[Story] Fields of Honor page 2

49 posts

Flag Post

(Because I don’t count votes from jackasses.)

You should’ve taken the vote from therealsirmark4, calling him a jackass and not taking a vote from his is just rude.

The thing is, it’s not on offtopic, it’s on forum games. Bro needs to shut up.
Shit just got real.

I don’t know how people can be this retarded.

Flag Post

So this is a CYOP. (Choose Your Own Path)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordJaska:

(Because I don’t count votes from jackasses.)

You should’ve taken the vote from therealsirmark4, calling him a jackass and not taking a vote from his is just rude.

The thing is, it’s not on offtopic, it’s on forum games. Bro needs to shut up.
Shit just got real.

I don’t know how people can be this retarded.

The vote I didn’t take was from you.

Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Yup, it kind of is.

Originally posted by LordJaska:
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Nope. It’s only a CYOP at certain points. Otherwise it’s useless shit that doesn’t belong on FGF, imo.

Want to get banned? No? Stop trolling.

Flag Post

Commandment #11: Thou shalt not listen to jackasses that insult good stories.
In other news:
Lol, at first I thought it was Garen & Justine all over again and they’d started kissing or something. Then I remembered. :3
Also, the bird sounds delicious. Absolutely delicious.
…I like elves. :3 And no, he doesn’t mine jewels. He’s a scholar. With a side of badass.

Flag Post

DaHumanitarian, I’d like to point out that while you’re a perfectly good writer(your story’s not bad IMO), perhaps this would be better placed in “The Arts” forum. Unless you’re doing an Into The Abyss style game, these type of stories will piss off regs like Jask as traditionally, CYOPs are less story and more player-choosing.

Flag Post

Edited, in case you want to use Mosyle.

Also:
Jask, you’re being a douche. Please stop. I think it’s kind of interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

DaHumanitarian, I’d like to point out that while you’re a perfectly good writer(your story’s not bad IMO), perhaps this would be better placed in “The Arts” forum. Unless you’re doing an Into The Abyss style game, these type of stories will piss off regs like Jask as traditionally, CYOPs are less story and more player-choosing.

Hmm, alright I guess. However, as qazzaq as advised me to post it here, I shall do so…

Originally posted by Firespread:

Edited, in case you want to use Mosyle.

Also:
Jask, you’re being a douche. Please stop. I think it’s kind of interesting.

Someone that agrees with me.

[removed]

Flag Post

You can’t make Jask gtfo this thread. You can flag his posts and have them deleted, and his account possibly silenced, though.

Flag Post

His account was silenced and thus he created a new one, helltank.

Flag Post

Qazzaq is a forums moderator.
And this is my thread, why should I gtfo?

Flag Post

Even though qazzaq might be a moderator, I think the fact that helltank and Jaskaran are Forum Games Forum regulars makes their opinion carry more weight than qazzaq’s on the topic of where exactly this thread should be placed (although Jask can be quite rude while voicing his opinion), especially as I haven’t seen qazzaq around here.

A factor that could have influenced his recommendation is how, when you ask for opinions on what to do next, the possible choices are presented like in a manner reminiscent of those CYOP books. However, as stated in the title of the thread, this is a story. And like helltank said, this is more story than CYOP (or CYOA, which this leans a more to). I agree with him that this should be placed in The Arts forums for the following (extremely long-winded) reason:

As far as I know, in a normal CYOP, the game host usually just describes and lets the players decide how the story proceeds. However, for this, most of the story is written by you. Also, you let people suggest characters with a character sheet similar to that of some RPs. I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but I feel that you are a somewhat lazy author who saw a game, thought the concept was very interesting, and wanted strongly to make a story based on that game world. Instead of properly planning out a story, you just went with the flow and started writing. When you can’t decide what to do from a few possible paths that you could pursue, you ask for opinions. Having not properly planned this out and not knowing what you want your characters to go through, you ask for character suggestions that could give you ideas and which you could add on to keep the story moving. Which is why I think that this is, in essence, not a game, so it does not belong here. The Arts forums has writers which you could ask for opinions from.

tl;dr, I think this belongs on Fanfiction.Net .

Flag Post

Holy shazz, that’s a long post, but it’s a very good point. However, I don’t think it would be possible to quite transfer a whole already-existing thread to The Arts. It’s here.
Jask is a jaskass.
EDIT: He got silenced again. :D Get ready for the 3rd account, or, hopefully, for him to stfu.

Flag Post

Thanks. I agree with you as I also don’t think that it’s possible to transfer a whole thread to The Arts. However, in my opinion, the fact that it is currently here should not discount it from the possibility of being moved if it is in the wrong place, especially now when the thread is not very long yet. Additionally, except for Firespread’s Mosyle and your Drakan, most of the other posts are just talking about where this thread should be placed, so I do not think that it would be much of a loss to lock this and move on, re-pasting the parts of the story that are here on a new thread. Being interested enough to create a character, I think you and Firespread wouldn’t mind copying and pasting it in a post on the new thread, or DaHumanitarian could also do it himself and add a small note acknowledging that you two created them.

Flag Post

It’s really up to Humanitarian if he wants to move it or not. If he does, well, I guess I’ll be perfectly happy with that, especially if people like Jask DO NOT FREAKIN’ BOTHER US.
If he doesn’t, I’d still like it if people like Jask DO NOT FREAKIN’ BOTHER US. We don’t need your crap about ‘This should be over here and fdsalg;dhjgaso;kedjsg;sdfkjl;sdaf trololool fdsak;fdsa". Honestly. You don’t like, you don’t read.

Flag Post

I’m a forum reg too, y’know.
I think this could easily be classified as a CYOP with story-drive. I, for one, have no problem with this so long as we, the players, get a choice on the character’s decisions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

I’m a forum reg too, y’know.
I think this could easily be classified as a CYOP with story-drive. I, for one, have no problem with this so long as we, the players, get a choice on the character’s decisions.

Thank. You. Someone who actually is a reg that is not a complete and stubborn ass.

I’ll bother you as long as this is in this forum.

Real mature. Real freakin’ mature.

Flag Post

Thank. You. Someone who actually is a reg that is not a complete and stubborn ass.

No regulars here are donkeys, sorry to disappoint you.

Real mature. Real freakin’ mature.

First you say “mature”, then you say “Real freakin’ mature”, learn English.

Flag Post

Wow, I never realized it had been two years since I last looked at this thread… And I’m afraid I was disappointed I didn’t find a beautiful masterpiece when I came back. Page 2 is nothing but arguments… I know you’re still out there, Humanitarian. You’re a good writer, and should continue writing.
…Of course, if you don’t follow this thread you’ll have no idea I said anything, but meh. I’ll take the chance.