[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 4

669 posts

Flag Post

[I present to you the mandatory back-story post!]

Rae Grimfeld

I finish up some final preparations, sheathing my magical dagger and placing equally-magical pistol in its holster, leaving my variety of charged mana-batteries in various pockets and straps across my body, leaving one charged with my own light-magic inside the pistol: bags are bulky and impractical.

I take a moment to contemplate just how wonderful it will be to finally leave this hell-hole behind. The philosophies of the people here are almost universally naive, and it’ll only be a matter of time before somebody figures out that the magical tattoo-type-thing engraved on all initiates is missing. From what I figured, the thing also had some sort of enchantment on it that might allow them to track me, and I can’t have that.

The spell was easy to reverse-engineer and then remove: fun, even. Although I can only take guesses in the dark regarding why on Earth they felt the need to secretly have some sort of enchantment on all their subjects. However, that’s not at all relevant any more as I’m about to go steal the prototype to some sort of secret project and run off with it.

My goal is to learn about the soul, in pursuit of greater knowledge. A mysterious, previously in-quantifiable, entity which is the source of all magic exists in every human. Though the existence of the soul has been known since an immeasurable amount of time ago. knowledge of it has almost always been limited. In addition to being the source of magic: about one thousand years ago, somebody created the polymorph spell: a spell which everybody who doesn’t live under a rock knows as the reason why there are such bizarre creatures in the world at the moment. The spell, apparently, transforms its caster into a creature based on something in the soul.

Though at one point, no doubt, the inventor of the polymorph spell had to have known very much about the soul for his spell to be made possible at all: that knowledge was lost over four-thousand seasons, and an incredibly large number of days and nights. The soul is an incredibly important component in everything which shapes our world, as it is, and whatever the knowledge of it may hide: I want it.

The prototype which I’m about to steal, although I have not been exposed to specific details, has everything in the world to do with the soul. Regardless of what that everything may be, it probably won’t be too difficult to make it work for what I want it to. I need it to give me a way to observe the soul, directly.

Flag Post

[Goddammit, IE! That’s supposed to be a secret! Quick, remove it before anyone sees!]

[To everyone else, DO NOT READ THE FIRST POST OF PAGE 4 IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED!]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[Goddammit, IE! That’s supposed to be a secret! Quick, remove it before anyone sees!]

[To everyone else, DO NOT READ THE FIRST POST OF PAGE 4 IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED!]

[It’s kind of late for that; although, I honestly have no idea what I just spoiled for myself.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

I don’t get it, maybe I should read it over again.

EDIT1: Aww shit.
EDIT2: Still don’t get it.

Flag Post

[Don’t get it? GOOD. Now please DON’T DIG FURTHER INTO THIS. Pretend nothing happened then.]

Flag Post

[Damn, so it’s the true mechanic for the spell? I thought the spell directly changes one’s soul, or else the premise “shifters are strictly non-human” would not sound right.]

[I think Blood-Shadow is actually referring to the prototype of the Mechanicle, and the conspiracy thereof.]

Flag Post

[No longer a spoiler so much as some sort of weird foreshadowing.]

[Although now Devourer is going to figure out what it is that was spoiled when he reads it again.]

[Well, sorry Devourer. For once, I hope that you’re too dumb to figure something out. And believe me, I hate dumb-ness.]

[I’m off for tonight, time for sleepas.]

Flag Post

[Stop discussing this, please. Otherwise you will be mauled by the uber hybrid monster that will cause that floating city to crash. If you want to know what has been spoiled, PM me; I’ll tell you in secret.]

[And no more OOC for now.]

Flag Post

- – -

{ Ninja’d?? }

{ Also, I is get it. How does no one else understand what is clearly laid out here? }

Flag Post

[I is kind of waiting for your response, Sierra.]

[Also, Mark, it’s a good idea to read all posts by Blood_Shadow and JohnSolaris, as they will be important.]

A really long time ago

“Um… Er… Uh…” The young boy stammered, his once-fluent tongue having seemingly stopped working.

“Are you Daddy’s new apprentice?” The young girl asked. Her voice was like that of an angel. Her appearance was just as breathtaking, if not even more so. Her perfect face, her flowing dark gold tresses, and her heterochromatic eyes, the left a fiery ruby and the right a bright sapphire, captivated the boy unlike anything before. Her skin was slightly pale, as if it hadn’t seen too much sunlight, but it detracted nothing whatsoever from her heavenly beauty. “My name is Silvia. What’s your name?” She smiled, and the whole world seemed to light up.

“Uh… C-C-C-Christopher,” the boy stammered, face burning a furious red.

“Nice to meet you, Christopher!” The girl smiled again sweetly, nearly causing the boy’s heart to skip a beat. “I hope we’ll become good friends!” She held out a delicate, slender hand.

“Y-Y-Yeah…” The boy took her hand, shaking and almost dying from happiness.

Christopher Athánatos

…what was that? The fragment of a long-forgotten memory from a previous incarnation? It seemed to be from so incredibly long ago… It doesn’t matter. One cannot bring back the past, no matter how he may try.

As I rise from my little nap, I realize that I have been picked up by some human with blue hair. Hmm, such a hair color is rare among humans, but quite common among some Shifter species… He appears young, but I feel a strong magical power from him. The voices whisper that while he is unaware, I will be able to kill him easily, but I push them away. Best to warn him against automatically picking up every large shiny object he encounters in a forest.

“Did you honestly not find it suspicious that a large diamond is simply lying there in the forest soil?” A dry, sarcastic voice rings out from my diamond form. “Why haven’t you bother to check that it may be magical or, perhaps, alive? Such carelessness may result in a brutal and unfortunate end someday,” my voice turns bitter and mocking at that last sentence.

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but I have to quit this RP due to lack of time and(no offense) lack of interest.

Flag Post

[No wonder why I have to drink my cup of coffee for one whole day.]

Flag Post

{ Dawn } Magi of the Shadows

I could hear clear voices now, piercing through the cotton in my head. Everything was still a blur, but I managed to open my eyes. It was hard to do anything because my mental state seemed to be confused. I noticed the outline of two people. They both seemed friendly. With a deep breath, I sat up wards and closed my eyes, trying to catch my own bearings. “Ermm…. I’m okay,” I mumbled, assuming that was what was asked. I felt a nice aura wash over me, and after a few moments of letting it wash over me, I opened my eyes again to see two worried faces. Seeing that one is a girl, I look to her and her white dress. “Erm…Are you a shifter?” I shouldn’t have asked, but who’d wear a white sundress when it is this cold outside? Regardless, I judged by heart and soul, not appearance and race. So, either way, she seemed to be a really nice person. “A-are they gone?” I couldn’t let that guy with the blade be around.

{ Since Helltank is quitting, I is kill soon. }
{ I is sorry for slow response, bro. }
{ For some reason, two sentences got cut from the middle of this… 0.o? }

Flag Post

Nihil

When I am drinking my coffee, I still take notice of the people outside.

However, I blink, and then the “robbers” are gone. Disappeared. Vanished. Without a trace.

Then, two people approaches the fainted girl. They seem to let out a healing magic.

“Damn, just missed a chance to save the damsel in distress,” I speak to myself with rage.

I leave the shop silently. I am just a person like this, mad, but without courage.

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
Well, there’s a hole in the ground now. It’s filling with molten earth, but it’s there. And I totally got that… pretty lady in her stupid shoulder.
I dislike that shoulder. Even if it is relatively pretty.
I must destroy it.
I form a fair number of Deathpyre constructs above the ground. They’re basic fireballs, really – nothing fancy, other than their homing capabilities and non-explosiveness so they don’t get tricked out into self-destruction when they are inevitably out-maneuvered into hitting the ground somehow, regardless of their actual turning circle. Oh, and their ETERNAL BURNING. HA HA. But that was always there. Have they started to fly at the… pretty lady yet? I think they have. Yep, they sure have.

Flag Post

Amintah

“You can’t be serious…”
Reacting quickly to the fireballs flying at me, I jump up into the air to avoid them. They miss me by mere inches, and I break into a full sprint once I’m on the ground again. Looking back was not an option; I didn’t need another reason to slow me down. I could feel the heat increasing behind me, and I throw myself on the ground to avoid them just in time.
Who knew how much longer I could keep this up, but at least the pain was numbing down.

Flag Post

[Wait, who’s the second person with Dawn?]

Rosalyn Lightfell

Eh…? How did she know that I’m a Shifter…?

Maybe she, I dunno, saw our wings and tail and everything? Lynn suggests.

But she just regained consciousness… So either she’s incredibly skilled at sensing someone’s nature, or… Maybe it’s my dress? It’s awfully chilly here, I think, by human standards, though it doesn’t affect me; maybe it’s because I’m wearing this dress in such a cold weather…? But, well… She doesn’t seem to have anything against Shifters, so…

“G-Gone?” I ask, nervously, while continuing to heal the woman. Her tone is making me worry… “Who… Who are you talking about? The people… or creatures that did this to you?”

[Helltank’s character will be modkilled when the floating city crashes. It won’t be a humiliating death though, as he hasn’t broken any rules.]

Flag Post

Hah. HAHAHAHAH. She’s going to die. I’m about to kill her. She will… she’ll be… uh…
…why did I want her dead again?
…oh, damn it all. I erase the fire constructs, then move out of the hole and return to a more human form whilst yelling ‘Wait, WAIT, time out! Stop the fight-dodging!’ Here’s hoping she doesn’t do anything stupid.

Flag Post

(I’ll post soon but I’ve been really busy lately, when I have time to post a good post I will)

Flag Post

A couple months ago
I see something in the distance it’s red rock, “a ruby? Out here? Maybe it’ll fetch a nice price some day.” I say to myself as I walk up to the ruby, as I get closer, I find out there are many pieces of what seemed like a huge ruby scattered around, as I stopped to take note of this, all of the ruby pieces drew together, making a huge golem, we made eye contact for a little before I took out my sword. “At least you don’t breathe fi-” a shard pops up from the ground, shielding me from the golem’s fire breathe, “Yeah, I call bullshit.”

Vinyl
I chuckle, “Maybe one day, but not today.” I say to the diamond as I’m walking, “either way, I’m still trying to figure out if this is all real, or if I’m just freaking out. Either way, I have no way of figuring out you were magical slash alive, I’m also pretty sure if you were going to attack me, we’d be fighting right now.” I start humming a little, “so mister diamond, what’s your name?”

Flag Post

Amintah

“So it’s been you all along? I should have figured as much…”
Wait. If I act out against him, who’s now looking more like a her, I’ll get severely burned. Time to change my strategy.
Shifting to my human form, I smile sweetly. “Glad to know I’m not the only one who thinks this fight is a waste of time. We should team up instead, I’m sure we’ll be an unstoppable force.”
I kept eye contact while feeding her such nonsense, hoping she wasn’t strong enough to break my trance. If she was hooked, I could easily push her on the ground and devour her.

Flag Post

{ I fail. }

{ Dawn } Magi of the Shadows

I felt extremely thirsty. My mouth was dry, but I focused on her words. “Y-yeah. A Magus who looked like he was a fuzzy fail. And uh…. this other guy…. With a… purple…. sword-y…….. thingy…” My words came slowly. I couldn’t speak well, it was hard to focus. I was still feeling the effects of this mental attack.

Flag Post

Nihil

Trying to forget the encounter, I walk into the office of my company, and the staff just tell me one thing:

People up there need me to head to the headquarters. ASAP.

Okay. Fine. I return the wagon to my company, and then I take a faster transportation. Seriously, why don’t the Utopia just sprinkle some more portals onto the city? Maybe it uses up much energy, but I heard that the Magus Mechanicle did so! Now, we just have those so-called portal stations around the city. Sometimes, if it’s lucky, I can just change portals within the same area, but most of the time, I will need to traverse across the whole city. Who think this sh*t up?

Finally, I arrive at the headquarters. One I am in, the people there start to tell me a great secret.

Flag Post

‘Haaah. HAHAHAHA. I was going to say to you, "I’m sorry that we fought, let’s be friends" in a super calm way, but now I don’t want to because I think that YOOOOOU.’ .
I hold my tongue for a moment, wondering if she’s trying to do… something or other to me. Some kind of anti-magic magic? No… I’m alright for the moment, then.
‘…were getting your… pretty lady backside nearly killed by me. Mississ… pretty lady. WHY DO YOU…’ .
…ohmigod my arms are going all kinds of crazy right now. Like, they’re flailing all over the place with the weird flail-y movements. It’s crazy as hell, and distracting me from her delicious sexy eyes. Her eyes are the sexiest part of her, I think. The rest of her is just… pretty lady level nice-looking. I want to turn her eyes into people and eat them separately from the rest of her. That would be a treat for my internal organs; I haven’t eaten anything even vaguely sexy for two and a sixth months. One swoop, if you will. Yes.

Flag Post

Blood_Shadow, can I just put in a request for my character’s death.

When the floating city crashes, one of the buildings topple. Cogito dies saving a shifter child from the falling building. The child survives, but Cogito is crushed and dies.

His last words are “Was… that gir… right about…. Shifters?” which is a reference to Dawn saying that Shifters and Beasts can be innocent.