would kill most humans, until I’m looking at the attacker. It is a particularly large beholder, its spheroid body almost as wide as a man is tall, its whole body black and covered in spikes as well as eyestalks and tentacles. Have those things been interbreeding with demons or something?

“Christopher!” Rosalyn cries out. At first she tries to rush to my aid. But the eyebeams of several beholders force her to stay behind, blocking the beams with her body and preventing them from striking the vampire girl.

“Relax! You think it’s that easy for vermin like them to kill me?” I bark out a harsh laugh; the hole in my chest has already healed. My whole body promptly dissolves into a cloud of shadowy wisps mingled with faint yellow light. Having transformed into a wraith, I let out a ghostly hissing wail before moving at lightning speed to plunge into the beholder’s body, possessing it, overwhelming its consciousness. Trembling and screaming, the creature has no choice but to obey my commands as I maneuver its body into shooting eyebeams at its peers. After killing several other beholders, I drain the one I am possessing of all life energy, killing it almost instantly. Then I move on to another. These monsters aren’t enough to refill my power completely, but at least it’s something.

[Wraiths and ghosts in general can have pretty much any color or combination of colors. It’s determined by the ghost’s personality and such.]

[I’m not in the mood to parse fights, so make up your own fights. Or better, parse each other’s fights or something. And don’t just go around dodging or tanking everything; you guys aren’t all invincible ninjas made of indestructonium.]

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

Phew, Christopher is okay… I should have known better, considering his incredible regenerative ability. But I still can’t help but to worry… And those beams! Some of them are shot directly at me, but many of them are from the crossfire between the beholders and the group of people who are here to protect the vampire girl, if the winged man can be trusted…

I block a couple of fiery beams with a metallic feathery wing. They sting a little. A glob of red slime then splashes onto the wing, sizzling, which stings a little more. I think about hurling more spikes at the beholders, but my body trembles. I really don’t want to kill, or even harm…

Come on! Don’t chicken out on me! Lynn shouts.

Y-Yeah… I shake my head. Turning back, I look at the vampire girl. Her terrified expression makes me want to help and protect her, but it also fills me with uncertainty. What if I’m not strong enough, not good enough…? “It’s… It’s dangerous to stay in one place,” I say shakily. “We should k-keep moving…” I offer her my trembling right hand.

“O-Okay…” Her hand grasps mine. Her wings, those strange wings that look like they shouldn’t be able to support flight at all, begin to flap, and she begins levitating. She must be using some kind of magic…

But no time to wonder about that now. My own wings flap, and we both float off the ground. A stray ice beam heads our way, but I deflect it with a silvery shield made from strands of my hair. A couple of beholders lunge at us, but I cut off a few of their tentacles with flicks of blades, wincing as I do so; hopefully this will discourage them from attacking without killing them…

“Kyaaaa!” The vampire girl screams. Another beam of that strange rainbow energy shoots out from her, burning straight through a beholder’s central eye, likely killing it.

Hey, wait a minute… Lynn mentally frowns. She isn’t as helpless as she looks, is she?

Apparently not… From that attack alone, the vampire girl can definitely hold her own in a fight. So why…? Maybe she’s just scared by the large number of monsters? “Hey, y-you okay?” I ask despite the doubt that is beginning to form in my mind.

“Y-Yeah…” She half sobs, half gasps. Then she points a shaky finger at the shirtless winged man who was talking to Christopher earlier. “S-Saris… He can h-help…”

“All right…” I begin to head toward their direction.

Flag Post

Coal
A blue beam hits me in the back and a ball of yellow slime is shot at my feet. Two beholders were attacking me at the same time. The one in front of me begins rushing forward, intending to kill me. The one in the back just keeps firing that beam at my back. When the first beholder gets close enough I grab him and throw him behind me. The second beholder stops firing its beam when it sees its companion. “S-ss-so c-c-c-cold.” I say. “H-h-how the h-heck was th-that s-s-so c-cold! I HAVE F-F-FUR!” Enraged I pick up the first beholder and begin using it as a weapon to beat the second beholder. After a few seconds a red beam is fired at me followed by a yellow beam. “HOW MANY OF THESE THINGS ARE THERE!?”

Flag Post

coughcoughlookatthesignupthreadretardcoughcough

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

[It’s not good to call the GM a retard, you know.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:
Originally posted by efar:

[It’s not good to call the GM a retard, you know.]

impatience is a virtue

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
Aaaalright, looks like Daryl is okay for the moment. In that case, I’d better start organising my group, who seem to be firing randomly into the mess of beholders, rather than focusing fire like smart people. I mean, a number of them are; some have gotten into groups, mostly those surrounding… one of the dragons in my collection of groupies, actually. Good for her. But that one group is large enough, I think, so I head over there, dodging around opposing fire as appropriate and hitting one of the nearby beholders with an Aria, dissolving its flesh somewhat rapidly, and eventually reach the group in question. Picking out five or six from that group, I designate one of the dullahans present as the leader-slash-spotter of the group, and tell them to target enemies based on her orders. One group formed… more to go, I guess. Next target for eadership… let’s go with the tall guy with blue hair and, uh, transluscent skin who’s engaging in melee combat with the beholders. I don’t think he’s in my group, so maybe I can convince him to be friends or whatever, to assist with diplomacy at a later date. I promptly head over to his location, enacting more dodges and Arias, plus a few energy drains, until I reach him in the process of trying to hack up a seemingly quite tough beholder. A loud shriek to stun the target, and it is paralysed with fear for just long enough that the guy can hack it in half. And then he turns to me, understandably somewhat annoyed that I banshee-screamed practically into his ear.
‘So hi there. Apparently, I’m choosing you to be a group leader for a, uh… group. To fight the beholders, in a more focused manner. You mind doing that?’

Flag Post

Frostix
One of the people that we are helping comes up to me as I’m attacking the monsters, he askes me to lead a group to focus attacking the monsters.
“Of course not but why me?” I ask him, trying not to touch his skin

Flag Post

Adrian

[I love unexpected not-down-time. It interrupts forums, ’n-stuff]

We stop. I wasn’t really paying attention to anything but the scenery – I had never seen something like this from even this close – but now my attention snapped back to Rosalyn. I don’t really know how much of the conversation I missed, but I think Rose thinks there is some commotion down below.

The dragon Flies down to the treeline, and wondering what exactly is going on, I jump into the nearest tree. I land on a solid branch. About one second later, it hits me how lucky I was right there, not to miss anything unimportant.

I quickly look around and see several… It takes me a few moments to figure out what they are… Floating eyeballs? With smaller eyeballs and tentacles and things.
I remember there was a name for these, but not one that I could put a finger on right now.

I shift immediately, and noting the fight with Rose that one of the things is having, I attack the smallest one. Which does not seem to be looking at me until I fall on top of him. I immediately slice one of its numerous tentacles off. It throws me back and turns. The remaining tentacles swing around to peer at me. They give me a weird impression that they resent my being, not just because I had hurt them, but because. . . some dark feeling. The feeling I got was so overwhelming that I stood, paralyzed, so much so that I barely noticed when the full giant eye was looking at me.

I see that its irises are black, and its pupils are even darker. It shot a black laser at me, and thank the gods I was able to dodge the laser. It destroyed everything it touched. I saw immediately that fighting the thing’s main eye was a losing proposition, and I began to flank the thing. It didn’t turn as fast as I could run, but the things secondary eyes did. They began to lob green, yellow, and red goo at me, which, while unnerving, was not that bad. Some of the yellow stuff landed in front of me, and my paw got stuck when trying to bound over it.

The yellow goo didn’t hurt me much, it just stuck me to where I was. Which, as I knew, in a fight was the same thing. I had to unstick myself, and I couldn’t think of a better way to do it in the half second I had. I ripped my leg as hard as I could, and it came free. The absence of force from my foot made me lose balance, and I tumbled for a few meters. Which, as it turns out, was a good thing, because the eyes had just started to launch more of those black lasers at me, or, where I was.

I began to sprint around the thing again, wary of those slime ball goo things it was throwing. I timed my approach to the moment, and got on top of the eye thing while the smaller eyes were recharging. I clawed one of the eyes off, and jumped before the other could nail me at point blank range. There were only three left. I ran back to a decent range, and got ready to pounce on the thing again. I was a bit careless, though, and one of the eyes hit right beside me with a red slime ball, and some of it splashed onto me, racking that side in pain, and what felt like burns.

Again I was able to outcircle the massive eye, and dodge the balls of goo, and I pounced onto the thing again. Feeling braver this time, I not only sliced off one smaller eye, but I bit off the second of three. This time, the eye thing shuddered, in a form that mentally disturbed me. I jumped off again, for fear of it’s last eye. From here though, it was an easy fight. Only one glob throwing eye didn’t get to me. I quickly got back on top and cut the last of the small eyes off.

I dug my claws into the soft flesh of the remaining big eye, and braced myself, in case it tried to throw me off.

Sure enough, it did, and I was ready, with my claws centimeters into the thing. The more it thrashed, the more my claws dug in, and the more it was hurt.It began to move towards a tree, maybe to scratch me, but I was faster. Once it had stopped thrashing, I had begun to slice and dice the thing into oblivion. It did manage to throw me off twice more, elongating our melee for a few moments while it tried to laser me, and I dodged, circled, and got on top again.

I finished in a few minutes. I looked around more closely, and stopped, midlook, to rest my eyes on this weird, cute, strange-looking, cute, cute individual. The indifferent look I had on my face melted as I shifted back to human form, and a smile appeared on my face. How could anyone be sad or mad with this cute person here?

Flag Post

Ka’Eth

After dodging, rolling and sometimes bumping beholders, I morph myself into a wheel and start running against the creatures, impacting them and squashing the small ones. While I gain momentum, I start losing control and I end up hitting a big rock near and bounce off in direction to a group of beholders, a winged man and a transluscent guy. Some beholders start firing beams and slimes at me, most of them blue. I’m going too fast for the slimes to touch me and, if they do, they end up squashed in the floor. But the cold beams make my cover solid and unables me to control the direction. “Crap, it will take some minutes before the obsidian turns liquid again. Hope they are able to dodge me”

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
‘Awesome. Give me a moment.’
I gather up the five nearest allies who aren’t already grouped up, moving them so they’re all near this guy.
‘So as the leader, mister person guy, you need to be the target spotter so that everyone in this group of five can focus fire and take out the beholders much faster than before. By the way, I didn’t get your name. I’m Saris Kataras, and you are…?’

[EDIT: 666th post in the thread. Yeeeee satan.]

Flag Post

Frostix
“My name is Frostix but you still need to answer my question: why do you think that I’ll be able to lead these people?” I ask Saris

Flag Post

Saris Kataras
‘Oh, uh… you seem like a leaderly person, is all. You can totally fob the duty off to someone else in the group if you want, I’m not stopping you. Just do it before we all get fried by beholder attacks, is the thing.’

Flag Post

Frostix
“Whatever, those in my group follow me but don’t touch my bare skin” I reply and then I walk to a small group of beholders, to see how powerful my groupees are