Lynch Mafia: The Nightless Mafia [Day 4] (locked)

106 posts

Flag Post

This is a Lynch Mafia. Lynch Mafias lack nights and involve a lyncher trying to lynch a target. The townies win if the lyncher dies, while the lyncher wins if the target dies. In the case of multiple targets, all targets must die.

Since it’s now going to be relevant, here are blakzer’s supposedly-easy-to-understand RULES!

1. Votes must be easy to notice and to read. “Vote blakzer,” “VoTe BlAkZeR,” and “V073 814KZ3R” will not be accepted (Unless the username is literally of the incorrect formats), while [Vote blakzer], Vote blakzer, and using large headings for “Vote blakzer” will be accepted.

2. Actions are not cumulative. Waiting 3 days then using your stockpiled actions will make me give your action very low priority, meaning you will go last. I will also randomly pick your choices, which can result in the action being voided anyway. Being the forgiving GM I am, investigating twice in a row when you investigated the day before will void you from any punishment… that day.

3. I can and will revoke your abilities, give you worse abilities or outright kill you. The easiest way is to piss me off without breaking the rules it to deny me when I clearly give you the reasons why you can’t do that IN THE GAME ITSELF. Disobeying certain rules can also invoke my wrath.

4. Don’t post your actions in the topic. I will ignore any action aside from voting that isn’t PM’d to me, and the opposite faction will likely attempt to kill you. Relatively minor compared to my other punishments.

5. Until a cop investigates you, NO ROLECLAIMING. Likewise, if you are a target, you can’t mention that. Likewise, fake investigating by anyone but the Anti-Cop will result in similar punishment.

6. Please, use correct grammar. If I have trouble understanding you, I will give you two warnings. If I still can’t understand you, I will bring a reserve in. If there are no reserves, I’ll give you the curses of the hated and millers. If you somehow get to the point where less than 25% of votes are required to lynch you, I WILL MODKILL YOU.

7. Inactivity will result in you automatically losing. Oh, and a modkill/reserve replacement for good measure.

8. Discussion of this game outside the thread, such as PM warfare, is not allowed, and can result in me either Modkilling you or giving you a less severe, but nonetheless terrible fate, depending on severity. Either way, you will get banned from the next game I make.

9. Although unrelated, whatever reserve I bring in is able to gain a win if he/she is still alive.

Flag Post

Roles for this game. Not all of them will be used.

Town

Townie: Your everyday basic “Good” unit in Mafias. Does nothing special.
Target Townie: Like a regular Townie, but the lyncher wins if these die with Target Cops.
Cop: Can investigate others. Can either be Sane or Insane.
Target Cop: It’s a sane cop. Lyncher wins if these die with Target Townies.
Martyr: Can sacrifice self to save another from being lynched, and knows the target townies/Mafia, but not affinity. A random normal townie becomes a Martyr every even day.

Mafia

Lyncher: Tries to kill every target. If every target dies, the Lyncher wins.
Anti-Cop: Only role allowed to fake a cop, otherwise a Lyncher. Appears as a random TOWNIE role when investigated.

All Mafia are considered Targets by the Martyr.

Other

Survivor: Like a townie, but only tries to live through the entire game.
Cop Buster: Can convert cops into townies and anti-cops into lynchers. Targets stay targets. Wins if all the cops and anti-cops lose their investigative abilities. Can investigate, but doesn’t need to remove his/her own ability to win. Anti-Cops are seen as MAFIA when investigated by him.

To prevent Day 1 wins, Targets, Anti-Cops, and Lynchers begin as Townies and convert to their respective roles at Day 2.

Investigators are rare, and the Cop Buster is only assigned if 2 cops exist. Anti-Cops are the rarest type of role in this game. Survivor role only assigned when there are 8 players.

I am not a bastard GM. However, depending on how badly you break the rules, I can very well end up making it impossible for you to win, to the point that 1 vote = Lynch, ignoring rule 6.

Flag Post

Players (For every 7 players, there is 1 cop and 1 lyncher, and 2 targets. 1 out of 3 lynchers are Anti-cops. Seven players are needed to begin.)

1. Woon1957
2. Jaskaran2000 Dead Day 2, Unknown Townie-Sided, Investigate to learn role
3. RaceBandit Dead Day 1, Cop Buster
4. Pulsaris
5. T6salt Dead Day 3 (Lynch/Modkill), Lyncher
6. adv0catus
7. Kaleb525
8. DrMartian
9. ocelot
10. devourer359
11. JaumeBG

Reserves
AdeebNafees

Flag Post

Player statistics

Targets: 3? 4?
Alive: 9
Cops: 1? 2?
Mafia: 1
Other: 1
Townie: 6

Dead: 3
Targets: 0? 1?
Cops: 1? 2?
Mafia: 1
Other: 1
Townie: 1

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign (This should be interesting.)

Flag Post

Signification.

Flag Post

I’ll probably sign, but first I want some things clarified.

1) If there are no nights, what’s with having multiple cops? Do they have Day Invos?

2) Does the Anti Cop have any other specialty beside the fact that it can fakeclaim Cop? If it doesn’t, all cops will be rather clear if they claim.

3) If townies learn the identities of all targets one by one on every even day (by becoming martyrs), shouldn’t they just claim (NL, NL, someone claims martyr and clears all the targets, NL, NL, NL, someone again claims martyr and clears all the targets, scum is borked).

4) Does the Cop Buster know how many cops there are?

5) Can scum win while the Survivor is alive?

6) Is the number of targets/vanilla/lynchers/survivors/cop busters in the game declared?

7) You should get a ruleset for the game. I suggest Bluji’s Balanced Ruleset, or you can make your own. Particularly, you want to change the lynching mechanics if they don’t suit your needs.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

I’ll probably sign, but first I want some things clarified.

1) If there are no nights, what’s with having multiple cops? Do they have Day Invos?

2) Does the Anti Cop have any other specialty beside the fact that it can fakeclaim Cop? If it doesn’t, all cops will be rather clear if they claim.

3) If townies learn the identities of all targets one by one on every even day (by becoming martyrs), shouldn’t they just claim (NL, NL, someone claims martyr and clears all the targets, NL, NL, NL, someone again claims martyr and clears all the targets, scum is borked).

4) Does the Cop Buster know how many cops there are?

5) Can scum win while the Survivor is alive?

6) Is the number of targets/vanilla/lynchers/survivors/cop busters in the game declared?

7) You should get a ruleset for the game. I suggest Bluji’s Balanced Ruleset, or you can make your own. Particularly, you want to change the lynching mechanics if they don’t suit your needs.

1. Cops will PM me who they want to investigate.

2. The Anti-cop is seen as TOWNIE when investigated by another cop.

3. Townies are PMed when they become martyrs.

4. The Cop Buster knows how many cops there are, including him/herself.

5. The Survivor can’t be a target, so the scum can still win.

6. Not really. It depends on how many people sign.

Flag Post

1. I know that. I meant when do they PM you? You said the game is nightless. Does this mean cops can investigate during the day?

2. Oh, I see.

3. My question is what prevents the townie from clearing all the targets the moment he knows their identities?

4. Makes sense.

5. Ouch. The Survivor will have to make sure that scum doesn’t win, then, because if they do, he can’t get his win. Really, he should prevent the game from ending while he is alive so town doesn’t go “ololol” when he claims just so scum don’t win and later gets lynched by the very same town.

6. Will it be declared after signups are over?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

1. I know that. I meant when do they PM you? You said the game is nightless. Does this mean cops can investigate during the day?

2. Oh, I see.

3. My question is what prevents the townie from clearing all the targets the moment he knows their identities?

4. Makes sense.

5. Ouch. The Survivor will have to make sure that scum doesn’t win, then, because if they do, he can’t get his win. Really, he should prevent the game from ending while he is alive so town doesn’t go “ololol” when he claims just so scum don’t win and later gets lynched by the very same town.

6. Will it be declared after signups are over?

1. Anytime during the day phase.

3. Martyrs are selected from the entire group. If I select a Cop or target on the even day, no Martyr for that set of two days, making it fairly random. Also, depending on how many are still alive and their roles, the Martyr ability has a chance to fail.

5. Even if Scum wins, the Survivor wins.

6. Yes. Townies and Cops will overlap with the targets, too.

Flag Post

/in

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

NOTICE: The game will begin tomorrow. Anyone who still wants to play can sign up now, though signing after the deadline only entitles you to an inactive’s role.

Flag Post

Sign. Woo-hoo! Made it!

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

2. Actions are not cumulative. Waiting 3 days then using your stockpiled actions will make me give your action very low priority, meaning you will go last. I will also randomly pick your choices, which can result in the action being voided anyway. Being the forgiving GM I am, investigating twice in a row when you investigated the day before will void you from any punishment… that day.

Under no circumstances should an action not performed on the previous Day be allowed to be performed on the current Day. If you don’t use it, you lose it.

5. Until a cop investigates you, NO ROLECLAIMING. Likewise, if you are a target, you can’t mention that. Likewise, fake investigating by anyone but the Anti-Cop will result in similar punishment.

Roleclaiming has a purpose, and is sometimes useful (or even necessary) in order to attempt to reduce suspicion towards you. If you’re afraid that a mass roleclaim will break the game, then design your setup to avoid that situation. Similarly, providing fake investigation results can sometimes have a purpose, particularly for the mafia.

8. Discussion of this game outside the thread… is not allowed

I’m assuming that this does not apply to the mafia?

Flag Post

There’s no night, so there is obviously going to be no nightchat for scum to utilize. No clue whether or not they’ll have day chat; AFAIK they usually don’t.

Flag Post

Day 1 begins.

Investigations: Where the investigations of the day are. If a cop is lynched, their investigative results are LOST.

Lynch: The role of the previous lynch.

Special Event: Each day has a different one, though “No event” can be counted as a special. Today’s special event is that NO TARGETS, SURVIVORS, OR LYNCHERS can be lynched. If the survivor is lynched, the player with the second-most votes is lynched instead.

Also, CONFIRM YOUR ROLES! No non-players may post in this thread, unless it’s an irrelevant prediction on which side will win! No talking aside from the irrelevant prediction, either.

Flag Post

Confirm