[Continuous] Take Your Temperature

109 posts

Flag Post

Hello, fellow Kongregants!

A while back, I created this social (‘forum’ is perhaps a better term for it) game and posted it to facebook. A few people played along, but then some ruined it. I trust this community a bit more with games, so I thought I’d give it a try.

Read on for the rules

Welcome to Take Your Temperature

Here’s the idea: everyone playing is on one of two teams, divided by Warm and Cool colours on the colour wheel. You know which team you’re on by the first letter of your username. A through M are Warm Team; N through Z are Cool Team. So, yes, this means that every one is playing. Including you. Here’s how to do it.

The objective of the game is to be the first team to reach 50 points. (This is subject to change by creator’s determination.) At any given time, gameplay is stationed on one of the colours. This colour is determined by the mention of the previous commentor. You can take your turn now by posting the name of an adjacent. Typing in this colour grants you 1 point, which is, of course, good for your team. I’ll keep score.

Here’s the thing: you can only type in colours of your own Team, and only when they are adjacent to the previously mentioned colour. Members of the Cool Team can type ‘green,’ ‘blue,’ or ‘purple;’ members of the Warm Team can type ‘red,’ ‘orange,’ or ‘yellow.’ But only if the colour is right next to the previous one.

You may have realised the strategy to this game: Orange and Blue are safe colours for their respective Teams, but Teams can’t earn points unless they type in a new colour. Meaning that the opposing Team has a chance to steal the game placement.

In short: deduce which Team you are, look at the most recent comment, type in your own comment of a neighboring colour and then make dubstep noises at the satisfaction you just felt from earning your Team a point.

Have fun with Take Your Temperature, and share if you find it simple, fun and social.

A few miscellaneous rules:
1) You may not write the same colour as the previous commentor.
2) You may not post until at least two other legitimate comments have been made since your last one.
3) Suggest a link to a video that I find hilarious to earn an extra 3 points for your Team!

-Kaleb525

Flag Post

First of all, welcome to FG!

As for this game—it’s certainly an interesting twist on the traditional Tug-of-War concept. However, I’m not so sure that it doesn’t break #5 in the FG Conduct Guidelines.

Flag Post

Well, the picture is really just to make it easier to remember the colour wheel and the team layout, as well as provide some colour. Is that a breach? And thanks for the welcome :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

First of all, welcome to FG!

As for this game—it’s certainly an interesting twist on the traditional Tug-of-War concept. However, I’m not so sure that it doesn’t break #5 in the FG Conduct Guidelines.

I think this game is actually legal. At OP, when does the game start?

Flag Post

Race, it shouldn’t break it.

Flag Post

Thanks for the clarification.

The game starts now.

Yellow

(This doesn’t actually count for a point)

Flag Post

Green

Score:

Cool Team: 1
Warm Team: 0

Flag Post

Blue
Cool: 2

Flag Post

Green

Score:

Cool Team: 3
Warm Team: 0

Someone from Warm, quickly snatch it!

Flag Post

you can only type in colours of your own Team

I assume that this makes your post invalid, DAZ.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

you can only type in colours of your own Team

I assume that this makes your post invalid, DAZ.

My bad.

Flag Post

Yellow

Score:

Cool Team: 3
Warm Team: 1

Flag Post

Green

Cool: 4

Warm: 1

Flag Post

Red

Cool Team: 4

Warm Team: 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Red

Red, a color that isn’t adjacent to green.

Flag Post

Yellow(To replace hammy’s last post)

Flag Post

Orange

Cool 4, Warm 3.

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 4

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Red

mutters Rulebreaker.

Flag Post

Purple

Cool: 5

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 5

Flag Post

Orange

Warm: 6

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 7

Flag Post

Stop breaking the rules, Jask. XD

A few miscellaneous rules:
1) You may not write the same colour as the previous commentor.
2) You may not post until at least two other legitimate comments have been made since your last one.

:)

Flag Post

Well, shit.

Score is, then:

Warm: 5