Demonbound[SIGNUPS][RP] page 3

69 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rosate:
Originally posted by Underlord:

Name: Xenophon Cosmos

Race: Aetherian

Description: Xenophon is caucasian, 6 feet and 5 inches, muscular build, strong voice, silver hair, bright purple eyes, with wings that are pure white that glow. Usually wears a white robe with a gold trim, and a half blue and half silver star on the back.

Personality: Very peaceful, merciful. Usually hates causing trouble or fights, and never kills anyone unless it is absolutely required.

Faction: Aetherian Vanguard

Racial Ability: ability to fly

Magical Abilities:
The Bolt of the Mighty: Xenophon is able to summon a lightning bolt so powerful, that anyone within 10 feet of the blast will get knocked out for a whole day. (Xenophon only uses this when he is extremely raged, because he is peaceful.)
Invisiblast: Xenophon is able to blast a laser bolt from is laser pistol that is invisible, and twice as powerful as a normal blast from his laser pistol.

Physical Abilities: Xenephon is very speedy. He can dodge almost any attack, and escape a battle successfully most of the time. He also has very strong control over his wings, and can fly in any weather.

Items:
Laser Gun of Holy Qualities: a powerful laser blaster that can usually knock out the average Demon and badly wound a Human/Nurmansk
Flame of the Lost Guardian: a capsule that contains a fire in it that blasts whenever Xenophon wishes that can burn a Human/Nurmansk/Demon very badly
Charm of the Ancient Scribe: a very ancient charm that gives Xenophon good luck and fortune
The Missile of Return a homing missile that returns back to Xenophon after used

c:

Passive dude + weapons of mass destruction = ?

Awesomeness?

He usually doesn’t use those powerful weapons unless his allies are in danger or it is required to kill the enemy.

Flag Post

[B_S, I’d just nerf anything that I think is OP. I actually like it when people make ridiculously versatile loophole making magical abilities. It means they put in effort into the game and are creative enough to come up with this. It also points out loopholes I need to fix.]

[On Xenophon Cosmos:]
[Bolt of the Mighty is an instant no-no. Its damage needs to be reduced so you can’t just fly to within 2 feet of Cthulhu and pwn him. Also, needs to have an energy cost. I don’t take into account the “only when raged” section because personality is subjective so a munchkin can decide when he is “raged”, which is probably “always”.]
[Invisiblast can be made visible by magical powers.]
[Laser Gun of Holy Qualities:The key word is usually. So powerful beings will just shrug it off.]
[Flame of the Lost Guardian has a limited range, not unlimited.]
[Missile of Return’s damage needs to be specified.]

[On Matthew Parker:]
[Human names on an Aetherian? Like with Artemis Well, something’s wrong here.]
[Invisibility can be nullified by powerful spells. Requires energy to cast.]
[The Aura of the Gods:Turns? What is this? I know no “turns”. RPs have no “turns”. Fix this.]

Flag Post

[On Matthew Parker:]
[Human names on an Aetherian? Like with Artemis Well, something’s wrong here.]
[Invisibility can be nullified by powerful spells. Requires energy to cast.]
[The Aura of the Gods:Turns? What is this? I know no “turns”. RPs have no “turns”. Fix this.]

A : Yes .. a human name on an Aetherian … Why .. i suck at coming up with names XD
B : invisibillity : Yes … it would be nullified by More powerfull spells .. and basically any spell that reveals Traps/Secrets .. i didnt make it undecetable … and it does require some mana .. and after casting He would have to rest or catch his breath for a little while due to the fact that he has a low mana pool
C : I thought it would be more of a turn battle than an all out battle as in organized and turn based instead of anyone attacking anyone else anywhere at any time .. if that doesnt work i’ll change it to 5 mins

Flag Post

Edited my sign, put edit next the the parts I changed per your instructions.

Flag Post

[mmatheking, it’s an RP. Since this is obviously your first RP, let me explain how they work. It’s like a story. If two orcs attack you, you don’t say “I use my dagger of power+1 and cast Blessing of Strength, then use my Fury Strike skill on the first orc.” You tell it the way a story teller would tell a combat scene. Eg. “The wind howled past me as I weaved through the orc’s frantic defense, then landed a slashing blow from hip to neck, cutting him into halves.”]
[I am of course aware that one could say “I use my powers to kill 10000 orcs”, but I will ask them to edit or delete posts that make their character too powerful(sometimes called godmoding). If they refuse to comply, I will flag it and ask mods to make sure they don’t post in my game until I unban them.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

[mmatheking, it’s an RP. Since this is obviously your first RP, let me explain how they work. It’s like a story. If two orcs attack you, you don’t say “I use my dagger of power+1 and cast Blessing of Strength, then use my Fury Strike skill on the first orc.” You tell it the way a story teller would tell a combat scene. Eg. “The wind howled past me as I weaved through the orc’s frantic defense, then landed a slashing blow from hip to neck, cutting him into halves.”]
[I am of course aware that one could say “I use my powers to kill 10000 orcs”, but I will ask them to edit or delete posts that make their character too powerful(sometimes called godmoding). If they refuse to comply, I will flag it and ask mods to make sure they don’t post in my game until I unban them.]

No thank you , this is not my rp , it is just that i used to rp in rps with a turn based combat system … i already edited my sign up sheet upon finding out that it is not turn based …

Flag Post

[Also, casting too many spells at once won’t drain mana(unless you make a special request for a new mechanic for your character, but I rarely grant those and only to veterans like Minnakht, BC or B_S.), they just make you fatigued in general. Sometimes you also suffer negative side effects like dizziness, unconsciousness or instant death.]

Flag Post

[Also, casting too many spells at once won’t drain mana(unless you make a special request for a new mechanic for your character, but I rarely grant those and only to veterans like Minnakht, BC or B_S.), they just make you fatigued in general. Sometimes you also suffer negative side effects like dizziness, unconsciousness or instant death.]

i am also aware of that .. but i’m just too lazy to input the sideeffects of the spells which is why i will experience certian side effects in the rp itself … And before you even say it i am also aware that mana regenerates .. i just put my mana as low due to that his attacks are more pyshical than magical

Flag Post

[If mana is just a metaphor for the amount of energy you have, I’m perfectly fine with it.]

Flag Post

Hell, who are you referring to in your first post?

Flag Post

Any response to my edited sign?

Flag Post

[Rosate’s edited sign is accepted.]
[reaper, what post? What do you mean who am I referring to? As far as I know, all my posts are clearly marked with names.]

Flag Post

You’re describing a character similar to mine, but you’re using Kipdon’s name and situation.

Flag Post

[:O I mixed up the two.]
[Edit time.]

Flag Post

So how will we find out about the portal? Will you just tell us somehow?

Flag Post

[It’s not one portal. It’s many portals that will spring up all over Blackmoor. If you want to have a portal near you, just write that a portal suddenly appeared before you. This is possible because Evernight, Arkfurionsk and 11 other demon warlocks screwed around with the space between the planes. They meant to create just one portal, but it suddenly became unstable and portals started popping up everywhere.]

Flag Post

[Just so you know, I’ve added a possession to Sephisiel’s roster that ties into his job description.]

Flag Post

[Which possession is that?]

Flag Post

[Which possession is that?]

Le ring. Because he’s a soldier, or something like that.