Are You Smarter Than An FGFer?[ROUND 2:RPs] page 2 (locked)

56 posts

Flag Post

Deadline is in 24 hours, by the way.

Flag Post

Even though I am not in the game, (Missed sign ups, people y u join b4 me) Question 7 really depends if your host is Bluji or not ;P

Flag Post

No. Question 7 is a standard test of whether you know the full mafia rulebook.

Flag Post

Lolol, got #7 now. Thought it was some obvious question.

Flag Post

Everyone looses :D

Flag Post

Wait- am I even in this? I ninja’d heltank so I am, right?

Flag Post

Could I be a reserve? I totally missed this, and as I’ve been here I while I reckon I could be quite good.

Flag Post

S_98 and Mysterymason are reserves.

Flag Post

B-b-b- but I nin-
Bu-bu- I sen-
But- but- you didn’t say-
But I thought-
But you were-
But everyone-
But- You- They- I- It-
So unfair. ;_;

Flag Post

I wanna be a reserve tehn D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

B-b-b- but I nin-
Bu-bu- I sen-
But- but- you didn’t say-
But I thought-
But you were-
But everyone-
But- You- They- I- It-
So unfair. ;_;

Very RESERVE SIGN unfair!

Flag Post

This is the punishment for being a ninja! Hah!

On the other hand, I’ll give you a Golden Seat on the Are You Smarter Than An FGFer II, meaning that you are guarunteed a space on the signs.

Jask and djrockstar are reserves.

Flag Post

Ouch. I wouldn’t have known that you were planning to post it right before me…

But okay. I’ll take it. Just give me my scores for this round, please?

Annd I’ll be off on my way…
Wait… why can’t you let us all into this one? I mean unless you have a special elimination planned, I don’t see how 12 differs from 15.

Flag Post

Actually, why not. S_98, Jaskaran, djrockstars and mysterymason are now allowd to post their answers.

Flag Post

Thanks helltank!

Flag Post

Nah, I’d rather be reserve, but thanks for the generosity :P

Flag Post

Round 1 has ended!

Answers:

1)Both a mafia and a werewolf have a “town faction”, a faction comprising the majority of the players, and a “scum faction”, a smaller faction. In a mafia, this “scum faction” always has 2 or more people in it. In a werewolf, the scum faction only has 1 person.

2)A bandwagon is a situation in which a large number of players vote for a single person.

3)A scumwagon is a situation in which the scum faction tries to start or maintain a bandwagon on a person they know is in the town faction.

4)The vanilla townie dies.

5)It is known as “Happily Ever After”. The answer “Win for Mafia” is also accepted as the issue is under debate, with people not knowing if the Mafia win or if nobody wins.

6)The town will lose, the mafia and the survivor will win.

7)Player X will be lynched.

8)They think that Player Y is attempting to start a quick scumwagon on whoever Player X has voted. Other answers that are logically sound(eg. they think that the town should not start a bandwagon so early) wl be accepted.

9)They suspect the player that the Cop has declared a mafia member was a Miller. The answers “They think that the Cop was Insane” or “They think that the Cop was Paranoid” are accepted.

10)The vanilla townie.

-

Explanations:

1)Many people seem to think the difference is theme-based. It is not.

2)Many people seem to think that a bandwagon is mostly comprised of “mindless sheep” or that it has no logical reasoning behind it. This is untrue. If a confirmed cop states that a player is mafia, and people bandwagon that player, then there is solid reasoning behind the lynch.

3)Most people got this one correct. The name gives it away.

4)Many people think that the doctor will protect the vanilla townie. However, something that most people don’t know is that a doctor can only protect from 1 NK per night. If 2 NKs are directed at the same person, the doctor can only protect from the first one and the second one will pass through and kill the target.

5)Happily Ever After is a well-known phenomenon in which a game cannot progress. Some hosts declare that if the mafia comprises half the town, the mafia wins, so this can be interpreted as a mafia win.

6)Most got this one correct. It’s mostly to test whether you know the rather obscure survivor role and to see if you remembered to add that the survivor wins when calculating who wins and who loses.

7)Lots of people said Player Y. In a standard mafia game, when a majority of the town(6 people in this case) votes for one person, the game immediaetly goes into Twilight Phase and no votes or unvotes are counted until the mod comes on and posts the death scene.

8)This is to test if you know the common scumtell of trying to start a bandwagon early. Most got this correct.

9)This is to test if you know the Miller role and/or Cop sanities. Lots of people thought that the player outed by the cop was a Jester of Mime. Please be aware that this is a confirmed cop and thus he would have no reason to lie in order to fulfill a third party’s win condition as he is town aligned.

10)Game theory states that the correct way to play is for the mafioso and serial killer to target each other, resulting in a crosskill that leaves only the townie standing at the end of the night.

-

Any questions or requests in regard to your score and whether I marked your answer correct or wrong can be stated in this thread and I will consider it.

So far:

Pulsaris-8 points
S_98-7 points
Mysterymason, JaumeBG-6 points
SilverEvil, sierrasama, devourer359-5 points
MaistlinRajere-4 points
Arkenarken-3 points
djrockstar, DragonArcherZ, REALinsanemonkey, therealsirmark4, Zzip50, Woon1957-0 points

Flag Post

Round 2 has started!
1)What is godmoding?
2)What is a character sheet?
3)Some people prefer not to fill in the “Biography” section of their character sheet. Why is this?
4)What is a Mary Sue?
5)Player X and Player Y are having an argument about one of Player X’s posts. The host tells Player X to edit his post, however, the rules of the RP state that Player X’s post is valid. According to Rule 0, who is correct?
6)Why do most FGF Hosts make it a rule that players cannot have their characters fight each other?
7)In an RPG, do the majority of people post in first person, third person or second person?
8)In an RPG, there is a very powerful boss monster. One of player posts “after a long and difficult battle, I defeat the boss monster with my powers”. The host tells him to edit that post. What may be one reason the host told him to edit it?
9)An FGFer posts in the signups thread of an RPG that he will not join the RPG because the host has made a Player Character(that is, non-NPC). Why could be a possible reason?
10)Is it true that al the Player Characters in an RPG have to travel together and not seperately?

Deadline is in 24 hours

Flag Post

Any questions or requests in regard to your score and whether I marked your answer correct or wrong can be stated in this thread and I will consider it.

Could I get a list of the questions I got wrong/correct?

1)Both a mafia and a werewolf have a “town faction”, a faction comprising the majority of the players, and a “scum faction”, a smaller faction. In a mafia, this “scum faction” always has 2 or more people in it. In a werewolf, the scum faction only has 1 person.

1)Many people seem to think the difference is theme-based. It is not.

Please present to me where you found a concrete definition of “werewolf”. Also present where you found a concrete rule about the number of scum in a game of “mafia”.

However, something that most people don’t know is that a doctor can only protect from 1 NK per night.

the game immediaetly goes into Twilight Phase

While I realize that this is the “typical” configuration, doesn’t this depend completely on the host? I’m accept that the answers are based off of standard rules, but perhaps you should have mentioned that somewhere.

It is known as “Happily Ever After”.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find this term?

They suspect the player that the Cop has declared a mafia member was a Miller. The answers “They think that the Cop was Insane” or “They think that the Cop was Paranoid” are accepted.

But aren’t there more possibilities than this?

Flag Post

There are. However, no such possibility was presented to me, so I’ll just give the model answer and leave it at that.

All role definitions and the mafia rulebook is taken from mafiascum.net, which is what bluji, racefan etc. use to run their mafias.

EDIT:You got questions 1, 2, 4, 7 and 9 wrong.

Flag Post

So, am I getting that correct/incorrect list?

Edit: Never mind, ninja’d.

Werewolf.

Nowhere does the link state this.

5)It is known as “Happily Ever After”. The answer “Win for Mafia” is also accepted as the issue is under debate, with people not knowing if the Mafia win or if nobody wins.

Happily Ever After

As shown in the url, that’s what I typed in, yet the situation isn’t the result that I got.

There are. However, no such possibility was presented to me, so I’ll just give the model answer and leave it at that.

I assume that I was confused about the wording then. By not voting, did you mean the time of the claim or the entire day?

Edit2:

EDIT:You got questions 1, 2, 4, 7 and 9 wrong.

Time to debate like a picky asshole. Excuse me, please.

2)A bandwagon is a situation in which a large number of players vote for a single person.

My response was “2. A bandwagon is when multiple people pile on to vote one person, usually with little to no valid reasoning.”. I didn’t say that a bandwagon had to have no reasoning.

Flag Post

lul, devourer got #7 wrong. Thought it was a gimmick.

But yeah, questions in this thread are pretty obscure. Many have to do with logic, which isn’t really always one-sided.

Flag Post

Logic is always one-sided. If you input a calculation into a calculator, it always gives you one number. It doesn’t say “1+1 is 2 and 3”. It says “1+1 is 2”.

Flag Post

lul, devourer got #7 wrong. Thought it was a gimmick.

I’m not sure what you mean, but I thought that it wasn’t Twilight because the host didn’t immediately state it after the first majority vote. That and I wasn’t sure whether Hell wanted contemporary FGF rules, contemporary Mafiascum rules, or contemporary InsertWebsite.com.org rules. And since I’m a perfect human being that has no flaws, obviously the latter plays a stronger role in my incorrect answer.

Many have to do with logic, which isn’t really always one-sided.

I don’t see how a definition has to do with logic. Like Hell says, logic is typically one-sided.

Edit:

Answer me questions Hell.

Flag Post

What questions did I get wrong?